Do you care? Me neither.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4606107/wonder-woman-breaks-through/
youtube.com/watch?v=8grmBaLsV9Y
screenrant.com/wonder-woman-solo-film-tone-dark-gal-gadot/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Then why post you utter faggot?

I am a bigger faggot for replying.

Yeah thats certainly.....a Wonder Woman set pic. Christ I wish I could be excited for this shit. WHY IS IT A FUCKING PERIOD PIECE OF WORLD WAR FUCKING ONE!? This isnt so much an origin movie, more of a explanation as to why she sat on her ass for a century

Looks good but I don't want to get my hopes up for another DCEU movie. Three times I was excited for their movies and three times I was left disappointed.

Gonna wait for a torrent this time.

Those MoS trailers still hurt.

Perhaps the most beautiful shot of Gal's Wonder Woman. Regal, elegant, anf powerful at the same time. In the meantime Marvel can suck the "yaas queen" lesbian dick.

>c-can't I just...keep pretending that I'm your son?
>...you are my son.

why did they have to ruin it by making pa kent an asshole
why whyyyyyy

>scene that was on CW special
>scene that had pics previously release
>new pic has nothing to add

yeah, whatever

you cared enough to post.

>having such a fivehead you need to wear your tiara upside down.

From the visionary trailer director Zack Snyder

>there will be no tiara throwing in the movie

To be fair, when was the last time she did that?

DC makes some damn good trailers they just fuck it up by releasing the actual movie afterwards

>WHY IS IT A FUCKING PERIOD PIECE OF WORLD WAR FUCKING ONE!

Whats wrong with WW1? The whole origin of WW is her going out into mans world to bring some order. What better time than WW1?

I'm not seeing it. I'm sure it will be either slightly mediocre, over-hyped for empowering womanistic views, or just boring and bad.

This movie HAS to be great. Not good, but GREAT. If it's underwhelming, no one will care about Justice League.

In fact, Justice League has less hype than Batman v. Superman.

The DCEU maybe will get better at time, but it will never be truly "successful" like it needs (and supposed) to be. No one will be satisfied fully. At all. The most these films will make on RT will probably be 70% if lucky, "The Batman" being the only one with a fighting chance on getting some game together.

Even if it does make money, no one on Sup Forums will like it. Me included. I don't want to like it, even if it's good, because what everyone was promised was a universe of grandness, character-accuracy, and great story-telling that'd lead to them being timeless.

Instead, we have Ben Affleck looking sullen as a meme while Marvel makes cash without trying anymore.

It's all broken man.

Someone. Hold me. Please.

ive hated how that thing looks since BvS

Because WW was originally a WW2 propaganda piece and many, MANY parts of her character reflect that. America didn't really have all that much to do with WW1.
Taking that away and you have... well no one really gives a shit.

>I don't want to like it, even if it's good

This sums everything up pretty nicely. This was the attitude you people have had since Man of Steel. Nothing will satisfy you becsuse you didn't want to enjoy it. Even though we got what you wanted.

Feels more like LOTR

If he controls the narrative then it prevents another person from making a thread that sounds positive. A fairly interesting tactic, I'd say. Maybe more companies will try to do this against rival companies now.

1.8k people according to facebook op

I still want to know how Gadot jewed her way into the DCEU while being one of the worst women you can cast as WW.

Thisand WW1 was a clusterfuck all around.

>originally a WW2 propaganda piece
Is that how you see the current interpretation of WW?

>You people
If anything, I appreciate MoS even more after the train wreck that was BvS and SS

Probably by being the best woman for the job. The others who auditioned didn't try hard enough. Sorry bud, that's just how it works.

only?

>What better time than WW1?

WW2, like she was intended?

And it's a just depressing setting.

That isn't entirely impossible to overcome. WWII is able to have a sense of glory and humor to it concerning Hitler as the clear bad guy. Even Vietnam iconography can seem cool when put into a pulp context like with Predator, Rambo, Forrest Gump and a lot of music that came around that time.

But I don't think fucking Patty Jenkins is a visionary that is capable of doing that. Zack Snyder certainly couldn't with the WWI shit in Sucker Punch. And he's writing the story for this movie...

You're right, she does look great in this one! I wonder if it's because you can't see her skeleton body or because you can barely make out her face in the image?

is that not much for fb?

You must be the most naive person to post on this site

Look, I could be wrong and it may be great, however, I choose to not support it because I'm sick of being let down, I don't want to give them my money, and ultiamtely, why would I care if we get one good Wonder Woman movie when the rest of the DCEU will probably let us down?

