You have been tasked by Nick to create a third Avatar series...

You have been tasked by Nick to create a third Avatar series. The rule is it must take place 80 years after Korra but other then that you are free to do what ever you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fanfiction.net/s/11096497/1/Avatar-The-Path-of-Shen
youtube.com/watch?v=A2Jxx1EMcJo
youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc&list=PLFB20B26835F16136
youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>80 years after korra
you mean modern times?
it might be a little to close to our time period

Well, since Korra brought things into the modern age faster than I'dve liked I'd have to bring ti even further

>protag is a fire bender
>bending is essentially a nearly lost art form
>guns and mass produced weapons are more commonplace
>government is more modern, and as such an illuminatti type circle has taken hold
>follow some poor schmuck being awoken as the avatar, and pitting him against his own country and the majority of the world to save them from thier shadow leaders

those would eb the main points i'd hit.

80 years later seems a bit soon for bending to be nearly lost and a Fire Avatar
that would mean the Earth Avatar and Korra both died extremely young

Korra tripped on a rock and died.

Batman, but ghost Korra is a really shitty Alfred.

Given that the Earth avatar is going to only have Korra as a guide I'd be stunned if he/she makes it to 30.

Asami's experiments with electrodildonics went terribly and fatally awry.

Well I mean yeah, if you're going for modern times, you could have the previous avatar earth bender being assassinated due to shadow gov.

Said avatar would basically be the guy new guy could never hope to be. Think of him like John Lennon of Ghandi, or her, doesn't really matter. the gender, just that they died preaching peace. Also Korra is awful, she'd be doing us a favor if she died quick.

Again, this is dealing with the cards op and Korra dealt. I gotta say, Korra handled a lot of thigns extremely poorly and kinda shit in the soup for any writers who came after.

I don't think there's ever gonna be a third avatar.

Earth avatar would definitely been smothered in its' cradle.

Korra fucked up so bad that society collapsed and the world reverted to a low-tech, Asian civilization just like ATLA.
Because every idea I have ever read about a modern Avatar setting has been tired, boring bullshit.
>b-but muh lightningbenders hacking microchips
>b-but muh earthbenders in space bending meteors
>b-but muh Avatar coming to terms with being useless in a high tech world
Fuck off

I want a full future cyberpunk tokyoesque avatar

Having advance non mental machines can even things out for non benders

The Avatar's the bad guy.

After Kora's fuck up with the whole spirit realm thing the next one had to really put his boot down and usher in an age of controlled peace.

cue rebel resistance

>80 years after Korra the world is mostly at peace
>Spirits integrated and the majority of the former Earth kingdom has embraced democracy.
>One large segment of the earth kingdom remained under control of Earth Empire diehards
>They keep an iron grip on their territory by employing the techniques of the Dai Li, brainwashing and the like. Few are allowed in or out.
>The story begins around fifteen years after Korra has died
>Despite the best efforts of the White Lotus the new Earth Avatar has not been found. It is feared they were born in Earth Empire territory.
>The new series follows a team of White Lotus members who infiltrate the Earth Empire in order to find and extract the new avatar before they can be used to destabilize the fragile peace of the world.

Sup Forums already did this.

All they need to do is make a series on the past Avatars themselves in vignettes. Wan in the war, Kuruk and Koh stealing his wife's face, maybe Yangchen with spirit stuff or Kiyoshi, and have the finale episodes be about the Avatar after Korra in the modern age.

>80 years after Kora
>Technology is getting better but for the most party is similar to LoK except TVs have been released and getting popular
>Spirits are adjusting to the world while humanity is trying to adjust to having them in their world
>Part of Republic City are now known as the Spirit District where intelligent spirits try to imitate humans by having housing and little rarity shops (basically China town)
>Bending isn't relied on as much anymore; mostly used for sport and select work
>New Earth avatar is basically a celebrity who just kinda goes from city to city and has a small hand in politics as a peace symbol
>Only problem is the avatar can only bend 2 elements but that fact is hidden from public
>Has a twin brother who he has a shitty relationship with because the younger sibling got tired of living in the shadows
>Cue the big bad...whatever the fuck you want it to be
>Twin is kidnapped by mistake because the opposing group thinks he's the avatar
>Finds out he can't bend and they snagged the wrong sibling; hold him for ransom
>While in their custody, something happens where he ends up uncovering that he can bend the other 2 elements
>Is super unstable with bending due to lack of training
>Rest of the story is about the 2 brothers repairing and strengthening their bond while mastering their elements to go take down the big bad together

Twins shit reminds me of The Black Prism by Brent Weeks, but the rest is good

Can't have guns. Series wouldn't work.

fuck yeah

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see a modern or scifi avatar?

>80 years later
>16 years ago, the red lotus bombed many major cities with spirit matter weapons, killing millions including avatar korra
>The weakened barrier between the spirit world and the physical world has caused strange effects, and electricity no longer functions in most habitable areas, forcing technology back to the steam era
>because of the nature of the spirit weapons, and the fact that no avatar has appeared, people wonder if the weapons overrode the avatar cycle
>somewhere in the earth kingdom, a child was born with the ability to bend plants

Cyberpunk dystopia. The Avatar isn't the main character, instead being the main antagonist as an enforcer for the Lotus Cooperative, a group formed to provide balance between the different corporations that hold power. Main characters are a group of freedom fighters attempting to take down the corporations and with a goal to kill the Avatar so that it can't be used as a tool for evil, at least not for a while. End penultimate episode of the first season reveals that the "Avatar" was a fake with bending simulated by technology and the real Avatar was hidden away somewhere and unaware of the true state the world is in. The real one joins the main cast in the finale.

