Blader Runner2049 spoiler discussion thread

Did Joi really love him or was she programmed to?

Is it confirmed Deckard was a replicant????

Was Deckard really programmed to fall in love with Rachel or did Jared Leto just say that to tease him?

So how did they have a baby?

Did Joe die at the end?

Overall I really liked the movie
9/10
only I thought the ending in the firs movie with "tears in rain" was much more emptional.

What did the snow mean at the end of the movie?

In the first movie, it was raining
in the second one it's snowing
bit this tome there is no emotional dialogue at the end. what it means?

why are the head sizes so different?

Sexual dimorphism.

good to know it's an instant classic
I always thought everybody was too old and boring in the original, I gather ey've tightened it up and increased the sex appeal? Are the sex scenes convincig? I know it's too much to expect unsimulated intercourse from Hollywood just yet but is the libido properly fooled?

I loved the film but it felt like it was trying to set up a sequel a bit too much

she was a hologram idiot

It's Blade Runner for the Millenial generation.

The ideia that we are all somehow special, and that we're all meant for greater and bigger things. Joi is a wonderful, caring loving entity, but she's also a manufactured product created to instill self-worth into lonely depressed men. To egg them into thinking they can be bigger than they are.

I specially love the scene near the ending with the Joi billboard. That's Joe realising that his sense of self, and identity, was falsely created by himself when he fell in love with an artificial product whose entire purpose was to tell him what he wanted to hear. And she did her job perfectly, so he decides to do his too .

>Are the sex scenes convincig?
there are no sex scenes

it cuts to the next scene before the sex starts because we don't need to see that sonce we are not virgins

Haven't watched the movie, please tell me everything!
I'm gonna watch it this weekend.

oh so you're saying there's no point to the remake at all
>we are not virgins
yeah yeah we believe you

so who is the big cameo that is supposed to be a surprise

good one user

I never actually thought about this but you are right,
it was Joi that made Joe feel so special all the time

he would not have done any of that worhout her whispering good things into his ear all the time

rachel's CG version which was fucking the best CG actor I have ever seen

seriously it looked fucking real

that star wars CG is garbage compared to CG Rachel

>tfw no upbeat 3D holo gf

why does it have to be this way brehs

Glossy.
Also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

>Sean Young JUSTed so Rachel died at childbirth
Can't take this seriously.

Just got in
Gosling is so good in this it's unreal

There were a few twitches of the mouth and nose that threw me off, but pretty good

those who havent seen it and want to shit on the parade will say its bad, those who have seen it will say its good

I know Jared Leto gets meme'd for his pretentious off-camera shenanigans but his acting in this movie is fucking brilliant on high level.

Are there any niggers in this film?

It's scary how artificial intelligence can create such a big illusion to humans if they someday reach a high level

Joi had so much influence on Agent K's actions
and it was all programmed

We are just all jealous of his world conquering penis.

He's a good actor.

He has like two scenes and is for me the best performance in it outside of Gosling, who is in virtually every scene. So fucking menacing.

5 I think

don't say nigger though, it's offensive

Holy shit someone name is actually joi? This whole time I thought u were talking about jerk off instruction

What were those floating clicking pods around Jeto? Are they cameras to help him see?

I thought the character he created for this movie was very unique

It really wasn't diverse enough. Literally everyone was white. That one guy from Captain Philips (I'm the captain now) has a role, but it's as some shitty junk dealer. There weren't even Asians.

At most Ana de Armas, but she's white as hell.

>character is named JOI
>she never once says "You're such a good boy, cum for mummy. That's it, get all those cummies out, mummy loves you so much."

Wow, for a blockbuster film that's pretty low. How did they get away with it?

watch the movie faggot
she literally gives a JOI

There's the guy at the orphanage who conveniently runs off just ass K needs to look around

yes

>humans live happily after
>replicants suffer and die
What do they mean by this

OP asking hard questions.

It was implied
also why are videos with actual penises still labeled JOI? I just want to see a single mom with bags under her eyes talk dirty to a camera, is that so much to ask?

