youtube.com/watch?v=bNlfy82h81Y&ab_channel=Δαρείος
youtube.com/watch?v=H0EFHCWJ6PA&ab_channel=LeonardodaVinci
m.youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Pope
youtube.com/watch?v=6TxjrHPHypA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>americucks hate it

That hat is /fa/ as fuk

I say it all the time, getting 2 eps per week really spoiled us but for the better

No they don't. It's an American show made by and for Americans

explain the ratings dip when americucks got their hands on it

that explains why it wasn't even nominated for any emmys. the show was god tier

What is that type of metal hat called??? I want to order one

That would look so dope to wear when I go grocery shopping or something

it's the papal tiara

Thank user. Just the new style I was looking for

This show was so wonderful and beautiful. We didn't deserve it. Can't believe they're making a new season without jude law.

>when I go grocery shopping

That's Holy Bling, user...you gotta be careful what you do while wearing that particular headgear.

>Voiello's retarded kid friend is supposed to be the american audience as voiello gives exposition

>watch The Young Pope
>be amazed at its fairness to both liberal and conservative approaches to Catholicism, the complexity of the characters, and the beautiful cinematography all while retaining a sense of humor
>watch the "Catholics Review" of Young Pope episodes on YouTube
>they hate it because they couldn't handle the threesome scene
>go to Sup Forums
>they love it because they think Lenny is an insert for their hero Donald Trump

>>go to Sup Forums
>>they love it because they think Lenny is an insert for their hero Donald Trump
I've never seen this

I don't like how Lenny is an idiot most of the time.

But it really is a great show.

It fucking sucks how fedora lords from cuckservatives to libcucks have completely dismissed this show from just the premise

Well they advertised it pretty heavily politically during the election, and they made it seem like Lenny would be radically progressive.

So when the liberals showed up to watch, they immediately got butthurt.
And conservatives don't like Catholicism, and don't give much of a shit about the arts, let alone Italian television they'd have to read subtitles to understand.

It angers me how taste in shows are pretty much lost to these losers

>conservatives don't like Catholicism, and don't give much of a shit about the arts
wtf is this an American thing?

My catholic friends would disagree

Pretty much a whole western thing during the protestant reformation. Protestants and Anglicans hated the catholics which explains why the British AND Americans hated the irish.

Catholics are split around 50-50 R-D, but would easily swing in favor of Dems if they were pro life. It's the Protestants, Evangelicals, and Baptists that vote Rep.

Woah dude, your singular anecdotal instance totally invalidates prevailing social and cultural trends of the past hundreds of years.

youtube.com/watch?v=591n8GKvyaY

Name a better scene. Protip: you can't.

I loved it and I'm hamburger as fuck

I know lots of catholics tho

This one from episode 9

Dat orgy scene was something else

>they hate it because they couldn't handle the threesome scene

It was just kinda gratuitous and unnecessarily plebby HBO watcher faux titillating nonsense.

>>they love it because they think Lenny is an insert for their hero Donald Trump

Liberals thought that too, one of the reviews I tried to read about this show was 50% baaaawwwwing about the election, and you bet your ass that if Hilldawg had won there would have been 6,00000 articles comparing Lenny to Trump and laughing about Drumpf's failure.

that pic is reddit-tier and gay as fuck, don't ever post it again

the Africa speech and the smile speech

youtube.com/watch?v=CV6b4-9jPHA

>And conservatives don't like Catholicism

Catholics like William F. Buckley and Russell Kirk really founded the modern american conservative movement. A good number of influential Republicans including big names such as Newt Gingrich, Paul Ryan and Steve Bannon are all Catholic. Plenty of Catholic Tories like Jacob Rees-Mogg around too. It's hard to justify a vote for the Democrats or Labour these days if you actually believe the church's teachings on sexuality and abortion.

Kek,amerilards on suicide watch

Muh dick young sister Mary

Literally never ever seen this; this is in your head only.

>William F. Buckley
>conservative

It was fantastic. Although, when I recommend it I say to skip the first episode.

t. LCMS Lutheran

good lord

Yeah americans arent huge fans of catholics outside of your typical immigrant groups. It's why Kennedy was so suspiciously viewed. Voters thought he was controlled by the Pope and the italian mob

>neoconservative
>conservative

pic one.

Fuck Buckley. He betrayed the conservative/liberty movement. An actual traitor within the gates.

Real traditional Catholics all move over to either paleocon/paleolibertarianism.

The American conservative movement is heavily tied in with Evangelical Protestantism, which is barely recognizable as either Christianity or as conservatism. This is part of why the Republican party is so retarded. It's also where the stereotypical obnoxious Liberal Atheist gets its genesis, as a reaction against this movement.

>tfw shed a tear when sister mary said farewell to vioello
When they were becoming good friends, she had to leave. It was so sad.

Watch Borgia instead.

I never saw any promotion for it. I wouldn't have even heard of it had it not been for Sup Forums

This a thousand times.