I just finished reading The Fifth Season so I am stealing heavily.

>Korra dead
>Next Avatar comes from Earth Nation (now many different countries)
>Villain is an IMMENSELY POWERFUL Earthbender. Even in the Avatar State they can't beat him using Earthbending, they have to use all 4 elements.
>Season 1 ends with the heroes breaking into the villain's base and accidentally killing the villains spouse and young child.
>Villain goes berserk and reaches into the deepest pits of the earth and......breaks it.
>MASSIVE FUCKING EARTHQUAKE
>Volcano's go off everywhere including a Super Volcano, tsunami's from the earthquake are causing chaos
>ash starts falling....and doesn't stop, its a volcanic winter and nobody knows how long it will last
>Season 2
>Post-Apocalyptic Avatar
>Is the villain dead?
>Do people blame the Avatar? Earthbenders? All benders? for not being able to stop the disasters.
>Damage is so severe even the Avatar is incapable of fixing it....for now.

I like the idea of the Avatar being the BBEG.

I thought about this so much.

>Korra eventually came back from the spirit word and became a trainer for probenders
>The world didn't need an avatar for a very long time.
>A war broke out between nations
>Instead of nation divided by element the nations have benders and non-benders of all kinds
>What started the war was the search for the avatar
>Some nations wanted peace while others wanted world domination
>Many fake avatars popped up and became popular as actors
>One real avatar was killed without learning bending
>In the confusion the avatar real or fake became a taboo

Change it to the Avatar not knowing if they set off the disaster or the bad guy.

I'd keep the "modern" element minimal, as well as the political element. I'd introduce the idea that the "nations" are basically all one, and the Avatar is essentially in a Dragon Warrior role, in that he protects the world from the threats bigger than themselves.
I'd have the Avatar young, but already in his role. He's endorsed by the government, but left to his own devices and respected. The show would follow him all the way up to old age, each season passing multiple years.
As far as villains, I would still utilize the idea of multiple main villains as opposed to an Ozai character. However, unlike Korra, I wouldn't blow my load on each villain or do a million twists. The show's best foes have been straightforward but still full of personality (Zhao, Azusa, Zaheer).

part 2

>Four benders work together as fake avatar performers
>Three hide and use their bending together to convince people that one member is the avatar
>At night they rob people blind because they are bandits
>The water bender however is unusually acrobatic as if they are using airbending
>The water bender is the real avatar but doesn't know
>Multiple nations are looking for the avatar performer thinking it could be the real thing
>The group is also known as the avatar bandits, because the group is known to attack any place the avatar goes

>80 years after Korra

Fuck your shit. If I was going to revive the series I would make a prequel based on the established lore instead of some edgy modern shit. Maybe focus on Roku or Kyoshi. There are hundreds of potential stories to tell.

This. Yang Chen or some shit, or even better, Korra dies not from old age but from being murdered a few years after Book 4 of TLoK. Fuck your shit OP, 100 year war series, past avatar series, or Korra dies by first gun series. 80 years is dumb as fuck and we might as well go Neo Japan 2202 or Ghost in the Shell.

>18 years after Korra's death (bitch died young from poison fucking up her body)
>Spirits roam the world, occasionally go berserk, but are calmed by Water Tribe spiritualists trying to make amends for Unalaq
>most crisis' averted by intervention of New Air Nation
>with most problems taken care of, humanity enters a peaceful age
>at some point people figure, "Who needs an Avatar? It's unnecessary with all of humanity living in peace."
>Avatar awakens in young Earth Kingdom boy sometime during this
>only his non bender older brother knows
>begs him not to tell, due to anti-Avatar stance people seem to be taking
>older brother takes it upon himself to take short journeys throughout Earth Kingdom to find bending scrolls, history books, even get practical lessons and demonstrations, just to take the knowledge home and train the Avatar throughout his childhood
>He effortlessly picks it up, older brother believes Korra is responsible, being the only Avatar still connected to the cycle
>Earth Avatar admits that he's tries to enter the Avatar state and talk to Korra but cannot
>assumes Korra is ashamed of him because he is scared to reveal himself as the Avatar
>he and his brother decide to try and (hopefully) reconnect the lost Avatars to the cycle by traveling to places of their significance
>mother leaves to Ba Sing Se for medical treatment, leaves them in care of their homeschooling teacher, who they trick with a message from their father in order to run away from home

The show is basically exploring some history behind the cycle, showing different aspects of the lives of the different Avatars, putting some in darker tones since, for the most part, there were no consequences to any misdeeds of their actions. Meanwhile the Earth Avatar is practicing his Bending and learning to make it stronger through emotion and effort. His only methods of practicing before the story had been secondhand advice and studies from his brother, as well as using it against him (his brother practiced and mastered non-bending combat to help the Avatar). Older brother believes he should embrace his destiny and announce to the world his return, while the Avatar is content to simply learn about his past and stay under the radar.

