Lmao RIP

lmao RIP

variety.com/2017/film/news/bride-of-frankenstein-reboot-release-pulled-1202581652/

Other urls found in this thread:

theredlist.com/wiki-2-20-777-779-view-1930-1940-profile-1935-bbride-of-frankenstein-b.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_wRVfzaIRj8
youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
youtube.com/watch?v=sXGzO2aDDRU
youtube.com/watch?v=pxOSPfUw3qw
youtube.com/watch?v=7pxZxY_Siyc
youtube.com/watch?v=_2aWqecTTuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pRDzBxZtY
youtube.com/watch?v=9vHuFQ8MKBc
youtube.com/watch?v=l1SZ4ccagFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP Universal Monster Universe

Now we'll never see YAGSPARRO as frankenstein

Are you telling me that the DUCU failed for a third time

A Universal Monster Extended Universe was some stupid horseshit anyway.

>trusting this hack with the launch of your franchise
why.jpg

This is actually good news.
No wonder they postpone it. This is most important movie for Dark Universe right now. It must be polished in every inch, failure is not an option if they want this project to fare.
>Production was set to start this February in London, but the studio and Condon have paused plans to ensure the script is in tip-top condition. Condon has been working on the script with David Koepp, and while the screenplay is in good shape, sources say both men want more time to rework it to better reflect their vision.
This sounds good. Stop shitting these movies out, as they feel so rushed. Take Your time, and provide masterpiece.
---------
Meanwhile "The Mummy" is 2nd at DVD/BR american sales and about to premiere mostly worldwide in few days.

It's DUCU.

Dark Universe Cinematic Universe.

>horror movies are (fairly) cheap to make and bring in bofo box office
>have some classic monsters
>put them in risky big budget action flicks with lots of CGI
Le Bravo

actually "Bride..." wasn't cheap. Massive sets, including castle at end, spectacular special effects for it's time... generally this was blockbuster horror of it's time.

more pics here
theredlist.com/wiki-2-20-777-779-view-1930-1940-profile-1935-bbride-of-frankenstein-b.html

the mummy was actually great direction wise

hi alex

it wasnt great, but for his 1st big blockbuster it wasnt that bad, Kurtzman had no expirience here. brilliant idea but he should ask someone more skilled to execute it.
After listening to his interviews, feels really bad how his concept was so misunderstood. He had it really well planned visions.

post examples of bad direction from the mummy

But muh shared universe

They put it back in pre-production because Jolie waffled on the part. They want big names for all the monsters, so they're going to wait until shes done with Maleficent 2.

Its going to be hilarious if they wait and she still ends up saying no.

can't, I don't find it bad, stated it. Jus not great either. For me for example, he could put Ahmanet story to later part of movie. When we already know she has been buried alive in that tomb, no surprise there. It could start with tomb discovery, then rest of movie, and let Ahmanet tell her own story while she is chained in Prodigium,
It would fill that Prodiguim moments a bit, and provide excitement for tomb discovery scenes.

>mfw the Unbreakable cinematic universe ends up with more films than the Dark Universe

None of those things you listed have anything to do with direction.

budget was $397,000, which in 2017 dollars is a bit over $7m

Say what you want but a huge crossover between all the movie monsters would have been awesome
It could have been called "The Monster Mash"

nice shill post

they do. Director should have influence on editing, camera shots, writing and so on. It is hard to say good/bad directing, as it is very big and diverse term.

I hope they really fix the sexist jokes this movie had. It cannot be accepted in 2017

>already ahead by 1
>Glass already started principal photography
oo i am laffin

You know nothing about filmmaking.

Next time instead of saying something is bad, say you merely don't like it.

Nice

what the fuck do you think the director does?

where i said it was bad?
>it wasnt that bad
>can't, I don't find it bad, stated it. Jus not great either.
>Next time instead of saying something is bad, say you merely don't like it.
man i really liked "The Mummy" as movie (pic related), just said it wasn't great directed, it had flaws but for me they were not that big deal
>You know nothing about filmmaking.
Maybe enlighten me, what is good and bad directing? I'm allways willing to learn something.

>being this retarded
Did you expect it to cost 200m or something?

I've got just the kino for you my friend

Only ones it's missing are the Invisible Man, Create from the Black Lagoon and the Bride

that's what you get for trying to make marvel movies instead of horror movies

If anything, I would have thought that It's success would lead to a renewed interest in horror movies.

Damn that website is pretty cool, thanks for the link user.

no problem, really like these behind scenes stuff, photos from sets and generally movie making backgrounds we dont see in final product

It could have had potential, since crossover movies have existed for a while, but the way they were going about it to very obviously try and ape off of Marvel just came off as sad and pathetic
It definitely didn't help that The Mummy sucked ass

>The Mummy sucked ass
not only ass...
>ywn get ancient qt to suck your life by deadly kiss

why couldn't she just be nice to him

she was scared of his looks, like everyone else. only that blind man wasn't
youtube.com/watch?v=_wRVfzaIRj8
the real monsters in "Bride of Frankenstein" were people, not these creatures.
>Go, you live.
>You stay, we belong dead.

