AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Filming begins on January 23rd. Here's the cast so far.

Confirmed

>Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
>Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
>Chris Hemsworth as Thor
>Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk
>Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
>Sebastian Stan as James "Bucky" Barnes / Winter Soldier
>Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord
>Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange / Doctor Strange
>Benedict Wong as Wong
>Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
>Tom Hiddleston as Loki
>Josh Brolin as Thanos

Semi-confirmed / Rumored

>Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
>Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye
>Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
>Paul Bettany as Vision
>Zoe Saldana as Gamora
>Dave Bautista as Drax
>Bradley Cooper as Rocket
>Vin Diesel as Groot
>Pom Klementieff as Mantis
>Karen Gillian as Nebula

Unclear

>Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
>Don Cheadle as James Rhodes / War Machine
>Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
>Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel
>Colbie Smulders as Maria Hill
>William Hurt as Thaddeus Ross

Not happening

>Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa / Black Panther
>Evangeline Lily as Hope Van Dyne / The Wasp

Can the Russos pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx1yt90wzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Can the Russos pull it off?

Dunno. But I'm willing to place my faith in them. They've delivered good thus far.

I mean shit, they went and got based Silvestri back to score the film. I hope we'll get some classic Cap theme one last time.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx1yt90wzA

Speaking of which, Cap is totally going to die in the second one, isn't he?

>Millar
Oh, god. Tell me this is real.

>Not happening
W-what?

>not enough quips

>Not happening
Huh?

I bet he'll be in Infinity War Part Two, or whatever they rename that movie to.

Make way for Queen Yaas the First.

So. Many. Jokes. The crowd will die from laughter

He won't be in INFINITY WAR, but he'll be in AVENGERS 4.

BLACK PANTHER is filming concurrently with INFINITY WAR, he can't be on both.

They're filming for 9 months for Infinity War & Avengers 4 though, BP should be finished in about 4-5 months.

The Russos said they'll film one day for the first movie, another day for the second movie. They can always film Boseman's parts in the last 4-5 months after he finishes on BP.

Basically . I was worried after Ultron but Civil War gave me faith. They juggled a lot of arcs and still made them feel satisfying, big improvement.
I'm more worried about Panther's & Carol's solo movies desu. They SHOULD be relatively self-contained but look to be in danger of overrelying on Avengers shit. I guess Marvel don't have faith in black or women.

Is IF filming right now? I heard that it would a few months back.

I think BP is safe, Feige said that Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok will be the ones that will deal with the last IW set-ups (the remaining infinity stones).

Captain Marvel will probably have IW stuff since it's released between the two movies and she deals with the cosmic part. I doubt BP will have much to do with the Thanos plot though, probably just a post credit scene.

From the looks of BP's cast, the story ought to be entirely self-contained right now. At worst they might involve Vibranium in the Infinity War plot.

I'm betting they'll develop a Vibranium-based weaponry to momentarily repel Thanos's offensive.

>Cap is totally going to die in the second one, isn't he?
No... he lived through Age of Ultron. But I think you mean the fourth one. As far as we know, he may. Evans' contract expires with Infinity War, but he's confirmed to come back for Avengers 4. After that, it's up in the air. Though Evans has gone on record saying he's down for staying with them without a contract if they have more plans for Steve.

To be fair, that's not entirely out of sync with the society in which those films will be made.

Evans is the only thing worth seeing in these family comedies anymore. We dont deserve him.

I think Cap and Iron Man will "die" but not really, like Star-Lord and Nova in Thanos Imperative. They'll hold Thanos back somehow until everyone else escapes and then they'll remain trapped in the Cancerverse or whatever other planet/dimension.

That way, in 20 years Marvel can make a movie a la Force Awakens when old Evans and RDJ can come back. They will sort of die in Avengers 4, but not in a way that will stop them from coming back in a decade or so.

>Evans is the only thing worth seeing

>implying the likes of Anthony Mackie, Chris Pratt, Sebastian Stan and Elizabeth Olsen aren't god tier awesome people

>I think Cap and Iron Man will "die" but not really, like Star-Lord and Nova in Thanos Imperative. They'll hold Thanos back somehow until everyone else escapes and then they'll remain trapped in the Cancerverse or whatever other planet/dimension.

