Dr. West ain't gonna like it

>Dr. West ain't gonna like it

Did they really think their audience would get that reference?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NOcRIHiRtc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnzST4L7xRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their audience is 20-something manchildren, so yes.

>implying you arent one

It's not a very obscure reference.

You got it, didn't ya?

>manchildren
Also:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NOcRIHiRtc

This was the episode that made me drop the series.

Lets be honest here, how many 20-something manchildren have actually read anything by Lovecraft instead of just watching the Southpark episode with Cthulhu?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnzST4L7xRQ

What's your favorite Lovecraft story? I'd have to go with The Shadow Out of Time.

>mfw SU is in the same universe as the re-animator

Now if only Lars would get attacked by a reanimated cat.

Only about halfway through the complete fiction right now but so far The Temple has been my favourite, loved the claustrophobic feel and that ending; runner ups would probably be Herbert West and Sweet Ermangard.
I honestly don't see why Call of Cthulhu is one of Lovecrafts most famous works, I mean it's not bad or anything but it's certainly not one of his strongest works.

>pretending cartoons have never before referenced shit that only their parents might get
Not every reference needs to be "gotten". I guarantee you exactly zero (0) children watching this went "BUT WHO WAS WEST???".

Have you read The Moon Bog? I listened to an audio book of it and liked it quite a bit.

Yup, that was a pretty good one, hell, a lot of Lovecrafts smaller scale stories are pretty good, I mean his cosmic horror stuff isn't bad but I think he really nailed the idea of there being strange things hidden in the corners of the world more than the interdimensional god beings.
Though he does sometimes mix both to great affect, The Music of Erich Zann was great.

His dream stuff are his weakest works in my opinion, I mean The White Ship was alright but holy shit Dreamquest was such a trudge to get through.

Yeah, colour out of space was way cooler than the cthulu stuff imo. Listen to it on an old timey audiobook on youtube for mac comfey.

Mountains of Madness has always been my favorite for size and ambition, but for sheer creep factor I have to go with Shadow Out of Time or The Thing on the Doorstep. Body horror and body stealing entities creep me the fuck out.

I think it's because it's a solid story that just enough vanilla that it appeals to a wider range of people.

and it's more comprehensible without needing info from the surrounding fiction.

Colour out of space was my favorite.

Didn't help that the grass in the little dog park near my apartment turned a sickly grey soon after I read it.

BIG FRIEND GET OUT.

IIRC, I was more distracted by the Dr. Gero reference.

Raven and Paul are both horror movie fans

No, I lent my Lovecraft book to a friend, since I was reading something else at the time, and it disappeared before I got a chance to read it.

Why? I rather liked the episode.

????

My uncle was editing some film across the hall from the Reanimator guys. Stu and the editors posted all the notes they got from the MPAA outside the door as a badge of honor.

Tons of cartoons have jokes/references aimed over the heads of the target audience.

Rats in the Walls or Lurking Fear for horror.

Dream-quest of Unknown Kadath for pure pre-Tolkien fantasy.

This is now a Lovecraft/Cosmic Horror in cartoons/comics thread. Share your favorite Lovecraft story and other horrors of his Weird Fiction circle, argue about his racism, and other references.

No more posting of Steven Cuckingverse beyond this point.

His name is on one of the rooms

I don't remember a Dr. West in that episode.

I did. Don't lower me to your level.

I know it's not super favorably regarded as great but The Thing on the Doorstep is my all time favorite, mostly because a tragic friendship story always gets to me.

>cuck

The one where the existential horror is that the narrator is a Black GUY!

It's also a pretty well known movie and I believe Kanye did something with it fairly recently as well.

It's currently in the public consciousness at some level.

Horror in the Museum is probably my favorite.

No, it wasn't the narrator it was the narrators friends wife and it was described with the same amount of shocked horror as the fact that her hair was both alive and murderous.

Most of the kiddies wouldn't but us older folks who remember Re-Animator will.

There are a lot o references like that in SU. It's fun for the whole family.

Dr. Gero works in that hospital.
>Dr. Gero
>Patient 20
It's funny because he turned himself into Android 20

Wow, I'm shocked they didn't get sued.

I read the one where the guy was time-traveling through NYC and that was enough Lovecraft for me. Same with The Jaunt and Stephen King.

>sued
It's a name.