This is going to bomb isnt it?

If Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy and fucking Ant-Man didn't bomb, then no

The general public still don't care about Captain Marvel, and it doesn't look like the actress is going to be convincing people to come otherwise.

>if it's written like GoTG
Probably not
>if it's written like Bendis
Definitely yes it'll tank

Depends on the movie's attitude. Normal people are also getting tired of feminists complaining about everything all the time.

this
the mcu could film people shitting for two hours and it'll still be considered okay to good and rake in 400 million

I doubt it, it's Marvel. There's a chance that it might not reach financial expectations

Well, I mean, it's basically going to be a movie about an original character. Marvel has wisely decided that comics Carol is completely irredeemable, so they're undoing everything about her from the comics and starting completely fresh.

So it all depends on how compelling this new, original character in Carol's skin will be.

They didn't care about GotG or Doctor Strange either.

Normies seem to love this actress so it'll do fine. It'll also get an incredible RT score due to the Ghostbusters Effect.

Yeah, but fucking Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy were household names.

You're letting your hateboner for Carrol cloud your judgement.

No, it'll do well, even if it's trash.

Maybe, or you just hate everything, you nihilist fuck

No, and it will be better than Wonder Woman. Which is fucking sad once you think about it. If anything, it will give Bendis more material to steal and make comic Carol not shit

>comes out two months before Avengers 4
>will probably be a direct lead-in
Nah.

Casuals didn't know who the GotG were until the movie memed all over the place and Ant-Man was a fucking joke people thought only had the "dumb" power to shrink.

And both of those films did very well as will Captain Marvel. Don't you understand this?

>memed all over the place

This this is just the modern way of saying "became popular", right?

So should Jess be in this yay or nay? How about Mar Vell?

You gotta have a love interest. and Mar-Vell can be in it too.

I fully support this. But I doubt Disney has the balls to do it

Not if the usual shills shill it very very hard.

>hey guys, this MCU movie is going to bomb, right?

>The general public still don't care about Captain Marvel
What they think now it's irrelevant.
You think people cared before of GOTG or Ant-Man, or Dr. Strange?

As I said,

it's going to make 800-950 mil
it's going to have a 94% of critical approval with them and '"fans'" calling it the best female led movie ever in the history of cinema

but the movie itself will be retardedly bland and mediocre

You think people still care about GOTG or Ant-Man, or Dr. Strange?

You think Sup Forums matters towards a movie's success?
This board is about comics, one of the most irrelevant industries right now.
No one making superhero movies cares about comics.

>still ashamed of the source material
So much Sup Forums in one post.

Not really, superhero movies are really forgettable.

And yet you shill them. For free.

Who wouldn't be ashamed of comics.

Where am I shilling it?
I said the truth, the MCU knows how to market movies.

You want me to say it bombs over and over until it comes out and then hide?

What, no evanposting?

What?

>Where am I shilling it?
Well, you just said
>the MCU knows how to market movies.
That's shilling.

No, it's not.
Shilling would be telling people that the movie is going to be great and to go watch it.
What I did was acknowledge that Marvel knows how to sell their movies, which is a fact, otherwise the MCU wouldn't be a thing.

>GotG
Had Groot and Rocket
People were hungry for Star Wars, GotG delivered

>Doctor Strange
Had great CGI as well as Cumberbatch

>Ant-Man
Had Paul Rudd, comedy heist film was a different direction for the MCU
Rode off the AoU's coat tails, something which helped IM3 break a billion

>Captain Marvel
Unpopular Lead
Warner Bros are beating Marvel to the punch with Wonder Woman

Can someone explain to me the preemptive hate the Captain Marvel movie is getting around here? Is it based on any misgivings surrounding production, the writers, the director, or the actress playing Carol? Basically has anything resembled the absolute clusterfuck that was the new Ghostbusters? Or is this just more cynical wankery hoping this will finally be the one to put a dent in the MCU like I remember seeing for Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy before each of those were released?

Make way for the REAL Captain Marvel.

>telling people that the movie is going to be great and to go watch it.
YOu did that too:

>Had great CGI
People don't care about ''good CGI'', this isn't 2008.

