ITT: Simpsons episodes so bad that you wanted to throw something at the TV

ITT: Simpsons episodes so bad that you wanted to throw something at the TV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3rjuAv9eA
youtube.com/watch?v=QC3qF0Fw0ss
youtu.be/4_fLGbUfSF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is this one about?

Homer and Marge want a vacation where they don't have to deal with the kids. Bart and Lisa are offended because ??????? and hunt them down as they travel to different hotels and resorts, each time acting like stereotypical annoying kids to ruin their vacation.

Marge was so OOC in this episode it's incredible.

I remember watching "Kidney Trouble" with a bunch of people when it aired, and feeling the negative reaction all through the room.

It was the first time I realized something might really be wrong with the show, as opposed to the internet complaints every year that it was getting worse.

what was the criticism?

Frank Grimes episode is my most hated. Probably when the show died for me.

>Fat Tony dies
>His twin cousin, Fit Tony, comes in to replace him
>Fit Tony
>Fit-Fat Tony
>Fat Tony

The Boys of Bummer
Jazzy and the Pussycats
All the future episodes
I find disturbing the writers's hateboner toward Bart

The episode that turned out to be the dream of a memory of a story of a tattoo on some random chicks back

I'm serious, that actually happened

>I find disturbing the writers's hateboner toward Bart

They hate his VA for being a Scientologist.

Pranksta Rap

They were hurt because the worry for their parents well being and being lied to also their fuck ingredients uncle or whatever died and they didn't get to go to the funeral.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3rjuAv9eA

The characters were all total assholes in CEIYC and you wanted to punch them the entire 22 minutes. The episode wasn't funny, cute, or clever in the least.

>Cracked

So be petty children and take out on the character that has nothing to with her beliefs? Glad I gave up on the show if these are the people they're hiring.

>that "LOLWERESUCHNERDS" prayer

Stopped right there.

Yeah...they have it in for Harry Shearer too.

That was originally intended as a 5 episode arc where Homer leaves Marge and dates that character voiced by Lena Dunham. However, someone on the staff was thoroughly weirded out by her and decided to pull the plug on it. They hastily rewrote it to a single episode where the whole thing is just a dream sequence. Lena Dunham was not very happy about this although they paid her for the five episodes she was supposed to have done.

They pulled the same shit when Snowball II died and they kept replacing her with different cats that kept dying until they got another black cat that just happens to looked like her and named her Snowball II as well.

Too easy.

Homer is horrendously cruel in an unfunny way. Almost causes his father's death and then refuses to aid him out of cowardice.

Screamapillar.
Kid Rock.
Bart gets women pregnant.

Any episode involving that faggot Gil.

user I hated that episode when I was a kid and still hated until last year when I reflected on it and realized it's actually good with relevant morals.

>It's not what you know, it's who you know
>Being a loner is going to handicap your career
Homer has his job because people find him likable/approachable, not because he's competent. Compared to Frank Grimes who is a bitter asshole loner.

Frank had it hard and made it because of hard work yet he's stuck up, feels entitled to more when that's not how the real world works.
Homer is partially at fault, how intelligent he is goes back and forth alot. But he did try to apologize to Frank to for his behavior and didn't really harbor any hate for him.

I'm older now and have seen the Frank Grimes in some of my workplaces and they don't go far.

Fit Tony was the end for me. such an affront.

have a source on that? while i do beleive dunham is creepy, i don't beleive it was gonna be a 5 episode arc.

>Bart gets women pregnant.
What, what?

He gets magical voodoo powers and makes women pregnant.

He uses voodoo to impregnant his art teacher.

Are you okay user?

I never saw this episode. What's wrong with it?

Absolutely nothing. You made a mistake in asking about it. Do not interact with anybody else who replies to that post.

Wait, really?

Fucking dropped. I mean, okay, I dropped it years ago, but I'm dropping it again.

Selma adopts a baby from China. It is now aged up to be older than Maggie for some reason.

Also the fact she impersonated Bart for a recording for Scientology phone calls

watch out, guys. you don't want to summon that man.

What man?

A guy who draws a webcomic of Maggie and the Chinese kid and they always appear naked in every one of his comics and stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=QC3qF0Fw0ss

JUST

That wasn't a bad episode.

>so bad that you wanted to throw something at the TV

Modern Simpsons sucks, but if an episode actually makes you feel that way, then it probably means you take the show a little too seriously.

Also Darcy was hot.

It was alright up until the point were he first picks up Darcy.

And then she child molested him but it's ok because she was a girl, right?

>Homer wakes up after having the doctor remove his kidney when he was in a coma
Give it back, I want it back

>Marge dies
>Patty moves in
>Stops smoking
>Loses weight
>Turns out she looks exactly like Marge
Everyone eventually calls her marge

Worst episode ever.

You are playing with fire dude
That baby should never be posted here

Holy shit, this makes me angry just thinking of it again.
What a fucking disgusting episode.

I sometimes wonder if modern writers have even watched the older seasons.

that guy hasn't posted here in over a year?

Honestly it wasn't that bad.

It's beyond awful.

All characters act completely out of character, Lisa is just a giant bitch throughout the entire episode and the end resolve is fucking stupid as well.

