"I have Eileen, and you have--"

>"I have Eileen, and you have--"

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/40413949/#40424662
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/USEYh3ImLFoKbeF8HOa8DsaiCDD1CccumTlubQp7byH/folder/W31aN2p0RV-JWu1FonxXyg?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&mgh=1
burritodetodo.tumblr.com/post/154743110089/sorry-to-be-that-guy-but
youtube.com/watch?v=hFYtg4G4tSw
youtube.com/watch?v=Uimuwd0kX9g
youtube.com/watch?v=YKRIOwVWKKg
thewrap.com/cartoon-network-oks-2-more-toons-5157/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Friend who has shown to be antisocial and all around prick ends with gf and better of in the end with more socially aware and responsible friend
Was this planned or did they just realize how much they made Mordecai into a loser and stuck with it?

I think when they started trying to give at least 1% of focus on Rigby becoming a character beyond "STOP TALKING!!" and being the character that made things go wrong for an episode to exist, they realized they could try to make his character "mature" and go from what he did to what he is now.

You can argue whether or not he actually matured but they treat it like that in the show, and I think by the middle of Season 5 they had the idea to have him gradually "mature" more than Mordecai, who was in a rut he couldn't get out of, which might be why his lady troubles continued for so long and they went through the trouble of having so many episodes dedicated to it, one after another, to get through the message he was really focused on this one aspect in his life. This helps with how Rigby was telling him episode after episode that he needs to be "not such a dumb baby" about it, saying to chill out. He even smacked Mordecai once because it was getting on his nerves (but it was played comedic)

It's especially obvious in the Dumped at the Altar episode where they didn't even tack anything nice on like in the scene I made the OP, where he says "...me!", just him saying it'll be alright and they should just enjoy the rest of the party. It just ended with him still being depressed, and Rigby getting the final victory announcement. This could've numbed if he said something like "I'm here for you", which he is, but they ended the episode on Rigby being in the better situation and Mordecai not feeling any better about it. His last lines were "OK I get it, you have a girlfriend and I don't. Quit rubbing it in."

Nobody >>> Eileen

I was thinking this too but I wasn't going to make another post yet.

Excluding my personal preference that she's annoying and has that forced vibe a lot of the time, the problem with their relationship is that Eileen sees Rigby as a project, I think her voice actor or someone else described that before they were confirmed a couple (back when it was just eileen after rigby), and that the reason she hangs around him is because she knows he can do better than how he acts. She doesn't love him for him, she wants him to better himself. This partially excludes the high school story because she never even knew he didn't graduate, but he did do it for her because he worried she's too good for him. She does say she doesn't care he failed, but she's never actually been blunt about modelling him to her aspects either.

It just kind of feels like she uses him in a way, but it's hard to explain. She does get fed up with his antics at times, antics which we've known him for since the beginning, as if that's not OK and he needs to change. It's focused on sometimes but this season she's mainly just there for a line or two, maybe a joke, something like that. Before whenever they focused on her beyond "I work at the coffee shop", it was about her and Rigby, usually.

I figured in whatever year it was Season 4 was running that whoever Mordecai got with, Rigby would end up cheating with, and their friendship would strain. They kept implying their friendship would end sometime but it never did, the movie was a cop out. If Mordecai doesn't go evil in the series finale I'll be disappointed.

Her VA is a storyboardist

So yeah, eileen's a forced self insert

JG said she wasn't planned to come into space but whatshername pushed for it by making her funny and JG said "yea, we got to figure out some way to get this funny character with them!".

The annoying eileen fags got what they wanted by her not being gone for the whole final season but they still complain how she isn't doing anything important and get pissed at JG for getting their hopes up that she would be special.

Everything is leading up to the movie. Mordecai will join Anti-Pops for some reason in one of the final 4 episodes, Mordecai and Rigby will fight and one or both of them will die, something will happen to undo it.

Or they'll try to make a twist and it's Rigby who joins Anti-Pops. It seems like they'd never join the bad guy but Future Mordecai damn well knew Ross' intentions and did it anyway. He helped kill everyone at the park, was all for fucking up history's timeline, and was probably sucking Ross' dick in his spare time.

The only evidence that suggests things won't turn out the same is Future Mordecai's speech to Present Mordecai about how he sold himself out, had no friends and no family (probably killed them too but they didn't elaborate, he might've just cut ties), and that he climbed the evil corporate ladder for nothing, which made Present Mordecai even less to join a dark side.