I don't think people really recognize how bad this is.

We haven't had an agreeably "good" DC movie at all. Successful? Maybe, but not critically well-received by the majority.

All I'm saying is why would I join the DCEU boat now when one movie out of the rest is good?

Man of Steel is hated
Batman v. Superman (while some like it) is considered awful by the majority of critics and fans
Suicide Squad was meme-tier garbage that made good money, but still sucked and let people down.

If WOnder Woman is good, great, but I'm sick of this Universe. I don't care for it. It's too late to persuade me, and I'm not going to like it. It's as simple as that. Appreciate that it's well done? Sure, but I won't support it by going to the theater.

There is nothing wrong with this.

No.

Its a valid opinion, I agree.

capeshitters

>There is nothing wrong with this.
Except your entire frame of thinking is what other people think, and what other movies do. Everything except how YOU like THIS movie.

Look at your post. You bring up how other people didn't like x or y movie, you even care that, collectively, we can't agree on a movie we like. Are you so insecure that you can't form your own independent opinions? You need others to formulate your taste for you?

Who care? The important thing is if you like this movie.

>Do you care?
I do. But I've already seen this still. :^)

Nice retort. So what's your conspiracy theory then? Did she use her mind-control ray to force them to hire her?

>I don't want to give them my money, and ultiamtely, why would I care if we get one good Wonder Woman movie when the rest of the DCEU will probably let us down?
If you believe that the others weren't as good (for some reason) and that somehow Wonder Woman was better, then wouldn't you want to send a message that they should make their movies more like this one? Shouldn't you at least wait until it comes out instead of mindlessly bashing it like the rest of them?

I think it is pretty obvious that he doesn't want a good movie out of a shit universe, because it will bring it down anyway, and would rather not support - forcing them to start again and better.

Looks like a valid position.

To be fair, the user has a right to be skeptical. The entire DCEU has been a fucking disaster so why should this one be any different? Its his money, and he can choose not to support it if he so wishes. I think a fair mindset for this movie is to be cautious. If its up to par, then maybe its 2nd week will be better. Though as a reminder this movie is sandwiched between a shitton of releases

IMO the DCEU has been great, so I'm wondering what will happen if it's a mediocre film that gets ridiculously high reviews? "RT doesn't count anymore"? Anyone who's been bashing the DCEU for bad RT would have to watch the movie in theaters.

>The U.N.’s press officers set up a ceremony in October at the organization’s New York City headquarters to honor the comic-book character as well as Gal Gadot, the Israeli actor who played her in 2016’s Batman v Superman and will reprise the role this summer.

>to honor the comic-book character as well as Gal Gadot

Why is the media giving so much attention to her? This is a lie.

time.com/4606107/wonder-woman-breaks-through/

That's the thing though. I don't. I don't like the movies, I try to, but I can't. I'm open-minded. I know saying that is redundant seeing as how I said "I don't want to like it even if it's good", but I am interested in new interpretations, and all that.

But these interpretations aren't well down nor thought-out. It's all rushed, the writing is far too basic than what I was promised, and I'm sick of being let down.

I would if I cared about the universe. But I don't. It's not interesting, and it's lost me. ANd mindlessly bashing? No. I'm stating my opinion. I respect people that stand their ground on why they like the DCEU. Really, I think it's great. But even if I like one movie out of the rest, it still isn't from the universe I feel like WB promised us. I would instead prefer /another/ Wonder Woman movie in a more suitable Cinematic universe.

This is exactly how I feel. If a Wonder Woman movie is good, great, but I don't care. It's already set in a universe I dislike, and though they can change it a little to be more fitting, it's too late to get me back on that ship.

It's like Jurassic World. I didn't want to see it, because the original movie ended for me in the first film, and seeing as it looked disappointing as was clearly trying to cash in as much money as it could, I didn't see it. Same goes for most Marvel films. I'm tired of being disappointed by a product, so I refuse to give them my money.

Because it feels too much like trying to copy The First Avenger while changing the details.

"No, see, she isn't in World War Two fighting the Germans. This isn't that kind of movie. We are original. She is in World War ONE fighting the Germans!"

The fact that she has a circular shield isn't doing her any favors either. Its too easy to point to it as another overlap with a movie that by all rights she should have nothing to do with.

The worst part is that conceptually I feel like the movie could be good, but by god are they seemingly doing everything they can to give me the impression that this is a phoned-in wannabee Captain America.