>Lisa is just a giant bitch throughout the entire episode
She's 8. You never acted petty to your siblings when you were 8?

the only episode that is cannon is the one that the writers are currently writing

I dunno about you but I personally never filed a legal contract to throw my brother out of the house and constantly harass him with a stick.

Nothing. Was one of the funniest episode I saw.
>"Well, Tibet was considered 'pretty independent.' How'd that work out?"

its a cartoon

Lisa doesn't really act like she's 8 so it's out of character for her.

you're complaining about continuity in the simpsons?

Goo Goo Gai Pan really isn't that funny and most of the jokes are just about Homer getting beaten up and mutilated.

this im willing to excise because kids judge eavj other on the last major happening. years of friendship can be forgotten in a dick move. not to say it was a good episode.

you know what i absolutely will not excuse? the one where flanders and marge almost bone. she has always been frirndly bust distant at best and annoyed at worst. so what if she was mad at homer? remember a streetcar named marge where homer was being a jerk but she still didn't show any interest in flanders even though he was hanging around shirtless? no? just me?

>you know what i absolutely will not excuse? the one where flanders and marge almost bone. she has always been frirndly bust distant at best and annoyed at worst. so what if she was mad at homer?
Diatribe of a Mad Housewife? Nah, I kinda liked that one.

The only things I found funny about that episode was Homer shuddering when Patty/Selma put his name down as their husband with the line "I just felt a chill go through my very soul!" and the "It may be hard to believe, but at one point I too was once a baby." line.

Went to watch the Simpsons after several years of not doing so, and this episode is the one that greeted me. I hated it. I waited a few months, tried again. Same episode. Tried again a year later, still managed to catch the same episode as a rerun. Took it as a sign I should abandon ship forever.

>When she uses that stick with the screwdriver to bully Bart

That scene gets me mad ,I would have broken that shit in half and punched Lisa if I was Bart( and probabily I would have gone in prison)

DON'T STAND SO
DON'T STAND SO
DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME

When you think about it it IS preferable to any "true" religious prayer.

You wanna know the truth? The writer of the episode (Dana Gould) had adopted a kid from China with his wife, so he decided to insert it into the show for whatever inane reason.

Remember when Homer turned down a fortune that could have gone to taking care of the entire family so the baby could keep a stuffed toy?

Shame she told Bart to drop dead for absolutely no reason the next time she showed up.

Remember when Lisa turned down a fortune which could have provided for the entire families future because of some pathetic, selfish moral which nearly killed her dad twice? Would she rather Mr Burns keep the money for evil?

At the very least she could have donated or invested some of it.

Bart Simpson is a cartoon character, not a real human being. Don't be so fucking protective of a drawing.

I don't blame them.

The man with the power.

What power?

Man, I really want to see what they would've done if Shearer had actually left the show.

There was also the time when he pushed himself to admit that he doesn't think Lisa is ugly when she's going through another one of her insecurities.

The power of voodoo

>last Simpsums was nearly a year ago
>then he switches to boring ass half hour rants about Simpsons
>doesn't even do that anymore, just posts random bullshit
Is there anything related to the Simpsons that doesn't go to shit over time?

who do?

you do

youtu.be/4_fLGbUfSF8

Right here. The Simpsons had been on life support for ages before this, but they fucking died for me right here.

God damn it, I'm still angry over this stupid pop shit.

Watched this episode a few weeks ago. Gotta agree it is cruel and even kind of sad but still funny at its best parts.

I loved that episode, especially the scene where they disguise Homer as a Buddhist statue to sneak into somewhere.

>Lisa: "Now all you need is an expression of utter serenity"
>*Homer makes this expression*

>Marge: "Just think about the day you found a Junior Mint in your belly button!"
>*Homer makes this expression*

hmm
I sided with him at the time, but realistically Maggie *will* get over that bear

>barefoot Sherri and Terri

>feels entitled to more when that's not how the real world works

He didn't really feel entitled, he didn't want more for him, he wanted people to realize how shitty Homer was. And let's be fair, he never caught a break in his life, why wouldn't he be resentful when people like Homer got everything on a silver plate?

>But he did try to apologize to Frank to for his behavior

After all the shit he did through the chapter, biting his pencils, being an asshole all around, and he had to be convinced by Marge to try and make peace with him (not apology, mind you, he never apologies)

I've hated a lot of episodes, but the first one who made me want to break the tv was the one when Lisa obsesses about their ancestors being slavers just to find out that they real ancestor were a runaway slave and a Marge copy that helped him escape.

When I realized that somehow giving a slave ancestor to the Simpsons (and such a progressive woman that helped them escape) to whitewash their past, was somehow acceptable and considered a happy ending, I was really mad. I realized the show was getting dumber with time, but it wasn't this disrespectful.

They had a previous episode where the founder of the city turned out to be a traitor and Lisa used that chance to explore the implications of History, that History heroes aren't perfect but the symbolism created around them can have some value. We got from there to a Naziesque approach where you're literally rotten unless you can prove you have a slave ancestor.

do what?

I don't watch any new Simpsons since I stopped at like season 12, But the only episode that I can remember making me physically angry was Lisa the vegetarian.

It gave me this seething hatred for militant vegetarians.

t. Frank Grimes

One of those strange instances of Simpsons ripping off Family Guy, rather than the other way around.