Who do you think was Norms favorite and least favorite guest?

Who do you think was Norms favorite and least favorite guest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2UJMmF40i3c
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKgXcDNuo4
youtube.com/watch?v=HveoDZDP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=zmi0mDc-cBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just this season or in general?
fave so far? seinfeld
least fave? jim

Norm's favorite? Letterman. He really looks up to Dave and credits him with jump-starting his career. Same goes for Roseanne.

His least favorite? Who knows, probably Larry King considering he kept talking about death for no reason.

Favorite: Roseanne
Least favorite: Silverman

Margaret Cho was his least favorite almost certainly. Billy Bob would be a possible favorite but I read that Norm cares very much that the show is funny so I'm not sure if that would be his pick. He seemed to like fucking with Todd Glass, maybe that one.

Lads here's all the Norms I haven't watched
Can you tell me who to which ones I can skip and which ones are must watch?

Jim Carrey
Tim Allen
Margaret Cho
Bruce Jenner
Jerry Seinfeld
Sarah Silver man
Jack Carter
Martin Mull
Marc Maron
Bob Saget
Todd Glass
Fred Willard
Andy Dick
Simon Helberg (bazinga sidekick)
Larry King
Russell Brand
Fred Stoller

I tried watching Jim Carrey but it was just actually aggravating

Seinfeld is great if you love comedians talking about comedy, which I do.
Silverman is annoying because she keeps chastising Norm for being not PC enough.
Saget is great.
Maron's pretty good, especially if you like WTF.
Haven't seen the rest yet.

The Super Dave episode is still the best

Ive been trying to watch the new ones but they simply dont measure up to the original highlights.

Its hard to match Richard Clock, Albert Fish, making light of 9/11 and hitler jokes.

He was awful this season with almost all of the guests so I guess he was just intimidated by them.

Yeah Carrey was way too Carrey, and made for a shitty episode.
From your list, skip them all except Tim Allen, Jerry Seinfeld, Fred Willard and Fred Stoller.

You can skip Margaret Cho, Bruce Jenner, Sarah Silverman, but I wouldn't recommend skipping any others.

Fred Stoller almost ruined Ray Romanos so I was thinking I wouldn't watch him but if you say so

Probably Letterman. They were jerking each other off about how wonderful they were and telling anecdotes about literally whos from 40 years for the whole hour.

Dana Carvey's impressions were not funny. At all.

it's one of the best NML episodes, you should definitely watch it

Brand is great because Norm can't fuck with him as much as he tries

nick swardson and andy dick were my favorite moments when he shit all over the man grate and dollar shave club. they have to pre record all his ads because of these eps

Tim 'candy man' Allen is a must watch

Watch:
>Tim Allen
>Seinfeld
>Silverman (I know, but it wasn't bad)
>Maron
>Willard
>King
>Stoller

>MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE TIER - the Infinite, the Absolute, GOD dwells within the eyes of Jerry Seinfeld upon which Norm Macdonald perceives
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry Seinfeld

>TOP TIER - Either strong comically, or generally interesting
>~~~~~~~~
Bob Saget
Todd Glass
Fred Willard
Larry King
Jack Carter
Martin Mull
Fred Stoller

>MID TIER - Occasionally dry, but otherwise just fine
>~~~~~~~~
Andy Dick
Bruce Jenner
Simon Helberg
Marc Maron

>LOW TIER - eh
>~~~~~~~~
Tim Allen
Margaret Cho
Sarah Silverman

>BRAND TIER - never watched this one, don't like him in the first place
>~~~~~~~~~~
Russell Brand

>READ THE WIKIPEDIA PAGE ON EXISTENTIALISM TIER - hard to watch
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Carrey

Not a good episode though.

The Andy Dick and Simon Helberg shows are absolute highlights.

Also, I didn't like Russell Brand either and still don't, really, but it's an interesting episode.

>least fave? jim
It seemed like Norm was legitimately getting annoyed and could not sanction Jim's buffoonery, as the show went on.

>he kept talking about death for no reason.

David Spade fit the format of show the best. He also knew how to treat Adam.

andy dick was great, he took all norms shit pretty well

So did Super Dave.

I could watch an hour loop of him staring at Adam uncomfortably and be entertained.

>Who knows, probably Larry King considering he kept talking about death for no reason.
that jew has eaten so many babies every other person he knows is dead or he divorced them since all jews hate family values.

great list though i would consider moving tim allen to top tier for the quality of the interview and move sarah silverman to the russel brand one since every time it comes on in playlist i get that urge to skip it.

the tod glass one was kino though
glass was so out of his element and norm was at his most filthy and playful

favourite: gottfried
least favourite: stoller

he's friends with both, but he really went for jokes with gottfried, stoller was a last minute replacement

This

Super Dave and Andy Dick's were my favorites, as well.

>gottfried
that man is such fun
that skit about Adam licking Hitler's asshole just got funnier and funnier.

I really recommend Gilbert's podcast. The ones where he talks with Artie Lange are insanely good.

Also the wait for Norm to talk to Artie is killing me. He's gotta have him on the show before that junkie ODs for good.

Larry King is like 90 years old and recently revealed he has cancer, he probably already knew back when they recorded that episode, can't blame a guy for having death on his mind.

eh Jim kinda fucks up everyone's time no matter who. Felt like Norm was fairly giving.

Like destroying the set is so fucking shit.

Bruce? Who's that

your faggot dad

The worst part was how he directed everything to the people behind the camera. He needed a passive audience to play to and was incapable of relating to norm. He treated norm worse than adam should be treated.

I agree if you swap Seinfeld and Jim Carrey.

