>Scarlet Witch
the retcon was a mistake
>Solo
>Foolkiller
greenlighting these were a mistake
>Spider-Woman
we don't need 3 Spider-Lady books, something had to give
>Black Widow
drawing her like a man was a mistake, so is the lame on the lamb from SHIELD story and Bucky
>Spider-Man 2099
pretty good run even with shit Poser art

Is the bong how they know their bulls are ready to be prepped?

Uncanny, Extraordinary and New X Men, have probably been cancelled to be replaced with the new X Men titles.

>Foolkiller

I'm sad.

Spider-Woman's the only one I was reading. And even then, I dropped it when CW2 started.

But Spider-man 2099 isn't cancelled yet.

Though it probably will be once Peter David starts the rumored Scarlet Spider series

Interest in the Spider-Woman series dropped when the baby dropped. What happened to that brat anyway?

>Solo
At the surprise of no one.

Bullseye too. It's listed as 1 out of 5 now.

>Hellcat
That's fine. I've despised Hellcat since she was in the Defenders back in the day. She dissed Gargoyle and I dropped the book.

Still not Carol's kid.

How short is Bendis? He's standing at the forefront and still manages to be smaller than everyone else.

So how does Marvel improve their overall quality during their next relaunch next year? I was thinking that they could find a way to organise their books into different categories so it's easier for fans and creators to get an idea of what the book is about.

Like each type of book is colour coded with a different label so that it becomes easier to show what the genre is. Like Red books are your standard super hero stuff like Iron man and Thor, blue is Comedy and Slice of life like Ms Marvel and Hell Cat, Green is cosmic stuff, and black is for more mature readers like Jessica Jones and Deadpool. And the brand could be called Marvel All Out! where every book is allowed to go all out and take risks and to not hold back in terms of new directions and styles. And people know what they're getting because the label tells them what they should expect.

Just a suggestion, but I'm sure there's better ways of structuring their books so it's more consumer and creator friendly.

He is a big guy

>on the lamb
>lamb
It's a doggy dog world out there, user.

Get rid of Ike perlmutter and bendis.

>the retcon was a mistake
What was the retcon?

>Black Widow
Fuck, that actually was really good.

She isn't Magnetos kid anymore and she isn't a mutant

Oh right, that.
Well I guess that's technically a retcon of a retcon. What the hell are her and QS now anyways?

high evolutionary experiments

Scarlet Witch is an actual witch. She was also experimented on by the High Evolutionary and implanted with an artificial X-Gene, and so was Pietro, which is where he got his powers.

>Spider-Woman
Took them long enough. Good artist wasted on a shit book.

>So how does Marvel improve their overall quality during their next relaunch next year?
Quality doesn't matter for sales. Foolkiller was great but it bombed. They just need to pander to nostalgia more and exclusively publish A-listers at the expense of genuinely interesting comic ideas while aiming for inoffensive mediocrity just like Rebirth.

Bullseye and Kingpin weren't ever anything but stealth minis, user.

Just hope they're decent at all, I say.

This is Quesada next to Jimmy Kimmel leaning in a little (6'1).

Source?

And this is Quesada next to Bendis. Him being a manlet made me lose a little respect for him.

You had respect left?

>>Scarlet Witch
I think that one just met its natural conclusion and James Robinson moved on to other books.

>Thunderbolts
They'll keep it around until the Hydra event, after that who knows.

I'm sure he looks like a giant when standing next to Slott.

>Scarlet Witch
Ok
>Solo
Boring
>Foolkiller
Ok
>Spider-Woman
Shit
>Black Widow
Pretty art, boring story
>Spider-Man 2099
Shit costume
>Hellcat
Shit
>Silver Surfer
Shit
>Thunderbolts
Shit
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Shit

Apparently.
Also, the guy on the far right is John Hein, who is 6'3. He's hunching over and still manages to tower over Bendis.

Literally no surprise here except maybe Black Widow

Nope. Marvel won't admit that their tumblr pandering was wrong and won't stop. They spent too much bragging about how progressive they are.

>Hellcat
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Aren't these supposed to do fantastically in trade?

>Scarlet Witch
>Foolkiller
FUCK.
>Black Widow
>Spider-Man 2099
Aw.
>Solo
>Spider-Woman
>Silver Surfer
Eh.
>Thunderbolts
Thank god.

Kingpin? Really?
I thought they were doing the CWII mini to test the waters for a proper ongoing.

HEY.
Rebirth isn't mediocre. It's decent.
I agree with everything else you said.

>Matt Smith is 6'0

Most of these were never expected to last long (I'm amazed Scarlet Witch got 15 issues and 3 TPBs) but Thunderbolts has been a real fuckup.

I don't understand why Brevoort, who also edited the original, would approve Liefeld-style art for the relaunch. If you're going to do '90s nostalgia at least make it the right '90s.

>Another RIch Johnson thread

When did it become ok to pay attention to this hack?