The problem is more complex than that.
"wait till it comes out, see it, think for yourself" ends with WB still getting money even if you go in with an open mind, willing to be convinced, and end up hating it.

WB doesn't actually care if people like these movies. They care if people buy tickets to them. And even though I hated Man of Steel, they got my money for that. So everything that follows it is partially (an infinitesimally small part, but still) my fault.

So the only smart thing to do is pirate it, even if you think it MIGHT be good, because as soon as money changes hands you've voted for it.

IT'S WW1 BECAUSE SNYDER THINKS IT'S COOL

There's no deep meaning here

So what have we learned today?

If you're sick of the DCEU, don't even pay to see it.

If you aren't, go pay to see it.

Because either way, the jews win.

You care enough to share.

I don't know...But when she dances as Wonder Woman, she wakes my primal instincts.

youtube.com/watch?v=8grmBaLsV9Y

>The problem is more complex than that.
>"wait till it comes out, see it, think for yourself" ends with WB still getting money
Whoa whoa, I would never advocate going in blind. Your best bet is to download a camrip, skip to a bunch of random scenes (or just see the first 10-15ish minutes) and see if you like the style. There are ways to find out about the movie without just going to the theater. You CAN use critics, but it's like trying to get to the truth by using mainstream media. You have to have decent discerning capabilities. But right now it's too early to judge.

>mfw sharing is caring

How could I have been so blind?

Congratz you're the 4th smartass to say this in the thread

Fucked Ben Affleck.

Pandering garbage. Same thing the Suicide Squad cast did and that movie was a turd.

Because posting on an anonymous kiwi taxidermy image board requires any level of effort

Not everyone knows how to get camrips, user, nor wants to. Sometimes people just want to go in and watch a movie with the knowledge that it should do its job as entertainment well whilst delivering to the audience.

Honestly?

I'd welcome this Wonder Woman anyway.

I think this is the only chance for Wonder Woman to star being taken seriously in the comics. If the normes like this movie and Chris Pines portrayal in it this might wake DC the fuck up to the potential of Wonder Woman and specially Steve Trevor as a character.

Seriously, Wonder Woman need this movie. DC is constantly fucking with the character in the comics. This movie might change that.

>the knowledge that it should do its job as entertainment well whilst delivering to the audience.
How will you get that information? Trailers? Critics? Friends? I personally think that the DCEU trailers are a good indication for their quality, but many disagree. Critics are a mess that only push political agendas and feelings. Friends have different tastes. So what's left?

What mean is that think about it this way: you go to a movie and expect it to be good, right? Whatever happened to that? Nowadays it's impossible. I think movies are at a bad state right now, and needs to seriously be fixed.

I shouldn't have to worry if a film about such a great character will be trash. I should know that they did damn well.

It's almost like you don't read comics.

Rucka is forcing Steve so much I'm even starting to dislike it.

Just a friendly reminder, Time magazine recently admitted they were less influential than the Pepe frog meme (and thus less influential than the rest of Sup Forums). When will people learn not to pay any attention to the old media anymore? A media which itself is unaware of its own biases?

I read comics. That's what i'm saying. I hate Greg Rucka's Steve Trevor. I hate his Wonder Woman. I dislike his run.

So i'm hoping that this movie will change that. I'm hoping this movie will influence editors and writers on how to portray these characters, that they should be taken with respect, that there's potential in them.

Greg Rucka's Steve Trevor looks like a fucking Ken doll. Chris Pines usually portray charming and roguish daredevils, which is perfect for golden and silver age Steve Trevor.

>"Gadot thinks the bigger challenge was proving the character could exude both force and compassion, characteristics often held in opposition. “We knew it was tricky. We wanted to find the balance between portraying her as confident and strong and feminine and warm,” she says. “I didn’t want her to be a ball buster. I didn’t want her to be bossy. You can be powerful and also loving.”"

If what this says is true, than the movie will have a better characterization of Wonder Woman than pretty much anything done with her recently.

>believing anything they say

whoops, it was this one I wanted to post

They also said previously that "remaining hopeful and optimistic at the end of the day" is the real win for her (I'm paraphrasing)

And then Diane Nelson said she doesn't fight for the thrill of the battle, when it's literally their entire reasoning for the "smile to Doomsday" scene.

>They also said previously that "remaining hopeful and optimistic at the end of the day" is the real win for her (I'm paraphrasing)

We know that Batman's gift to Wonder Woman, which is the original photo of her and Steve Trevor together, frames the entire movie.