The JUST Universe

youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00

*inhales*

Posting the superior version

youtube.com/watch?v=sXGzO2aDDRU

Women are vapid whores literally moments after birth.

>the superior version
This is true.

as see in latter bits, these were action packed too, explosions, destructions. Imhopep eyes going strange. I guess they wanted to include this in new mummy aswell, sorta. same as dagger scene

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein is the best crossover.

Giving how Universal Monster movies are too dated for modern audiences do you think the same will happen to Capeshit in one hundred years?

Why couldnt they just start off with a monster bash? Or would it be too similar to Van Helsing.

Monster Squad is a thing anyway. Its funny how a cheap knockoff is better than the actual OG.

maaan avengers already looks dated, not to mention 100 years

user said "blockbuster of its time" so yeah, i expect the inflation adjusted budget to be that big. summer blockbusters regularly have $100+ budgets now

How come you never see blacks in these monster roles?

Let's look back on the most successful extended universe since Marvel:

iFrankenstein:
youtube.com/watch?v=pxOSPfUw3qw
Victor Frankenstein:
youtube.com/watch?v=7pxZxY_Siyc
Dracula Untold:
youtube.com/watch?v=_2aWqecTTuE
The Wolfman:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pRDzBxZtY
Van Helsing:
youtube.com/watch?v=9vHuFQ8MKBc
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen:
youtube.com/watch?v=l1SZ4ccagFQ

Cause all you gotta do to see blacks in horror is turn the channel to any news station in Detroit, Philly or Chicago.

See a shit ton of monsters there.

please dont derail this to Sup Forums
don't forget 7 million was already very high budget for movie back then. Universal monsters were actuall big budget action horrors, just action was not as over the top as it is now

That's funny, I just turned on my TV and a white monster killed more ppl in the deadliest shooting in America then black ppl ever have in Detroit Philly or Chicago

sad but true

krager cannot stop himself

>Giving how [very specific source] movies are too dated for modern audiences do you think the same will happen to [broad theme with no relation] in one hundred years?

user, monster films come and go and never really leave theaters, cape films are the same, we have had them as mainstream since the 70s and the only "new" thing about them now is the connected film verse. If your question is will we see that lose popularity I'm sure it will happen, but the genre itself itsn't going anywhere.

Yes, Stephen Sommers' Mummy films are pure kino.

nothing of value was lost

of course nothing lost
it was postponed coz Bill wants to get it polished and nailed - he is obsesed with original movie. this reboot can't be as rushed as mummy

Tbh I could really care less about dark universe, I just hope they continue the mummy with ahmanet. The ending did her awesome character a shitty injustice. She should have gotten her setapai

Hopefully they do because Sofia is top tier waifu material

maybe, if you are reddit

heyy mummyfu posters from these ahmanet threads? got new content, promo for upcoming retro game

Because if you made a movie where everyone's scared of a black guy you'd get called a racist

That's a neat looking idea for a retro game. Honestly just give me a mummyfu universe and ill be happy

if they want to continue 'mummy' story, they have to get Sofia back. Cruise makes asian boxoffice, but it is Sofia who makes the movie.. and merch and other stuff

It already happened when they crossed over originally. The problem was they weren't the fucking universal monsters.

and he co-created star trek discovery..i ask WHY

>and merch and other stuff
Merch that doesn't appear to be selling given the state of the pegs in that photograph/

Kurtzman is quite important in hollywood, here is why:
>He generates so much money that he puts other writers to shame.

>It is a great misconception that the best or better of anything should win, it almost never does. Majority of people will never pick the better option, a group of people will always go for mediocre, don’t believe me, do the following test, get a few groups of people of varying numbers, get them to order food. The more they are, the less quality it will be, most likely it will be hot dogs or something that everyone likes, lowest common denominator. A 2–3 people might pick sushi or something “better”, you a lone might get the T bone steak.

>Same thing happens when people decide to go to a movie theater, though they often will not decide to go in large groups, they do listen to others, word of mouth and so on, and Transformer movies are not bad while you are in the theater, they are exciting, quick cutting, fantastic music (absolutely fantastic) and cinema photography that is hard to say anything against. That the story is full of holes, quite tacky or even bad at parts, you leave the movie theater smiling and full of adrenalin. Weeks after you know what you saw were not good movies, but you don’t care. Not all movies needs to be Les Miserables or Schindlers list.

>Cowboys and Aliens are also not that bad. He does not make very bad movies, they are enjoyable while you watch them, what more can you ask for ? Ohh yeah, tons and tons of money.

>He was a sweetheart quest

Was it autism?

ye pic taken pre-premiere.

>hire Kurtzman the JJ hack to write some of your Dark Universe shit
>be surprised when it gets shit on
>the same guy who helped with Star Trek Discovery, aka the STD that doomed Trek

yeah whodda thunk
fuck Kikezman

I wanted Tom Cruise to get with her, or keep her around after he attained maximum power.

loved these. do you think they got chance for golden razzie?

If they were horror movies then it'd have been the greatest thing. It would be a unique thing to them that would stand out among everyone trying to do a Cinematic Universe.
But nope, they decided to do capeshit, something some other studio already dominates.