It's a good thing that this could never happen in real life because of the Electoral College...

It's a good thing that this could never happen in real life because of the Electoral College. Which was established to prevent people like Luthor from becoming president

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html
slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/12/how_russia_hacked_american_voters.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I feel like he wouldn't be the worst president. He seems like a guy who knows his stuff.

>tumblr_static_7ry0lcvc4u

Take away supes and Lex does some real good.

What would the electorates be like with places like Metropolis, Gotham or Central City in play?
Would you end up with more Republicans or more Democrats?

Only if he stops being obsessed with Superman. Seriously, if he stopped trying to kill Superman, he will grow back his hair, finding a cure for cancer isn't a dream anymore, and the society will be improved.

>He seems like a guy who knows his stuff.
And that is why even Luthor would be a better President than Trump.

Agreed OP. I have some problems with the premise of Dark Reign. Does Bendis really think the American people would be stupid enough to put a corrupt businessman with a super patriotic gimmick and bad hair into a position of power?

What a fucking hack.

Lot more big cities so a lot more democrats. Assuming no other differences between worlds
...besides superheroes

>Osborn is a well-known supervillain, have killed innocent civilians and tried to kill Spider-man and other super-heros.
>get elected as a President

Here's what's really unrealistic though. Notice that in the real world, most people hate Donald Trump, he lost the popular vote. The media hates him, the establishment hates him, many in his own party barely tolerate him.
In the MU however, EVERYONE loved Norman Osborn. The people, the entire media (except for Ben Urich), the government, the establishment, everyone but the superheroes were united in their universal acclaim of an insane super-villain because he shot an alien on national TV. It's impossible to be loved by everyone in this day and age, there will always be a bunch of people against you.

But he's also ridiculously petty and evil. Also incapable of being adequately punished by the justice system. He has no reason to run America well.

Trump didn't shoot the Skrull queen on international television.

I really doubt that would be enough. Obama killed Bin Laden, that didn't stop people from hating him.

even if he did
>Trump shoots unarmed refugee woman of color

Well to be fair he didn't shoot Bin Laden on national TV.

Even then given the extreme partisanship going on in these political parties, Republicans would probably call Obama a murderer and say Bin Laden dindu nuffin.

>Obama killed Bin Laden
you mean he was presented with a yes/no choice to go forward with a plan drawn up by other people after intelligence services located Osama & ultimately carried out by trained soldiers while he sat in a control room watching

But they have literally done that.

>"I didn't support the Iraq war!"
>"These are the same guys that said Saddam had nuclear weapons!"

This will surely be a civil and productive thread about comics and/or cartoons.

Positively.

>Which was established to prevent people like Luthor from becoming president
No, it was established because America was founded as a representative democracy instead of a direct democracy. Even if you're going to insist on pretending to be retarded you could try at least getting some of the facts right.

>the entire media (except for Ben Urich)
That's the most ridiculous thing. Either the right-leaning media would hate him or the left-leaning media would hate him, there's no middle ground.
Kind of weird that Osborn was such a caricature of the Bush Administration yet happened during the Obama era.

Patton, I'm sorry about your wife, but you have to chill, man.

>Accept change
#NotMyPresident

Mhmm.

Christ. Is there a more intolerable cunt in existence than Ben fucking Garrison?

Remy the genius rat chef is more accomplished than Donald Trump.

The electoral college would have nothing to do with it in Lex's case. What would stop him is he'd never get more than 3% of the vote in any state because he ran third party.

>He has no reason to run America well.

Pride. Could you seriously imagine Luthor running a shithole country? Having that on his resume? If for whatever reason he decided he wanted to be president, he'd do a damn fine job of it. Even if he became president for some ulterior motive, he'd still have enough brainpower to do it well in addition to whatever other plan he was scheming.

>you mean he was presented with a yes/no choice to go forward with a plan drawn up by other people
Sooo, just like the Wall Street bailout and Obamacare, everything was actually Bush's fault?
Wow, user. So rare to see anyone telling it like it is... so brave.

I'm liberal leaning and I'd never defend Castro
but then I am Hispanic so

>conservatives
>pretending they care about gay people

Lel.

If you like Trump, whatever, but at least be consistent about it. You can't just pretend to like a group for five seconds a day when you come across a liberal you want to shame.

Before Superman debuted, all Lex ever did was buy up real estate and sell mech suits to the military.

I mean yeah, technically sure.

But if you start playing that game then technically no president ever really accomplished anything. They all just "Gathered the right groups of policy experts/Tacticians who then spent ages drawing up plans based of the research/intelligence available and presented them to the president as a yes no question"

I mean when you think of it that's the scariest thing about trump if you're a progressive. The president doesn't DO shit, It's a system of checks and balances with the executive being a gatekeeper. the teams he surrounds himself with do everything. And trumps cabinet picks are just awful.

It's not fake news. The CIA, FBI and others all say that the Russians did all those hacks and made them public with the goal of getting Trump elected. If you report that, it's not fake news, fake news would be to claim that the Russians hacked voting machines, of which there is no proof.

