Themes around abusive relationships and toxic masculinity have been a recurring presence since Rick and Morty’s very...

>Themes around abusive relationships and toxic masculinity have been a recurring presence since Rick and Morty’s very first episode, but this season they’ve gone supernova, infecting every aspect of the show, from Rick turning himself into an actual pickle to avoid family counselling to his daughter Beth’s dangerous idolising of her selfish, neglectful father. It’s these raw personal family dynamics that elevate Rick and Morty (and the equally thoughtful Bojack Horseman) above the rest of the adolescently minded animation pack. Without them, it would just be a gleeful gross-out comedy, full of extreme violence, inside baseball genre riffs and fart jokes. But with them it becomes something deeper.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/04/i-loathe-these-people-rick-and-morty-and-the-brilliant-backlash-against-tvs-bad-fans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>toxic masculinity
Fairly certain this is just a term to bitch about men being masculine as opposed to women being masculine which is just seen as empowering.

Hey we should push this. Maybe if we push it as anti-feminist they'll stop worshipping this show. Or the producers will go full feminist and alienate there male audiance. Win/Win

nope. They are different kinds of masculinities (present in a society). Women too could adopt a toxic masculinity (for example an oppressive butch in a lesbian relationship).
Don't worry tho, you are far too beta to be toxic.
Are you really that stupide? That greentext praises the show.

"Toxic masculinity" is a concept fabricated by social Marxists to shame men into doing things that men do (regardless of if they have anything to do with being a man). For example, during the 2016 American election, Donald Trump was slandered by leftists, who said that his actions and opinions embodied "toxic masculinity".
The left expands the definition of "masculinity" to be anything from driving a pickup truck to shooting up a school. Through these mental gymnastics, they equate acts such as owning a gun with rape, thereby shaming gun owners into thinking they are on the same moral ground as rapists.
This strategy is used to shame men into doing what women want because they believe that if they step out of line, what they are doing is equivalent in morality to rape.
This strategy, thankfully, only works on those men already too cucked to think for themselves. Few strong, right-wing men have fallen to these liberal mindgames.

what a dogshit show. i'm glad i never watched it. sounds like the fans don't watch many other animated shows if they're just assuming all other ones are fart jokes.

For you uninformed fags, toxic masculinity is being a pent-up ball of hormones like a sexually frustraded teenager even though you're 25 and already balding, so much so that you feel the need to harass other men/women with blatant and failed exertions of your manhood. Being a Chad and fucking bitches consentually is not toxic and even the mega feminists don't believe it is.

if this trend continues all I have to say is you better be hungry for taco

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>there are different types of masculinities

YIKES

and there way you said this, it sounds more like you believe it than bait.

awwww got bullied at a party once by chad? why wont women appreciate my virtuous masculinity ree

Didn't Rick want the seeds that Morty put in his ass? Does Rick want alternative facts? Is Rick, dare I say it, /our guy/?

back to lefty/pol/, quit trying to get a foothold and trying to get us to accept half of your marxist choplogic

>gleeful

Holy shit, can't have an animated show that's "gleeful".

>inside baseball genre riffs

"I hate it went nerds talk about nerd stuff in their nerd shows. Why can't you talk about relationships more!? Oh, and replace the title characters with those side-character girls. I can't relate to all this guy stuff, in this nerd show aimed at like-minded guys. Make it about daddy issues!"

>there are different type of masculinity
No there aren’t, different traits are viewed in different lights depending on who has them. The fact that feminists say that women having complete control of men’s lives is empowering is proof of that. It’s a double standard.

I can’t even imagine being so self-loathing at the concept of being a confident male.

t. 25 and balding.

>119 reposts
Jesus christ man

>abusive relationships
Rick has actually been consistently dialed back in that regard.

Why doesn't rick burp anymore?

I read somewhere that Justin said it was a pain in the ass to constantly have to burp

>blatant and failed exertions of your manhood

So blatant and success exertions of your manhood are acceptable then? So "toxic masculinity" is just a way of shaming betafags to stay in their place at the bottom of the male hierarchy and let Chad continue to dominate everyone without the inference of constant, inferior competition?

I can get behind this. Nu-males such as yourself need to learn their place.

>yes, master
This is how you shall respond to my commandments from now on, cucklet.

>actor
>complains about having to act

>social marxists
I turned 360 degrees and stopped reading.

I wonder what toxic femininity is to these people

>implying Reddit and Memey even come close to Bojack
That's a fucking insult

Being domineering and chauvinistic is only a trait of masculinity, user.

