ITT: Times the critics got it wrong

ITT: Times the critics got it wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/5kgB7tc.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>literal whitewashing

Except Spanish people are white and Fassbender is German which is basically in the same area as Spain. It is a huge misconception that Hispanics are always supposed to be dark skinned. Landis is stupid.

In his defense, he admitted he was wrong. On the other hand, he hasn't killed himself for being such a public failure and embarrassment.

>In his defense, he admitted he was wrong.
Sauce?

Just when you think america's racial idea couldn't get any dumber.
"Why are Visolthic germanic people being played by whites? Everyone knows Spanish people look like shitskin mexican spics"

his avatar pic didnt already make it obvious?

>and Fassbender is German which is basically in the same area as Spain.
kek

i'm pretty sure this movie was bad, watched it and skipped over 75% of the movie it was so bland

Visigothic* goddamn phone.

i.imgur.com/5kgB7tc.png

>I didn't watch it but I think I can give my opinion on it.

>Except Spanish people are white
Love this meme.

Prove that they aren't.

Northern Spaniards are white since they were never conquered by the dirty moors.

Reactionaries, not even once

/thread

The critics were right. I hated this movie even though I've played every game in the main series.

I liked this movie

WHAT THE FUCK? I thought this was a beloved movie. Fuck the critics, that movie is amazing.

Is "white" the most meme term ever created?

my friend led a protest at my college because the main character wasnt mexican since this is spain showing its made by racist nazis, the lead isnt even jewish which kind of proves that my friend was right though desu

It took me 3 days to watch this movie and I still had to play a mobile game during the last act just to stay awake

an utter piece of shit, ubisoft dropped the ball on the AC story (which has lots of potential) twice

I've only played AC1 and I thought it was great. The cinematography was legit amazing. Only problem is it has a non-ending just like AC1.

These movies have such good posters. Why are TFA and TLJ's posters so shit in comparison?

>In his defense, he admitted he was wrong.
yes, but not before going on a funny rant

I agree, but probably not in the sense that you meant it.

Fuck I hate how I have to read twitter screencaps upside down. This site is such shit.

Because the suits and Jew Jew aren't in it for the artistic integrity, just nostalgia from braindead redditors who love OT.

What did user mean by this?

After all these dumb movies are done I hope George Lucas comes out of retirement to make a new Star Wars of his own. That would be nice.

Let's keep it ambiguous shall we, but it really should be obvious if you meant what I think you meant.

>Let's keep it ambiguous shall we, but it really should be obvious if you meant what I think you meant.

This line here reminds me about some article written by a guy who moved to Chicago from San Fran for a year or two, and as he left he wrote this thing giving his "hot take" on Chicago as he was leaving and in it when he talked about Chicago people he told this funny little story about trying to get his flirt on at a Chicago bar early on.

>super awesome SF guy spots a table with 3-4 chicks and no dudes
>buys himself a beer and walks over to the table like HI I'M [NAME] AND I JUST MOVED HERE FROM SAN FRANCISCO AND BOY THESE WINTERS SURE SUCK DON'T THEY??
>"uh [name] sorry but we're not interested"
>*stands up and picks up his drink*
>"YEAH WELL JUST SO YOU KNOW I DIDN'T WANNA FUCK ANY OF YOU ANYWAYS!!!!"
>dude notes how saying thatade the chicks seem legit bothered after he got up and left, like they couldn't believe he actually didn't want them

And of course he blamed it on Chicago for having different customs for meeting chicks at bars and rah rah rah, but holy shit if I was those chicks I'd probably be cracking the fuck up like "holy shit how gay is this guy? He *IS* from San Francisco, you know..."

How does that line remind you of that story? Why the fuck did you type that all out? Whyyyyy?

I just saw it in another thread and thought "You know what, this will make perfect copypasta because its tone is conversational enough that it will trick people into thinking I typed it out." So expect to see it a lot from here on out.

kek, they actually think that Spaniards look like Mexicans?

>So expect to see it a lot from here on out.
You bastard.

Yes. Maybe we should start a movement to regain our original heritage and insist people call us -American. I hate being referred too as this amorphous glob, white people supposedly having zero culture is the gayest lie of all.

This is so obvious that I'm not surprised that Sup Forums has somehow been too stupid to come up with it in all these years.

For example, I'm white, but I have direct Portuguese heritage so I could call myself Portuguese-American and feel very cultured.

That's literally all you have to do to end white erasure.

>mention of pole on a asscreed movie thread
*sigh*

It's my thread, I'll do whatever the fuck I want in it. Here's a picture of my waifu Kuroneko.

my nig! this movie is a classic to me. so many funny scenes

I remember enjoying it but it reminds me of Final Destination and those movies always scare me because they could happen in real life.

pic related

Is that Westworld?

the parts where hes in the machine running up the walls.

holy fuck talk about shitty

what where they thinking!

Probably the same thing your mother was thinking when she decided not to abort you.

I shit you not I've seem 15-20 films worse than The Circle this year. All probably had better reviews.

Great cinematography, and I can tell what they were going for with Fass's character arc but like the fucking games, they spend way too long on the modern day scenes. In contrast, the ones set in Spain felt so restrictive and hacked together. Instantly transitioning from the modern era to a fucking carriage chase is just nauseating.

