What made it good?

What made it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DWUOcTIgI18
youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA
youtu.be/QAfo-F8F-WE
youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Orel sounds like oral which makes me think of blowjobs.

do NOT sexualize orel

Shock value.

Mostly Nature and Season 3

The show took great pains to mock the people who pay lip service to the ideals and morals of Christianity rather than mock Christianity itself.

Post yfw
youtu.be/DWUOcTIgI18

Happened

Or this scene

youtu.be/RksP2GrmJBA

...?

>I feel thoughts of emotion and I need people to know that
This is the most I've felt towards a charecter in a while, is Morel Orel usually this heavy or is this a one off? Didn't watch it yet.

Only in the third season and the Nature two parter

yes it is, but only towards the end of the show
Watch the entire show anyways or it won't make as much sense/have as much of an impact

Season One and the first half of Season Two are generally light-hearted fare. The show becomes less a parody of wholesome 1950s sitcoms and more an exploration of the hypocrisy of Moralton's adults in the second half of Season Two. Season Three may even be the thematically darkest animation ever produced in the United States.

In fact, it got so dark it got the series cancelled

But it ended happily for Orel, so I'm good with that.

>It's a season 3 casuals thread

And the grand irony there is that the network wanted the show to go darker after Season Two.

is there any other type of thread

I still want to know what happens to Stephanie, she was in my top 3 favorite characters

>we will never know if she is happy with a qt gf
feels bad man

Favorite episode?

For me it's either Closeface or Alone

It really hits you because you've almost certainly dismissed Nurse Bendy too. She's a joke, who the fuck cares about the stupid bimbo? The scene where Principal Fakey is screwing her and she couldn't care less and is just disappointed that her sandwich is dry is funny, right up until this scene.

I would have to go with "Honor". Seeing Orel get the life he deserves is just so goddamned heartwarming. (Bonus heartwarming points go to Nurse Bendy and Joe ice-skating together.)

Nature, both parts.

youtu.be/QAfo-F8F-WE

This is pretty funny shit

Never watched this show but I've seen people talk about how dark Season 3 is. Just what happens in that season?

A better question would be, why is it so much better than Bojack Horseman?

Or, why didn't it get praised as much as Bojack Horseman, given that it's so much better?

Ahead of it's time imo

And I haven't found a show like this in America OR Japan.

Bingo, and Bojack Horseman didn't do anything like this.

Basically they stop with the jokes and start looking at the characters through the lens of what would actually happen to them in a shitty town like Moralton. For example, the stupid bimbo Nurse's main joke is that she's really stupid and very easy, everyone is fucking her while either ignoring the stupid shit she says, or just outright telling her to shut up. So in season 3, it's revealed that she's so mentally damaged by her treatment and so unable to cope with it that she reverts into a childlike state when she's at home where she can play pretend that she's a normal adult, and when her teddy bear 'husband' bumps against her butt she has a full on mental breakdown because she thinks he's going to rape her.

The cartoon characters start to show that there were more human then they wanted the viewers to know.

The third season explores the lives of the adults who live in Moralton, whereas the first two seasons concentrated on Orel. In the third season, we find out what happened to Clay in his childhood that made him a fucked-up adult, the sad reason why Bloberta married Clay, and...well, "Alone" is its own special kind of dark.

That's nothing. In "Alone", we find out that Orel's teacher was raped, enjoyed it, and was implied to have given herself a coathanger abortion.

Oh, and Miss Censordoll, the town librarian? She had her ovaries removed as a child, so she can never have children.

And it's why she has an egg fetish

And it's why, despite not actually being all that old, she looks like an old crone.

I watched through the second half of season 2 and through season 3 and I have to say that I don't think it's as great as it gets hyped up on here. I don't think it was bad or anything, but the whole character of Clay just felt so cartoonishly "evil" that I found it hard to get as emotionally invested as everyone else here seems to, I thought there were some great moments in the third season that have been mostly mentioned in this thread, but I felt there were a lot of times where it tried to handle more complex themes but it just mishandled them which really detracted from the show overall. There were some glimpses of brilliance in there, and I know there were some production issues with the show, and I do think it's certainly worth watching and I praise it for trying to do so much and going so far, but I don't think it's the show people on here hype it up to be.

What has Bojack Horseman got to do with any of this? If we just want to compare the shows side by side Bojack is still a lot better, it doesn't get as bleak as Moral Orel, sure, but that's only the real string to Moral Orel's bow here.

I'm biased, mainly because I grew up in a Christian community like that, sobI relate to it more

In fairness, Season Three was supposed to flesh out a few storylines (including Clay's relationship with his father and the Clay/Censordoll relationship) before [adult swim] axed the show early. Dino had to abandon some of the material he planned so he could put together a proper finalé.

Yea it triggers me hard. Faggots who skip parts of shows should be rounded up and shot. Either don't watch or legitimately experience it.

