What is Sup Forums's collective opinion on the 1979 American SciFi Horror film "Alien"...

What is Sup Forums's collective opinion on the 1979 American SciFi Horror film "Alien", directed by Ridley Scott and written by Dan O'Bannon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DkvzPnODNTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One of my favorite films of all time.

It was great. They should remake the same movie, following the same formula at least 4 more times.

pit whore

Its great. First of all it has great script.

I wish they'd remake this movie with updated cgi and make it have similar aesthetics as prometheus or covenant.

>updated cgi
>similar aesthetics
>as prometheus or covenant

they already did, it's called Life

thats supposed to be a bait?

it's very rare sci-fi kino

My top 5 movie.

why?

Jaws in SPAAACE!!! with a dash of slasher and haunted house (ship) movies thrown in.

I love it.

it would appeal to the new, broader audience

I love that it's just regular joes doing their jobs, not space explorer or soldiers. There's a real comfy vibe to the ship prior to the alien shit. Blue collar space truckers.

Ridley Scott knows how to eat pussy

I wish I could make you become the main character of Inside. That fate befalling you would appeal to an older, smaller audience.

I really hope you're joking, the film is perfect already, there is absolutely no reason to remake a film that can be called a masterpiece

B-but it's not FRESH and CURRENT and NEW!!!!!

REEEeee and so forth.

How is Life?

dont even mention it

Dead.

it's dated, it's almost 50 years old, The script could be tweaked and re-released and it would be an instant hit, The alternative is to see marvel release another copy/paste capeshit and rake in all the money.

what would you choose; art or entertainment?

>script could be tweaked
i bet you are underage

NEW art, not re-done art. Alien is fucking timeless, there is NOTHING dated about it. Aliens, the sequel, feels dated, it looks and feels like the 1980's and is filled with cheesy one-liners.

The dialog is really a child of it's time for starters

>*picks up space shot gun*
>*shoots 10 xenomorphs at once
>"how ddddid you do that?"
>"I grew up with 3 older brothers"

The films inspired by the grimy/used future of Alien are pretty nice too.

>slow clapping
kino.

Movies aren't art.

Too many people involed in making them to be art.

i liked it

I'm 36 actually.
Great! nobody sees it. and what good is a great piece of art if nobody is there to experience it?

???
It's not.

>I'm 36 actually.
so you are a total pleb and i hate you

Lambert: I can't see a goddamn thing.
Kane: Quit griping.
Lambert: I like griping.

when was the last time you heard anyone irl use the word griping?

Alien was just a shitty medium budget horror movie before you fuckers made it into some high art shit. It's was the pleb version of 2001.

I'm old enough to remember that.

That's like saying they should fucking remake the Mona Lisa or Starry Night, no one would take that seriously. Every time a remake comes out, it sucks, and it's almost always unanimously agreed that it sucks. You clearly don't care about cinema if you think like a studio executive.

Only becasue you know my plan makes sense.

Two or three days ago.

I'm in my 20's and I say "gripe" every now and then

You have autism. That is all.

or like they did with war of the worlds?

My opinion is that Ripley should have been naked at the end.

she was naked in the cryo pod desu

or the thing

The Thing (1982) is the only remake I've ever liked

Never forget.

I don't get it.

I love how you can fucking see the xenomorph in this shot but it blends in so well with the environment, pure kino

are you telling me you like the old ocean's eleven more?

Just look at "Let me in" as an example of what I'm talking about.
The movie sacrafices nothing of the original and was adjusted to a broader audience, wo it's a success! and it's a good story with moving themes and good, flawed characters.

buuutt NOOOO.... cry the faggots of Sup Forums alien is holy!

get real, you know my plan would work, it's an easy pitch and you could expose new audiences to how a horror movie should be made. a welcom relief from the likes of "paranormal activity" and "IT"

literally negative ass

not everyone is a nigger

All movies are holy IMO, I would rather have a movie fall into obscurity than have it be remade for "modern audiences"

where

Cosy in between Siggy's butt cheeks.

next to 3 pipes

you wouldn't welcome a remake of babylon 5?
same story, updated graphics, sets and actually hire actors this time around?

We ought to discuss the bonus situation, I wanna go home and party.

Nah.

Just watch The Thing instead. It's better in every way.

Now you're just being a contrarian because you don't like the fact that I'm right.

No, it's just I know this is gonna be a never ending argument, you're never going to agree with me, I'm never going to agree with you. So why bother?

Man, Alien Isolation is comfy as fuck. Almost wish there were no xeno chasing me so I could take my time and enjoy the atmosphere

It really does capture the beauty of the original film

>alien remake
>full explanation of xenomorphs
>everything is overly lit
>CGI aliens
>200 FPS
>ripely looks like teenage girl
>instead of spacer miners they are Marines as the us militaty gave the studio money to make the Armed services look cool
>ripley defeats 20 CGI aliens at the end to appeal to Chinese market

The effects looks better than the recent movies; my gf was disappointed of Covenant but i made her watch Alien and she got honestly scared of the xeno.
PS: why did they get rid of the sexual factor of the alien?

I doubt cameron and other later Alien directors knew it was supposed to have sexual undertones

you didnt mention her race nor her being mary sue

it's one of those themes they should have kept, bearing the children of rape aliens which will then kill you is a hell of a concept.

They saw h.r. geiger's art work, it's basically all penis. also Face-raping aliens that impregnate you is not something you don't notice when you've been working on a project for as long as a making a movie is.

They scraped Geigers work in Aliens 3, they asked the guy to make some new designs and tone down the sexuality of the ones he already presented but he didn't, and they went and completely ignored Geigers work and had someone else come up with it.
Looking for source.

I think it was on the "making of Alien 3" documentary that came on the Alien Anthology Blu-Ray set

youtube.com/watch?v=DkvzPnODNTQ

i thought so but i wasn't sure, thanks!!!

P U F F Y

It's one of the best movies ever made.

I know it was just pure fanboy wankery but I loved every bit in the game where you got to explore the same or identical sets from the movie

The Fly (1986)