With digital blandness being the norm Deakins could not make the overworld look anything close to the original. Music is the weakest point of the movie, distorted Vangelis’ samples that fizzle out into nothingness. That being said, a lot of care has been taken to flesh out the world, be it through weather change or street views. I’d say that part of the movie succeeds where another attempt to expand the universe fails – namely almost everything having to do with the Evil Corp, its comic book villain founder(?) and The Revolution brewing. It’s just awful, horrendous piece of shit narrative that anyone independent from the focus group and anyone not named Ridley Scott would excise from the tape like the cancer it is. Of all of franchises he helped reach critical acclaim, this is the one where Harrison Ford’s presence isn’t just a death knell but something that can be swallowed without much fuss. It’s where his acting almost looks like it wasn’t phoned and there’s a “reunion” scene that made his subplot worthwhile. Gosling is a severely limited actor that just about passes as the protag, Sean Penn’s wife is okay, most of the side cast is okay, Fem Terminator is great, whores are good. I liked the weightiness of the action scenes, whomp factor the iconic gun posesses but as with every blockbuster there are just too many callbacks for it to develop its own voice. Apart from the drones and the real virtuality very little new narrative ideas were presented and cyberpunk is a dead genre precisely because Descartes told all it needs to be said about the identity problems it presents, some 400 years ago. And it’s not a cyberpunk movie anymore, now it’s post apoc leaving enough plotlines for the space opera sequel, hopefully without aliens. I don’t think anyone with half a brain would bother discussing the nature of replicants, “who’s in the right” and all that jazz. It’s more braindead than T2 lore and it should not be developed lest you get Blade Runner Reloaded.

>devoid of ideas

welcome to cyberpunk

>without charm

welcome to CGI

>existentialism

fag

>AI is a hot topic

if you visit /r/futurology. AI stopped being discussed by serious people after singularity was outed as a scam, a decade ago.

>Getting close to the ending, can see what's going to happen even though I don't want it to happen
>Brace myself emotionally
>It starts happening, can hear people crying around me
>Nah, I can tough it out
>mfw that music plays

Cubans aren't white, nigger.
t.Cuban

I didn't get the ending with ryangosling chilling in snow.

/r/ is a fucking requests board you absolute fucking retard. Why would I go there when Sup Forums and /sci/ are the correct ones?

user, I...

THIS MOVIE WILL CHANGE THE WAIFU CULTURE FOREVER !

Yeah because it was static for most of the time, whenever mouth moved it was clear it's cgi. I would prefer if they stopped using these shots in big movies

Well at least you are no redditor user

Just the thought that nothing he ever had in his entire life was real, but in his last act he helped make something else real, the whole idea of "there's nothing more human than dying for a good cause". Just like Batty figured out what it meant to be human, I feel Joe figured it out too.

Cheap signaling for emotional scene. a very dishonest practice among hacks
see jeff nichols and thomas vinterbergs films for some of the biggest examples

>there's nothing more human than a real human bean

All I know now is that I just want to live long enough for Joi to be a real thing.

Oh and if Deakins doesn't win an oscar for this there is no justice.

No
No
Intentionally ambiguous
Rachel was a special replicant
No

>That soundtrack that was literally just a race car revving it's engine
That shit was a fucking master stroke, I fucking came whenever I heard it.

>Joi spends the entire movie doing to K what she was manufactured to do: Fill up the affection and companionship hole in the hearts of lonely men so they can be more productive
>K decides to misinterpret her as a being capable of actual love, and uses her projection of him to give an identity to himself
>In the end, he meets up with a different joy who refers to him as an "Avarage Joe"
>K's identity was just that of a normal avarage replicant. He was so focused on himself, he truly started to believe that he was somehow a chosen one

This movie was fucking great

to be fair if you had the literal implanted memories of the actual chosen one, you might be confused too.

Notice the soundtrack. IIt's "Tears in Rain". Joe never had anything genuine in his entire life. Even his singular identity as Joe was something created by his own ego and mirrored by Joi, whose entire purpose was to act as a loving supportive girlfriend to lonely men.
In the end, he realizes he's not special and he truly has nothing, but by saving Deckard, he can leave a mark in the world.
Everything he did will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

I really liked that part about the movie

how Joi manipulated K inconsiously

Everything Joe did will be lost in time,
like snow melting on his hands.

Blood stains snow.

She was literally what he wanted to see and hear. K was desperate to be something higher, to have soul and a bigger purpose, so she spent their entire life telling him exactly that. That he was special and meant for great things.
In the end, when it turns out that he's a nobody. A red-herring that history won't remember, he at least manages to make a difference by saving Deckard.
The movie took the "Tears in the rain" monologue and made it the entire plot: What if your entire existance was for nothing? What if you have no purpose, no future and everyone you like is either artificial or dead?
K, like Roy, saved Deckard because that way, they both could at least leave someone behind that would remember them.

Reminder anyone praising the soundtrack is either a shill or knows nothing about music. There is no other option

Anyone implying it isn't better than the original is a contrarian INTJ.

II really wish they could've fit Blade Runner Blues in there somewhere, but I get where they were coming from.

The soundtrack was supposed to sound oppresive and overwhelming, because that's the way Joe saw his own life. The only time it reverts back to the classic style is in the end, when Joe finds his own resolution.

You don't know shit about music.

Which is funny because thats the plot to do androids dream of electric sheep

He wasn't really all that average: police woman said that she never met someone like him and his implanted memories made him lowkey believe for his whole existence that he was a real boy.

