Anyone know any historical horror/thriller type movies like The Witch, Ravenous, Bone Tomahawk?

Anyone know any historical horror/thriller type movies like The Witch, Ravenous, Bone Tomahawk?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0445939
imdb.com/title/tt0112817
imdb.com/title/tt1181791
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6tfWr891o
youtu.be/fB4VJUMWkEk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dead Birds is okay

The Brotherhood of the wolf

Name of the Rose is really good

A Field in England, sort of.

More of a monster movie than a serious thriller.

The Burrowers.
imdb.com/title/tt0445939

Maybe try the Johnny Depp movie Dead Man.
imdb.com/title/tt0112817

Sleepy Hollow, I guess.

What are some good films set in the 18th century aside from Barry Lyndon?

black death

Good call. Loved that one. Very psychedelic at times.

Reminded me of another Brit one.

Black Death with Sean Bean.
imdb.com/title/tt1181791

Ive been looking for this for ages and forgot the name, thanks. Bracing for disappointment in my memories of it.

it's nothing spectacular but it's a solid 3/5. the movie has a very dark cold grimy feel to it

Wake in Fright

The Village?

Sleepy Hollow was better than it had any right to be. Brilliant cast, low-key effects (except the end), and them titties.

While we're at it, is this movie worth to be watched?
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6tfWr891o

Absolutely.

BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW

Love the title. Love the music. The movie is alright. It's got a creepy, folksy vibe over it.

Thanks for the answer, will do.

Great OST
youtu.be/fB4VJUMWkEk

And I love how fucking bleak the ending is.

Sauna

Season of the witch 2011
Solomon Kane 2009

Valhalla Rising

i seen about 15 movies that fall into this category, and I actually thought to myself like 'shit, this is just like them witch / ravenous / bone tomahawk movies lol. too bad i cant remember any of the names, go on 4plebs /x/ and search opening threads with 'movies' in the text. and spend 20 minutes digging through threads asking for movies, you'll find what you need.

This new movie “the limehouse golem” , haven’t seen it yet so not sure if it’s any good

Agree! I like how calm the whole thing is.

The Crucible

“Crimson Peak” from Guillermo del Toro

While not really"historical" the original Wicker Man gave me the same vibe that The Witch did. Kind of uneasy feeling that things aren't right and will go from bad to worse.

Highly recommend the burrowers. Spooky as fuck

>Ravenous