As for the story, at some point the brothers are confronted by a group they assume is the Red Lotus, but is a splinter group from both Red and White that believes the world has achieved balance and, working within principles from both groups, has resolved to end the Avatar cycle. One member receives word of the Avatar's late awakening through secondhand word from Jinora who senses it, and begins to hunt for the Avatar. The Earth Avatar begins to reconnect with the past, and learns to not be such a pussy while embracing what it means to have so much power and use it to actually help others instead of living in fear of the pressure.

A third series would absolutely have to take place in some sort of dystopia. Republic City is gone. Poverty, crime and corruption have stricken the nations and the tech seen in the first two series is by and large gone. Advanced bending techniques: blood-bending, lightning, lava, metal, flight - all gone. The Avatar (preferably fire) is significantly nerfed (he does know all 4 elements, however). He travels the world attempting to rebuild the it and reaffirm the power of the four nation's governments, but an antagonist non-bender spreads a campaign against the avatar and the traditions of the old world and as a result the nations dissolve, and the world becomes unified under one peaceful empire.

The catch is, of course, the Antagonist uses this solution to shatter an already weak hold on the spirituality in the world. As a result, bending of the elements is lost to all except the Avatar and the people he/she directly encountered and saved/helped along the journey. This new world order crosses massive moral lines in order to "fix" the scarred world, the spirits up and leave the world again, and the unified empire collapses under its own weight and the world is thrown into non-bender violence and destruction akin to the days of Wan.

The conflict is resolved when the Avatar assembles and poorly trains a resistance of the benders he met, saved or helped up until this point. They go against the NWO's army, lose horribly (because all of their bending is weak), until the Avatar reconnects with the past lives lost in Korra, becoming the bridge once again between the spirit world and the human world. The resistance's bending is buffed back to normal, the Avatar goes into the proper Avatar State and the NWO is defeated. The original traditions of the first series are revived, the three nations and the air nomads return to the status quo, and the resistance along with the Avatar travel across the earth spreading bending and its cultures, even to genetically "nonbenders".

How about we go like 300 years into the future and make it a cyberpunk? Actually, let's just make a Shadowrun adaptation instead.

The first avatar series where the action takes place immediately after the avatar dies we have been over this

Fuck your rules, Korra dies instantly after Book 4. World celebrates international IQ rise and promptly forget about worst Avatar.

Yes, and it was terrible. I would know, I tried helping with it, but nobody knew how to cut out unimportant shit and everybody kept shoehorning in new stuff that had to express purpose to be there.

Not him but is there anywhere I can read that stuff? Just want to see the final product.

>80 years after Korra
>Korra has been missing for 17 years and no new Avatar has appeared in the Earth Kingdom
>Some presume Korra is still alive while others believe the Avatar line has ended
>In the Avatar's absence the former Earth Kingdom has balkanized into a dozen new states and led to the formation of two power blocs
>In the east is the Union of Earth States with its power center located in Ba Sing Se while in the west is the United Republic of Nations with its power center in Republic City
>The two powers are not at war, but there is tension as there are ideological divides between the two
>Technologically the world has progressed to around the 40s or 50s and is somewhat more crude than ours but also has things like a submerged aricraft carrier
>The Avatar is an earthbender who grew up in Ba Sing Se
>Never discovered his bending powers as he is not very strong willed or determined
>As the series begins the world situation is getting more tense, the Union is having difficulty controlling its territories and blames the United Republic for it
>In the turmoil generals and admirals become warlords and feud for power and control
>The Avatar's brother gets kidnapped by a group that forcibly conscripts young earthbenders into one of the warlord armies
>As the Avatar tries to rescue his brother he discovers his powers when in a situation of apparent helplessness he suddenly firebends in the heat of the moment
>The rescue fails but the Avatar does not give up as a embarks upon his quest with the knowledge of his new found powers
>Other's soon find out about it as well though
>Chief among them being the two main powers on the continent, the airbenders who serve as a sort of psuedo peacekeeping force, and Future Industries
>Future Industries is now a major international company who has in secret launched into space

Make it about tombs and raiding said tombs and archaeology with a rag tag bunch of benders and non-benders uncovering the mystery of the ancient tombs and shit. Throw in a Nathan Drake expy, an Indie Jones expy, and a Laura Croft expy into the mix for good measure and have it about dungeon crawling to figure out mysteries and all that jazz.

I'm more focus on the Avatar and Villain then the setting
>Earth Avatar, age 22,
>doesn't know he's the Avatar until like episode 7, during a raid gone wrong.
>He's a cop for Republic city
>Personality is a cross between Judge Dredd and Guts(obviously in a more child friendly package)
>He only has one arm, he often use a malleable metal as fake one(he prefers not to use it off the clock)

>80 years later
>korra dies being an insipid cunt.
>next avatar happens to hate benders
>mom got raped by fire bending mafia
>discovers his powers
>slowly begins to master his powers
>learns the inherant sruggles of benders
>begins to understand what motivates the benders.
>Learns about their pain
>compares to his own
>hates them even more
>decides to kill all benders
>decides to do it without avatar abilities.
>forms a group called the "jews"
>sends the jews to subvert several world governments.
>his plan: once the world is united under jewish control
>he will begin mass execution of the benders.
>let the games begin go- I mean boys

>Big villain is an air bender named hitler who subscribes to the ideology that benders should as a superior race be in effect the government.

