Let's play a game: Defend him, if you can

Let's play a game: Defend him, if you can.

Hard mode: Without mentioning that he's black.

He's boring.

He's Mexican.

He's a gay twink

Cool costume, cool uncle, and I've always liked legacy characters so cool origin.
I also like characters who feel like they're in over their head but do what they gotta do, and I think it's like that for Miles sometimes.

If I don't mention his race, he's identical to your beloved Peter Parker.

2 points
- Marvel's always reinventing Spider-Man and Miles is the latest in a long line. (Nova, Darkhawk, Ultimate Spider-Man, Kamala is in the same tradition)
- The majority of his appearances have been one writer and if you don't like that writer well then it makes sense. But he's in the Marvel U now which means someone can take him and do great things.

Why would I? Hes fucking trash and deserves the shit he gets

I like the whole "I don't want to be the BLACK Spiderman. I want to be Spiderman." Thing

at least hes not kyle rayner

He did not sell his marriage to the devil

I only like the friendship between him a his best friend.

Also, holy fuck, nice dubs.

And I guess that's the point?

That's gay. Tell him to come up with his own name. Even if he called himself Spider-Guy I wouldn't care, he'll never be Spider-Man though

Why do so many anons see him getting fucked, but don't want him to fuck anything? Dats gey

He does not use contractions.

He's fun when he's paired with Nova.

he didn't steal any bike.

Impossible mode: don't use the words "potential" and "other writer(s)"

How about "Redundant Recluse"?

Fuck

He's a good work...guy

He a slightly different set of powers compared to Peter.

With so many cut and paste Spider-Man clones or alternate dimensions around now, Miles remains unique with comoflauge and OP Venom Blast/Shock.

I'd say he deserves MORE hate, personally.

He's a credit to his people

>They will never put Miles and Sam in a Blue Beatle/Booster Gold style series.

no user, he's "latino". "

>He a slightly different set of powers compared to Peter.

agree, you remember punisher kills the marvel universe? I want to see a Miles venom blasts the marvel universe.

I think I need to know who this even is before even considering defending or attacking him....

Leave than, no one here is going to spoonfeed you.

Bendis' creator pet who is treated with all the tact and subtlty that one should expect from Brian Michael Bendis.

Seriously 99% of the reasons people hate him can be traced back to Bendis.

OP here
I respctfully disagree with you. I think his origin is unimaginative and I don't like it for the same reason that I don't like Silk's. Spider-Man origin was suposed to be like a thunderbolt that never hits twice, or else we would have tons of Spider-People runing everywhere. But surprise surprise there was another spider/the spider has bitten someone else, and this person not only has become spider-something but he's also STRONGER! WOOOAH!
Hell, I love Wally, he's my favourite DC hero, but I HATE his origin.
So I can't hate Bendis burning desire to replace every renowed super hero with a black copy who happens to be stronger, better and whatnot? Hell This fucker wanted to kill Peter just for shits and giggles on his shitty event, and now I have an eternal debt with fucking Dan Slott for saving Pete's neck.
I would apreciate more of this trait if he actually ended a fight without using his venom blast as a "get out of jail free" card.
I guess we have a winner.

>This fucker wanted to kill Peter just for shits and giggles on his shitty event, and now I have an eternal debt with fucking Dan Slott for saving Pete's neck.

yeah dude that's a joke. you're flipping shit over nothing. hell there's at least 2 peter parker books right now anyway.

I like how his sense of responsibility comes from a desire to not be like his uncle.

Welp there's that.

It was a rumour as far as I'm concerned, and one we can't say it's absolutely bullshit since how much fuckery was going down with CW2, with War Machine's death and everything.

See, the problem with that is that Spider-man is alive and is more over.

>Miles accidentally Venom Blasts Spider-Gwen with his dick

it's the only proper way Miles can kill a Gwen Stacy too

he's the victim of a long line of fuck up made by marvel regarding spiderman in TWO separate continuity, starting with one more day. As a result he's become the symbol of all the fuck up and bone headed decision marvel has made.

Peter should have gone into semi-retirement due to fatherhood, while mentoring Miles Morales as well.

Cool costume

And that's pretty much it

His mom is hot and...well...that's all I got.

He didn't get cucked by the green goblin.

He's not annoying. He's actually level headed

He was at least had a better written reason to replace spider-man than than Iron-Girl and Fem-Thor.