I didn't even know liberals liking Castro was supposed to be a thing. It's a stupid comic.

In fact, I distinctly recall that Luthor was a decent President during his tenure and was quite popular. It wasn't until he injected himself with kryptonite and went crazy that things went badly for him.

>Hillary is DIRECT responsable for the deaths of MILLIONS and the refugee crisis in Europe

>murrikans still vote for her and most as so stupid they actually believe being "sexist" is worst than BOMBING CHILDREN

huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-sachs/hillary-clinton-and-the-s_b_9231190.html

You guys are a joke and you should be ashamed for almost voting in a woman that wanted the WW3 to start and was declaring a NO FLY ZONE over the fucking russians.

I think it's supposed to be that liberals like communism, which I also don't support at all.

Did she respond to it?

See

The media isn't telling anyone what they actually did was "put Hillary's leaked emails out there", they're making it sound like Russia reprogrammed voting booths or sent an army of fake voters to the polls to push the Trump button.

Well he did kill a lot of people. You could argue that he was the lesser of two evils, but in a political and social climate that densely awful, nobody comes out of such a mugrero looking pretty.

Went too far in a lot of ways, was sorry for some of it, but probably went to the grave unrepentant of a lot of the death he caused in setting up the Castro dynasty.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Dobson is truly a human disaster

Trump was pro-gay before Hillary.

Good thing too because he would still win the popular vote thanks to New York and California.

You guys realize Luthor is like the opposite of Trump, right? Look at his traits

>Extremely intelligent

>Not ruled by his emotions

>Actually makes plans and follows them through

>Actually a successful businessman, not just a daddy's boy who inherited his money

>Is known for inventing stuff, not firing people

>Has never been bankrupt

>Rather than foolishly hating on entire races of people (exhausting and pointless) focuses all his hatred on one dude (much more efficient)

>Average-sized hands

>Gracefully accepts his baldness

Grant Morrison understood Luthor far better than he understood Magneto.

Living the legend. That's us.

>He seems like a guy who knows his stuff.
Well, at least it's not a community organizer whose entire career was 3 years in the senate.

several, hell, two of them were our primary candidates for president this past election

Superman is an admitted illegal immigrant who thumbs his nose at the legal system. Luthor is the president we need to keep him in line.

Magneto is a genocidal hypocrite completely blind to the fact that he's basically Mutant Hitler, which he was in Planet X, what was so out of character there?

supposed to be saying*
What nationality are you, user? Just curious. Cuban? You don't have to say, I know it can get contentious, especially in a thread about this presidential election.

Citation needed.

Trump has been everything and nothing. I don't think Trump actually gives a damn about any of these ideals, he just says and does what's best for him. It's why I don't think he's racist, he doesn't give a damn, he just says things that his base will like.

>the people I know who wanted trump are either racist and/or did it to make other people mad

>I didn't even know liberals liking Castro was supposed to be a thing.

Liking anyone who opposed America in the cold war it's quite normal

Castro has a terrible legacy of blood on his hands, but the misery of his country is product of american economic punishment, and people like Obama or Reagan have way more deaths and human rights violations under their belts than Castro.

He was a terrible dictator, but it's retarded to pretend he was worst than half of the presidents in murrika.

>I distinctly recall that Luthor was a decent President during his tenure and was quite popular.

He got saved by the Imperiex thing. Trying to frame Bruce Wayne was a big fuck up

You mean racist? Or (((racist)))?

The State Department thought it was the result of a Youtube Video AT FIRST, they later changed their analysis once they got more intel.

Not a fan of Trump but I think he's about as racist as a person who laughs at a racist joke(aka normal people). He's not a Sup Forumsack so I'm cool with that.

Is that a good thing though? I certainly don't support Trump, but I won't demonize all of his voters. I will say there's definitely some of his voters that voted because they're racist and believe his dancing around the issue was an implicit support of it on his part. It's definitely emboldened some of them.

You forgot to mention that this admitted illegal immigrant is doing more good for the country than anyone else.

>>Not ruled by his emotions
You're right about everything except this. Luthor's hateboner for Superman often gets in the way.

Sup Forums tier racist

Speaking of Sup Forums, thats all they talk about ever since the elections

When does Sup Forums talk about anything else?

Smallville is where the Real Americans are.

>No, it was established because America was founded as a representative democracy instead of a direct democracy.
You don't know what those words mean. The electoral college has literally nothing to do with representative democracy, and getting rid of it would not be direct democracy.

Liberal definition of fake news: News that is fake.

Conservative definition of fake news: News that triggers me because it's from outside my safe little echo chamber. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, all that matters are my feelings.

Obama had something around a 55% approval rating during the time of the election. Which is actually pretty decent for a president at the end of the second term.

He's definitely not nearly as popular as he was during his 2008-2009 honeymoon period, but he's still pretty well-regarded.

Not that it matters. Soon the true Burger King will ascend the throne.

It's the first one. I live in industrial Michigan and can 100% confirm it's the first one.