>He was a failed art student

>He sees what the jews and are doing

>he doesnt know that the avatar is the founder of the jews.

>global wars, mass starvation and self destructive spirit realm migration policies constamtly pushed by the jews

From what I remember, some guys made a wiki, a tumblr page and a dropbox for all Legend of Shen material. Since I'm being a dirty phone-poster right now I can't provide links, but some Googling should yield decent results. But I must earn you, it never truly made it beyond 'proof of concept' stage, so there isn't really a finished product. Like all Sup Forums projects, interest died out and it became a chaotic circle-jerk about shipping and waifus.

I regret wasting my time on that project.

>hitler responds by attempting to create bender awareness groups and keeping his people militarized.

>the avatar notices the hitler groups gaining power.

>he decides to combat them by sending the jews on covert missions meant to take control of the mass media and educational systems.

>genderqueer Avatar
>but not main focus
>main focus instead on the Air Nation
>a PTSD ridden youngester goes mad
>it's up to other airbenders to prevent her from launching a terrorist attack on the FN

The jewish lotus...

>Series isn't about the avatar, it's about what happens in between avatars in the modern era
>5 seasons

Main characters
>Old almost deathbed Korra (season 1)
>General Iroh II's great grandson (Lee)
>Earth kingdom twins (1 a bender and 1 not)
>Airbender
>Korra's granddaughter

Season 1
>Korra decides that she has to form a team to serve as protectors instead of the her because she's old and useless and to help after she dies while the new one is trained because White Lotus are irrelevant
>First half of season is her gathering the team, choosing Iroh II's grandson as leader from the get go then adventures
>Threat to republic appears, korra's granddaughter turns up to help and joins team
>Big battle with new team
>Korra sacrifices herself in finale
>Team hears about new avatar being born and goes to see kid, granddaughter adamant about carrying on Korra's legacy while Lee says they'll protect the world until he's ready

Season 2
>1 year time skip
>Team struggling to work together
>Korra's granddaughter still grieving and broken
>Character driven season with looming threat in background though the season really isn't about that and is more about the team than the conflict
>End of season new Avatar bends a rock accidentally for the first time

Season 3
>4 year time skip
>Team of assassins hunting down descendants of previous avatars
>One of Milo's kids is killed
>Season is the team hunting them and them hunting Korra's granddaughter too
>She gets captured
>Team saves them, Lee is the one who ends the final boss and saves her
>Muh firebender charms.png
>Romance
>End of season the team visit the new Avatar kid again, he's getting quite good at earthbending
>Implied they visit him often

Season 4
>4 year time skip
>Big bad is some spirit
>Spirit can possess humans
>One of the twins is forced to kill the other one by it in the final battle and is honoured by every state of the earth kingdom for his sacrifice
>Team are fucked up from the experience

Season 5
>7 year time skip
>Team have been apart since the incident
>Lee and Korra's Granddaughter have kids now
>Airbender girl doing covert missions
>Other twin went off the deep end with guilt and ended up 10/10 fucked up
>No one has seen him for almost a year
>Messenger arrives at Lee's door with info on alive twin's whereabouts
>Assembling the troops.gif
>Search for him
>Meanwhile militant terrorist organisation starts marching all over the United states of Earthistan and forcing citizens to either work and fight for them or be executed
>Take over half the states then head for Ba Sing Se
>Start bombing the city and killing the citizens calling for the surrender of the other states
>Team hears about it on the radio and goes there immediately
>Try to fight but there are too many and all end up badly injured
>Taken to a stage in the centre of the city to be executed and broadcast worldwide
>Other twin shows up during broadcast and tried to stop them
>No training for 7 years means he gets BTFO
>Gets placed on the chopping block first to show that they don't take shit
>Avatar sees on screen and knows it's time
>Grabs glider and flies to Ba Sing Se (conveniently within flight distance of his home)
>Executioner/leader of terrorists gives big speech about how he'll win yada yada
>Avatar arrives just as the other twin is killed
>Actually looks happy to die so he can be with his brother
>Others are bawling
>Avatar state engaged
>Fuck shit up and defeat terrorists, turns into Korra a la Aang at Roku's temple
>Before she dissipates she tells them she's proud of them
>Final shot is of him stood like Aang in the ATLA intro

Thanks user.

No problem. If this thread is still up when I get home I'll link you to the dropbox. Unless someone beats me to it.

>Some undetermined point of time later, probably not 80 years
>Korra died young because reasons
>Everything is the 80's
>Rise of hyper-capitalism, consumerism, etc.
>Earth kingdom has gone full People's Republic, absolute communist oligarchy ruling over all
>The next Avatar is set to be born under communists
>Other nations, specifically Fire Nation, highly concerned about the damn commies getting control over the Avatar
>Avatar is stern, reserved female girl
>Raised from birth by the government with a stick up her ass
>Kept sane mostly by her sister, who has slowly become a key government adviser due to her connections to the Avatar
>Meanwhile, it has been 14 years since Korra's death, still no new Avatar
>Fears that Korra may have fucked up the cycle forever
>People's Earth declares that they have the Avatar
>o shit
>Meanwhile, mainline tv personality, celebrity, millionaire businessman fire bender is the fucking shit in Republic City
>People's Earth holds press conference revealing new Avatar
>Avatar is set to stay for a time in RC in order to deal with spiritual matters as per convoluted agreement between People's Earth and other nations
>Sister encourages Avatar to sneak out

From there, the two are gradually exposed to the weird, wild world of 80's Republic City, full of gangsters, bankers, and other such criminals. Slowly meeting more friends, the Avatar specifically becomes increasingly uncomfortable with her role as a bargaining chip in the grand political struggle between nations.