Also was the daughter evil? She purposely implanted her memories in random robot and then played him like a damn fiddle. I meant not evil but just not as cute as she made herself seem.

There is a third option bitch boy: i don't know anything about music but I can tell when something is used appropriately judging by my own emotional reaction. It may or may not be objectively good and I don't care because it worked for this particular movie.

How did you guys feel about it taking place mainly at day?

And how there was only one scene of the downtown?

>she never met someone like him
there's something about you boy

Now, was Joi telling K to delete her from the main server an act of selfless humanity, or just what she knew he wanted to hear? I feel like her character is one of the most interesting aspects of the movie.

>cyberpunk devoid of ideas
Rudy Rucker, motherfucker

this

zimmer is not contemplative or someone with a regard for theory, structure or craftsmanship. squarepusher, onetrixpoint and other guys with beards and shoulder-length hair such as jackson and his computerbBand are the vanguard of fundamentally novel music. all they need is a bit of refinement and the opportunity to reconcile a higher degree of artistic integrity with a shamelessly commercial culture

>police woman said that she never met someone like him

She didn't mean it. She was clearly hitting on him, or rather alluding to wanting to use him for pleasure

>There is a third option bitch boy: i don't know anything about music but I can tell when something is used appropriately judging by my own emotional reaction. It may or may not be objectively good and I don't care because it worked for this particular movie.
If you know nothing about nutrition you're also happy with stuffing your face with MSG, because it makes your tastebuds tickle and crave it more.

OPN peaked when he was slowing down pop songs and drenching them in reverb, his actual compositions are tedious dreck.

Bravo user

This is mich harder to understand in the mew movie wince K's character is not so vocal

but bravo user

It was great, the entire narrative is in contrast with the original.
The original was dirty, dense, cluttered, while this was clean, sterile, empty. I liked that there were no constant shoved "heh you remember this hehe" and it was a film on it's own, only expanding on the original.

Bautista ought to be in more, bigger roles. Big man has great presence.

I liked it. It felt like Blade Runner, but was different and built upon the world

Vangelis music definitely is much more present and has more character

but I think for this movie, this soundtrack works better.
It is more ambient and just follows the movie rather than being a character which works with this movie

The whole Joi thing was great, I really felt bad for her and him when they destroy it. Then to add insult to injury, it turns out it was all a fucking lie, he isn't anything special and the whole thing was a marketing thing so he would continue to consume.

Joi is freaking gorgeous

once it bombs in America it's gonna be a cult classic

Just got out of the cinema
3 boring hours, no clear motivations for anyone, tons of useless time, foggy city so they could show less, absolutely no investment in the characters, I almost fell asleep

I liked how it didn't try to shove nostalgia up my ass like any other movies

it was it's iwn movie but it belonged into the blade runner universe

Vangelis music is actually music with themes and melodies; this soundtrack comprised entirely of what felt like banging on the (admittedly really great sounding) synth's keys.

You can just imagine a scene from the original Bladerunner where Deckard leaves the meeting with his daughter and finds Joe staring into the sky dead.

But why did he need Joi when he was an android himself?

I think she is programmed to say what he wants to hear all the time

he wanted her to be like a real human,
so that action made it happen

>By the end of the movie, K has lost the little he had at the beggining:
>The woman he loved was just a product programmed to tell him what he wanted to hear and ease his sadness and loneliness
>His Boss is dead and his job is gone, alongside his purpose as a Blade Runner
>His identity as "Joe" was a delusion from Joi he bought into because he wanted to be special
>His past was a made-up lie
>No one will remember his story and what he did. Everything will be lost in time like tears in the rain
>Except for Deckard

Sounds like Blade Runner to me. Normies being bored by the Blade Runner sequel means the movie is doing something good.

Funny, the 3 hours felt to me shorter than the entirety of Baby Driver.
Also literally every single character had clear motivation, I mean you have to be pretty retarded not to understand the motivation of Gosling's character. The fog is also not just for show but actually a narrative element and there quite a lot of wide massive shots of the city.
You just have ADHD

I knew it was going to be utter trash when people like this praised it

It's a complex topic but let's just say that I still believe that soundtrack fit the movie. Yes greater knowledge leads to greater appreciation but if you are somewhat attuned to your emotions you can appreciate different stuff even without the deep knowledge of the medium.

I'm going to vomit

This is a pretty retarded pasta.
I'm sure some dumb people like a film you enjoyed too, does that make that film bad?

wait for Kermode's review tomorrow

BRAVO VILLENIEURE

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
not memeing this is the best second movie of any forst movie ever since Terminator 2

The guys a huge pleb and will love it

>Got any cheese?