Still though, it'd be interesting to see because they even placed the Space Tree from this season in the background of the movie and never once mentioned it, and no one in the space tree showed up, so it's like the timeline is completely falling into place.

>over half the show is rendered pointless (opinions disregarded) because mordecai doesnt get with anyone in the end

>Everything is leading up to the movie.
This, it's all but promised. I'll be assblasted as fuck if it doesn't turn out even sorta like what they seem to be doing. Shit like Rigby wearing a fake handlebar mustache in this season and saying "this might be a good look for me" is so blunt.

I hope JG gets blacklisted in the animation industry

Good
Mordecai doesn't deserve love, that cunt

I love Eileen!

So I've avoided Regular Show like the plague since probably the second season, my main reason being how formulaic every episode was and how most of the jokes fell flat for me. That said, the meta direction they've moved in really interests me, and I feel like RS has evolved into something much more up my alley; would it be worth it to catch up to now, and would I need to watch every episode?

a penis

You could just skip like the 2nd or 3rd season and just jump in.

One of the very few things making me not as interested in catching a new episode of the show.

Nah
Unless you actually want to watch episodes where Mordecai fails at human interaction

Those were some of my favourites. He makes awkwardness an art form.

Funny i liked RS because of how formulaic it was.

>Unless you actually want to watch episodes where Mordecai fails at human interaction

Sounds like I would enjoy this. Which episodes?

While I don't necessarily WANT to watch that, would it be wrong to say it's important for Mordecai's character development?

Yea, I knew what I signed up for and I'm glad it stayed that way for the longest time.

He doesn't directly develop really until maybe the end, but it's fun sometimes, and if you're actually all for the "WHO WILL IT BE???" element, it was more fun for the time that it was going.

Everyone knows now he won't get with anyone, CJ was written off and Margaret said they'd just be friends. Even if neither of these things happened JG wouldn't shoot himself in the foot picking one over the other because they both have dedicated fans and he already focused on it too long for it to be a good ending for the loosing side.

Does anyone remember back when Bad Kiss leaked and a pissed of Turner employee tried to make everyone hate the show by giving wrong details about the episode? Found something about it on desuarchive but it was just someone referring to him and I can't find the actual posts.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/40413949/#40424662

Guys please explain what's happening. Was that Christmas episode the last episode? Is there not going to be a resolution to anti pops?

Hiatus, the series finale is in January and it's seemingly a 4 part (11 minutes each) ending. Kinda sucks that they're all separate episodes.

pic related

the music in this scene was the almost exactly the same as in the movie's opening, could've been the same if the soundtrack was finished at this time, which it probably was

>inb4 it airs on a saturday

I understand why people don't like Eileen, though I also think most people could stand to lighten up with stuff like that, but I really like the result of her being in space with Rigby. It's really bittersweet for Mordecai and I love it.

I can't take lasers seriously. The sound isn't intimidating, it doesn't look like it hurts anyone unless it shows drastic lengths to get the point across like an arm blow up or a head explode, and the gun usually looks too fake.

>Everyone knows now he won't get with anyone

Somehow I think it's good there's no more relationship drama, but fuck did JG write himself into a corner here. I powered through the Mordecuck episodes because I was hoping he'd find SOMETHING other than being lol forever alone.

Shouldn't CN have press articles out for the series finale by now? Adventure Time's measly little miniseries that airs at the very end of January and into February already has coverage and promotion out meanwhile the series finale of RS hasn't been the focus of any press releases. It also should be airing well before that miniseries.

AT even has some press photos of the first episode of the miniseries.

>tfw you'll never be 23 again

I just want to go back to a few years ago before I knew when the show was ending, and it felt like a breath of fresh air when a new episode premiered.

Ever since Season 7 it's just got tense vibes.

Havent watched this shit in awhile. Thinking about picking it up in the space arc. How good is it?

Hit or miss, it starts out alright, then gets pretty decent, then it gets rocky. We're currently waiting to see if the payoff is worth it.

You're in for a wild time when Pops gets Thomas'd

Dude, haven't you been paying attention? CN hates Regular Show. Like a lot. Like I haven't seen this kind of snubbing from a network towards a once absolutely beloved show in fucking years kind of hate.

Got a link to this season? Might as well grind this shit when I get home.

Updates after a 1080p Itunes rip is out.
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/USEYh3ImLFoKbeF8HOa8DsaiCDD1CccumTlubQp7byH/folder/W31aN2p0RV-JWu1FonxXyg?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&mgh=1

I'm not the guy who runs it.