You can say it was because "muh jobs", but that is inherently not true. The Obama administration saved most of them from going jobless, especially union workers, but they just plain don't give a shit. The real reason is that they couldn't say nigger in public, anymore.

>The CIA, FBI and others all say that the Russians did all those hacks and made them public with the goal of getting Trump elected

Yeah...and the evidence is that a "lone hacker called rasputin" did it.

It's PROPAGANDA. The CIA, Israel and the Military complex don't want peace with Russia, they want to make americans hate russia so Trump has to go back to traditional hostility instead of being the first president Since Roosvelt that tries to not antagonize them

Honestly I agree with you.

I don't think the man is personally racist. I just think he is an opportunist. Bring him an arab he can make money with and he'll love them, offer him more to lynch the guy and he'd do it.

My issue is that he has no issue using racists to gain power, that's scary.

Righties are fucking obsessed with the Youtube video thing, even though it was a meaningless blip that was disavowed within 48 hours.

I think it's mostly because most conservatives are old and intimidated by anything having to do with the internet, so the thought of a Youtube video having any impact on the world really upsets them.

Here's how I see it.
Liberals have a problem with news that while technically true, leaves out a lot of context or is subject to bias. Giving more attention to the flaws of conservatives and glossing over liberal flaws basically.
Conservatives have a problem with just outright making shit up and calling it news. That's what fake news is.

>from outside my safe little echo chamber
This coming from the side that was 99% sure Hillary would win the election. This is precious.

slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/12/how_russia_hacked_american_voters.html

>So how exactly did Russia hack the election? Well, it didn’t. It hacked us—the voters.

They go about hacked DNC e-mail server (which was Podesta's gmail) and attribute fake news (which were totally only pro-Trump, suuuure) to Russia, but they state it firmly - no voting machine was hacked.

Just like Hillary, then.

President Luthor reminds me of pic related.

Obama's approval rating right now is 57%, which is actually really high for a departing president. Reagan, Clinton, and both Bushes all had lower ratings during their last month in office.

>The real reason is that they couldn't say nigger in public, anymore.
So that's why they voted for the black guy twice?

>It's PROPAGANDA. The CIA, Israel and the Military complex don't want peace with Russia, they want to make americans hate russia

Thank you for making post, comrade. 50 rubles have been deposited in your account. 500 more and you can afford single turnip for weekly supper.

He maintained personal popularity, as he is a good showman, but his legacy is historic loss of Democrats.

Yeah, people mention that Hillary was "out of touch with the white working class", but she mentioned jobs far more than she mentioned anything else. She just lost because she didn't hate blacks and Muslims enough.
What a country!

That citation works completely against your claim.

>Just like Hillary, then.
Not really. I'm pretty sure Hillary's stances have mostly remained the same, she just says different things to the public as time goes by, as politicians do. Trump never has any real stance on anything and will just say what is currently most convenient, even if it contradicts something he said 5 minutes ago.
Both are flawed, but I'd say Trump is still worse.

Spotted the Russian plant.

But you can't deny that certain segments of Trump's voting bloc is racist. Certainly some of the rust belt voted for him because of work, but there's definitely people who voted for him because they feel that white people are superior and they feel modern society doesn't reflect that.

Since the Exxon CEO is Secretary of State now, does that mean Dario Agger will become SoS in the MU?

>The media isn't telling anyone what they actually did was "put Hillary's leaked emails out there",
Actually, that's exactly what they're saying. The headlines may be "Russians hacked the election!" but that's just typical sensationalist bullshit. The articles themselves are not about voting booths, except when covering Jill Stein and Co claiming it was a possibility.

First off, not all of them did, but the ones that did did solely because they were desperate. The recession hit Michigan hard, and it was very apparent to anyone working in the auto industry.

Same reason plenty of people voted for FDR during the depression.

This would be fucking beautiful.

>because they feel that white people are superior and they feel modern society doesn't reflect that.
I'm not sure that's it. It's more that they feel that the plight of poor white people is being ignored while everyone pays attention to the plight of poor blacks, hispanics and gays. White people are still dominant in society, but the people in rural areas don't see that, they see misery. Trump gave them hope that things are going to be better and gave them someone to blame.

People like Obama. They don't like Hillary. That's not his fault. He did the best he could with her but you can only polish a turd so much.

If he could run for a third term, this would have been a very different outcome, given that Obama is much more popular now than when he beat Romney.

They also said they thought Hillary had broken several laws and should be arrested as well as that they themselves would talk to politicians and convince them that she should never come to office.

Agreed. Hillary was an unelectable meme candidate. Sanders should have been the DNC's guy or Biden if he had it in him to run.

Let's try and fill a cabinet with villains and evil rich people from the MU. You know that's what Marvel is going to do now.
How about Viper as Secretary of Commerce?

Yes, I won't demonize all white people like that. I won't say it's us vs. them. Some of them probably do feel that way, but that's not to say that there's not any racist voters who thought Trump is going to put minorities in their place. You can see it all over this site. Sure, some of the comments are said in jest, but there's a lot of people who are dead serious when they say they're an unabashed racist who wants whites at the top.