Which shows from your childhood have you avoided just in-case they suck?

Which shows from your childhood have you avoided just in-case they suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q3q25_0AvkQ?t=1m57s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This show still holds up IMO.

90s Spider-man

Fox Spider-man and X-men
I caught a couple minutes of X-men while it was on Netflix and taking off the rose colored glasses it looks poorly animated. I chalked it up as a bad scene and vowed never to watch the rest of the series again.

Nothing, because I can handle liking shitting things as a kid and still have liked watching it back then.

This is a weird case, there are points in the series that are clearly animated by different studios. It's a very mixed bag.

Static was pretty good, though there were a few "Very Special Episodes"

It really hasnt aged well
Im kind of this boat with X Men. Dare I watch it again?

The first season or so is still really good. Everything else, not so much.

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go. I watched about five minutes of the first episode a couple months ago and have lt it sit since. Idk if it just started out slow, or if it really is bad, and honestly don't want to find out.

Man just imagine how much Sup Forums would hate this show if it came out today

Static Shock was the shit, you missed out hard.

Meh, he's not a legacy character, so he'd be fine unless the Sup Forums-tards show up.

Bro the gun episode was the Fresh Prince episode I happened to miss

Courage and EEnE.
I already ruined PPG.

I skipped Avatar since I thought it looked stupid.
Probably for the best since I wouldn't have appreciated it until later.
Also Samurai Jack

I remember seeing the premier promo of this show and felt it wasn't going to be my cup of tea because it was live-action where i was a cartoon fan at the time.

It was only later where the one episode came on and i was too lazy to change the channel and decided to at a least give it one fair shake before i write it off complete.

When it finished i realized that i might have found a new favorite TV show and continued watching the rest of the episodes when they came on.

I tried to force myself to watch American dragon jake long, avatar, and
barnyard
However I eventually watched avatar as a kid and loved it. Unfortunately my dad sold all my avatar dvds

EEnE is still fantastic. Courage isn't any good though.

Samurai Jack is the same thing each episode, just in different locations. As a kid, it was tight. As an adult, it gets boring after you make it about 10% of the way through.

Static Shock started out good when he had his own rogues and supporting casts. It went to shit when they overdid it the cameos. One episode could have Lil Romeo guest star, and another one had this big crossover with DCAU where Sinestro impersonates Jon and ruins his legacy.

Power Rangers.

Thsi shit was the bomb

not bad also need more cartoons where the villains push the hero to far
youtu.be/Q3q25_0AvkQ?t=1m57s

Xiaolin showdown.

>2 or 3 black characters
>Urban slang
Only the most basic of Sup Forumstard would give a shit.

All the non-major marvel 90's cartoons.

Hulk
Fantastic Four
Iron Man
Silver Surfer

user, I am Sup Forums and Sup Forums would hate the show because the sister is a cunt and causes too much melodrama, then they'd complain about Richie not getting enough screen time and maybe say a villain did nothing wrong.

The actual Fresh Prince gun ep was great.

>Samson has fart armpits!

>Raj has two bellybuttons

What the fuck was that? These two need to know that those "gross" secrets aren't the worst thing in the world. Wrinkled bodies are worse than that.

Remember the secret group of basketball players that wore Power Rangers style armor and went on secret missions to save the world?

Or how Static one time teamed up with Shaq, who didn't have any powers besides being "fuck-all huge?"

Or how Static once met an African superhero and immediately said he looked up to him because there weren't any black super heroes where he's from, then a season later he's palling around with Green Lantern?

Or all the dropped plotlines from the first season when it was the most interesting?

>The racist episode

It'd be Steven Universe levels bad x2 with the SJW/Tumbler cries.

>Silver Surfer
I rewatched that about a year ago and still enjoyed it, except for the fact it ends on a cliffhanger.
Maybe my taste is shit though. Or maybe yours is.

>Courage isn't any good though.

woah fuck you buddy

As a child, I hated all the family matters-esque racism episodes or stupid PSA shit like when rubberbandman had to disarm bombs and the challenge was not that he has no experience disarming bombs, but that he has dyslexia

I just wanted to see static zapping niggas from his garbage can lid

>Gay character
>MC is black
>Black neighborhood
>Christmas episode acknowledges the Jews
>Lots of Very Special Episodes, including one about school shootings and one about racism
Nah, Sup Forums would have a meltdown with Static

I re-watched some episodes months ago, it was actually ok, not terrible.

Mighty Orbots
All of the anime rewrites like Macron-1
Original Transformers
COPS

I did rematch Galaxy Rangers and was surprised that, while it had some stinkers, many of it's episodes were pretty good. That fucking One Million Emotions.

So every single Sup Forumstard then?

At the time DC was using Jon as the representative for Green Lantern on Justice League. Plus, Static was set on a different universe as DC earlier seasons.

That show does not have an ending. So either you'll ruin your nostalgia and find it terrible or you hurt from a good show having no conclusion. Really is a lose lose here.

>and maybe say a villain did nothing wrong

Probably Hotstreak, but he's such a douche it'd be hard to defend him.

This show was great, I loved this as a kid.

Is Richie even gay in the cartoon? They never mention it anywhere so he might as well be asexual.

They never mention it outright, but they do hint at it, especially in the mindreading episode where it's revealed that the only thing on his mind is Virgil, and how despite Virgil getting the occasional crush on a girl, Richie never seemed to have the hots for anyone. IIRC they interviewed the writing staff and they confirmed were writing Richie as gay without going in-your-face I SUCK DICKS about it or falling for the flaming homosexual meme.

It sucks because the last season was where they went full retard with that and that was the season where he got the black costume, which I loved.

Not a show, but still.

Also, I never watched the Mask cartoon. I didn't even know it existed until a couple of years ago

>Mask cartoon and Ace Ventura cartoon had a number of cross overs
>Stanley and Ace were not the same height

That shit always bothered me.

I just checked out the first episode of Static Shock again, and it comes off as trying too hard. I liked it when it was new, but I don't think I can do it again.

I think Static still holds up in the early season. Truth be told its prime comic material that I wish DC would use. The Bang Babies, The Meta Breed, and Ebon would be fun to read. But I guess we're stuck with Cyborg pushing

Cyborg is so fucking lame. Didn't like him in TT, don't like him in JL, he's just a very boring, one-note character. And it's sad because I love transhumanism shit with cyborgs and robots and what it means to be alive/human and all that stuff, but they never touch any of that, it's always BOOYAH FOOTBALL LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS VIDEOGAMES L33T HACKING

I fucking wish Cyborg's sports/football character trait was still relevant. Post transformation he stopped giving a fuck about all that

This show was boring
I watched it and only remember bits and pieces like the villain that turned himself into a rock and elastic boy or something that became good and fucked the MC sister

not necessarily childhood but ill be fine never touching adventure time, im sure it has its moments

Every show with a female main character
Today only Kim possible is still remembered

Any "moments" Adventure Time had ended 5 seasons ago. At this point, skipping it just saves you from getting your hopes up and then seeing them crash and burn along with the show.

How far back was the episode where Marcy tells the story of her and Ice King walking around right after the apocalypse? The one where he sings some song I can't remember while trying to control himself taking out that mob and finally gets her the chicken soup.

Everything after had been shit until I finally gave up.

The movie still holds up.

Up until today the last airbender because of korra

Powerpuff Girls, Legend of Korra (?), Dora the earlier seasons, obviously