Sup Forums Christmas Cheer Thread #17

What's this? What's this? There's Sup Forumshristmas everywhere.

Grab some cocoa, turn on the Christmas music, get comfy, and hang out with some Sup Forumsmrades as we share stories and get into the holiday spirit.

As previous years share your Amazon wishlist and some random user may purchase a holiday gift for you. Be sure to gift another user in return so we can spread the cheer far and wide.

Ungifted lists: pastebin.com/PnsZCHHH
All lists: pastebin.com/i76p6g59

To get your wishlist code open you wishlists on Amazon, then click on the name on the left side of the page it will update the URL at the top to be registry/wishlist/#########
We just need the ###########

Missing Address: When viewing your list, click "List settings" in the upper right hand corner. From there click "View details" on the wishlist you are using. On this new page in the middle will say "Shipping Address". Mark "Use an existing shipping address" and select the address you want to use (most likely your home address). Below that check the box "Third party shipping agreement". Click on "Save Changes" and you're all set!

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/view/hydrachristmas
pastebin.com/6UN1ayC8
pastebin.com/sWuWJ2Ms
pastebin.com/RJdLW7sQ
pastebin.com/vbPk9D9W
pastebin.com/HLV8GN4L
pastebin.com/Fnj9ZGa7
youtube.com/watch?v=poV2mZuVOjI
youtube.com/watch?v=5NhijmGTwwo
youtube.com/watch?v=350Xlkvn0Ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Final warning for the writing contest.

Start off the thread by reposting this awesome delivery by POFG.

And what the heck, I'm posting my list too: VJ9BT1OBNF7

2I034K1BBBBZL

i hope it's ok if my list isn't Sup Forums related
i'm just asking for a dedicated chess set
i've been getting a lot better now and nothing feels better than actually feeling the pieces
thanks and merry christmas!

people generally gift each other books in the $5-20 range, asking for a $40 chess set is kinda...out there.

haha i know it's kind of "dear santa, i want a ferrari" tier
i just thought i'd put it out there

fair enough

Anyone got any tips for buying gifts for a 5 and 10 year old? I've got to get my youngest siblings something but I'm out of ideas.

Can't go wrong with some plushes.
They make plushes of all kinds of stuff, including monsters etc.

That Mexibro's wishlist is a bit ridiculous. Who's going to pay $285 for a funko pop?

Merry Christmas guys. Here's my code
KTPMTCYJLKH8
Also, what is your favorite Sup Forums related Christmas special?

Muppets Christmas Carol. Can't go a Christmas without watching it.

Do ten her year olds even use toys anymore though

This so much! Best interpretation of a Christmas carol

Depends.
My nephew is stitched to his tablet, but when he gets a good toy he'll go wild.

Muppets are great. I always liked their movies and renditions of classic stories.

I think that might be Mexican Pesos since it's .mx, so 285 would really be about $14.

By the way, when's the next stream?

Jesus, I'm retarded.

1FDBRSJ0U0IZQ

merry Christmas

How does a stream of all of the Planet of the Apes movies sound...starting about Wednesday?

Those big art supply sets that have like colored pencils, markers, watercolors, etc could be a good choice. Combine it with a sketch book and you can't go wrong.

The other user is too polite to say it but basically, you're taking the fucking piss. Fuck off.

Hohoho, merry smissmass, 3JMHGUE6ACEKL, a certain marshy, bayou-ish, everglade-ian, wetlander, boggy, mire-ful, morass-ic THINGS book is on its way to you

Scribs, could you draw Usagi Miyamoto with his son Jotaro playing in the snow?

If I hadn't already spent $60 on anons gifts I might've bought it if it were Sup Forums related

Those are great if the kid likes to draw, but the absolutely cheapest ones are usually pretty crappy so it might be a good idea to buy a slightly more expansive one.

The hour is now at hand.
The submission phase of the writing contest is now over! Unless you get it to me before I'm done reading all of these.
Here is the site with all four of the submitted stories, please read them and let the writers know what you think of them.
sites.google.com/view/hydrachristmas
Also, if someone could either put this into the OP or the Pastebin, that would be nice. Also remove the rules pastebin.

