You know, it wouldn't have been the worst thing if Doctor Strange had an English accent

You know, it wouldn't have been the worst thing if Doctor Strange had an English accent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BLT-SQUBRDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

agreed, the american accent was the most distracting thing for me

He didn't?

No, it wouldn't have.

But the character was never British. What exactly is your point? That the actor is British?

DOIMEHMYU, OIFE CAM TEH BAGGIN

No, but the actor can do a serviceable American accent and the character is canonically American, so...?

>changing a character's nationality because of a particular actor

that's stupid, if the actor is any good at acting, they'd do the accent

>But the character was never British.
When we think of wizards/sorcerers, we think of Brits.

What kind of accent did Vincent Price have anyway? He was always the main inspiration for Strange

Orpheus doesn't speak with a British accent you mongoloid.

He doesn't speak with an American accent either. Which is my main point.

American radio accent.

He speaks in a very theatrical manner, but it is an American accent.

Also your point was literally that the stereotypical sorcerer archetype evokes the image of a brit, while posting Orpheus.

Same, friend. Glad to know im not alone. Also the AWFUL jokes. I mentally checked out, and felt too old to be there, when that gay cape was introduced

>this movie would have been better if he was just dr.orpheus

Why would a nebraskan have an English accent?

He speaks in an transatlantic accent.
youtu.be/BLT-SQUBRDw

Try me, Beyonce!

That joke was the definition of cringe

Being nebraskan is not integral to his charecter, and I've known a lot of British immigrants to the states

I for one would have trouble taking a British baseball fan seriously.

Considering the "Did they work for you?" follow up bit, that may have been the original intention.

Sadly, I think the delivery being so bad prevented that from coming through.

Huh.

It would have been fine if it were an actual American accent

I liked Cumberbatch far more than I thought I would but his American accent simply wasn't good

"Open the daRRRRRRRRRRR"

But that's like, Strange's thing. You think he's a powerful British sorcerer type but he's a shmuck from New York.

wisdom

And I hope you realize your opinion is worthless.

>we
I don't think anyone ever does.

Yeah, his American accent was surprisingly bad, which is weird; Brits can usually do accents pretty well. The prnounciation was fine, but it sounded... unnatural. Could definately hear the vrit under it.

*Brit

I'm now thinking about Strange with a heavy Bronx accent.

I want it. Badly.

And the Ancient One wasn't a bald woman. And Mordo wasn't a nigger.

What's your point?

Nigger Mordo was recursively better than comic Mordo, let's be honest here.

Becky pls go

I didn't say it was bad. Personally, I loved Tilda's performance in the movie.

My point is that MCU movies ignore source material so often that having Cucumberbotch with a Brittish accent wasn't a big deal.

when i think of wizards and sorcerers. i think of virgins on message boards.

so yeah youre right.

lol, are you mad?

Not all source material was created equal, it's judged on a scale of importance. And IMO Strange being a yank is more important than Mordo being shit.
That said TAO shoulda been a sherpa.

Well, your opinion is objectively incorrect. Because Strange having an american accent doesn't effect his character at all, and if we go by the order of importance of source material the accent is as important as what kind of socks he uses.

I didn't even mention accents.
Bering a yank pertains to more than what you sound like user.

>whole thread is about the accent
>the post your replied to specifically said "brittish accent"
>blatantly changing goalposts after giving us a taste of his terrible opinion and being proved wrong
Just shut up, pal.

Just make me senpai
or read some Dr Strange comics. That'd work too.

>gets told yet again
>r-read comics!
You crack me up, pal!

That sounds like a "no".

Doesn't matter what it sounds to you mate. Your shitty opinion is still wrong.

He was from St. Louis, but trained in England, so he had an interesting blend.

But you didn't understand what my opinion was in the first place!

Except your ''''opinion'''' wasn't even relevant to the discussion, and it was wrong anyway since being American barely matters to the Dr. Strange character nor has it influenced his stories at all.

>b-but being american makes him different
No, it doesn't. He's not Thor or Black Panther where their birth place actually matters.

I'm not so sure about that

I watched black mirror recently and noticed quite a few bad american accents in that as we ll

it wouldn't have been the worst thing if he was turkish either

A theater accent. Kind of like Patti Lupone.

>nigger
Edgy.

Inb4 reddit/tumblr. I'm /r9k/

Should have stayed home and put a plastic bag over your head.

I always wish Cap had a really obnoxious Brooklyn accent.

Him not having an English accent is the only fucking reason I was able to tolerate the fucking awful casting of Benedict Faggotface.

I mean, my position on this is that Strange ought to be a New Yorker in his adult life, but his pre-career upbringing isn't so essential to the character that he needs to have been born there, or even in the States. It's not like Ben Grimm, who's intricately tied to Yancy street, and Reed Ricards, and whatnot, most of the time when they delve into Strange's pre-sorcerer life, the only go as far as his career as a surgeon, this movie included. So why not just make him a Brit?