So maybe the movie end in a depressing way during the flashback, but after transitioning to the modern time Wonder Woman reflects about the picture, her time with Steve (maybe he said something cheese about holding out hope) back then, her mission with Batman now influenced by Superman's sacrifice and decided with a newfound hope and determination that she was silly in giving up hope before. Thus the movie ends in a optimistic light.

What do you think? That could work in my mind.

>They also said previously that "remaining hopeful and optimistic at the end of the day" is the real win for her
I remember that line. That was when they lost me because it was clear they didn't even know what they were doing. Like literally her entire presence in BvS hinges on her NOT remaining hopeful and optimistic at the end of the day.

The movie is a flashback. Maybe it ends with her hopeful once again.

Or else her aligning herself with Batman in JL makes no sense. She doesn't need his money and he's kinda of ass for her to hang around just because.

>if she becomes hopeful again after 100 years it's the same thing as if she remained that way

I really don't doubt that's their reasoning

Yeah, i also that's their take as well.

She'll look at the picture at the beginning of the movie and get super emotional and nostalgic about finally being able to hold that picture that means so much for her, then thanks to her recollection the movie will begin to take place in the past.

She'll turn the cynical, battle-hardened and cheeky Steve Trevor into a hopeful man again, but thanks to all the carnage and drama she herself will lose her optimism. Steve Trevor will probably die in a super emotional scene telling his angel to not to cry and keep on believin', but instead she will turn angry and bitter in her grief during the final showdown with the big baddie that manufactured Trevor's death. Then we will have some quick scenes showing how she lived all these years consumed by grief and then we're back to the modern age with Wonder Woman crying and remembering Trevor's beautiful words to her. How could she be so silly to ever doubt him. Of course there's still hope. There will always be hope. Trevor will always be with her.

Then she calls Batman saying she will help him track the other meta-humans and the movie ends.

>believing anything you say

>The movie is a flashback.

What did he mean by this?

And Gal Gadot says:

Gal Gadot: Wonder Woman Still ‘Pretty Dark’

screenrant.com/wonder-woman-solo-film-tone-dark-gal-gadot/

And Snnyder say that he made her armor darker than red because of "the blood of her enemies".

>he made her armor darker than red because of "the blood of her enemies".
Cool!

They don't know what they want this movie to be.

Suicide Squad 2.0

Hehe, just like SuckerPunch!

LEL epic XD

>it's going to be the best capekino of all time guys!

>you're not allowed to like things
>you need to enjoy only mature and sophisticated comic book adaptations, such as the Marvel Quiptastic Universe

>you need to enjoy only mature and sophisticated comic book adaptations

That's exactly the kind of thing DCEUfags say

>how you DARE not like SuckerPunch?? Its a Hack Snyder movie!

>one bad thing means incapable of ever making anything good
I guess you're not allowed to like anything made by anyone.

I actually agee with your synopsis and I think it's going to lead to a whole trainwreck of reception because you'd end up having Wonder Woman's character development hinging entirely on the existence of various men and that's not going to go over well with a huge part of the audience that's going to see this thing in the first place.

Plenty of bad things actualy.

Pretty bad track record, even more when he Sucker Punch described it as his "ideal movie if I was a teenager" and was his only actual creation on his entire carreer.

Gadot said she didn't want Wonder Woman to be BOSSY (trigger word) and that feminism isn't about burning bras.

Also Patty saying she wanted Wonder Woman to say things male heroes say all the time.

I never doubted the feminist crowd would trash the movie, but I'm certain now

>I think it's going to lead to a whole trainwreck of reception because you'd end up having Wonder Woman's character development hinging entirely on the existence of various men and that's not going to go over well with a huge part of the audience that's going to see this thing in the first place.

Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure this will happen.

People are expecting an empowered and independent protagonist and even a LGBT protagonist, but the movie has been said to be primary a romance story between Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor.

If they include a sex scene where a shy and scared Wonder Woman is deflowered by Trevor inside a secluded barn over a pile of hays, you can bet your ass that critics and SJWs will complain to no end.

>"In my world they call that slavery."

"In my world, it means hope."

Kino???

What about Batman's world then?

In my world it means rape

I fucking knew it, but it still gave me a chuckle.

I don't care because I hate that they gave her an accent.

The only way this movie will be good is if they reveal that Ares is doing some fucking rage shit that drives WW1. But they fucking won't because "muh realism."

Movie looks good.Its a story about feminists getting good dickings, whats the problem

i hate marvel