One Asian character in the entire Harry Potter franchise

>one Asian character in the entire Harry Potter franchise
>her name is Ching Chang
BRAVO ROWLING

>That time Rowling retroactively added a Jewish character over Twitter because of backlash
>Names him Anthony Goldstein
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

>where image??

>no image
Should be a bannable offense

Yes Bravo Bravo
HOWEVER

Good job

Bravo? Not even yellow fever could spice up the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>In a white country who's demographics radically change every 5 years
When she started planning the books chinese people were probably 0.1% of the population

Grow up

>No the Name of the Rose
disappointed desu

Probably goes to Mahoukotoro

>You're a grand wizard Harry!
Jesus Rowling, what were you thinking.

The rest of the Asians, I meant

>boyhood
>frank
>spring breakers

ok now it's too obvious

Why would asian witches frequent a school in England? They have asian schools too you retard.

So why are the Dutch (Germanic) lumped in with the predominantly Romance schools, while Romania (Romance) is lumped in with the Germanic/Slavic lot.

Ching Chang casts Nymphomus Bimbomiss on Hermione Granger.

It's super effective!

>One irish character
>Named Seamus
Bravo Rowling

>boyhood

urgh, i rather watch a HP movie over that snorefest

Ching Chang Poon Tang Rowling

I just assume that Tolkien isn't that knowledgeable about geography. Look at all of South America having to go to Brazil, or Indians and Pakistanis having to go to different schools

Dutch should really go to Hogwarts themselves, if we're not assuming that there are actually a few more magical schools around.

>different picture

>Australians and Kiwis go to America
???

There must be. If the population of the UK is enough to fill a school and we assume roughly similar proportion of wizards to muggles, then the one supposed school that covers India, China, Indochina and Indonesia must be fucking enormous.

>Tolkien
kek

Cho Chang Ho Bang Rowling

Those are just the organized schools. The areas on the map are complete bullshit and not canon.

People from countries without schools probably learn from one person or go to smaller schools, not boarding schools.

>this grade school knowledge of geography

Rowling doesn't strike me as very worldy.
As should Britain's Oceania colonies who had virtually zero relations with America until the mid 20th century.

>no african/arab wizard
really makes you think

why didn't she go to the china wizardry school ?