he was like us, only successful

He had been enjoying a bit too much "vintage dated excellence"

action orson, please

NONE BEFORE ITS TIME

>ADVERT NOBODY DIRECTING ORSON WELLES

LUDICROUS!

Waaaahhhh the french....

... And green pea-ness

anyone got the Orson version of the Arnold pasta?

I went to film school and they were unironically analyzing his commercials and discussing their artistic excellence.

It is a sighn of extreme plebbiness to not be able to appreciate the Paul Mason era of Wells.

>He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

>so would we in his time

THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=dXpVA7IAH1o

I'm stupid. Can someone explain what he means here? I know it's about Woody Allen.

vintage dated excellence

youtube.com/watch?v=zP_T7WFqDPM

kino

Any explanation would just be a shittier version of Orson's words. Get smarter.

>>he doesn't know what it means

If he was alive today he would be shitposting here.

An indirect example:

you might have met the type in school, the cunt nerd who thinks he's smarter than everyone but still is a confrontation avoiding nerd who sniggers at wrong answers. Imagine that guy as a filmmaker only this time he portrays himself as weak (his actual weakness and faggotry). by showing the world his weak faggy self he cannot be judged for them - he is his characters. therefore it is "therapeutic" for him to put it out there for the world to see. He is a disgusting faggot though

>Let me tell you a story about George Jean Nathan, America’s great drama critic. Nathan was the tightest man who ever lived, even tighter than Charles Chaplin. And he lived for 40 years in the Hotel Royalton, which is across from the Algonquin. He never tipped anybody in the Royalton, not even when they brought the breakfast, and not at Christmastime. After about ten years of never getting tipped, the room-service waiter peed slightly in his tea. Everybody in New York knew it but him. The waiters hurried across the street and told the waiters at Algonquin, who were waiting to see when it would finally dawn on him what he was drinking! And as the years went by, there got to be more and more urine and less and less tea. And it was a great pleasure for us in the theater to look at a leading critic and know that he was full of piss. And I, with my own ears, heard him at the ‘21’ complaining, saying, “Why can’t I get tea here as good as it is at the Royalton?” That’s when I fell on the floor, you know.