I could see something like that, but not them WITH Thanos considering that Wanda is supposedly going to be largely responsible for his ultimate defeat.

Ill give you stan, even though hes 85% silent brooding. Pratt is fucking cringe in gotg.

>>>/leftypol/

Feige said certain actors will be filming 2 movies at once

I thought y'all were goin' full isolationist.

IMO the fact that they're both introduced in movies other than their own (allegedly, in Carol's case) is a warning sign.
You could easily follow the stories of Iron Man, Cap or Thor by just watching their own movies and the intervening Avengers movies. These two, you gotta start in someone else's. Strange, however, you know, the white guy, gets to debut on his own without a >2 hour trailer helping out.

That and I'm worried Bucky's gonna be a deus ex machina in BP.

...Oh.
Oh you meant the blacks & women bit.

How so?

They pulled off Civil War so well I'm sure the Russos will be fine here.

dis

You forgot this one buddy

Not canon

>Charlie Cox as Daredevil
>John Bernthal as Punisher
>Ayy Lmao chick as Jessica Jones
>Nigger as Luke Cage
>Curlyfag as Iron Fist
>the entirety of Agents of SHIT cast

Do you even watch any of these?

Both seasons of DD, Cage, JJ and dropped AoS mid first season, came back at the start of S2 but it was still garbage.

But what does that have to do with the fact they're officially non-canon again?

Someone has to die. Actually die. And Cap and Stark are the only ones who'd make an impact, but RJD is still more profitable and can be persuaded to cameo the longest and easiest.

>Cap dies.
>Stark retires.
>Bucky becomes new Cap.

SCREENCAP THIS.

Yup, some variation of this will go down.

> Edgelord criticises Russo's for being Edgelords.

Millar is salty because the Russo's can make a story serious without death's, incest, or rape.

Thus confused is Millar, and salty with it.

The person who brings down the villain always dies, as victory has to have a price.

Wanda is probably toast, especially with Carol and Hope making her expendable.

The Russo's don't have the visual flair of Gunn or Derickson.

They are great at characterisation but are visually unimaginative.

>Unclear
>Not happening
An alleged casting call has apparently confirmed Brie Larson, Chadwick Boseman & Paul Rudd.

>No Black Panther
>No Wasp

Gonna need a source.

Seeing as Feige has said BP leads into Infinity War, Panther is a certainty.

Ending IMHO might be Ross ordering Stark and Vision to take down Panther.

Nova and Agatha Harkness are new characters that might be introduced in IW.

Evangeline Lilly herself said she's not in "Infinity War".

>They are great at characterisation but are visually unimaginative.
This.

They seriously need to get someone to improve the movies aesthetics. Winter Soldier worked on their style, but Civil War didn't feel right. And god knows Infinity War should't look like a freaking TV show.

No matter how much you keep saying it won't make it true.

>His opinion holds particular weight given that he wrote the comic event series on which Marvels based its big-screen adaption

His opinion means shit, I read Civil War and it was a puddle of piss through-and-through. The movie isn't perfect but anything is an improvement over that fuckfest.

Except it's true.

It's been confirmed since past June that Marvel TV and the MCU are two completely different entities and that IW won't acknowledge the existence of the Netflix shows nor Agents of SHIET therefore making them non-canon.

If you're gonna get angry to someone then blame the Kike.

>How so?

DANCE OFF BRO LMAO

Oh so you don't understand the difference between non-canon and no crossover, even worse

>How so?

Star Lord is 80s References: The Character.

See

Except Pratt had the charisma to pull it off. He was genuinely entertaining to watch. You're just following the contrarian hivemind.

I don't undersand wich post you're trying to refer me to, but there's nothing in this thread that disprove what i said.

>Not happening

>>Evangeline Lily as Hope Van Dyne / The Wasp

Why?

I'm actually really okay if Spider-Man isn't in this. Unless Holland immensely wows us in Homecoming, I'll probably remain luke-warm on him at best. And even then, Spidey doesn't really have a great place in a fight against Thanos (though more of a place than Widow or Hawkeye.)

I find it hard to believe the Russos would have made that "she has the potential to save the universe" comment if she were actually planned to do that.

