I usually like Bendis but yeah this sucks

>Feels more like a an overstuffed Avengers storyline than an actual event.
>The first Civil War actually felt like the Marvel universe was being torn apart and this doesn't feel like that at all.
>Only one big battle
>All the real legwork for this event(character development, world building, etc) is being done in tie-in issues
>It's clear Carol is in the wrong. There's no moral ambiguity. You'd have to be willfully stupid to agree with her(also Superior Cap proved she's full of shit).

Also how has Stark and his side not been arrested or made out to be fugitives yet? In the first Civil War it's clearly shown Cap's side has gone underground and are on the run from the law. Stark attacked a sovereign nation and his army attacked a government facility. Maria Hill should have thrown them all in jail but she just lets them off for no reason. Why is current Marvel lacking in the legal department?

>I usually like Bendis
W H Y
H
Y

Not OP but Bendis has written good stuff in his long career. Stop being a simple minded.

I don't mind him. I think complaints about the dude are blown out of porportion and most of the hate stems from him just being in the game or so long and popular. I've read more enjoyable Bendis comics than I've read bad ones.

He understands what I and most people want from capeshit: Drama and superhero fights.

>I usually like Bendis

I loved Bendisdevil and early USM, but he hasn't written anything good in a decade and a half.

>I usually like punching myself in the balls

>I usually like Bendis
but why?

>"I usually like Bendis"
Yeah, you should read good comics and see what you're missing.

I've liked Bendis' work in the past but nearly everything post 2008 has been trash.

Also it feels like the only people invested in the event are Tony and Carol. All the big players are too busy with other more important shit to be involved in this supposed world shaking event. They just showed up for the big battle and left. Even in their tie-in issues the whole event is just played off as some Tony/Carol drama.

>Banner was living in solitude until he died
>Cho is just running around and being Totally Awesome
>FemThor is dealing with the war of realms
>Spidey is dealing with clones
>Superior Cap just stopped real quick to make sure Ulysses wouldn't fuck up his master plan and then went back to his thing
>SamCap is dealing with the media

>I think complaints about the dude are blown out of porportion and most of the hate stems from him just being in the game or so long and popular.
No, it stems from him shitting all over everything that's not his. He will willing fuck up any character he doesn't like and do stupid shit with ones he does because he's a selfish prick.

>Makes Kitty Pryde Starlord because "MUH WAIFU"
>Send's Flash to space for banal symbiote plot that shits on cannon
>kill off Warmachine and Tony so his box nood mary sue looks better by comparison
>Shoves his self inset Miles into every book in the spotlight, constantly trying to usurp Peter
>makes huge event after huge event, but they all have 0 substance and suck cock
>these same event tie into every book, which forces other writers to clean up after his messes
>the events are so bad they're killing Marvel's sales across the board

These are just some of the egregious things he's done lately

I'm just sick of the constant fucking events and hero vs. hero infighting. I guess they want to make people more "realistic and morally gray," but that's not why superhero comics exist.

>Nearly everything

C'mon user. It's time to stop this meme. The man writes a lot. He's bound to have some bad work but he puts out more good than bad.

I don't know what you expect from capeshit if you detest Bendis so much. Do you want everything to be "le Shakespearean epic!" like Jonathan Hickman's work?

Because they just don't care anymore.

>Bendis like usually I

>Daredevil and Frank can't even be assed to acknowledge the event

>if someone disagrees with me I can just call whatever they say a meme
1. Quit being such a huge faggot
2. What's some legitimately good work he's put out then? Why do you think its not possible for the quality of a person's work to decrease? And the quality of Bendis' work took a complete dive after the Death of Spider-man. Miles' ongoing has been consistently weak, AvX wasn't very good but nothing compared to the garbage that was Age of Ultron. His X-Men even was downright insulting.

Fuck off shill, we keep explaining why he's shit, and it's that instead of limiting his tripe to just his own shitty characters, he has to have his fingers in every book. His failures aren't limited to himself, and he doesn't care as long as he gets to do what he wants.

Also Guardians of the Galaxy. Like, whoa, what a fucking turd.

I like Miles, his Avengers work, X-Men, Fear Itself, his brief stint with Stark Iron Man, and others.

It sounds like you guys are more concerned with this made up meta drama in your head than the actual stories. I don't mind Kitty hooking up with Star Lord. I see it as just another chapter in their lives. You see it as Bendis shoving his waifu into it.

>Bendis has written good stuff

that was ten years ago user..

>It sounds like you guys are more concerned with this made up meta drama
Nigga at what point did I mention any meta drama? I don't nor have I ever given a shit about Kitty or Star Lord.

Oh you're not that other user

>I usually like Bendis
This is why we cant have nice things. You chose this shitty Marvel

Pretty sad that even the paid Marvel shills are admitting CW2 is one of the worst books ever published.

>I usually like Bendis but yeah this sucks
Stop that

>Characters literally fucked off to goddamn Ohio or fucking India to get away from civil war

I mean, jesus fuck, just have someone assassinate the guy the two are fighting over or something, it's not like any of the people involved are actually being reasonable.

>>Makes Kitty Pryde Starlord because "MUH WAIFU"
Don't forget having the GotG show up repeatedly (TWO FUCKING CROSSOVERS!) in X-Men ... because he was writing both books.

The Guardians have no reason to be involved in CW2. Fuck I think even Kitty pointed out how none of this makes sense

>made up drama
>everything being brought up actually has happened and is documented in comics

For fucks sake kid, the guy wrote HIMSELF into his own book to hit on Kitty Pride.

That's one of the many problems. Even though it was riddled with problems of its own, at least it other books seemed to care about it because it was affecting everyone.

I forgot to say I was talking about the original civil war

>The Guardians have no reason to be involved in CW2.
I was actually talking about Trial of Jean Gray and Black Vortex which came before (and were equally fucking pointless); but yes.

It wasn't any sort of surprise when they randomly showed up in CWII because that's just how Bendy bends.

>I usually like Bendis

>implying Ultimate Spider-Man was good past Clone Saga

Series was on shaky ground since Venom showed up. I can't fathom how people say it's superior to his other cape work like DD and Hellspawn