Has anyone actually seen an animated movie just because it had celebrity voice actors...

Has anyone actually seen an animated movie just because it had celebrity voice actors? Doesn't seem like a real selling point to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChkmcIlCmpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kids don't give a shit, but the parents taking their kids are more likely to bet on a known quantity. Remember that most of the adult audience for these things is parents.

No, but it's really more of a promotional tool than anything....hell, you might even get those guilty teens to go buy a ticket with the rest of family cause "well.....the rock is in it, that makes it ok right?"

I've never understood why characters are drawn with their feet pointed inwards so often. Literally no one stands like that, yet I'm constantly seeing characters, mostly female characters that are supposed to be "cute," standing with their feet pointed inwards.

What is the deal with that?

It worked for DreamWorks when they made Shrek. And if I remember correctly, Prince of Egypt also had an all-star cast, but that wasn't the selling point of it.

I find it annoying especially when there are plenty of perfectly fine VAs to choose from. It's annoying when studios replace the VAs with celebs. This happened with the movie Hoodwinked.

literally the only reason to watch this movie. Also there is something about ScarJos voice that just tingles my jimmies the right way.

youtube.com/watch?v=ChkmcIlCmpU

Is Chazz Palmenteri really a bigger draw than Tom Kenny?

The people who go see it because of celebrity names are middle aged normies, not people on fucking Sup Forums.

THIS
H
I
S

I don't know about inwards, but I do see girls in real life who sometimes stand with their feet parallel as opposed to a more stable stance.

>being this ignorant

its marketing, marketing, marketing

you hire a big name actor, their name goes on the billboards, they appear on the talk shows and magazines to promote the film, their fans pay attention, etc

I just can't see someone going "wow Brad Pitt is voicing a superhero! I've gotta see that!"

Eric Idle and Don Rickles?
SOLD!

Does seeing Princess & the Frog for Keith David count?

You're welcome.

>What is the deal with that?
It's something from anime that has seeped into western styles.

How the fuck would she possibly be wearing normal clothing?

Thank you. Your pose led me to a number of forums with more in-depth anaylsis of why this is a thing, and you're right. It's because of those fuck damn japs.

ayy

I'd say no but just the other day I was getting excited over the voice actors they got for the new ducktales cartoon so maybe I'm not as above this kind of thing as I'd like to think.

I saw Moana because Dwayne Johnson was Maui

Of course it's a selling point. How many people do you think saw Aladdin just for Robin Williams' performance?

I've never once said "omg so and so is in this movie" or "wow i cant believe the voice actor in this show was in this other thing I saw!".

I don't understand how people can care enough to keep up with that.

But Robin Williams is such a good (and actually animated in the way acts/speaks ) actor that he gets a pass.

This.

I want VA to get bigger roles in films that are released theatrically but my hypocritical ass is actually excited for the new Ducktales.

Isn't Keith David an active voice actor more than a celebrity?