I'll read these and pick a winner when I'm done.
See you on the other side.
HAIL HYDRA
\o/

Hell yeah.

I hope my story is enjoyable.

Thanks bro. Glad you like it. I don't want to leave the house right now. Too cold.

For shit's and giggles 36N04QFZXGDAK

Thanks! Been looking forward to reading these

Just a reminder the puzzle is still live! You can ask for help if you so need to
=============================
Alright folks here it is my final puzzle!
Everything you need to answer the riddle is in this post (well in a way). This puzzle is so easy to do all you have to do is answer my question. But before you do that you may wish to read this
pastebin.com/6UN1ayC8 - My original puzzle write up from last year.
pastebin.com/sWuWJ2Ms - Puzzle 2
pastebin.com/RJdLW7sQ - Puzzle 3
pastebin.com/vbPk9D9W - Puzzle I did as a warm up a few weeks back
pastebin.com/HLV8GN4L - Puzzle 1 Xmas 2016
pastebin.com/Fnj9ZGa7 - Puzzle 2 Xmas 2016w

12-40 111-7 1503-1 5-100 20-25.
32-18 43-16 4-106 21-24 137-6 425-2
664-1 4-106 21-24 1633-1 1575-1's 494-2

Answer in the following format "Oh Mighty Riddler the answer is "

Before we get started yes that 's is in there on purpose. This one will take all of your cunning, or is it counting? Oh well who can tell. Get cracking!

And if you so love my riddles FKVFTCKNPLCE

Hey, Bandette came today. Thanks again!

There's quite a few Anons who should be receiving gifts this week part of the benefit of buying early is you can take advantage of Amazon's deals for slower shipping, which means Anons will get them closer to Christmas. I have a shitload of pantry dollars now apparently.

If anyone wants some movie digital copies im probably going to dump them all here tonight after work. Also posting my wishlist 1AFNGL2SDUUM2.

HAIL HYDRA!

Lists have been updated, we're at 175 registered and 10 ungifted, a 95% gifting rate.

>sites.google.com/view/hydrachristmas

Wooo! Fingers crossed everyone!

I'll try and get a stream going tonight when I'm done wrapping presents.

I look forward to checking them out.

So Close yet so far. Here's 3 more lists gifted.

39UM0EMOIJT4N
234D4W8PYM663
225ZUOBRNH1P3

>Scribs, could you draw Usagi Miyamoto with his son Jotaro playing in the snow?
I just remembered seeing this earlier and forgot to respond. Do you want a drawing or a scrib? POFG might be a better choice for a drawing.

Uh, I just like Usagi Yojimbo a lot. Either a scrib or a drawing would be cool

I don't know what to do with myself now. Classes are done, next semesters classes are chosen and its too cold to leave the apartment, and I can't stay at the gym all day. Wat do?

>225ZUOBRNH1P3
Thanks! I've always been meaning to get into Punisher comics and you just gave me the push I needed. Merry Christmas. May a year of good fortune and many shekels bless you, my dude.

The Fight Before Christmas was amazing. I loved Megas growing up, and it hit so many of the right story beats. Little heavy on the Gurren Lagaan for my taste but I know it was done with love.
>They’d probably be written off for tax-purposes or something lame like that!
It still hurts, dammit!

I enjoyed Very Watchmen Christmas a lot for what it was. Had some character issues And when you're dealing with these ones, that isn't surprising, they're hard to pin down for a Christmas Dinner scene, but the core relationship between Nite Owl and Rorschach was very solid so kudos to you. Really liked the beginning in Rorschach's apartment.

Order of the Triad was short and sweet. I haven't watched Venture Bros. but I'm generally aware of the characters. Opening paragraph is hilarious, even without not really knowing the characters too well.
>I heard there was a Blacula nearby
Love it.

I've only been aware of Usagi's existence, and haven't read anything with him, so I was a little concerned heading into this one, but was relieved to see how well the story unfolded. Probably the most well written out of the bunch. It's a nice little plot, too. I was worried at the end that they'd follow the footprints back to their house and cause trouble for the family.