>Cumberbatch
The one already losing popularity, enough to have to stick to capeshit?

>Had Paul Rudd
Literally no one knows who Paul Rudd is.

>comedy heist film was a different direction for the MCU
You think people care about that?
You think people care about different directions?
No, you could feed them the same thing over and over and they'll keep eating it up.
Not to mention that in the end it's still just yet another superhero movie.

It's called marketing.
Make a movie, say it's part of the MCU, and that's it, you are making automatic money.

>Warner Bros are beating Marvel to the punch with Wonder Woman
I'd be surprised if Wonder Woman doesn't flop.
Not only nobody cares about Gadot, but it's going up against Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5, two billion making franchises.

Superhero movies depend on marketing.
That's it.

Can't wait for Brieposting once WW releases.

You mean Shazam.

I didn't say you should watch it, I said people will go watch it, which is a fact, it's a MCU movie.
As I said, should I be delusional and shout that it's going to flop?

>Unpopular Lead

Lel, the casuals love her, she's considered a good actress.

Which will be reviled for the same reasons all the DCEU films are (and also Gadot is genuinely a shit actress). Much as Civil War reviews often said "THIS is how you do superheroes fighting superheroes", they'll say "THIS is how you do a female superhero" about Captain Marvel in relation to Wonder Woman.

DC will pay Marvel to license the Captain Marvel name in order to make that work again, right?

>uses the name of a better character
>gets relaunched every year but people don't care, despite making her a dyke and such
>they give her a movie to compete with Wonder Woman
Have a guess.

>People don't care about ''good CGI''
Except when they discuss a non-Marvel Studios movie...
>I'd be surprised if Wonder Woman doesn't flop.
Have a cent.

That's Shazam.

>Avengers sitting around shooting the shit for 2 hours
>Dat banter, Dat chemistry

Would watch.

Marvel has not been too big on just throwing in people with no origin film as side characters.
And she would be confusing when Spidey is around. I would kinda like Elsa to turn up so they can get into hissy fits, though. And have them cut the lines so over each other that Carol drowns out all of the cursing or cuts her off just before. That could be the best scene of the movie. And make it pass the stupid Bechdel test.
Although it would be funnier if there weren't many important male characters around and they still arrange it to "fail".

MCU also has a habit of making fundamentally solid movies that simply function which ensures high approval ratings. Because 7/10 is still easily a Fresh score. Which seems to be the one fact guys who yell about shills miss. Half the critics don't really love the movies. But they see a tonally consistent, competently directed movie so they can't rate it garbage and they are inoffensive enough to have few people find real issues.

>Unpopular Lead
OR it's another BvS/CW situation and WB fails hard which makes Marvel look like gods for getting it right yet again.

we can hope

>people will go watch it
>should I be delusional and shout that it's going to flop?
There you go again.

>will be reviled for the same reasons all the DCEU films are (and also Gadot is genuinely a shit actress)
And again.

>MCU also has a habit of making fundamentally solid movies
>WB fails hard
Now that's shilling.

Dude, what are you even trying to say?

Are you implying samefaggotry or something? Are you that short on rational arguments?

Look, just be less of a moron. Marvel movies don't flop. DCEU movies are hated. That's just how shit is right now.

People haven't liked the character in years.
That's why the movie has nobody believe in it.
We have run through several iterations of Carol being received lukewarm at best and mostly loathed.
Maybe the movie gets something the comics didn't. But I won't hold my breath.

We can start right now.
But why would we post cheese?

>Marvel movies don't flop. DCEU movies are hated.
Keep on shilling, user. Carol needs you mroe than ever.
>Are you implying samefaggotry or something?
Well, mouseketeers are a hivemind.

>Except when they discuss a non-Marvel Studios movie...
No, you don't get me, people don't care about the quality of CGI.
No, what you see in Sup Forums and Sup Forums isn't the majority.
People don't care about CGI, people don't care about cinematography, people don't care about plotholes.
You feed up the movie with marketing, you bribe reviewers, it'll make money.

>Have a cent
It does have a chance to flop.