Hard to know at this point though. Obviously a lot of people assume Thanos will kill Vision to get the stone thingie but I don't know if it'll happen for real.

How is that stopping him? Steve is going to be in both Black Panther and IF

Originally, I would have disagreed with you on Nova being introduced in IW, since it seems way too late in the game to bring in new characters, especially ones that are total powerhouses.
Then again, Vision was introduced in the last half hour of AoU, and he was there win condition against Ultron. Of course, those 2 have a lot of history together; while I do think there is plenty of opportunity to explore a relation between Nova and Thanos, especially now, Marvel probably doesn't feel the same way.

People are allowed to not like shit you liked. You could just as easily claim they were following the hive mind by saying they liked him. Who cares either way?

Wanda being a woman makes her practically inmortal.

Apparently, the cinematographer from GOTG is going to work on IW and Avengers 4.

Not with Carol around it doesn't.

Why?

Carol fills the role of Mary Sue powerhouse and is a soldier.

SJWs won't just get happy with token woman hero, though.

sweet

You forgot Paul Rudd.

Headline: The Writer of Trouble Thinks He's Allowed to Criticize Something

I think it'd be really cool if they released a special single episode of Defenders on the same day Infinity War comes out as a tribute to event tie-in comics.

Ultron and Civil War were trash, what makes you think they can pull this off?

Ultron was alright. Civil War was great

They had nothing to do with Ultron.
Also, Civil War was fantastic.

>civil war
>pulled off

no.

>Also, Civil War was fantastic.

This

They've said they want to intro her properly in her own movie to do her justice. I think the Ant-Man & Wasp movie happens between Avengers 3&4 so she'll probably be in 4.

I love the Russos, but I have to agree. They're really great storytellers and amazing with understanding characterization and they work really well with Marcus & Mcfeely to tighten the scripts and make sure every character's arc no matter how small make sense. I really enjoy the fight scenes. But there's no grand artistry to their shots, I wish they had a bit more visual drama.

So how are they going to get the gauntlet off Thanos?

Dance off? Will he be defeated by his own hubris?

This. It's the same reason she wasn't in Civil War when ANTS was.

>Millar having shit taste
Nothing to see here

>he can't be on both
He 100℅ can

So we NEED Whedon after all

IMDB has the guy from WS/CW as cinematographer

Whedon is decent with cinematography but nothing great. He's hardly the best in the MCU when it comes to visuals, I don't think he'd vastly improve anything. He's also much worse in his understanding of the characters and decent storytelling and editing.

It is, he also didn't like Rogue One or Finding Dory and said Independence Day 2 was the worst movie of the year

He's just salty the Russos managed to take his pile of crap and make something watchable out of it, and everyone can tell.

Nah, we need the cinematographer and maybe some other visual guys from Doctor Strange.

The fuck? God no hes the most tv show of the lot. It needs Gunns eye for color and fuckin... PAZAZZ. I'll shit blood if Infinity War has that same washed out aesthetic and flat basic angles as civil war.

>I'll shit blood if Infinity War has that same washed out aesthetic and flat basic angles as civil war.
It will. Its the same cinematographer.

Wanda is best MCU girl pls no

Stan is cool, but Mackie>Stan

Evans=Mackie>Olsen=Rudd>Stan>Pratt
and Pratt is that low only because the material they give him is shit

>Steve is going to be in both Black Panther

Nope

fuck yeah I've been waiting for this ever since they revealed Thanos

THE END BEGINS HERE

>Justice League Part 2 cast:

>Henry Cavill
>Ben Affleck
>Jason Momoa
>Joe Manganiello
>Jared Leto
>Ezra Miller
>J.K. Simmons
>Ray Fisher
>Jesse Eisenberg
>Lawrence Fishburne
>J.D. "Negan" Morgan (another flashback/nightmare pls)
>Chris Pine (Maybe?)
>Whoever the fuck is playing Green Lantern
>Willem "Awesome" Dafoe
>David Thewlis
>Jeremy Irons
>Will Smith
>Amy Adams
>Gal Gadot
>Amber Heard
>Margot Robbie

>Zack fucking Snyder!

YAAS QUEEN!