Being subservient and docile

I already have my definition it.
>Self diagnosing yourself with every illness/sexuality/identity in the book
>thinking you're monstrously wise and always want to chime in with advice on everything (this is why /adv/ is one of the boards with a female majority poster population)

But you're still looking at it. You're still "reading" it.

you know all that shit only exists if you believe in it right?

>social Marxists
stopped reading there.
Next you'll be talking about economic Martin Luther Kingists

>social Marxists
How to spot someone that has been on Sup Forums. I would have accepted pozzed or Killary

>parrots a bunch of shit he heard from somewhere else (I wonder where) thatbhe clearly doesn't understand
>precedes to talk about "those men too cucked to think for themselves"
The fucking irony and lack of self awareness

nope, masculinity is a inherently positive trait, "toxic" masculinity doesnt exist.

But that's a lie.

can really call getting drunk and making fart jokes acting?

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's literally the modern "female hysteria".

>people think family drama is what elevates this show
Fucking retards

nope what you seem to believe is a lie. "Toxic masculinity" is an oxymoron, like "toxic helpfulness", you either are helpful or you are not, if you try to be helpful but make things worse you simply were NOT helpful, you werent "toxic helpful".

>those T-Rex arms

Is this toxic masculinity?

>LITERALLY no response

I would fuck her 2bh but her muscular pusy would break my penis easily.

Men acting stoic rather than wearing their emotions on their sleeve is seen as masculine. Many think that if men were more open with their emotions, the male suicide rate wouldn't be twice that of females.

It's 4x more than females.

stoicism is also a positive trait

women dont want emotional men, the only reason to encourage something like this is to cut down on breeding

based sissy cuck

Acting like a man is offensive you mong

>Jimmy Kimmel overcame his toxic masculinity
>nobody else can tho

This. Try telling a woman you're interested in about your feelings. Watch them recoil in horror.

I think you meant cultural marxists. You're still right, tho.

Hey, shitlord, you're a "bad fan".

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/04/i-loathe-these-people-rick-and-morty-and-the-brilliant-backlash-against-tvs-bad-fans

no surprise when the JDIF pays people to slander right wingers and people who expose their crimes like social marxism conditioning

isnt kind of scary how Kubrick was almost right about everything? "beware the conditioning of human beings by other human beings" and thats exactly whats happening with all this "division"

+1

Women are idiots, they don't know what they want. No woman actually wants to date an emotional man (aka a crybaby).

If you give women the chance, they'll tell you how to act, how to think, how to feel, how to talk, how to dress, what to eat, what to drink, what entertainment to watch, and once you conform to their whims in every way they'll dump your sorry ass because you're now a completely neutered tapwater hormoned numale betacuck.

>stoic
Neither you nor them know what this word means.

>toxic masculinity
Is there toxic femininity or is it misogyny to ponder?

I actually read Marcus Aurelius, you fucking small-souled bugman

There is a misconception about emotions.
Everybody has them (except sociopaths), the important thing is how to deal with them.
I am very emotional and emphatic. I can feel what others feel, doesn't mean you can observe it from outside.
I am very emotional inside, but total deadpan and cold on the outside. It took some exercise but it is like that now.
What i learned from being highly sensitive to other peoples feelings is that it is like a weapon.
Woman manipulate feelings, therefore they manipulate the people.
If you are actually highly emotional and perceptive about emotions you can use this too as a weapon.
AGAINST WOMAN.
And they fucking hate it and fear it.
I sometimes suspect that Woman intentionally keep Men seperate from their emotions so they can manipulate men better.

>replying to yourself

If you follow their mindset than yes its totally fucking misogynist.

But if you accept that toxic "gender" just means pathological behavior or thinking , than sure you must come to the conclusion that Females can be as toxic as Zyklon-B.

eventually, Sup Forums is going to become like neogaf. The left is very good at colonisation.

The door is right there.

>Rick is a neglectful father
>Daughter loves him regardless because she is emotionally insecure

>Rick is afraid of responsibility
>Runs away from it

Name ONE SHOW deeper and more thoughtful than this.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

So get out.

Are you the Kwisatz Haddock?

You first.

even the big bang theory is deeper than that

thats a pretty big assumption.

Also being able to hide your emotions is a rather big part of a working society.

Pure bullshit not backed up by research. Current research suggests that bottling your emotions up is actually more effective at dealing with them than displaying them for all to see easily.

There's a reason men have borne the brunt of shit quietly for years, it's a useful survival trait. As to the suicide rate, there simply aren't as many support systems for men in need. A battered woman has thousands of shelters to access and going to one has no negative stigma, but imagine you get your ass kicked as a dude, where do you turn?

Women are also heavily social creatures, so they are far less likely to have no friends to turn to in hard times.

>reddit and memey
die