>But surprise surprise there was another spider/the spider has bitten someone else, and this person not only has become spider-something but he's also STRONGER! WOOOAH!

Debatable.

Yet....

>I am Spider-Man

HOL UP

>Debatable.
One-touch victory Venom Sting. Invisibility.

There is no debate here.

>comoflauge

Kaine, Miguel, Venom. They are suit features but the result is the same)

>Venom Blast

Spider-Woman, but not horribly broken and unfun

He had some cool original villians (His Uncle, Scorpion Drug lord was cool too). I liked that his Mom was killed by Venom, made him a more interesting character and it kinda sucks that she's back. Honestly, he was way better in the Ultimate Universe and I'm sad that he's done so shitty in the normal one. His bromance with Nova is cool too.

Didn't Peter Parker beat the shit out of him when he came back to life though?

I don't get the broken thing.

It really depends on the villain or if the writer wanted to nerf it for special reasons. But, I don't know. I haven't read miles book since miss marvel crossover.

>Be a goofy kid
>Be in a bad situation
>Have role-model brutally killed
>Have spider themed super powers
>Save people from the same fate
>Attract drama like a magnet
>Suspiciously obtain a convenient spider themed suit

>You are Spider-Man

>Have spider themed super powers
>Save people from the same fate

That fucking monster

He fucking oneshotted Blackheart dude, and the guy had just destroyed the Avengers + Spider-Man, and before that he had beaten an unholy fusion of the Red Hulk, Venom and the Spirit of Vengeance.

Only fucking high tier cosmic entities look like they would be capable of keep going after a Venom Hax.

There is no need to defend him. You should be defending your childish rage instead. What's it matter to you if something you don't like exists?

>He fucking oneshotted Blackheart dude,

Did you read the comic?

He didn't one-shotted black heart. I think black-heart went away.

WE

I liked him in the few Chulk issues he appeared in

MAKE

Then he came back to get KO'd by three more blasts.

No magic, no cunning, no strategy, just touching.

Being a twink doesn't mean you're a bottom. The term twink is only used to describe someone's body type, not their personality or sexual position preference

AMERICA

SNIFF

90% of his appearances are written by Bendis. He gets a pass on that alone.

And then he got hit by a mail box.

Agreed

I could write him well. Please Marvel just hire me back.

Not really if you're not born in latinamerica, you're not really a latino and in the Mexican case Miles is just a filthy pocho real Mexicans don't whiny about im having hard time being a mexican thats why a lot of mexicans hate him

underrated

If they didn't make him a fucking Bendis affirmative action legacy character, he'd be reasonable. Take Ben Reilly out of that Jackal bullshit, put him on a redemption arc by teaching Miles how to be a Spider hero without being Spider-Man.

He doesn't have a clone. Plus Ganke is a better supporting character than anything Peter has had in a decade

He's exactly like Peter Parker accept he whines and complains less than Peter Parker which is a very annoying singular traits that apparently defines Parker at every page sometimes.

Here's the thing a lot of people look at his skin color and they find themselves more critical to find an excuse to hate him. Because they don't want to like brown people. It doesn't mean that you're racist if you don't like miles but People look at miles and they think of him as a Latino african character meanwhile people look at Peter as just a character. Peter gets the privilege of just being a character instead of being labeled a "white" character. What affects how you judge someone.

I guarantee you if Peter Parker was always a Latino / African American from the beginning people would be saying he was boring. The personality is pretty much the same

He's a pretty chill dude with some shit writers.

The only thing wrong with him is the venom blasts and the fact that he's not technically a genius
But that's never stopped kaine or ben from being decent

>hurr durr racism
People look at Miles and see Peter. And since Peter already exists, they see no reason for Miles. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with his race.

>Because they don't want to like brown people.
But Miles is garbage and my top 5 Marvel characters are Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Kamala.

>I can't be racist I have black friends

That's fine
Well you should say the same thing about all spider look alikes and clones such as kane and Ben Reilly
That's not really a personality problem as much as it's "Marvel's putting out too many Spidermen problem"

>If you don't like this character you're RACIST
>But what about these other characters who are of similar ethnicity that I like greatly due to being actually interesting and well-written?
>THAT MAKES YOU MORE RACIST YOU RACIST
Sup Forumsmblr logic

It's actually kinda funny that two literal Peter clones have more distinct personalities than Miles does, now that you mention it.

