Strong start with CW and Strange

>Strong start with CW and Strange
>New Spidey and Guardians lookin good
>Incoming based Black phanter
>Hulk is Thor's new love interest
Chances are MCU's Phase 2 will end up being the weakest. But how would you rank its movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel716.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Winter Soilder, Guardians and At-man were great.
Iron Man 3 wasn't bad but wasn't good either.
Dark World and AoU were awful.

GOTG was good but way over-hyped. It was a solid movie and that's about it.

Iron Man 3 told an interesting story without resorting to AN EVEN BIGGER THREAT THIS TIME by relying on Tony's character and I really respect it for that.

Winter Soldier was bland as fuck.

Civil War was overburdened and the ending was a pointless cop-out. Tony said he didn't like being part of a system with no accountability back in Iron Man 1. Adding a bunch of dead kids and dead parents to force a conflict was lazy writing.

AoU might've been good if it was a direct sequel to the first Avengers and nothing had taken place in between. It had a lot of good beats, but didn't hold up overall.

Ant-Man and Dark World were fine.

IM3 - Good, personal story. I never minded the twist.
Thor 2 - Worst Marvel movie, Loki is about the only good part of it.
Winter Soldier - Best Cap movie, if slightly overrated.
Guardians - A fun movie with a kickass soundtrack.
Age of Ultron - I liked it but it has some serious issues.
Ant-Man - I didn't see this one.

It's only logical Phase 2 would be the weakest.

>Phase 1
>everybody thinks Iron Man is a fluke so feigy and the movie department are free to do their shit
>Avengers happens
>Phase 2
>the kike gets greedy and starts fucking shit up
>Iron Man 2, 3 and AoU end up sucking
>the Cap, Guardians and Ant-Man franchises get overlooked and underestimated
>they end up being the highlight of phase 2
>kike and comitee get kicked out
>Civil War and Strange turn good
I'm worried about Spider-Man, but at least Guardians and Thor are looking real good.

>Winter Soldier
>Bland

>Dark World was fine
That's our local retard just ignore him.

>That's our local retard
Did Boco forget his trip?

>Chances are MCU's Phase 2 will end up being the weakest.
You serious?
Phase 1 is pretty much forgotten at this point.

>no character beats that weren't hastily cribbed from avengers
>cap never makes a bad choice
>all problems are solved by doing what he was doing before but HARDER
>like a shit ton of people still die and aren't really acknowledged?
>fury is dead! just kidding he's fine

it was a pretty generic action movie that didn't really push character anywhere interesting the way Marvel's best movies do

People still say the first Iron Man is the best. In fact many still seem to think its still one of the best MCU movies.

I don't but whatever.

Phase one gets forgotten but Iron Man is still arguably the best of the franchise and the first real franchise builder. I think Iron Man and Avengers will outlive the rest of the MCU as movies people go back and rewatch.

Not to mention Avengers is still the most well known and successful super hero flick. Cap, Thor and Hulk were decent and you have horrible turds like Age of Ultron in phase 2, so I agree phase 1 is superior.

AoU was absolutely fucking terrible, but Cap, GotG and Ant-Man were worth it in a way. Dump the event vomit shit on Whedon, take the narrative and small critical loss there, and let relative weirdos fuck around away from the mess.

IM3 and Thor were both pretty forgettable.

Only cape thing I'm looking forward to right now is Legion on FX. It's success could mean a greater rise of darker, detached capeshit miniseries airing on more premium networks, beyond what's already happening on Netflix and way the fuck off the DC and AoS shows. I trust Hawley, seeing as he will latch onto the MPD like a motherfucker, and the cast looks strong. Great trailers as well so far.

>New Spidey lookin good
>Spidey ever being enjoyable.

Weak ass bait. I'll grant you that the other stuff looks pretty good.Aside from that stinker, Phase 3 is looking good. Hopefully S-man doesn't ruin the whole phase.

All Marvel movies are forgotten in a few weeks. And with Strange doing poorly (sub-Winter Soldier numbers) it looks like they're not even able to keep people interested in their new movies.