Meanwhile, the gang also learns of a massive conspiracy involving the firebender celebrity, including ties to the once thought dead Red Lotus, which may risk compromising the fragile peace that the world is currently living in. The plot mostly focuses on the adventures of this new group of kids in this weird, high tech new world against the backdrop of these grander political power struggles. Focus less on the political bullshit, more on the characters.

Several chapters were written and posted on ff.net actually

Didn't Sup Forums create some sort of series with some sort of Sandbender? Whatever happened to that?

>new avatar
>white
>earth bender
>straight male
>young cadet in military school
>bending is mostly forgotten only used by hippies, circus performers, monks and academia
>era is more like Cold war in the 80s
>the new avatar is a skeptic young man without intention to even try bending, he only wants to follow family tradition of being a military officer.

That would be the premise, I don't know about anything else because I don't have talent and I am lazy.

>Having spent 80 years preparing for their chance the Red Lotus aims to "free" the world on the day of Korra's death.
>Spirit nukes built in secret are unleashed upon the world
>The resulting devastation breaks both world's and they start to fuse together
>Our story opens years later with a young avatar scavenging the ruins of Republic City
>The spirits who lost their sense of self in the pain of a broken world attack
>Kid Avatar is on the run and almost dies until saved by the Avatar State
>Old as fuck Korra explains the problem, but has no idea how to fix it
>Kid Avatar travels the world learning everything about spirits to gain enough knowledge to fix the world
>Fighting bandits, spirits, and eventually the Red Lotus who have, in the passing years, become that which they hated most; the new world order.

I just want some adventure and some world building really.

m.fanfiction.net/s/11096497/1/Avatar-The-Path-of-Shen

It died because most of Sup Forums can't write.

80 years after Korra a mysterious something happened that reduced the world to a medieval technology state.

The current avatar is a Firebending bitch born of royalty from the Kanyan Kingdom which is a independent kingdom composed of firebenders on the eastern part of the Earth continent.

She is about 16 years old, and must work to find the cause of the calamity that destroyed the world before as it will happen again.

I would be down with shadowrun avatar.
>Future Industries brand cyber-implants
>Many of the more ancient and crafty spirits have their own corporations
>balkanized earth kingdom
>Human/spirit combos perfected for gaining specific bodymods
>Alternately, made safer for long-term teamups
>Lotus fractured into hundreds of tiny conspiracies, each convinced they are really the ones controlling everything.

>Beneath the glow of towering skyscrapers, a humble sandbender goes to the hospital bed of a dying Asami. She greets him warmly, despite never having met the boy, bidding him a fond and final farewell.
>The future industries succession crisis will trigger a cascade, throwing the delicate balance of the world into chaos.
>Can the new Avatar, a humble earthbender shaman, bring a degree of peace and wonder to a frenetic, cynical world?

>Korra dies not from old age but from being murdered a few years after Book 4 of TLoK

Plot twist she wasn't murdered she was just an idiot who was playing around with it and shot her face off

>80 Years post-Korra

It is a new world, alive with the neon glow of spirit-technology. With advances in material sciences jumping forward in leaps and bounds thanks industrial use of bending of all elements, rapid improvements in technology have outstripped pure bending for most purposes.

However, that technology now integrates with bending and the spirit more than could ever have been imagined. With these, a new, man-made spirit world has been created, stretching across the globe from hard-points in "spirit servers" used for everything from banking to travel to the beginnings of teleportation. Bend-Guns channel spirit energy to produce specific, powerful effects beyond the reach of most benders, even allowing a single bender to bend multiple elements in the set configurations Bend-Guns allow. Miniturized mecha-suits can be worn beneath clothing like a second skin, manipulated by platinum-bending spirit guns immune to human bender interference.

Yet all is not well. Strange cyber-daemons stalk the man made spirit net. Bend-guns place unparalleled power in the hands of any with the slightest trace of bending. The new technologies hunger for power, power brought about by spirit drained from living creatures, often non benders forced into selling themselves through economic necessity.

It is a time of turbulent change and social trauma. And no one has seen nor heard of an Avatar since Avatar Korra gave her life to end Breakwar, the war that ended the Water Tribes and Fire nation, splitting the world into two new halves: the Democratic Corporationalists and the Spirit Equalists, now locked in a decades long Cold War. No one even remembers which, if they ever truly knew, which side the Last Avatar fought for.

Now, new rumors leak from the RCNZ, the Republic City Neutral Zone, a multi-level mega-city home to millions, of strange elemental events, spreading like ripples from the deep center of the city. Of strange dreams haunting bender and non bender alike. Of an "artificial avatar", a new creation to break the cold war.

Yet far out in the desert wastes left by the Breakwar there are new rumors, of a Sandbender who calls up mists and lightning. Of a new, "true" avatar after all this time.

