Obscure Favorites

What obscure/mostly forgotten characters do you wish would reappear?

Pic related. I love Doctor Mid-Nite. I wish he had an ongoing series.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comic_Book_Characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I started liking him after he was in a Martian Manhunter book. In that book he was a psychologist or something like that and I thought that was cool/interesting.

Isn't he public domain?

Need more Captain

Basically anyone that's been on the JSA, but the Hourman mythos really grew on me. Really liked the arc when Rick was dying and switched places with his dad in the final hour (whatever it was called). So, Rex, unable to figure out a way to save his son, goes on a shit kicking crusade instead of dealing with his emotions.

This guy, JLD sucking initially in New 52 was so depressing but his mini was fun, now seeing the JLD animated movie, I'm pretty hype. Deadman has been popping the last few years.

His fun glory days are over, aren't they?

RIP Matthew Tyler

Anyone from Mieville's Dial H run

Wasn't he getting brought back post rebirth?

This guy seems like an awesome character. Any thoughts on where to get started with him?

The JSA is so underrated. I wish they were a bigger player in the DC universe.

From a quick Google search.

yeah, he's in the blue beetle ongoing right now as the new kid's mentor and patron

He was in a few issues of Nova right?

I miss you jamie

On the bright side, he was thousands of years old.

Not the same. unless they come up with some contrived reason or retool him as a different hero, He's not going to be doing any goofy adventures with b-string heroes.

I know he showed up in the beginning of All-Star Batman, but I just want a mini of a single father helping criminals get away from Batman.

wearing a costume inspired by his daughter's drawing

Same, Mid-Nite is great.

Also Ragman is my dude

I just read Day of Vengeance and thought he was really interesting. Hadn't seen him in anything before. About to start Shadowpact now.

He was in The Marvels Project which ran in 2009 and 2010 so I don't think so.

he also appeared in sugar and spike

amethyst (with ernie colon doing the art)

My sweet junk-man.

anybody got a list of public domain characters? as a comic maker it would be a good way to garner a audience

You all have excellent taste.

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comic_Book_Characters

Why were there so many character's whose first name was Ace?

Generic cool guy name, probably.

>it's CLANKING time!
>no, cliff, no!

This guy was fun.

Just the one, but what an appearance it was.

>We will never get a new Dial H series under Young Animal that follows a new set of protagonists but links up with the New 52 Dialers
Feels bad, man.

She was only in one scene in Civil War where she and a bunch of unknown heroes/vigilantes where trying to evade Pro-Superhero Registration enforcement.

I want to poke his belly

I really would have loved if these two just buddied up for the rest of the run.
Just two loser superheros traveling around and trying to do some good amidst the chaotic clusterfuck that is the Marvel universe.

Gotta love the Invaders

It saddens me that we'll have Darkseid in the DC movies, but no Mister Miracle and Big Barda.

I'm torn between wanting her back and not wanting the current crop of shitty cosmic Marvel writers to get their hands on her. Just hand her to Al Ewing.

It makes me happy, because they won't get fucked up

I was just about to post him. Haven't read the follow up to the 90's miniseries. I really, really should, the Giffen mini was god tier

bump