For the final episode threads I'm going to try to have every episode on Mega in both 1080p and 720p (if not, just 1080p), because linking so many Amazon Cloud Drive links sucks, so many episodes split up into volumes and that's like 13 links or something.

Enjoy.

YO. SERIES FINALE CLIPS ARE OUT BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE. PROOF:

burritodetodo.tumblr.com/post/154743110089/sorry-to-be-that-guy-but

CJ should win the Mordebowl

Aw, Pops tries to Wander it up by trying to talk Anti-Pops off his evil horse, and he gets fucked up because of it.

That's sad. Pops suffering has gone too far.

FOUND THE SERIES FINALE CLIP
youtube.com/watch?v=hFYtg4G4tSw

Pops sure is a pussy

>>Watch the All-New episode Thursday, 11/17 @ 8/7c on Cartoon Network!
wow that's completely wrong

maybe they meant the 17th on january? but that's a tuesday...

episode looks good though i guess

>his signature is the newly mastered one from the recent episode
Hey that's pretty nice.

Also "we'll be with you every step of the way" is the cliche "they're about to get separated" ordeal.

2 MORE CLIPS YOU GUYS
youtube.com/watch?v=Uimuwd0kX9g
youtube.com/watch?v=YKRIOwVWKKg

CN'S GOING ALL OUT ON SPOILERS

3 CLIPS MEANS THERE'S GOING TO BE A BOMB OF LAST EPISODES ALSO SO FUCK CN FOR THAT

Blue is the least attractive color on a male. Poor Mordecai never had a chance.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YKRIOwVWKKg
>that eileen focus
It's exactly like that bullshit in the Christmas special but worse. Also god damn Rigby way to fuck with Pops.

Eileen was the worst thing to happen to RS

This and the "STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!!" reenactment from Can You Ear Me Now have my spine cracking and my stomach turning. Eileen was alright in the first batch of seasons but when they made her the secondary funny and quirky girl it really got old quick, especially by the Meteor Moves episode.

Also Minty has the most grating voice I've ever fucking heard in my life.

>Like I haven't seen this kind of snubbing from a network towards a once absolutely beloved show in fucking years kind of hate.
It will never beat Korra levels of snub

you keep saying that it might be true one day

>tfw your friend became an artist douche and left for douche reasons

Wow, they are really pushing this are they

It's surprising that they don't air the series finale on a December day where everyone is busy with family and won't care about cartoons

SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY SEXY

Korra was never beloved, so fuck off. And Nick has done worse to non Korra shows, so 0-2

Hey dude, I thought you guys wanted more Eileen in the show, dude

She's a cool character, you just gotta like Minty's- I mean her sense of humor

>the problem with their relationship is that Eileen sees Rigby as a project(...)

I dont care for eileen and i have not seen the latest season, that said i dont know where did you get all that, the only "proyect" i can remember eileen doing was when rigby wanted to get buffed so he can pass a phisical test for the park and that was something rigby wanted to do and she just help him. Also everyone gets fed up with his antics, there's not one person in the show that didnt wanted to punch him in the face at some point in time, and many of them actually did it, they still like him anyway.

What im trying to say with all of this that you may be proyecting.

J.G. is the coolest guy. Laid back, has a great nostalgia sense, and he had to train himself to yell for Mordecai's role because he's just that chill.

He's made some rough decisions for the show, but everyone usually agrees Seasons 1 and 2 were amazing. I personally believe all of the seasons to be amazing up until 6-8, where they were still really good but had abundant flaws, some really bad but most just noticeable. He really held on for a long time keeping it quality.

By extension, I think Mordecai is one of the coolest characters in any cartoon I've seen, with the clumsy side of him being very enjoyable. Can't go wrong with his slick design.

I can't blame him for being nice to the crew members and letting Minty have her self insert be more prominent, the dude's just a nice guy and treats everyone as an equal, for better or worse.

Would like to shake hands with him one day.

Eileen was planned from the beginning. Lewis just pushed her to not be another stereotypically dork character by actually making her competent and capable in social situations.

It's just that t5hey never gave her her flaws any focus.

She still a cute though.

I'm not pissed, just disappointed. Same goes with how the show treated their female characters in general. But it makes sense that the smartest of the main characters would go into space as well.

He only does it when push comes to shove with a girl he likes. Stop making it sound like he can't talk to anyone.

*Might be

Eileenfags pls

He's referring to this.

Keep in mind this was early in the show's run, second or third season. It is not known what was planned at that point. I do think however that the idea that Eileen is trying to improve Rigby shines through.

You completely missed my point on purpose right? Just ask for a source like a legitimate person instead of Eileenbot 1.0.

