Explain the appeal of this

Explain the appeal of this.
I thought it's really nothing special but there seems to be a cult-like following for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVgK6vwfNpY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwlGv9SWfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2/3 are pure kino
the last third drops the ball a bit, but it's still okay

fuck off retard

It's pretty much the only "zombie" movie for adults

It's bri'ish!

RUNNING ZOMBIES

This, it made zombies scary again.

having godspeed you! black emperor in the "empty london" scene in it is enough to declare it kino. also, it took much elements fomr TWD before TWD was a tv thing.

>I thought it's really nothing special
Then go back to watching the Conjuring universe crap and tired found footage garbage

I don't know either. It has a great soundtrack and the atmosphere really gives the vibe of an isolated, decaying England but I though the cinematography and the performance of some actors to be subpar.

i think it was great timing. it came out in 2003 and i remember post 9/11 the shots of Cillian Murphy alone in a deserted London resonated. also it seemed to bring zombie films back to a more grounded and realistic place... treated the subject seriously. and it was one of the first times people saw zombies move so fast. it had been a long time since Return of the Living Dead and many in mainstream audience had never seen that anyway.

judging the film now it doesn't seem as special because many zombie films followed but at the time it stood out.

But that's dawn of the dead (2004)
Also 28 Weeks Later was 10x better than this snorefest

they aren't zombies. the word zombie implies the person who became infected died then was reanimated and is now an undead, the virus in 28 days later does not reanimate dead humans or animals, it can only affect alive entities.

>Also 28 Weeks Later was 10x better than this snorefest
fucking pleb

yeah because it was really nothing special, but everyone liked it because all the other zombie movies were shit

2004 dawn was good but still more of a fun zombie gore romp.

Weeks was like a middle ground between the two

I'll watch anything Cillian Murphy hangs dong in

>it took much elements fomr TWD
TWD (comic) started in 2003, 28 days later is from 2002

Nah, they're zombies.

except they literally aren't
they die from normal wounds, not just headshots

Still zombies though. You sound like the sort of guy who gets worked up about 'wyverns'.

they aren't zombies. they also starve to death, zombies didn't starve to death in previous zombie movies like dawn of the dead

What can I say, every zombie movie's zombies are different.

they die (starvation, wounds etc.)
they don't eat people
sometimes they just kill people insead of spreading the infection
they seem to have some cognitive abilities left
they can run, probably climb as well (ladder for example), most certainly more motorical skills than a zombie

now let's look at the most fundamental attributes of a zombie
a zombie is dead
a zombie eats people

It presents a take on zombies that doesn't necessarily feel like a gimmick. The zombies are fast which makes them really dangerous, and at the time was really new and alarming to audiences. People can be infected by relatively normal means, like blood spatter or saliva. The zombies are alive, which adds new dimensions to both the moral issues and the trajectory of the timeline.

It's also worth mentioning that its one of a few zombie movies where the humans are just as deadly if not moreso than the zombies, in a believable fashion. The deserters aren't really super corny evil like The Governor or Negan from TWD - they are just violent men who want to bust a nut and have seen some crazy shit.

Overall its just a good franchise with a good premise and one that makes zombies a scary concept again, in virtue of their depiction and in virtue of the feasibility of the virus actually being realized.

It had the most bullshit 'death' of all time in it, it's difficult to like when it comes to THAT scene

Well I disagree but if you were right, what changes? It still plays exactly like a zombie movie.

gleeson?

>You sound like the sort of guy who gets worked up about 'wyverns'.
Fuck you guy, wyverns and dragons are two entirely different things.

Running zombies are a dumb meme and there hasn't been a good running zombie flick, ever.

But if you asked 100 people to name what genre 28 Days Later is 99% would say it's a zombie movie.

that's because 99% of people are dumb

>Running infected that never get tired
>The zombies didn't linger around so the streets were empty until they came out of nowhere
>Cillian Murphy
>No easy access to guns so the characters were extremely vulnerable unlike American zombie movies where they can fight off waves together
>Good soundtrack

ZOMBIKINO

>fast zombies are a meme
>compared to shambling fucking corpses

because they have the same function basically

but that's a bit like some pleb saying Star Trek and Star Wars are the same because they have aliens in it

the fact that the infected can run at sanic speeds made them much more threatening

This is true.

Fast zombies are pretty trash.

they would probably ask "HOW MANY days later?! LMAO bruhhhhh"

>they aren't zombies

how come you missed my post?

>Star Trek and Star Wars
I think this supports our side better, every normal person would say that they're both science-fiction but there's weirdos out there that would insist that Star Wars is actually science fantasy like anybody cares.

