Can anyone recommend me comfy animated fantasy movie similar to this one?

Can anyone recommend me comfy animated fantasy movie similar to this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_bxdHiJinJo
kissanime.io/Anime/Flanders-no-Inu-Movie-Dub/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't that an Sup Forums movie?

yes, but I'm not trying to restrict discussion to that.

And Fairy Florence, aka A Journey Through Fairyland. All from the same studio, Sanrio.

Best kid's movie villain
youtube.com/watch?v=_bxdHiJinJo

Wrong movie. That's from the sequel, Island of Magic. Pic related is the villain from Fantastic Adventures. He dateraped a cat.

Song of the Sea, and Secret of Kells

here ya go kissanime.io/Anime/Flanders-no-Inu-Movie-Dub/

is it movie any good or is it just overrated chuck jones schlock?

Leafy: A Hen into the Wild, Arashi no Yoru Ni, and You are Umasou

Chuck Jones was technically not supposed to be working on the movie, so his involvement may have been limited. And I recall there's at least one really great scene where they reference various artists that makes the whole movie worth it to me, imo. Also it is definitely comfy, though I'll admit not very fantastic.

I'm gonna warn you that this movie lags in a lot of places and has too many songs, and many of the songs aren't even that great.

BUT it is still pretty good, and the animation is very impressive.

>richard williams directed this
i still can't believe it to this day desu

Not a movie or fantasy but maximum comfy. Also an adorable and impossibly good hearted main character, much like Unico.

Panda go Panda

>not this one

TO MUCH /A SHIT

really, you can't go wrong with most Ghibli.

fuck off with the fireflies man

>Hanna-Barbera
>compared to something Miyazaki was a part in making

I haven't seen Hanna-Barbera's version yet, but I'm skeptical.

Okay, I'll admit that list wasn't made specifically for OP's request. But you gotta admit a significant portion of scenes in that are pretty damn comfy, despite the overall tone.

If you haven't seen Disney's golden age films yet, get on that.

The japanese The Little Mermaid

This film is underrated as fuck. The castle sequence is worth watching alone.

Ringing Bell is fucking amazing. It's like Bambi meets Revenge of the Sith.

Klonoa movie is a-comin'.

Just you wait... a year or two.

The songs didn't have to be there, but they aren't horrible. Aside from songs (which you may not like), the story is simple, but it works. Seconding the "comfy" rating.

His then wife Dorothy had a hand in the movie.

Funny, Don Bluth considered doing that one (along with others) until Spielberg came in and said "Nope! You're doing what I say!"

This anime was huge in Europe as well as Japan.

Unico?

Can't find it anywhere online anymore though :(

IT WAS RELEASED ON DVD.

This film inspired Castle of Caligiostro. Seriously, go watch it and compare.

Also at one point it goes more anime than anime with it's own giant robot.

I am not joking.

I can't watch the same movie the same way after the director revealed that it wasn't supposed to exploring the horrors of war and nuclear weapons but instead the moral being "HOW DARE YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN DISHONOR JAPAN, LOOK ON HOW YOUR ANCESTORS AND PARENTS SUFFERED BACK IN THE DAY NOW GET BACK TO STUDYING AND BRING HONOR TO GLORIOUS NIPPON!"

How many cases are there, when a film was unfinished, released against the director, and then the director was allowed to finish the project years later, and re-released as intended?

*against the director's wishes

Can only think of Iron Giant, since 2 more scenes were added specifically for the Blu-Ray release.

The closest example that comes to mind is The Thief and the Cobbler, and that was a clusterfuck of a mess.

Ffffffffuck that thing scared me as a kid. And this isn't a well known movie! I tried to describe it and nobody knew what I was talking about. I thought I hallucinated it until Youtube came around.

This movie is a masterpiece and is basically the reason Ghibli exist.

Thief and the Cobbler never got re-released as intended though. That was just a fancut.

Seconding OP

bump

Samething happened to me. I loved all the extra spooky parts even when I was too young to understand it well.

I had the NES version of this. Didn't know it was anything other than a game at the time.

Ur a gaypedo shit

The character became the trademark for Toei Animation.