>MC is a clone of Korra made by Varrik
>Not a complete fucktard this time
>Takes the water bender spot on the new avatars team
>new avatar is a side character
>set in a comparable 60's period
>rated R

So basically:
youtube.com/watch?v=A2Jxx1EMcJo

And

youtube.com/watch?v=q0z08OpmEPc&list=PLFB20B26835F16136

But also

youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

>The rule is it must take place 80 years after Korra
80 years gap is because that was the gap between TOS and TNG.

Third series then will be set somewhere in season 3 and onwards.

Alright, story time bitches. Strap on your climbing gear, because here comes a wall of text. This is the summary of a campaign I was GM for with four friends. It is based in part on the world building of Legend of Shen, only the plot is roughly 76% shittier.

>About 30 years after the events of The Legend of Korra, Korra travelled into the Spirit World
>20 years later, and she has not been heard from since
>The world doesn’t know if there is a new Earthbender Avatar, or if the cycle has been broken
>Tensions between the Fire Nation and the Earth Federation (formed form the former Earth Kingdom territories) have mounted
>They compete in stockpiling weapons and colonizing the Spirit World
>Our story begins with our four PCs in jail in Ba Sing Se
>NOW YOU MAY BE WONDERING HOW WE GOT OURSELVES IN THIS SITUATION
>Cut back to like one hour earlier
>Jin is a Metalbender actor who does his own stunts and has a flair for the dramatic
>To fake out the other players, I introduce him first as the Avatar
>He shows off his skill in all four styles of bending before Varrick, his director, yells “CUT!”
>Outside the Ba Sing Se movie studio, Jin is confronted by Earth Federation Security
>They’re the supposedly reformed Dai Li, but they’re used just as badly the Minister of Defense, Min
>Arrest Jin for no real reason, along with Varrick, citing that the movie he’s shooting is anti-Earth Federation propaganda
>Kaiku is… a Waterbender. I really didn’t get much else on him from his player, except that he likes to make ice shields and throws them around like Captain America
>He is overprotective, though, and tries to intervene in Jin and Varrick’s unlawful arrests
>Kaiku is arrested too

>Somewhere else, Avner, a Firebender, is minding his own business
>He used to be a soldier of the Fire Nation, but had a spiritual vision and defected, hoping to learn more about spirits, which has brought him to Ba Sing Se university
>Made the mistake of wearing Fire Nation colors into the city (a Red Scare, if you will), and is confronted immediately by the Earth Federation Security
>Fae, an Airbender thief who was separated from her father about a year ago, is being chased by Earth Federation Security for stealing some cabbages
>She runs into Avner, and after some good old fashioned resisting arrest, they are arrested
>So now all four PCs are together in a cell, with Varrick, who is demanding a phone call; not for his lawyer (since as he insists, he’s his own lawyer) but to order food from his favorite place
>The PCs meet Minister of Defense Min, a total dick who walks with a limp, talks like Alan Rickman, and is 2smart4you
>Enter Grand Lotus Taiki, a kindly old Airbender and current leader of the White Lotus
>He subtly flaunts the power and influence of the White Lotus, and gets Min to let the lot out of prison (even Fae, the one person actually guilty of a crime)
>Min says he has his eye on them and that they be sure not to be “Up to no good.”
>Grand Lotus Taiki takes the four PCs to the White Lotus headquarters in Ba Sing Se, the Jasmine Dragon
>Tells them about himself; he gained his Airbending during Harmonic Convergence, but was actually born at the exact moment HC occurred
>He cites this as why he has the special ability to see the strings of fate attached to individuals; essentially he can tell the weight of one’s destiny and it’s sort of like limited precognition
>He tells the PCs he believes that they are destined to find the Avatar and restore peace to the world, before things get out of hand between the Fire Nation and Earth Federation

>He asks the PCs to go on a journey to find the Avatar; offers the resources of the White Lotus as a reward
>Jin agrees with the urging of Varrick, who says he’s seen some shit back in his day from Korra and that the Avatar is necessary
>Avner agrees, thinking that finding the Avatar will be a step towards becoming more spiritual
>Fae agrees, but in return she asks that the White Lotus help find her father, Senge
>Kaiku agrees because… I dunno
>Grand Lotus Taiki suggests that the group head to the Holy Lake; the White Lotus once mediated there and a wait for a vision in the water that would point them in the direction of the Avatar
>The problem though is that the Holy Lake is located in a mountainous region in the state of Chuang, which has been divided in half between the Fire Nation and the Earth Federation
>The Fire Nations owns the more prosperous west side, and they hold a blockade to keep the Earth Federation’s east side down
>Access in or out of Chuang is highly controlled, and trying to cross the border between East and West without authorization is a death sentence
>Jin gets the idea to get Varrick to give them some certifications for being a movie crew, coming to Chuang to film on location
>It’s just dumb enough to maybe work
>The group crosses the Western Lake on route to Chuang
>Aboard the ship, they notice some suspicious cargo that was loaded on by Earth Federation Security
>Sneaking around (being careful not to make a sound) they dig through the cargo and find it to be what looks like humanoid metal men; Jin can’t bend them, as they’re platinum
>The boat is then attacked by a giant spirit octopus monster
>The group, having seen enough hentai to know where this is going, fight the spirit
>The octopus seems more interested in attacking the boat itself, however, and manages to sink it and its cargo before the PCs fend it off