It's like by 'i'm not a person' he really meant 'you're not a person'. He's so far from egoless, it's just a way of disregarding other people

I thought it was funny he fucked with the crew. It was just innocent fun. He has transcended us mere mortals. Jim was displaying his power level full blast.

fellow patrician. two of my favorites

>Least favorite: Silverman
Does this not just apply universally? I'd rather listen to Carlos do an hour of other people's comedy than listening to any retarded thought out of her head.

Spade doing an Adam Eget impression was one of the greatest highlights of the show. it's one of the rare times you see Norm laugh so hard that he actually covers his face.

>Jim Carrey

How can you rank someone who doesn't even exist, user?

Man people really hated Jim's interview because of the weird shit he was talking about, huh? I just assumed he was fucking with Norm, and in that context it's hilarious.

name a funnier NML moment
youtube.com/watch?v=2UJMmF40i3c

the falklands bit is the best

Tyson is a good episode cause he just dont give a fuck

I couldn't even make it to the weird shit part you guys are talking about. Jim is terribly unfunny

The "I'm not a person, just ideas." bit has been done and he doesn't seem to be bringing any new stuff to it.

This season has been pretty awful. Way less focus on being funny and way too much talk about showbusiness. Sarah Silverman is the worst guest so far, she actually complained about Norm trying to tell jokes and demanded that they go back to just having a conversation about showbusiness and how only white men can succeed in comedy. And it was a two parter. Brutal. I haven't watched the Margaret Cho episode.

don't, it's even worse

cho episode was very bland and none of the political or social justice stuff came up until the very end where norm destroyed her with a joke about muzzies that seemed to go right over her head

remind me

>Jim Carrey
skippable
>Tim Allen
skippable but some good parts
>Margaret Cho
skippable
>Bruce Jenner
skippable, best moment was Adam Eget's retarded question
>Jerry Seinfeld
skippable
>Sarah Silver man
awful
>Jack Carter
pretty good
>Martin Mull
skippable, worst episode before this season
>Marc Maron
watch it
>Bob Saget
watch it
>Todd Glass
maybe the best episodes so far even though Glass sucks
>Fred Willard
great ep
>Andy Dick
great ep
>Simon Helberg (bazinga sidekick)
great ep
>Larry King
one of my favorites
>Russell Brand
good ep even though Brand is annoying
>Fred Stoller
one of my favorites

there's really no correlation between how funny the guest is and how good the episode is

I think it's funny that the person who shit on Adam the most this season was Caitlyn Jenner

Favorite: Jack Carter
Least: Tossup between Allen and Cho

from 4.05

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKgXcDNuo4

cheers
norm pal

god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=HveoDZDP86M

one of the deep cuts

dirt nap

Recommend:
Tim Allen
Seinfeld
Martin Mull
Maron
Saget
Glass (part 1 for Norm's genius, in part 2 Glass spergs out a lot)
Fred Willard
Andy dick
Simon Helberg (one of the best episodes because of Norm)
Larry King
Fred Stoller (top 3 best episodes ever)

youtube.com/watch?v=zmi0mDc-cBY

He had great chemistry with Norm and was hilarious when he made fun of Norm for misunderstanding him ejaculating on himself

reminder Andy Dick is the reason why Phil Hartman is not alive.

The Carrey episode made me hate rich people in a whole new light. What a cock suck.

He's gone through some shit man, and he wasn't born rich either. Hell, he acknowledges it that the events in his life were just events. He's not really self righteous. He's gone through depression and is tired of putting up a facade of a person that has to make people laugh.

Bobby Lee, Margaret Cho and Silverman were all fucking garbage

You forgot Bruce Jenner.

I bet Norm loved having Letterman on, seeing as how he's his idol and he cried on his last apperance there.

Imo Nick Swardson was one of the funniest episodes even though I had no idea who the dude was before I saw it, that "red skeleton" thing makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Seinfeld episode is worth it for Norm's Super Dave impression. It's too good.

who is Norm Mcdonald, where did he even come from?
t. spic

add this to the infinite list of awful recommendations by /tv
every single one of these episodes was complete dogshit. painful.

here comes adam eget licking out goerings asshole, maybe he'll help

what comedy do you like?

Maybe Rich Little, the tone was a bit different but he seemed genuinely in awe of the guy

The Tim Allen was great and pretty damn funny. I loved the discussion about Stand-up comedy and Tim's stand-up history

>Hey, Candyman why don't you give me some of that cocaine

I'm kind of glad George Carlin is not alive to see the sorry state of comedy.

>George Carlin
fuck that hack

whats the best episode and why is it the gilbert gottfried one?

he laughs too much, it is fucking annoying

the way he destroyed that egret fuck is great

>guy who stopped doing jokes and mostly spouts opinions would be upset that that most comedians stopped doing jokes and just spout opinions
hwo so?

todd glass is such a try hard

The Jim Carrey episode would have been good if he just shut the fuck up for a second and let Norm get a joke out.

the jim episode was great. jim had some funny moments, some real wtf moments, and told some interesting stories. when jim was normal he was funny, when he wasn't he was bizarrely captivating

true, but it's not like norm doesn't do that every time he's on a show

>2 episodes of silverman
>1 episode of seinfeld
fuck norm and his crush on that bitch

he released them both at once so who cares

Even though Carrey is an asshole trainwreck now, his presence is still true A level star. Fascinating to watch and being in the room would have been incredible

JUST

The opening to the Brand one is funny as hell. Definitely watch that bit at least.

>ywn hug jim and shush him and tell him everything will be ok

: (

don't hug him he's riddled with disease