Yeah, it certainly feels that way which is a real shame, though I do think the ending turned out pretty great.

Do most people on Sup Forums not watch the whole show? fuck now I'm triggered too
The impact of season 3 is probably not as powerful if you haven't seen the whole show anyways

To be fair you can't talk about seasons 1 or 2 without butthurt christfags whining about MUH FEDORA. Or, at least, you couldn't talk about them, the fedora meme seems to have run its course.

Clay's rant in Sacrifice.

What amuses me about that sort of thing is that "Moral Orel" doesn't really condemn religion in general (or Christianity in particular). The foibles and follies of Orel's life in Moralton happen because the adults care more about paying lip service to God and holding onto the illusion of normalcy than in being good Christians. The show never shows Orel abandoning his faith; if anything, his faith grows stronger because of his life experiences. I believe Dino even said Orel stays in Moralton after he grows up because Orel wants to help make the town a better place.

It's a show everybody can enjoy because despite the over-arching theme of Christianity, it's really about bad people hiding behind religion than it is about the harms of religion. It shows how religion helps Orel be a good person, while everyone around him is a pathetic shell of a person (except maybe the preacher and his qt3.15 daughter).

The preacher is absolutely a pathetic shell of a person, he's just more sympathetic because he realizes how sad his life is and tries to change it (and because Sup Forums can relate to his life).

That was pretty hot.

Reverend Putty's evolution is spurred on mostly by his finding out about his daughter. His acceptance of her being gay is one of the show's best moments.

Clay's rant in sacrifice is awful. He just reminds me of my father and this god awful and holier than thou he thinks he is over everyone else but in the end hes just some bitter angry drunk fuck who is angry at everything and everyone.

by being good

>The show never shows Orel abandoning his faith
I thought he briefly lost his faith after his dad shot him.

His rant both demonizes and humanizes him - we're meant to hate him for who he is, then pity him for why he is who he is.

He never fully abandoned it, though.

>that last clip

So this is what complete depravity feels like...
And right after watching her breakdown scene too

Fuck...I forgot how incredibly depressing this show was.

Everything he has to say in that three minutes of dialogue is a message about him and the people he speaks to.
There is nothing in that scene short of a true masterpiece depicting the soul of the shows most flawed, broken, and dangerous character.
Putty is pathetic, the cop is weak, potterswheel is fucking bloberta, but clay is fucking stopframe. Clay knows hes the worst influence on orel, but he cant accept it. And he hides his real feelings by drinking, but in nature he lets them loose on orel and nearly kills him.

>But isn't the daddy too drunk to be on top? I know mine usually is!
>...Yes, Orel. But goats are BETTER then your parents.

I wish we had seen more of the grandfather. He may have been a cock to Clay but he was still great in Beforel Orel.

Wasn't that the point?

We were supposed to see him in Season Three until Buzzkill Lazzo happened.

It's like getting hard for a toddler...

You post on Sup Forums, yet you do not know about this level of depravity? Oh, you sweet summer child.

Hey man, I get it up for fuchur like everyone else but Bendy is a level of purity tarnished that would be like getting turned on by Clarissa

Shock value
But namely the fact that it criticized the often hypocritical values of Catholicism and religion in general, while otherwise re-enforcing the positive ones.

The ending is what really made this show--despite coming from a broken family, it was the hardships he endured that shaped his character and otherwise made him a well-rounded person.

It really is the televised version of The Book of Mormon play

>Catholicism
Nigga wut

I dunno man--Christianity is Greek to me

So Eastern Orthodox, then.

>Catholicism
fuck off back to Sinville, you heretic!

yea I actively see people telling anons to skip seasons 1 and 2 because they're not as good, which is insane, and I can hardly believe several Moral Orel fans would have that opinion if they've actually watched it. Like if you hate 2/3 of the show why are you telling people to watch at all? Smells like s3 casuals convincing others to become casuals as well

Clay reminds me of my step father

Morel Orel is heavily based on particularly American strains of Protestantism.

>that episode where joe beat the shit out of his dad

I dunno why nobody ever talks about it. That hit me hard

Probably because the episode has a happy ending, one of the few in the series.

Why did you quit working on me?!

On top of that, Season 3 only works as well as it does with the first two seasons as buildup.

This.

>and I can hardly believe several Moral Orel fans would have that opinion
Well, Moral Orel fans are pretty stupid

>tfw too much of a bitch to watch the last season

I've never seen this recommended, what are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ

Still one of my favorite scenes from any animated show or movie.

Just do it you faggot, it's not really as bad as people on here make it out to be.

it was on so late at night they somehow were allowed to criticize christian culture

I think that user just meant outright abandon cause at the end he very much still has it.

>somehow were allowed to criticize christian culture
It's not like it aired during the middle ages