My mom is a mysterious lady

My mom is a mysterious lady.

honestly this is how the show should have been

More

Dangit, Bobby.

i love the original baby cakes shorts so much...

it's a shame china IL couldn't get him quite right.

I thought China IL was still pretty good regardless. I think maybe they just didn't want to use ALL their Babycakes on it.

I agree.

Though they did make him more of an idiot rather than an insightful idiot.

He was never insightful.
He misinterpreted the world around him through idiot goggles.

which had esoteric insight, forgotten chosen one

Mine is too but that's because she abandoned me as a child but oh no you don't hear me COMPLAING do you moM?!?! Fucky ou!!! Why werent you ever here?!?

>He was never insightful.

He was though.

They asked if i was a virgin. I said no because i couldn't give birth to a jesus

Dear diary. today Lion shit in the shower. I chopped it up with a magazine and it went down the drain okay

Would Steven be better if he would just be aggressive?

To quote a bible, "The Lapis Lazuli is right, Purple Puma. They ARE among us."

I just hope I die while fusing and not in wine drinking contest

Gem People run
Run like the wind
Gem People screw
Screw like the wind

China IL in general is very watered down compared to the original shorts and characters.

Another thing that someone pointed out a while ago around here is how the show basically confirms that the characters we follow aren't sad, low-functioning adults with twisted perceptions of the world around. Instead, the world around them is genuinely filled with crazy fantastical stuff. Which isn't as satisfying.

We see brief snatches of the world they live in during the shorts, their world is just as fucked up, but we only catch little moments of it, we don't see it in full, confusing motion. The time Frank and Steve decide to just teach a film class, they show a movie called "A Secret Place to Shit" starring Anthony Hopkins. In Coffee Line, Baby Cakes is genuinely surrounded by like 12 of the same stocky little blue shirt and sunglasses man. The entire America Now series is about 2 guys just touring around on a flatbed trailer singing weird songs about America. It's never stated if they're doing it in support of some cause, of if they're just three weirdos (their driver dresses just like them) who want to sing about their country.

But I guess that still supports your point, none of that is fantastical and magic, just weird. Probably Adult Swim insisted on a bunch of retarded super-science bullshit and other magical creatures.

Did anybody ever compile like, every appearance of the Brain Fuckler?

>Steven gets all fucked up on Canada Cakes and smashes up the Donut Shop

This.
I really liked the idea of Professor Cakes being some sad older man living with his giant man baby son and just didn't have the heart to say what really happened to her so he made up a weird lie about joining the Navy. That whole bit about him reconciling with his bitter old dad and burning down their old house wouldn't happen in China Il. The closest we got was when it was revealed Pony was a widow who was kind of fucked up about her dead husband.

I really wish it was more like the pilot where it was funny but that deep fucking sadness in it all.

You forget an entire episode revolving around voodoo and that sexy, Road Warrior Pony.

Probably.

I hated that they ruined Kenny Winker in the Adult Swim series. As a man who writes ridiculous songs about making good sex, it was sad to have him be so boring.