Ls this the worst episode of Futurama?

ls this the worst episode of Futurama?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zWRykybDpYA
youtube.com/watch?v=39S3dLDEbYs
youtube.com/watch?v=qWdWq7jCe_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's better than any of the post-revival ones.

that dont sound like no golden marmoset to me

This

And also the Windows shutdown sound joke was funny

So was the binary joke and "It wasn't a normal hovercar. It moved on four wheels, like a wolf!"

It's even better than that. It's
>Dat don't sound like no golden marmoset I ever hoid!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS KIND OF PRESSURE

The worst episode is the one with that bone-sucking thing. Either that or the one where the Professor gets into car racing.

I marathoned Futurama recently

Golden age holds up very well, and it manages to hold out pretty damn well after the revival for a bit, but holy hell did Season 8 kill any enjoyment I had

Most sitcoms go through this cycle, where it starts off heavily character-based, using its setting as a backdrop and theming for genuine comedy of people bouncing off one another. Once they drain that well, though, they're forced to push the cast into wackier and more nonsensical situations, and the comedy becomes what bizarre bullshit happens to them rather than who they are and how they interact with themselves and the world around them. Once that happens, stagnation is almost immediate

pre revival the worse ones I felt were either either That's Lobstertainment! The ep with Fry's girlfriend coming to the future, or the one with Leela playing baseball.

The worst new futurama ep was the fucking susan boyle one holy shit I hate that one.

I also laughed at the scene where the werecar drove into a furnace labelled "Warning: Very very very very very very hot"

>I even ran over my best friend from aroma therapy

>I used to have a friend who I used to smell things with

How can't you like this episode

Most of the Bender centric episodes are just god awful.

Yes. I mean, until they got renewed.

The fuck you on about! The wrestling and the Beck tour episodes are GOAT!

>I'm a toughie! Teehee!
>I WILL DESTROY YOU! RAAAAAAAAARGH!.....stop calling me....

Ehh, the car racing one had SOME funny material. I didn't like the bone one though. However I don't think there is any episode worse than the "eye-pod" one. Too little, too late.

>see ya at the fight
>AND THEN I SAID see ya the fight

>"I'm not from around here! Look at my craaaazy passport!"
Bender's entire wrestling career was great

>implying Game of Tones or the Late Phillip J Fry are bad episodes

>Nite Rider wasn't evil!
>His windshield wipers were. Didn't really come out in the show

>Bah! It's all a bunch of superstitious Mumbo Jumbo
>Mumbo, perhaps. Jumbo, perhaps not!

>Be careful, many robots are stupid and violent
>I wish I was stupid and violent, then we'd see what's what

>Referring to KITT as Knight Rider

It had some great jokes.
>Pic related

>The last ghost died hundreds of years ago!
>The last HUMAN ghost!

>David Duchovny!

>Alright! Let's stay there tonight!
>...provided he stays at least one night within its walls
>Oh, there's always a catch!

The worst episode of the original run was a Leela of her own. They had ha few good jokes in the fist minutes but then it starts to suck.

Ah man, the Beck episode was the absolute best. I love when a show can get a celebrity cameo and doesn't put them on a pedestal above the comedy.

>Bender, that was the best 2 hour washboard solo I've ever heard! The parts where I was awake absolutely blew my mind!
>Thank you! That song's usually not supposed to go for that long, but I forgot how it ended...

It's one of my favorites just because of the "Anti-Chrysler Building" pun

>I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe!

counterargument the episode where they shoot bender into space

The worst episodes were the movie episodes and the season after that. Unbearable.

Incredibly they pulled it back together in the season after those though.

The worst episode was the I/Eye Phone.

Any of the episodes where they tried emulate current events with an "in-the-future" spin are absolute shit. Especially the Obama birther controversy one.

The final Futurama Christmas """special""" was the worst episode in the series by far. Not a single joke in the entire episode.

>I BELIEVE WHAT I WAS PROGRAMMED TO BELIEVE

nah its still golden

I'll kill you too, buddy. I'll kill you too

Man, fuck you, the Werecar episode is great.

You want the worst episode of Futurama? It's "The Futurama Holiday Spectacular".

worst episode is the futurama/simpsons crossover.
best episode features a certain dog I wont mention.

It felt like the only reason that episode was made was because Al Gore showed up again

The 7-leaf clover ep was worse. A failed attempt to melodrama with no funny jokes.

So, are the comics any good? If anything, these are largely unknown.

>werewolf (from Old English: wer, "man"), man-wolf
>werecar (from Old English: wer, "man"), man-car

That episode about the eye phone and Leela suddenly had a singing boil on her ass.

What happened to least mutated mutant?

>he didn't like Overclock-wise
>he didn't like the Late Philip J Fry
>He didn't like Inspector 5
>he didn't like the Super Yeti episode

If futurama robots run on combustion, how does his motor keep running in space? Are we supposed to believe that this is a ma-magical cumbustion engine?

Atmospheric oxygen is not the only possible oxidizer.

I liked this episode just because they based bender's werecar form off the 1977 film The Car

Super Yeti's overrated though.

Parasites Lost, and any other episode that heavily focuses on Fry's on & off relationship with Leela belong in the trash.

No, the Route of all Evil is the worst episode. Also what are you talking about OP? That episode had quite a few memorable and hilarious moments.

Do any of you guys ever experience, while watching futurama, no laughs?.
I love the show and think it's funny, but not the kind of funny where I laugh.

They're okay, kind of mellow but still feels similar.

The worst pre-revival ep is better than the best post-revival ep.

Lucy Lu.