AND TIME FOR THE RESULTS:
youtube.com/watch?v=poV2mZuVOjI

I've got to give it to Fight Before Christmas.
It's written just like an episode of one of my all time favorite shows, and the characterizations were all perfect.
Hell, you even rewrote the theme song!
>Uh, Coop? It's Santa.
Had me dying in the first minute of reading.

So thank you all that entered, it was very fun reading them, I hope it was fun writing them.
Be sure to keep practicing, and maybe one day if you're lucky, it will get a stranger to buy you $50 worth of nerd stuff.

Merry Christmas and HAIL HYDRA

Make sure you check out Rucka's run for some Solid Frank. I had a lot of fun reading that series.

Punishered Venom Frank

you could read my losingUsagi story from the writing contest, if you wanted

It feels like it has been too long since we had a crypto quiz

16F4O2JY3FFCQ

It''s bretty good, like something Sakai would make

did you guys have a good weekend? It's the final stretch of the holiday season
I feel like Garfield cuz I'm hating Mondays
/IYIVZUUY85JI

>Order of the Triad was short and sweet.

That went better than expected.

I didn't had time to edit some stuff since I was out.

Oh man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun with the concept. Now if a drawfriend would just draw Megas doing a Giga Drill Breaker with a Christmas tree drill, life would be perfect.

Merry Christmas, Hydra.

Congrats to the winner! Man, it was fun to write it none the less. I hope people enjoyed it if they went through it.

If you really though it was the most well-written it completely surpassed my expectations for it. Really happy you enjoyed it!
Look forward to reading the rest when I get off work

Planning on making a gingerbread house now that finals are over.

Anyone have any tips/know-how?

Call up the city to see if there's been any documented reports on the lot to check for flooding or other domestic complaints.

Get some friends together & copy the competition rules from this year's Bob's Burgers Christmas episode.

Does it have something to do with that code in puzzle one?
is it also a numeric substitution cipher,

Be sure to do a coincide analysis of the blueprints to check for collisions before you finalize everything.

Check your planning permission. Bake based structures usually require more paperwork than traditional brick and mortar ones.

We're finally getting some snow again today. The weather report claimed it was supposed to snow non-stop from Thursday to Sunday last week and we only got a light flurry. Now it seems to be coming down pretty well, so I'm cuddled up with my kids and watching old MMPR episodes on Netflix out of nostalgia from our discussions a few threads back.

Speaking of, can anybody offer opinions on the Zyuranger DVDs from Shout! Factory? I've always wanted to check out some sentai stuff without it having been American-ized first.

Oh, cool. I've been looking forward to these.

Now if only we can convince Mexico to extradite Kamalanon, we can wrap up the art contest too.

>I have a shitload of pantry dollars now apparently.
Yeah... What the heck's up with that? I saw there was like a day's difference in shipping options with the choice of receiving a $5 credit for the later one (which is still supposed to arrive before Christmas). Thinking I'd just use it toward another gift purchase, I accepted, only to find out it's only good for grocery items or something?

It is indeed a substitution cipher, but the key is shall we say, a bit wordy.

Yeah it's basically grocery money

What is Amazon even in your countries? You have these deals and cashback stuff and drone delivery and same-day delivery and student discounts and whatever Amazonsmile is supposed to be while stuff barely makes it to my country at all. Did you sacrifice a smaller and weaker country to them or something?

next time user, try a little more consumerism, a little more CAPITALISM.

Not yet, but we have something in the works. Where do you live?

I'd honestly not ever heard of this Amazon Pantry thing before, but it looks like you place grocery orders through it. I've always primarily used the site for books and movies, but I guess they're branching out to groceries in a big way now.

>Did you sacrifice a smaller and weaker country to them or something?
No, but the little town of Amazonia doesn't appear on maps anymore for a reason.

Is it absolutely necessary to read those pastebins for this puzzle?

Buttfuck nowhere, Sweden. I guess it's less "barely makes it to my country" and more "postal services don't like bringing stuff to the middle of nowhere".

I've ordered food from Amazon a few times now. It's really quite good. Got some stupidly cheap prices on cans and dried stuff to try it out. Baby food was cheap as hell as well. It's worth doing if you see things that you need or fancy.

