Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> no Moana: TAS about Maui's adventures
> no episode about how he met Tamatoa, and what caused them to fight

>tfw in the novelization he gets stripped of his shiny

what was the point of this

so, is the novelization worth it?

also, I know realize that Maui and Moana basically left him to die. What if he can't get up?

I haven't read it myself yet. The novelizations of previous films are okay. They're usually just the a simple novel form of the movie plus some extra scenes or dialogue that was finalized but cut for the final film. Sometimes they give more insight into the characters. The live action Cinderella novelization included more detail about the prince being in the war and told some scenes while giving more of his POV, for instance.

to look cool

literally rape

that's actually really sad

unless tamatoa was literally sinking voyagers' ships to get trinkets he's barely in the "villain" category, more just a rival (and story-wise, a foil) than anything

>unless tamatoa was literally sinking voyagers' ships to get trinkets

That's a strong possibility. He was going to eat Moana, and for really no reason other than that she was just there. He probably values building his collection over human life.

Shame the best character got almost no screen time besides to sing the best song

bottom feeders are opportunists by definition, to be fair. she was in his lair and everything

i'd really love to know the lengths tamatoa went to in order to amass his treasure though

Haven't seen the movie, how come the water over his lair doesn't fall?

i think it serves a barrier to keep the monsters of lalotai (realm of monsters/underworld) away from the mortal world. whether it's forced a la zeus locking up the titans or simply just keeping the peace for both parties i have no idea

Why does Sup Forums have a massive boner for Tamatoa lately?

> voiced by jermaine
> catchy song
> flamboyant villain
> a drawfag decides to appeal to anons' fetish

there you go.

Jermaine Fucking Clement.

>that menacing "ooh-ooh-ooh" chant in the background of his song
>the "record player revving up" sound when the 2nd half of the song begins
>"Oh, you CAN run away! You keep surprising me!"
>kicking the shit out of Maui while mocking him for being an orphan

I understand why he only got one scene, as he's a bit player, but you have to admit the character was a ton of fun while he was on screen.

True fact: Coconut crabs are also known as "robber crabs" because they have a tendency to pick up and carry away anything not pinned down, possibly mistaking it for food. So him being a scavenging thief actually makes a lot of sense.

>the "record player revving up" sound when the 2nd half of the song begins

i just noticed that bit when rewatching the scene today, cracked me up a good bit

youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

Well shit, the whole scene is up.

>You can't expect a demigod, to beat a decapod
>Look it up!

Dammit Germaine, your new zealand accent ruined the joke. Still love you though.

Why didn't his leg grow back?

I figure they were friends once, when Tamatoa was less of a monster. They're both thieves and tricksters, it makes sense. Maui probably got after him once Tamatoa got too greedy and started putting humans in danger to get more "shiny."

Flash forward a thousand years, and the "drab little crab" winds up a massive, decadent monster.

haha he ate fish and almost eat moana then she would die with fish

hahaha

Because he'd have to change his shell, and can you see him doing that?

Did he eat his grandmother before or after meeting Maui?

+bowie-esque song

Or some heist or gag went bad and Maui ditched and let tomatoa catch all the fall out

Probably before. Coconut crabs practice cannibalism from birth, so he might have jumped her at any point.

an allegory for black people's penchant for bling and violence

Yes, but now he can be happy as a clam

hello, new favorite reaction image.

In a monster world where nobody gives a damn.... He probably ended up dying on his back.

It's a Disney movie user. He'll be fine.

Did you like the song?

Nah. Eventually the other monsters will steal enough of his treasure that he'll become light enough to flip back over.

The only reason you need to eat something is because you're hungry. She was food walking into his lair. That's a lot less cruel than what humans do: Raise animals and plump them up just to eat them. Moana's entire life wasn't being groomed to be food.

swallowing something whole seems like a pretty bad way to go.

It's a deep sea thing.

Is that a jojo reference?

I love how his back sparkles whenever he says "shiny". They show it from many different angles, but even when he's offscreen, you can notice the sparkle.

Might be another Bowie thing. His Blackstar album had a little secret bits that glowed under black light.

>The only reason you need to eat something is because you're hungry.
Yeah, that's the only reason anyone NEEDS to. But plenty of people and animals do it out of boredom as well.

And it doesn't matter that people farm domestic animals, that has nothing to do with this. Tamatoa is a giant crab that kills people, he's a threat to humans, he's the bad guy.

I bet you're just a filthy coconut crab. How did you even get a computer? Probably stole it.

When you nut but it's still SHINY!

>when you spot a shiny new trinket

cuck

Disney is testing out their software for a future space-themed film.

Mark my words.

I wanna fuck the crab.

I like how he's legitimately scared when he first sees Maui before he realizes he's forgotten how to use his powers.

Nah, he had a tattoo of taking off Tamatoa's leg, meaning it was a heroic feat.
The fact that Tamatoa also knows where the baby throwing tattoo was means Maui most likely showed it to him at some point.

cooool

Kek'd when he temporarily turned into Sven.

A lot of deeper sea creatures glow in the depths. IU thi

>dazzle like a sunken pirate wreck

Maybe ships sank and he raided them for shiny shit. Maybe the sailors somehow survived and ended up in his lair and he ate them.

I want to know what the fucking connection is supposed to be here. They were friends, but he has a tattoo defeating him?

i would love to know his story other than he was mutilated and was a little crab once. Like the colors, the shiny stuff, the monster world, its so interesting.
Like i know it would just make the movie longer for no reason but still.

>I want to know what the fucking connection is supposed to be here. They were friends, but he has a tattoo defeating him?

"I'm going to eat that guy."
"Don't eat that guy."
"Make me."
"Ok."
"Dude, what are you doing, that's my leg!"
CRACK
"Not anymore."

That's really clever, I didn't notice that.

That's boring

Keep in kind Polynesians didn't hqve gold. Most of the stuff on Tamatoas back was sea shells and stuff.

And pearls. And a canoe.
All painted gold.