>all zombie films must follow the same rule set for zombie life/death
who knew a thread about zombies would attract so many fucking autists... really boggles the mind.

yes it's part of a broader "zombie genre", but the infected contradict the very definition of a zombie

>yes it's part of a broader "zombie genre", but the infected contradict the very definition of a zombie

great argument

>It's also worth mentioning that its one of a few zombie movies where the humans are just as deadly if not moreso than the zombies, in a believable fashion.
You need to watch more zombie movies. Many of them that are serious have the safe havens compromised by idiocy, selfishness or infighting. The characters aren't outright killing each other but it's other humans that are the antagonists.

>Explain the appeal of this.
The infected are genuinely terrifying and would fucking murder most people, unlike the average zombie flick in which you need to be a retard to get yourself killed.

Why do beta losers think everything is some kind of "debate" that needs to be won?

he looks like a mix of mick jagger and the ugly motherfucker in star wars 7

Zombie comes largely from fiction based on voodoo legends that you can put someone in a trance and control them, when you argue over the specifics of what makes a zombie you literally argue over nothing. I saw 0 voodoo powder in Dawn of the Dead, therefore, NOT zombies.

THIS.

they are UNDEAD, and not fucking ZOMBIES.

The sequel spawned one of the greatest songs ever created for survival kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVgK6vwfNpY

Infected from the 28 series are actually spiritually closer to zombies when you consider that they never died and came back and they can be seen as "under the control" of their rage virus.

>Oblivion_Screenshot.jpg

Consensus reality is true in the case of fiction. Theres no such thing as "canon" in the case of widespread and inconsistent folklore.

You fabric-sensitive fellows also neglect that the alleged distinction is exclusive to the English language, which two legged dragons in folklore predate.

Yes absolutely. I should have said that I meant the undead in Dawn of the Dead.

Actually a zombie is a corpse in thrall to a witch doctor you idiot. That's the rules.

the popular media doesn't care about the witch shit and it never played an important role

No, I know, I just mean that it never occurred to me that the infected can be seen almost as a traditional voodoo zombie.

Too bad. It came first. Popularity doesn't change facts you stupid piece of shit. A zombie is a zombie. The point of a language is that it is consistent with rules, not your dumb fucking opinion.

it's not my opinion, but the opnion of pretty much anyone

Not a corpse, all the sources say a witch doctor puts a living person under a spell using powders. Mostly to do mindless work on farms and not to terrorize villages, though. A reanimated corpse would be straight up necromancy.

Great atmosphere and the infected are actually a threat.

It's a well-paced, well thought out zombie movie that was different from most at the time. It's also a lot more conservative than others in the genre, and has stronger characters dealing with more real human problems

Also, it's got a great soundtrack
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwlGv9SWfY

bruh we need to have a talk

literally autistic

it was a virus, explained at the beginning of the film. they aren't 'undead' they are 'infected'. this guy is right.

>nothing special
what the FUCK do you kids like then?

Watching other people play video games. Culture is dead.

it was fresh at the time

>that quick cut to running in silence then cut back to the room right as the infected jumps in

The thinking man's jump scare

You're a zombie if your brain is too stupid to comprehend how the rage virus works. It's explained in the movie.

>dawn of the dead (2004), literally edgy nu metal the remake
>zombie movie for adults

I hope you get eaten by a fucking zombie

>really boggles the mind.
Yours, maybe. I for one know this is Sup Forums.

HELLOOOOOOOOO

They're zombies.

They're zombified people.

Also, 28 days later is my favorite film personally.

What about such a thing as canon where a book specifically describes a fictional being in a certain way and the adaptation changes that to a more mainstream portrayal?

Is it okay to get pissed at that without being called autistic on an anonymous imageboard?

>canon

If an adaptation changes something from the original source, you're complaining about that change not about dragons, drakes and wyverns as a whole. And what are you talking about?

e-celebs pulling funny faces

It was BLEACHED kino

Fuck, I didn't know they had changed Smaug. Fuck them

This.

nice bait

Fuck you're retarded.

it popularized the "fast zombie" and "zombie virus" stuff you see everywhere now

28 Months Later sequel set after infection spreads to mainland Europe via France like the end of 28 Weeks when?!

?

In my defense, I've only seen the first movie. I didn't need to watch the others, knowing they'd be shit just like the first one.
Shame on you for watching them, pleb.

zombies don't die from starvation you velcro shoe wearing fuck

28 weeks later didn't become a meme like 28 days later so never

God tier music

>mfw

Never

>after infection spreads

Don't be so infectophobic, infected have rights too! No borders no nations!!

>Libtards waving around "INFECTED WELCOME" signs right before getting slaughtered