At least it did more than Ant-Man, r-right?

Is it still being shown on cinemas?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel716.htm

I disagree.

700m is pretty respectable for a lesser known hero like Dr. Strange. Marvel's origin movies have been exponentially making more money everytime. The only reason SS did all that money is because it had Harley, Joker and Batman on it.

I wonder how much money will Infinity War make just on brand recognition alone.

BvS and SS also had no competition for weeks.

Are you retarded?

>Lol literally who Doctor Strange did worse than Captain America's second movie
>Oh wow Marlel is finished! Xd
Go back to Sup Forums

Iron Man 3 - 7
Thor: The Dark World- 6
Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 8
Guardians of the Galaxy- 8
Avengers- Age of Ultron- 6
Ant Man- 6

I want it to beat Star Wars.

>2 billion
wew lad.

Thanos better be a better draw than Batman and Superman combined.

Say what you will about AoU, but it gave us best girl

Doctor Strange made more money than any other solo debut in MCU history.
It'll get a sequel, which will make more. Which will get another sequel, which will make even more. Just like Iron Man and Cap and every other franchise. This ride ain't slowing.

>every other franchise
*except Avengers.
Looking at the numbers now I can see why Disney execs were so pissed about Age of Ultron's performance. Sure $1.4 billion ain't nuthin' to be ashamed of but as the ONLY MCU sequel to make less than its predecessor it's still a combo breaker. Shit's annoying.

You guys exaggerate how bad AoU was. It's on par as Thor. And Thor was pretty boring.

At least it meant getting Whedon out. I understand Marvel movies are fun and colorful action flicks, but that movie was so disgustingly full of witty comebacks and quips.

BvS tanked because every normal person gave it poor WoM.
Avengers 1 and 2 beat BvS, would you say Ultron and Loki have a better draw than Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman and Doomsday?

Calm down, nigga. I wasn't referencing BvS at all. It was just a joke.

And to ask your question Loki is indeed a draw and so is Batman. Ultronetty, Supernetty and the lesser members of the JLU aren't.

Makes me wonder how the DCEU will perform in 2017 if they keep fucking it up. Next year a bunch of blockbusters and getting sandwiched by other blockbusters. At least it seems they are playing safe with JL.None of that "elevating the genre" bullshit.

...And most of that is China Money, which domestic studios see only a fraction of. It did worse than both Iron Man movies, and the majority of most Marvel movies.

Captain America's first movie was an absolute flop, and the sequel underperformed. Why else do you think they turned Cap 3 into an Avengers movie?

I'd say Phase 2 was better than Phase 1 by miles. Phase 1 was entirely being propped up by Iron Man. Phase 2 got people to care about Cap, Star-Lord and Ant-Man. If Phase 2 seems worse, it's only because the Avengers movie was worse. The solo films were better on average.

The best Phase 2 movie was Winter Soldier, which still remains as the best written solo MCU movie (Civil War is not a solo movie). Ant-Man was my second favorite, but coming in after AoU it really feels like a Phase 3 movie.

P2 started off weak with IM3, which, and I won't mince words here, was just bad. Dark World was even worse, I enjoyed it only because I really really really wanted to. GoTG was a very good movie, but it is honestly overrated. It is the definition of the "marvel quip machine" stereotype.

Phase 3 is ALREADY better with Civil War and Doctor Strange, both of which were fantastic.

Iron Man 3 was pretty boring. I actually preferred IM2, which is an achievement. The twist itself was fun, but the replacement villain was probably the worst in the MCU.
I never even saw Thor 2 because Thor didn't do much for me.
Winter Soldier did everything right and I am in complete awe of it.
Guardians was fun and cheesy at the time, but really doesn't hold up on rewatch.
Age of Ultron was absolutely shit and mangled the characters.
Ant-Man was fun. It was formulaic, but the actors and characters brought something new to it.

I havent watched any of them super hero movies.
Do I have to start at a certain movie or is it fine to watch them in any order?
Spent the past few years scouring for movies from asia and focusing on those. Nearly 100 movies later, I think I'm ready to pick this super hero shit up.