True Detective

This shit is canon right?

Showrunners said it was a coincidence

well it's not

((((((coincidence))))))

"Showrunner" Pizza isn't the author of the word, the superior Cary Joji Fukunaga is. Everything demonstrated by the show is canon. Pizza flipped the fuck out and wouldn't allow the truth to come out in the final episode, nor in the "official showrunner" narratives. Season 2 is sans Fukunaga and therefore sans quality.

AUDREY WAS RAPT

Fishing, Audrey afraid of grampa. Grampa father of Marty wife. Marty wife rapt. Audrey rapt. Firstborn always rapt, must give them over to the cult.

Dory Lange photograph with cult taken as child though she was killed at age 29. Father "drove a Peterbilt" off the road. Why wouldn't a father bathe his child?

Marty wife interfere with investigation with Rust sex. Ordered to by cult.

Remember when turboplebs would spam MUH SAM AND DEAN in refutation of the Lovecraftian nature of the show and then in the finale the killer plagiarized Wilbur Whatley from The Dunwich Horror?

wtf dude

>coincidence
lol that's a load of shit

no. recurring motifs do not dictate the plot or foreshadow twists that would blatantly go against the established nature of the characters. pizza had been vocal in interviews about 'tricking' the audience. besides, the crimes and the cult stuff were just a backdrop for rust's and marty's stories. most of you plebs missed that point when the finale aired and the response was "wooooow that's it all they caught was some dumb hill billy and everybody else got away??"

Funny how in the end it was the fedora tippers who require the big stick.

They intentionally filled the show with stuff like this. The whole point is to make you wonder who's in on it/who's not.

Guy's lets get down to the important discussion here, are there ANY, ANY show's/movies AT ALL similar to this masterpiece of televisual kino?

I've never been able to find anything like it.

How'd he plagiarize Whatley?

hahaha all these internet nerds trying desperately to make TD season 1 seem deeper than it is. Go rewatch it. It's fight-club tier edginess and nothing more.

retard

>Why wouldn't a father bathe his child?

Woah.

Top of the Lake

user just stop b8'in and go back to watching twin peaks and listening to death grips

underage brainlet detected

Thank you user this looks great

sounds like I struck a nerve, your also complaining about a Sup Forums meme thats been around since the showed aired so...

>your
>...
brainlet and a minority? you are fucked

This shit is Autism Right?

absolute trash that belonged on the lifetime network

Uh oh user is taking pot shots on spelling now. Can you come up with anything else or am I wasting my time?
>no upper case letter at the beginning of your sentence
>jesus christ

>being so shaken by my post you make sure to use the correct spelling and grammar
haha

Feel free to make your own recommendations user, or you know just shitpost

The line about how "sometimes [he] can almost see the infernal plane" is straight up lifted and flipped. Infernal plane is way lamer than the original though.

Laura was rapt

seriously, twin peaks. it may seem campy and whatnot but it is a masterpiece. it's my favorite show of all time although I recognize its flaws. If you want something tamer but still "deep" try mad men. Best show I've ever seen.

>True Detective
>coincidences

>mub fake news

just kys now
youre going to do it eventually anyways youre so empty & alone

pizza literally said neither of the kids or marty's inlaws were involved in the cult. one of his daughters just stumbled upon his casefiles which he accidentally left around at home once and she got all the imagery from it

This. Its not that similar to TD s1, but its that same level of quality. Higher actually, especially with season 3.

S1 of both shows shot by Adam Arkapaw

never seen the show. what's the mindfuck here

hot head man is not allowed to believe in co-incidences

it alienates him from his friends

Agreed. It should have been called The All White Men Are Evil Rapists Show.

Eh, Peter Mullen & sons are set up to be bad guys and they end up pretty sympathetic.

>making up headcanon for Fukunaga's show
Pizza is even more of a pathetic faggot than

This. I hate that TD is hold in such a high esteem and Rick and Morty is shit on whem at least R&M play the nihilistic, atheist, existentialist angle for comedy while TD played it completely straight

Pizza literally spent years writing the first season. Season 2 dropped in quality because he was forced to writie it in a coulle of months, not because of Fukunaga's absence, even though yes he was part of what made S1 great.

except the story for the first season wasn't even that good once the plot got going, it was great because of the acting and the direction

Your entire post is literally just regurgitated memes, what the fuck are you even trying to communicate?