Don't forget that their real mother (who was related to the Maximoffs who raised them) was also a Scarlet Witch who practiced real magic

Wanda chose the same codename through coincidence

>Foolkiller
fug :(

I really hope this was edited and not made by somebody who believes hunkering down like a pet owner praising their dog or a parent watching their toddler's first steps is an appropriate thing to do in conversation.

>Scarlet Witch
>Solo
>Foolkiller
>Spider-Woman
>Black Widow
>Thunderbolts

Expected.

>2099

Slightly disappointing, but understandable even with based PAD since the shit art turned a lot of people off.

>Hellcat
>Moon Girl

Surprised Marvel isn't pulling their usual "rename and restart from #1" with these considering they're part of the agenda.

>Surfer

Good.

Why would you retcon Wanda's origin and make it even more confusing?

Is this the new Final Fantasy?

because no movie rights for mutants

>through coincidence

It's called magic!

It's simpler now as long as you don't explain how they got here

>Wanda and Pietro's real mother was a witch
>The High Evolutionary kidnapped them as babies, killed their mother, experimented on them and gave them their powers (also pretended they were mutants.)
>Gave them to their mother's relatives to be raised for reasons?
>High Evolutionary somehow gave their powers to Luminous even though Wanda apparently inherited her magic from their mother.

That's not simple. Mutants was simple.

It's an edit

haha, they're gnomes

I've really enjoyed Robinson's Scarlet Witch

Mutants was also a retcon.

it's just changing around the order/more High Evolutionary fuckery. i can't remember if there was any Chthon stuff in the series

always goes back to that crazy fuck and Bova

This explains so much

>we don't need 3 Spider-Lady books, something had to give

Spider-woman Spider Gween and who else?

>Mutants was also a retcon.

d'oh!

i meant magneto dad retcon, i am stupid. i blame bova

No it wasn't, they were Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Never trust a cow.

There's been zero mention of Chthon. Haven't even mentioned Bova

The Natalya Maximoff bullshit if just convoluted as fuck. Why did they need more fucking parents? Just leave it at the Maximoffs if they had to get rid of Magneto.

Its not the size that matters, but what you do with it.

They literally don't do shit with it though.
Doesn't help that they fit the stereotype of comic book writers: short, fat, and/or balding men in their 40's.

He missed his calling.

Does that give more credence to the idea that Billy is going to end up becoming the Scarlet Witch?

>Bendis and Slott will be 50 next year
We'll probably be stuck with them for another 15+ years.

People are living longer and retiring later these days. The average life expectancy is now at 80.

With any luck they'll get post-2010 Claremont tier sales by then and Marvel will put them out to pasture.

I'm not surprised FooKiller was cancelled.

The concept would have appealed to the kind of old readers that Marvel has been driving away for years with their policy of "Angry fans buy more!".

It didn't have a blatant political agenda or DIVERSITY so of course it had no protection.
Because why the fuck isn't Mosaic cancelled too?

At this point I'm down to reading Great Lake Avengers for its old school weirdness (Furry weaboo werewolf girl) and Nova JUST TO SEE HOW THEY FUCK UP THE RETURN OF DICK.

Fraction then and now. Yikes.

Manlet detected

Silk?

>I was thinking that they could find a way to organise their books into different categories so it's easier for fans and creators to get an idea of what the book is about.
>Avengers line
>Spider-Man line
>X-Men line
>Inhumans line
>Random flavor of the month character line
Or maybe not since it didn't seem to work out so well for DC.

>X-Men line

More like the "Miss Marvels" line.

>where every book is allowed to go all out and take risks and to not hold back in terms of new directions and styles

Pffft

Not surprised about Foolkiller. I've enjoyed it but that was as obvious a case of Marvel's current stealth mini policy as I've ever seen.

He is he is short, gross & very FAT I stood next to him backstage last year & he's a fucking Dick Tracy villain...

>Hellcat
Shit. What's Kate Leth going to ruin next? Or s Kate Leth quitting/fired from Marvel?

She died.

Really? Source?

>What's Kate Leth going to ruin next?
Power Pack

Foolkiller wasn't a mistake.

She succeeded at suicide?

>I found something i'm good at.
Obviously not.

I'll only be sad to see Moon Girl go. Sup Forums of course hates it because they think it's a sjw book, but it's actually fun to have a story starring a young girl who isn't perky and cutesy all the time.

Being a cunt all the time is not any better than being perky and cutesy all the time.

The same people who admire the complex and well thought out origin of Hawkman.

I want you to explain the good points of the book to me

and i want you to explain the bad parts to me.

I want a honest opinion on the book from both sides of the hate and like spectrum please.

God that looks like a kids book. It wasn't a kids book, was it?

I sincerely don't know. Marvel has been so schizophrenic lately that I doubt even them know who is the audience for their comics.

I think it might've been.

yup

Thugh Life?
Moar liek JUST Life...

>"Give us you lunch money, nerds!"

We live in an age in which adults are given coloring books, play-doh and nap times when political processes don't go their way.

Children, manchildren, it is all the same target audience.

hellcat is totally all ages which is funny cause hell

The first issue of Nova was quite enjoyable, and I got good vibes from that interview with the creative team.
I think it'll be good.