>WB will probably fuck the movie up in editing
>WB forgot how to sell movies
>is face to face against two well established franchises with entries that have made more money than any DCEU movie ever

but they did not have a chick as their main

It's the truth.

The DCEU films are barely functional. MoS and BvS are poorly-structured dashes from one superficial moment that Zack Snyder wanted to play at maturity with, while SS is a horribly edited mess with the worst versions of all the problems that come with excessive reshooting. They're Fant4stic tier.

Oh, so you are just one of those obese virgins who unironically fights over brands.
Do you also go on Sup Forums and fight over consoles?

The projecting from DCucks truly is something else.

This is going to bomb isn't it?

Expect another AoU.

>what you see in Sup Forums and Sup Forums isn't the majority, but we the hivemind say Marvel rules and DC sucks
Yeah, I know.

I hear drinking bleach is all the rage. You should try it sometime.

The average movie-goer didn't know who Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, or even fucking IRON MAN were before the movie hype train carried them along.

Comic fans liking/disliking a lead character's comic basis has fuck all to do with a movie being successful, and it's pathetically delusional to think otherwise.

>DCucks
Message deleted and user banned in 3, 2, 1...

Only if it's Marvel brand, though.

>everyone else is a shill!
>everyone but me!
>I'm the only person not paid by Disney!

You Snyderfags are true gems.

Never stop broadcasting your asspain for all the world to see. It's marvelous, like a study in the mind of the abused fanboy.

>horrible character
>terrible actress

Dont see a single faggot whining about her lack of muscles like with Gal Gadot though

So you are not interested in reality or anything, you just want to fight your neckbeard fights over brands.
Go away.

No, man. It's just what it is.
The MCU movies aren't a great throw by any stretch of the imagination, but they are for the most part tried and true.
DCEU has been ambitious but lacking in any other aspect. Your ideas can be as grand as they will be if your narrative is an incoherent mess. The critics will hate it.

>Snyderfags
See? It wasn't that hard, admitting that you're a Disney shill.

Doesn't matter, the films didn't bomb, which is the topic of discussion.

Only very fat virgins with no friends fight over superhero movies.
Leave please.

No. It will never bomb. Marvel can reinvent any of their properties for mass consumption.

This is a bot, isn't it? Ah, 2008.

>DCEU has been ambitious

"I'll just have lots of shots of Superman posing like Jesus, then people will think I'm smart!" is the opposite of ambitious.

It's student tier filmmaking. Flunking student tier.

The Marvel movies have essentially all been financially successful. Accepting this reality is not shilling.

>Will Captain Marvel bomb? Discuss. But remember that any mention of Marvel films doing well in the past is shilling.
That's what you sound like

>Only very fat virgins with no friends fight over superhero movies.
Them what are you doing here?

Other than crying because your foe doesn't die?

>he still thinks he's arguing with one person

She's so ugly though.

Only very fat virgins with no friends fight over superhero movies. Leave, please.

You'd be surprised how proactive the Disney shill is.

Not made by Marvel, you idiot.

>Them what are you doing here?
Laugh at people who spend their free time fighting over superhero movies and think they are going to flop for the 419872393871290832th time.

Please delete this.

I didn't say Snyder had much to back his ambition up.

Yeah, I see your "laughs."
>BOO HOO I'M NOT A SHILL ALTHOUGH I SUCK MOUSE COCK ERRYDAY

A DCEU movie will get positive reviews before a Marvel movie flops.

>Wow, you aren't saying this MCU movie is going to flop, you suck mouse cock

>one more buttfrustrated company loyalist who'll be crying into his mom's crotch when, as usual, Mahvel makes a successful movie

Nigga they always make money. It will take several massive BvS disappointments to sink their ship at the moment.

It doesn't matter how good these films are, what matters is that the Marvel logo is on the side. Fucking Thor 2, which was awful (so was Thor 1, to be honest), was a financial success.

Well I thought it was funny. You guys shit too seriously.

>no one ever talks about quality in MCU, only about sales
That's sad, shill. You should watch movies you like instead.

Yep. And you love it.

The brand warrior seems to be trying to communicate us.

>implying they even watch non-Disney movies

Delicious tears, user.