you are a fucking retard

>Min is not happy to see the four PCs are “Up to no good”; he lets them be on their way, but asks the EFS to dig up any information on them
>The group makes it into East Chuang; it’s pretty shitty, with the Fire Nation trying to force the government there to cave in to them by restricting any imports
>They find out that the Holy Lake is somewhere over in the Fire Nation’s West Chuang
>Because the GM-I mean, the plot-demands it, the group’s cover is blown as they try to cross the East-West border
>They fend off the Earth Federation’s border security well enough, but are then attacked by two of the same metal men that they found on the boat
>They’re robots, and they shoot lasers Iron Man style
>The PCs succeed in defeating one and taking what appears to be its power source before retreating into West Chuang
>The group makes their way towards the Holy Lake, but travel for hours before they realize they’re still where they started
>A spirit is angry at them and has cast an illusion over the area, hindering their progress towards the Lake
>The group finds out the spirit is angry because of what they’re carrying; the robot’s power source
>They break it open, releasing a spirit that was trapped inside
>The PCs smooth things over with the angry spirit, and are able to finally arrive at the Holy Lake
>The look into the lake for a bit, but see only their own reflections
>They try meditating, and they all share a SPIRIT VISION
>There is a little girl, standing on a small island with a cherry blossom tree that constantly blows pedals
>The girl appears to have healed burn wounds on the left side of her whole body
>Avner has seen this girl before; she was what he saw in his vision
>She is with a red ram, a green cow, a yellow gazelle, and what seems to be a blue crocodile

What's up with Sup Forums's unhealthy obsession with an Avatar sandbender?

>The green cow appears to whisper something in her ear; Ling asks back “Is he going to miss that?” while looking at Jin
>Ling tells the PCs they have to go, good luck, and displays her mastery of the pronoun game by adding, “He’s not what he seems,” before the PCs are pulled from the vision
>Three Fire Nation helicopters are now surrounding them in the sky
>Fire Nation soldiers descend down, as well as the honorable and professional High General Akane, leader of the Fire Nation military
>She and Avner have some history, as she trained him when he was a soldier
>She tries to bargain with the PCs, telling them that the Fire Nation is the right side in all this
>She points to the robots that Min tried to sneak into Chuang with a civilian boat as an example, not to mention their unethical battery
> She encourages Avner to return to the Fire Nation; she goes on about how betrayal from within the Fire Nation (coughzukocough) lead to them losing the 100 Year War, and that she won’t let something similar happen
>Asks Avner to help her find the Avatar
>Akane steps over to look into the Holy Lake and says “I would sell my very soul if it meant having the power to burn Ba Sing Se.” Only Avner notices that she doesn’t have a reflection in the water
>With negations broken down, the PCs fight Akane and her soldiers
>They fight for a bit before realizing Akane and her green flames outclasses them and that they’re best bet is to leave
>They try to highjack one of the helicopters, which Jin knows how to fly. How? “I do my own stunts!”
>Akane shoots lightning at the helicopter, knocking it out of the sky
>Jin managed to swerve it to keep the rest of the group from being too badly hurt
>He wasn’t so lucky; his left arm was zapped clean off from the elbow down

the amount of retarded hate for korra in here is fucking stupid can you fucks just let it go already

The setting and tone would be in a similar vein to Dishonored, Sunless Sea, and to a lesser extent, Shadowrun, but scaled to a modern
No romance sub-plots, no teenage angst, lots of passing intrigue and curiosities, but focus primarily kept on the theme, or major conflict, of the season...

> Potential major theme: Spirit gates

Dealing with long-term detrimental effects related to leaving spirit gates open for extended period of time.

Some eldritch thing drifted through a spirit gate into the world during Korra's stint as the Avatar, has hibernated/incubated/remained dormant for decades, catastrophe and calamity herald its return...

> Potential major theme: Avatar Korra was an idiot

Korra did more damage to the balance/world/avatar state than previously anticipated, the new avatar has to deal with it...

>He didn’t fly so good
>Defeated, the group is taken prisoner aboard the remaining helicopters
>They travel for a bit when Air Nomads, led by Jinora and Ikki, arrive on sky bison and save the PCs
>Jinora tells them that the she sensed a disturbance in the Force and used astral projection to find them
>The Air Nomads are taking the PCs to the Northern Air Temple, led by Meelo, where Jinora says Grand Lotus Taiki is
>He has found Fae’s father

Anyone still with me? Should I keep going or just shut the fuck up and get a blog?

>Potential major theme: Avatar Korra was an idiot

>new Avatar is born as a rebel after this Avatar dies
>new Avatar doesn't know thy're the Avatar
>end up being a rebel before awakening as Avatar

HMMMMMmmmmmMMMMM

Your story is fucking boring as shit, bro.

She fucked up the Avatar state irrevocably, was tricked into punching a hole in the fabric of reality by her villainous uncle, and then, after defeating him, decided to leave said cosmic gloryhole open allowing the spirit world to flood into the real world, despite being fully aware that there is a precedent of interactions between humans and spirits ending disastrously...

If she isn't an drooling idiot then the only other explanation is that she is completely malevolent...