I've noticed an interesting thing, apparently if you have a small enough wishlist (mine was four items) amazon won't even bother hiding what's been bought.
And since nobody here mentioned gifting me anything else (I've been gifted previously), I'm going to assume it's someone from my family.
If it isn't, I guess I'll post a pic on Christmas.

How do you know you are gifted if it isnt removed from the list?

Because it was.

Oh, my bad. Misread it.
Weird...

You can turn the hiding option on or off.

How's everyone doing today?

Oh boy! I thought that paired letter one was going to be the last? Are you going back to the old format?

Kamalanon mentioned something about receiving bad news, so they might just be working through some stuff at the moment. I do hope they come back soon.

I'm doing great, just happy to be home. How are you feeling, Hulkster?

Well, it was on when I got my first gift, and two weeks after getting it, the item user bought for me is still hidden.
I mean, it's within the realm of possibility that my sister ordered the thing, got on my pc when I was otherwise occupied, either at a store or on a crapper or whatever, went to amazon and checked if it can be seen from my account... but it's a little far fetched because of the timeframe it would've to happen.

I'm actually better, I've just been sleeping insanely poorly since I got better.

Still nice to feel better though.

Hey gang, are there any current open contests? I mean besides the cipher stuff which I have NO idea how to even approach so I didn't even take a shot at.

All joking aside, I do hope they're doing well.

I feel like you had whatever I had. The same thing happened to me when I was better and I'm still sleeping pretty poorly, only about 4-5 hours a night.

Same here.

That sounds identical to how I've been doing.

It's left me feeling 'ok', but I'm so drained I'm trying not to do to much.

Not that I'm aware of. It would be nice to have a contest that wasn't so complicated though.

> Sparkly Rusev
Swoon.

I've felt like this for weeks, but I just chalk it up to winter semi-depression due to the wonky sun-time hours during the winter here.

Well, to be fair..

This is after I was horribly ill for half a week, and dealing with recovering from the damage down to it for another almost week (I still have muscle soreness and have been occasionally waking up with a charlie horse in the middle of the night.

For me it was a head cold and chest congestion/sore throat for about a week. The sore throat was pretty bad, I couldn't speak for a few days, and the coughing fits kept me up most nights. Once I got over it I was finding myself waking up after only sleeping a few hours, which is what's still going on now.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to belittle your actual illnesses, just stating that I don't think mine's due to illness so much as environment at the moment. more often than not lately, I just feel exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get.

Do you get no sun at all during the winter? I know waking up to stuff like rain/overcast skies makes me feel tired the whole day, I can't imagine waking up to basically night time.

I know you weren't.

I was just saying that while ours may be more specific to us both being ill.

For about 3 days I effectively didn't eat, and even once I wasn't sick I didn't want to eat because of how terrible it made me feel.

Old but still funny.

22F7P31ZHSC0V

Marvel only seems to do these every 3 to 4 years, but I always really enjoy them.

How do we know if someone on the list has already been gifted?

>youtube.com/watch?v=5NhijmGTwwo

>youtube.com/watch?v=350Xlkvn0Ko

I think, currently, we get daylight from about 9:30AM-5PM.

There are 2 lists.

One list only has people who have not been gifted as of the last update.

if you want to double check, you can look for the 'purchased' selector when on their list (this won't show anything if the person deleted the listing after it was purchased.)

I'll be sure to add it to my list. How is Edmonson's run with Punisher anyway? I hear it has a rocky start but really improves as it goes on.

You can go to your own list and sort it by Purchased, then swap their code with your own in the link. That will bring you to their purchased list and you can see if anything was bought within the last few days.

That's right around how it is for me. I think the sun comes up at about 7am and goes down at 5 or 6. At least you don't have the 30 days of night and have to fend off the vampires.

Once you get pastnthe electro part it gets good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The skull mask was dope.

The middle arc was fine but the opening and closing arcs were lackluster at best. He had a good look but the blatant art swiping took me out of it at times.

I do need Rucka's ruin though. If it didn't cost a kidney.

Many thanks to the person who gave me the Volume 3 of Transmetropolitan.
I'm gonna browse through the list and see who hasn't been gifted yet!
Apologies though if it doesn't arrive by Christmas, my wallet has gotten pretty stretched thin as is.
Also apologies for this crummy looking quality.