>Evangelical Protestantism
You misspelled "Zionism"

EMJ's work legitimately led me away from edgy Natsoc Agnosticism to Catholicism, I'd like to shake his hand some day.
My local priest who does the Latin mass is a big fan of Father Coughlin

Crusade when? This time to root out all the Protestant heretics just like we crushed the Cathars in 1229

Young Mary playing bball

>crushed the cathars in 1229
Absolutely Urbanian

>Implying any Catholic Coalition could match a Protestant Coalition

We Total War now

why is he wearing an egg on his head

Eggsactly.

And why do you think they didn't promote it in America?

Your country is literally retarded, man. Deal with it.

Well done.

>vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/the-young-pope-hbo-review

HBO’s Vatican drama is darker and harsher than the memes would have you believe.

But . . . I don’t know. I’m having trouble reveling in it right now. The show’s accidental similarities to real-life events—Lenny was elected Pope in a stunning upset that confounded the Vatican establishment’s assumption that a more familiar veteran would win—are so keenly felt in the first half of the season that it makes for difficult viewing. I don’t really want to watch this amoral, perhaps insane autocrat exert his ordained might, upending an age-old institution while others fearfully scramble—disbelieving and caught entirely off guard—to save what they can. Sorry, that’s just not the kind of Sunday night I want to have right now. I’m sure those with stronger stomachs—or, indeed, different political sensibilities—will find something exciting or trenchant in The Young Pope’s political annihilation. But, for me, it’s no fun.
[...]
The main Italian in the cast is Silvio Orlando as a beleaguered, mole-flecked cardinal tasked with advising this cocky young Pope, and thwarted at nearly every turn. Cardinal Voiello is horrified by the new Pope’s flouting of tradition, his refusal to submit himself to observance of common courtesies and ethics. (Ugh.) Voiello plays the role of dutiful vizier when in the presence Pope Pius, though we know—and Lenny knows—that he’s much craftier and more resourceful than he lets on. A potentially satisfying bit of intrigue is developing there, but for my sanity’s sake, Voiello better be able to topple this frightening, power-mad narcissist.If not, all of Sorrentino’s style and quirky Euro humor will have been in the service of something rather cruel and redundant. We’ve already got a real authoritarian fox (Trump) in the henhouse to worry about. Lord help us, we don’t need another one on TV—blessed though he may be.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNlfy82h81Y&ab_channel=Δαρείος

youtube.com/watch?v=H0EFHCWJ6PA&ab_channel=LeonardodaVinci

I can't imagine how sheltered you'd have to be to think a buffoon like Trump is some kind of fascist mastermind.

>tfw descendant of lapsed prods
>tfw you agree with the message of Libido Dominandi wholeheartedly but yo don't know how to push it

>The fucking state of California
You don't deserve Kino

oh no i am far too busy for that

A daring hypothesis...

*blocks your path*
*walks towards you*
*Demands that you repeat your demure of Maradona to his face*

>is horrified by the new Pope’s flouting of tradition
Atheist here, I thought that's what Lenny was trying to do?

:'(

So beautiful.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=isgydm69YLE

Maradona is a fat coke-head negro! And his highest achievement was pure ref-ball!

It's Lenny's attentive listening of the song at the start, his face says it all. Jude is a great actor.

Also, how Lenny looks past the camera half way in towards the qt dancing.

I've watched Lenny's address to the cardinals 7 or 8 times. 100% kino.

>It's an American show made by and for Americans
>this is what americucks actually believe

Americans are just fucking weird in terms of their religious approach. So many off-shoots that may as well be straight up cults for all intents and purposes are allowed to exist because of religious freedom while still giving their originating religion a bad name.

>It's an American show
it's Italian

>American lead actor
>Dialogue in American
I don't think so, Tim

It wasn't nominated because nobody watched it. What a great show.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Pope
first sentence

>Italian director
>based on an Italian screenplay
>Italian/Spanish/French co-production
>language is 50/50 Italian/English
>half of the cast is Italian
>based in Italy
keep dreaming lad

>American lead actor
first of all Jude is british, second; he's playing an american priest

It takes place in Italy (well, technically Vatican City), I'll give you that. But it clearly says that it was made for HBO.

obviously meant for

but also for 2 european channels

kek'd

HBO is the one that mattered, though. Nobody cares if 5 Brits watched it on BBC or whatever.

yet the show aired everywhere in europe months before it got to the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TxjrHPHypA

nice

Looks kinda like a bullet. Perfect for Amerishoots.

>replying to obvious bait
@88564521
(you)

>dirty heathen country

you simply cant understand

That man is to young to be Pope
And the Italians and the Catholic Church and probably most of its followers.

>That man is to young to be Pope
there's no rule for that also the entire point of the series is that he's young

It did get two nominations in pretty minor categories. Didn't win either of them though

If you'd actually been here, Sup Forums often makes fun of those awful American reviewers who thought it was some sort of Trump allegory despite the fact the show had been written long before Trump even ran for Republican nominee. No-one with half a brain thinks that.

FFS, stop convincing me to watch these Netflix shows

I have shit to do with my weekends

It's not Netflix and it's easily one of the top 3 shows of the 21st century so worth 10 hours of your time.

fairy muff

>the show that almost made me catholic

It truly is a thing of wonder and beauty.

My top 3 favorite movies, because it really reads better as a long movie than a series.

>nuns playing football in their habits and crosses

kino