It's not just a click away to find the source so I've never bothered trying because either people know it and keep scrolling or they're the Eileenfags who don't and will focus on that one issue to prove their point that "being eileen is suffering :((("

The best thing I can tell you is that I'm sure it was Calvin Wong who said it. You can dig and dig and dig all you want.

Ignore what I said about the source because its here- but yea, Eileen fags are fucking painful.

>Eileen fags are fucking painful.

Recently, I have seen more people bitching about Eileen in the most obnoxious way.

Hi, is there a way to mute users on Sup Forums?

I would like to mute the guy who spams threads with endless inane conspiracy theories about Minty Lewis somehow puppet mastering the show and annoying complaints about her completely gradual ascendance to main character status.

Same guy, every thread, creepy.

"hey it's not one guy, it's totally a TON of people who totally have this same extremely specific opinion!"

>literally everyone on the crew is sucking minty's clitoris

>I'm so tired of this guy talking about one of the only legit complaints about my waifu and her voice actor, she's perfect in every way and if you can't see that I.. I'm just... going to mute you!! Where's the mute button on this thing??? Ugh Tumblr has a block button WHY DOESNT THIS?

It's not like the staff isn't aware of it. Owen Dennis was publishing unofficial commentary with other storyboarded on his Tumblr every now and then. One of them had Minty, and he was kinda teasing her about Eileen is just too perfect.

I think eileen is a mary sue and might also be a self insert, but i just didnt get where did that user got all that stuff of rigby being a proyect for eileen, to me it sounded really weird, something akin to when i read about how tumblr said that lars from steven universe was transgender, i just didnt get it, and now i kind of want to know the logic behind that.

It's all based on:

Been canceled.

this fucking post

She's very cute and very smart.

I don't know why Eileen is the exception on Sup Forums where the rule is if it has tits or eyelashes you'll fuck it.

wrong image

That poor woman

Aren't torrenting and streaming distinct?
The whole format wars thing is dumb because at any given time there's always at least 2 different major formats
What they should have done is make the two major formats in opposition instead of just saying "all the old formats are good, the newest one is bad"

She did it with consent, with her husband.

It's not consent if she's drunk.

After a few pictures of her they'll just leave.

My favorite animated best friends will never say goodbye to each other.

Again, not an eileenfag, but from what im getting here is that people got angry at something from the internet rather than something that was shown in the cartoon, which i guess its the reason i was so confused.

I was referring to something at the core of the show, a writer, and how what he said does reflect and come off from what's in the show. It's called subtext, which is almost always an opinionated thing, but a lot of people see it the way I do, a lot of people see it the way you do (not there), so if you don't agree the best I can do is explain my reasoning so you either do see it my way or you don't, but if you do that doesn't change literally anything.

Eileen posters are annoying though because in spite of it all, her cuteness and quirkiness rules over anything annoying she might do, which even if it is opinionated as well, it's really fucking strong if you do feel that way.

Usually though it's quirkiness = annoying.

RS characters are too cute. Shame the girls never were fleshed out much.

I wouldn't be surprised if in about five years, one of the storyboardists shit talked her

It's opinionated and retarded as well since I have seen more people whining about her rather than praising her.

You have become far more annoying than any Eileenposter of -fag.

I believe the RS crew takes a 'Bros Before Hoes' approach when it comes to character development

Post any and all fluffy mordecai and rigby pictures you have.

>best I can do is explain my reasoning so you either do see it my way or you don't

Well... could you explain it? Becouse to me it sounds like you just find the caracter annoying and you're trying to rationalize your anger.
The only episode that i can remember where she asked rigby something he didnt want to do was at the end of dumptown usa, almost the end, where she makes him go to a new restaurant, thats the closest i remember her trying to mold him, otherwise she's portrait as nice or as a doormat. Also, in the same episode, she realises that rigby was kind of a shit deal and dumps him, that could have been a caracter turning point where she gets more controling but she keeps getting portrait as a doormat anyway.

So whats the logic here? That she uses reverse psychology to change him or something?

THE TEARS BEGIN TO FLOW
thewrap.com/cartoon-network-oks-2-more-toons-5157/

also
>horrorbots
lol

>how the show treated their female characters in general
haha how do you feel that margaret was going to be nude?

Is Regular Show the only cartoon where the avian characters have full beaks?

Spoilers leaked hardcore.
Mordecai does join anti-pops and Rigby shoots them both. You can also see a dead Benson.

What will JG do next?

fuck pancakes, bacon is the only acceptable food at all