I haven't really read too much of the comics with miles, why do you think the writers I'm not up to par

>Sperging out for using faulty logic

Before this character's first issue even came out people were mad at him cause of his skin tone, and then it's been proven that he's just black Peter Parker with less whining and people still hate him.

>tumblr boogeyman

>Before this character's first issue even came out people were mad at him cause of his skin tone
I'm pretty sure they were mad because Ultimate Peter was going to be killed off despite there being a lot of loose ends in his story, but hey maybe I'm just retarded.

>Before this character's first issue even came out people were mad at him cause of his skin tone
Because he was slated to be a Bendis character
> and then it's been proven that he's just black Peter Parker with less whining
He bitches just as much, if not more than Peter, and about shit only Bendis would come up with
Because he's a Bendis character
>and people still hate him.
Because he's a Bendis character

You are missing a BIG keypiece to all of this

I think Miles has an interesting personality but you're not really giving him a chance, maybe you might have a few internal biases. I mean kain is really just a edgelord spoderman, and ben is pretty much exactly the same a peter.

>but you're not really giving him a chance
I was reading Ultimate Spider-Man when he was introduced. I read all the way up to the crossover with 616 Peter. I think I gave him enough of a chance.

Did we already do this?

Mile = quiet and caution

Peter = Outgoing and make jokes at you.

>Well you should say the same thing about all spider look alikes and clones such as kane and Ben Reilly
But that's wrong.

Kaine and Ben both have actual, distinct personalities that aren't "They're Peter" to the point you can tell all three apart purely by dialogue even if the artists draws them all the exact same sans heights.

Meanwhile, as you said, Miles is literally just black Peter Parker. There is nothing unique he brings to the table.

>I mean kain is really just a edgelord spoderman
So you haven't actually read anything where Kaine's a central character. Probably because he's white, right? Sounds like you have a few internal biases.

His entire post-redemption design has become an homage to the 90s era of anti-heroes, which is a role he shares with Wolverine and Punisher. Unlike Wolverine who has fatherly obligations and Punisher who has no one to guide his morality, however, Kaine has a singular character (Aracely) who even he's uncertain of his compulsion to help so much. Hell, he's also got a large inferiority complex, getting depressed over becoming Scarlet Spider because he feels he'd never be as good as Ben was.

I'm sorry, what? Miles still quips at his baddies.

He just needs to spend time being mentored by Peter so we can at least get a sense of him earning the mantle of spider-man, I mean what has 616 miles done to be called that? Not a damp thing. Just have Bendis stop writing Jim and let Miles be Peter's side kick for like a year or two.

>and ben is pretty much exactly the same a peter.
I want to slap you through the fucking monitor you dense fucking woman

Oh did the Milesfag enter the thread now? I need a good laugh

Racist prick from Sup Forums demands that a characters very existence be justified.

I demand that Sup Forums justify their own existence.
Protip: CAN'T BE DONE.

But to answer the question: Because a person existing isn't something that requires justification. And a character being made in a comic in a country that has free speech doesn't require justifying to NeoNazis who won't stop trolling Sup Forums with the same threads every day.

Fuck off Bendis

Didn't Peter pass the torch after he beat Green Goblin? Or is it that time he beat Blackheart when the entire Avengers team couldn't? I don't know which one is the one that counts.

Wow.....so Sup Forumsmblr is real

Well there's a few things I want to point out in this post but let me wrap it up real quick.

First off Kane really is a bit of an edge Lord Spider-Man considering that somehow they created a character even more depressed and begrudgingly then Peter already was.

If you want to talk about character arcs I enjoy how miles doesn't go on about his guilt "Uncle Ben" and "responsibility" every time he has to lift something heavy unlike peter. It made sense that Miles wanted to stop being Spider-Man when his mom died for a while. He bounces off of Ganke very well and can have a friend that doesn't turn into a villan. He's a bit more quiet and cautious. It's a bit difficult to go on and explain an entire character in a few sentences but it seems more like you see miles as black Peter Parker rather than seeing miles is just miles.

Also trying to pull
>Probably because he's white, right? Sounds like you have a few internal biases.
and turn it around doesn't work when its out of context.

Comebacks take a little more effort than copy paste