Hey, that's fair. A summary like this misses a lot of the fun, "you had to be there" moments of RPGs, and I'm admittedly not the greatest writer in my group. Thank you for your criticism.

>If she isn't an drooling idiot then the only other explanation is that she is completely malevolent...
She asked Tenzin what he thought. Jinora also agreed that it was a good idea.
She honestly asked for input and she got it. Even Mako, the one person who actively antagonizes her with no useful alternative input, didn't speak out against it.

They are ALL drooling idiots.

no she didnt i love how you idiots try to make that a manger bad thing you fools are fucking sad

you are all are drooling idiots wanting to hate everything she did even to go and say things she didnt do was her fault go fuck yourself

> They are ALL drooling idiots.

Fair...

I'll concede that to you...

Wow...

Those sure are some compelling arguments...

The absence of any kind of punctuation makes them even better...

You are aware that those posts were made in jest to parrot the replies you are likely to find on DeviantArt or YouTube, right?

>I'll concede that to you...
Thank you. It's always so difficult to explain to people that it wasn't just Korra; her support group actively worked against her.

Keep going pls, very interesting. What system did you use for this ?

>You are aware that those posts were made in jest to parrot the replies you are likely to find on DeviantArt or YouTube, right?

I was not...

I don't often read through Youtube comment sections, and I have never used DeviantArt...

> Thank you. It's always so difficult to explain to people that it wasn't just Korra; her support group actively worked against her.

Yeah...

The whole thing reeks of bad writing, specifically like entire characters are simply re-written for the sake of moving the plot in a certain direction...

Well time to unfuck everything up
>80 years after TLK
>The world is in ruins. WMDs were used in a great war and now all that remains are shambling tribes and villages. The spirit portals are once again closed and society has now broken down.
>Most people live with a level of technology not much higher than what they had in ATLA, but some people still have access to working saito-moblies and other such things.
>The Earth Republic, Republic City, and the Fire Nation are all no longer entities that exist. Not much is heard from the Water tribes.
>Bending is very rare
>Bending and other such 'non-secular' things are blamed by much of the population for the fall of humanity
>Gangs of anti-spiritual zealots called 'Exterminators' roam the wastes of the earth kingdom, killing any bender they see and enforcing their will on the people.
>And into this world an Earth-bender is born and with it, the avatar is reborn.

People complain about how Korra ruined everything. So they then go and ruin everything even further so the blame can be pointed to her and destroy the world.
And they call it world building.

What did God do when he saw Sodom so immersed in sin that it was beyond redemption. Did he let it keep growing or did he cleanse it with fire and brimstone?

>What did God do when he saw Sodom so immersed in sin that it was beyond redemption.
>listening to the Jews
>reciting what the Jews wrote
>using the Jews to defend your idea of writing
There's no shekels here, sir.

Well I was going to argue against you, but I think it's not a good idea to piss you off. I mean you're probably soooooooo dangerous....

I'm not as dangerous as God who condemns people in one book but then sends His Son to save the others. Should have sent His Son earlier to maximize the chance of people coming into His kingdom.

Regardless, wiping the slate clean is easy mode and hating one character so much that people would rather join in the circle jerk of hatred than do something constructive is disappointing for a board that is apparently brimming with ideas and better writers than Bryke.

>Show goes to netflix and is more mature
>60 years later
>Korra dies on one of her spirit world trips
>World is in 50s tech
>Cold war between Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation
>Earth being USSR and Fire being USA
>New Avatar is some rando street urchin
>They find the avatar really late, when they are 18
>Can barely bend
>Definitely still the avatar tho
>They are spiritually sound though
>1st season follows growing tension between Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation while the Avatar tries to learn bending

I hate to invoke the tired 'god works in mysterious ways' meme, but have you ever considered that God (provided he exists) is an omniscient entity that has been around for far longer than you have and is knowing of all things. Explain how you think either of us can judge him when we can't even figure out what his motive is?

Actually you do have a bit of a good point there. I mean a lot of the reason I'm doing this is because I really like Mad Max and I think the change in technology was part of why I don't like TLK, but maybe I can think of something better.

Non-Benders pull a French Revolution and overthrow the Fire Lord

I agree with the post apocalyptic theme, but I'm gonna take it a different route.
>80 years later
>Korra gets lost in the Spirit realm immediately after the events of the show
>avatar line is not continued which makes people assume Korra is still alive.
>without the Avatar, society continues albeit tensely.
>Wind Tribe is rebuilt
>10 years go by and an asteroid impacts the earth nation. Annihilating most of the civilization, including Republic City.
>the resulting ice age is only partially reduced through the concerted efforts of the tribes who have been forced to unite under one nation
>United tribes manage to save humanity by escaping to regions unimpacted and using their bending along with modern advances to build underground
>50 years go by and Asami returns with Korra in Spirit form after having passed away in the spirit realm
>10 years go by and a new Avatar's powers awaken
>the Avatar has largely become myth at this point as history has started to fail
>the child quickly rises up the ranks, but warring factions want the avatar
>10 years go by in tense youth as the Avatar is forged in a world of always looking over their shoulder. Playing one side against another.
>now 20, the Avatar sets out to the surface world in order to escape an assassination attempt and to seek out information on their history with the help of a few unlikely friends and their pet Badger mole