Agreed. The Circle was no 10/10 Oscar-worthy flick, but it was an enjoyable enough film.

I guarantee the critics only went after it because it put forth the possibility that Google is not totally amazing. It made liberals look pretty creepy, too.

Maybe it's my nostalgia clouding my judgement, but I never thought it deserved the panning it got

>those copy-pasted robots and heads

I used to be so much better at ignoring critics and just enjoying films without worrying about what other people think.

I don't know what happened to me.

Threepio and Artoo look like that on every OT poster as well, that's just a tradition.

Which is ironic on many levels. The one film that some honesty to it is buried and typical oscarbait trash is lauded every year.

I'm convinced its mostly cognitive dissonance and tech twitter cucks not wanting to acknowlede their lives are fucked right now. Not amazing but a solid watch.

Wayans is annoying though. He's been good only in one movie.

Don't be a menace or Scary movie?

I liked him in Dungeons and Dragons

Modern movie posters generally suck. The art of poster making is not what it used to be,

>Dungeons and Dragons
The fuck? There's a movie?

*pastes itself on your wall*

I was thinking of Requiem for a Dream really. I forgot he was in Scary Movie as well. Dungeon's and Dragons wasn't really good in any level. Wayans acting in it seemed to reflect that he was aware of that.

Two actually. The second one is better.

>>>>>

That's what made it great, he went deep into the ham for it. I bet he's secretly a DnD nerd. A lot of drama nerds are.

Does this mean we can blame Mexicans for the Spanish Inquisition? Because it sounds like exactly what he means.
They'd never expect it either

>cut finger off right hand instead of left
>in the 1490s, centuries after altair had altered the blade design to no longer need a finger cut off
dropped, why is ubisoft so shit at keeping their lore consistent?

ok this aggravates my autism every single time someone posts about rotten tomatoes
no one seems to understand what the %/100 score means
all it means is that x% of critics enjoyed the movie
thats all
if 100 percent of critics decide that a film is just ok but they overall enjoyed it
that film will have a 100% score
but if a film is very good but is even a little divisive
it will get a lower score than the "just ok" film

its not specifically directed at you but ive heard people say shit like "it didnt deserve x%" when all that means is that x% of critics would say they enjoyed it when asked
rotten tomatoes is honestly a terrible way of judging the quality of a movie
not the fault of the app its just supposed to be a quick glance type of thing to decide which movie you should go see
but its become the end all be all for movie criticism
ive seen movies advertised based on rt score and its upsetting

I agree that people are stupid about this, but you can't blame them when even the media treats RT scores like they're the average rating of the film. I hate how obsessive the media is about RT.

thats what im saying
ive seen trailers for recently released movies and they say shit like "ITS GOT A 93% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES WOW" in the trailer and it pisses me off

>ansel elgort
Pardon?

My wife loved the movie and I thought it was pretty decent. I played the first two Ass creed games (well, five of them since 2 had like 3 sequels) and I think they did a lot of thing alright, and carried it well on the big screen.

>first truly good video game movie
>people still say it's bad because of the "all video game movies are bad" meme

kek panning

there are some really cheesy parts but it's a good movie

Speaking of panning, how's the one with Hugh Jackman? I've been thinking of watching it because I love Hugh Jackman.

i haven't seen it aside from the weird nirvana sequence

90% of critics love capeshit regularly and 45% of critics give capeshit 8 9 or 10/19

Critics are shit

10/19, what a weird scale.

the only correct answer

And where is your source for these statistics?

10/10
Capeshit getting 90% plus positive reviews with an ex of a 7.8 rating means half of the positive reviews (45% of critics gave it above a 7.8 so an 8 9 or 10)

>the Nice Guys are trash
Cmon on now, nobody could actually think that. Although the rest are admittedly either straight garbage or overrated. .

I guarantee you if they'd cast anyone but Jennifer Lawrence this film would have been a huge success.

>the mummy
>55%
What exactly is there to dislike about that movie? As far as action adventures go, its probably the best we've got since Indiana Jones.

Him being a whitey wasn't the problem. It being an unholy bore was.

Otherwise, I agree with Max. No-one with jew blood should be able to play a white person or culturally christian from now on.

why are the most fervent SJWs such massive racists themselves, either against whites or by babying "lesser" races because they can't possibly know any better

she's just too off putting at this point. They needed a better more likable actress. The movie as it is way more enjoyable then the Critic score indicates.

Had some problems, was pretty disjointed but still a solid action movie.. JW 2 got 90%, it wasn't bad but was a boring, uncreative sequel.

Accountant was actually successful enough that it's getting a sequel so there's that.

And yeah, I wanted to like JW2 a bit more than I did. The Italian guy was so fucking annoying. Who is that actor? I hope I never have to see him in anything again.

amerishart

@88543871
Thanks for the (You)

Season 9 Episode 1 of Curb. It was utterly terrible and unironically included poop humour.

>@
only trips could've redeemed this post

>Except Spanish people are white

lol

"no"

you are an amorphous glob though, americans are nothing like any particular european nation, just an amalgam of everything with a bunch of african jewish and asian thrown in for good measure

>American
>culture

Pick 1

Also you're not white, American.

i hate how sjws have literally ruined everything entertaining about everything