Does anyone actually like this snooze fest?

This is the most pretentious thing I've seen since Arrival.

I enjoyed it.

apologize!

absolute thrash

I loved it

because it's beautifully shot
and it's intense

>Liam Neeson
>Andrew Garfield

What did you expect?

Did anyone know this is the second time Silence was adapted? Wonder how the other is, how similar they are? Also, I really liked it and thought it effectively conveyed the value of faith or belief without having to personally buy into religious myth. Great film.

>thinks Arrival is pretentious

wew lad, hope you never watch anything by Goddard, Tarkovsky, or Lynch

>ywn feel this feel

A crucifixion for ants?

not being crucified and drowned at the same time
why even live

The mission is a better movie.

it's an interesting enough story, but yea it's way too long. way better than kundun or last temptation tho

Seconding this.

last temptation was better imo
and even though silence was long i didn't notice the time at all
flew by quite pleasantly

i thought you were ripping on Into Great Silence but you're not, so I'm gonna leave

It had a lot of great ideas told in a way that was very simple and easy enough for americans. I took my pleb friends to see it bc I thought there would be more fight scenes,so they were disappointed.

Glad that this pleb filter worked and still works.

Best show of 2016.

kylo ren was good in it.

Nah, you just have trash eyes and ears and brain. This is a really good film. I liked it way more than Wolf of Wallstreet.

its bad

>pretentious

it's incredibly straight forward. pretentious is hiding the story in some bullshit on-the-nose symbolism like aronofsky.

Silence failed in many ways to pull itself into the right direction.
It had great potential, but just failed to concentrate on those great emotions properly.

For example, we experience the main character feeling like he's Jesus himself, which vaguely transforms his humility into pride.
After we see the Jesus-reflection, this madness isn't adopted or explored at all, drawing alot of the meaning behind what could've been a fantastic plotpoint.
The friendship between Adam and Andrew's characters is very unconvincing; it was hard to really feel for him, because the story neglected alot of his point of view.

There are tons more I'd like to nag on, but the worst offender in this movie was the ending.
We see his burning corpse grasping a cross, signifying that he haven't really learned from his mistakes.
Sure, he doesn't utter a word about Christianity, but him holding a cross is like a direct disrespect to what the Lord himself supposedly told him to do. He ultimately only learned to be silent about his religion; not that religion itself isn't universal or anything more ambiguous.

Great potential wasted away

Congrats, you missed the point.

>Silence
appropriate name because that's the amount of applause it got when I saw it at the cinema. Snooze-o-rama!

Do Americlaps actually clap/cheer at movie theatres?

this. i feel like adam driver should've played andrew garfield's character.

at any rate, driver was definitely underused in the film, especially considering his huge weight loss and obvious commitment to the role

You really failed in many ways to pull your opinion in the right direction.

>itt: turboplens general

Thing is, in the book he is underused as a character as well. The film is surprisingly faithful to the book in fact, so i'm kinda glad they didn't make shit up for him to do.

how THE FUCK is this pretentious at all? Fucking retard.

Nope !! This thread is pretentious of all time !!!

Budget: 50 million
Box Office: 23 million

A snooze fest AND a flop.