>being contrarian

Eye Phone was definitely the bottom of the bottom (And oddly enough not due to iPhone references)

I can't really remember pre-revival any episode that I would call bad. Although I see there are contenders.

The Route of all Evil was pretty terrible.

Haven't seen it for years.

Calling the revival episodes worse is the exact opposite of contrarian.

>being contrarian about being called contrarian

Funniest line in the entire series.

>Tfw the Italian dub replaced for no reason "Knight Rider" with "The Love Bug" only because the latter's Italian title is "The completely crazy Beetle" so they could add a joke about him being crazy and evil but you clearly see KITT in the scene and no sane person would think that a Pontiac Firebird looks like a Volkswagen Beetle

And that's ignoring the infamous translation error where they translated "Were-Car" as "Car that Was"

No. The absolute worst episodes are the one where Leela was in charge of making a kid's tv show, and the one where Bender plays a Banjo. And this is coming from someone who liked the majority of the revival episodes.

>The absolute worst episodes are the one where Leela was in charge of making a kid's tv show
I don't remember this one.

>he's either in Paris, or much more likely, in the abandoned Chrysler building!

>they go to Paris anyway

>Route of all Evil is the worst
>"WHO'S GOING TO USE A DELIVERY SERVICE WITH A KICKED SIGN? NO ONE THAT'S WHO."

None of those are very good though, and Inspector 5 was extremely predictable. They tried so hard to have one of the tearjerkers of the golden era, but it was just forced. Same with that Game of Tone episode, which randomly decided to characterize a gag character.

As a revival apologist it is fucking awful.

I feel this all the time watching Bob's Burgers

>The Late Phillip J Fry
>Not good
Definitely baiting and contrarian. Like, really rotten bait. Swarming with maggots and flies, dripping with slime and emitting an awful death stink.

That's Lobstertainment is the only answer

>They tried so hard to have one of the tearjerkers of the golden era, but it was just forced.
Fucking this. They got so caught up on the idea that Futurama was a show that had heartbreaking moments that they stopped considering how those moments fit into the structure of the episodes they were in. Luck of the Fryish was sad because all the expectations the show had set up for us up until the reveal told us one thing: Fry's brother was a dick who stole everything from Fry, up to and including his name. Then the reveal happens, and reality kicks us in the fucking teeth: all Yancy was was a man who missed his younger brother. Jurassic Bark was similar: we get an episode-long buildup to an expectation, then the reality of what actually happened to Seymour creates the sadness.

None of the post-revival episodes do this, they literally just tack on a sad ending because "we're a sad show guys, just fucking go with it".

There is literally no question about the worst Golden Age episode.

Why is it so hated?

The whole episode is a one note joke tribute to old Jewish silent film era and it's really not funny at all

>they translated "Were-Car" as "Car that Was"

kek really?

They're not as good as the Simpsons comics but if you like the show, you'll probably like them too.

They had a pretty good Wizard of Oz parody.

Was that the episode were fry had all those worms in him that made him a perfect human being?

Because if so, fuck you that episode is fantastic.

>the episode where Leela becomes a baseball star is better than The Late Phillip J. Fry

Factually wrong.

Because Zoidberg is not funny enough to carry an episode.

Nah this episode is quotable as fuck
>Four wheels! Like a wolf!
>I Choose to Believe what I was Programmed to Believe!
>His windshield wipers were
>I'll kill you too, buddy.
>"You'll like being dead." That's what they said about being alive!

Plus the gags like silver potato and the Windows boot sound. I dunno the worst precancellation episode is probably the one where bender should not be allowed on television.

the episode where all the main cast is on a dessert planet and they swap gender or something? Also the other gender episode was pretty fucking boring too

What is the one moment from Futurama that sticks with you no matter what? Mine is

>horny Zoidberg lifting a shitton of weights
>screams for more weights
>Leela says nonchalantly "Why not do more reps with less weight?"
>Zoidberg screams and trashes the place

Celebrity cameo in that episode was great. When I first saw it I had no idea who Beck was and I still thought it was hilarious. Going back now as a huge Beck fan, it's so fucking punchy and perfect.

>I noticed a spike in our water bill. Somebody's been using all the water. Probably you.
He points to zoidberg and zoidberg lets out this scream that's a cross between the Tim Allen noise and the word "Me?" And it just sounds so gruff and alien and confused and sad that I probably think about it and giggle every day.

>What was that?! A tar dolphin? ...Or a tar SHARK?!

>I'm sure those windmills will keep them cool!
>WINDMILLS DO NO WORK THAT WAY, GOODNIGHT

game of tones is one of the worst episodes
only reason anyone likes it becuase muh fake feels

>I GOT A LETTER FROM MY BIG HOTSHOT DR NEPHEW
>BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>YEAH YOU BETTER RUN

youtu.be/zWRykybDpYA

>Ye think me be he?
>Si.
>Ni! I mean, no.

That still cracks me up, I have no idea why

The werecar episode is one of my favourites.

Worst prerevival to me is I dated a Robot.

>no I love you
>no I love you
>It would appear that she's stuck in a loop, and he's an idiot

man its really hard for me to find a prerevival episode that wont make me laugh at some point

>ROBOT HOUSE!

youtube.com/watch?v=39S3dLDEbYs

>"I knew I should have shown him "Electro-Gonorrhea: The Noisy Killer"

>pick me up before ya go go
>she asked first

>I need professional help and damn the expense!
>visits 5 cent fortune telling machine
>DAMN THE EXPENSE!

I've been sat watching this over and over for the last five minutes giggling like an autist.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWdWq7jCe_g

i'll never forget you fry MEMORY DELETED

it moves the universe around it
learn the lore