So how you prefer Red Sonja?

So how you prefer Red Sonja?

With or without the Oath of Chastity?

I don't really give a shit, it's all about the writing. I can see why it has its storytelling merits but I also see why some people find it outdated. I just don't like how Simone writes her.

Yes Simone's eternally horny Sonja, was a bit too much. Especially when she wanted to fuck every loser that she met in her path.

With the oath, but not so retarded.

When Red Sonja only fucks the guys that can best her in sword play, i see her as a baddass and confident woman that live and die for her skills with the blade. She places all of herself on her skill.

When Red Sonja fucks everyone and constantly pay for orgies when she has a bit of cold coins, i see her as an insecure and depressed woman that base her entire worth on her looks and that desperately fucks always her issues in an attempt to gain a regain a bit of self-worth, security and affection.

Sluts and manwhores are depressing people.

How about a middle ground? It doesn't have to be so extreme.

Without
I think its dumb for a hero to lose her skills if she sucks some dick

It didn't wok like that. She had to be bested to have sex.

>Sluts and manwhores

Wouldn't Conan fit this description anyway?

I remember the paid orgies part. I still cringe when i look at this page.

Conan IS a depressed guy. He constantly feel a "great melancholy" even when partying hard.

I think that probably has more to do with all of the brutality and bloodshed he's seen/taken part in, as well as the overall grimness of his world.

Nah. He's usually in his element when he's in the middle of the carnage using his instincts or when he's with a rare friend in the wildness just chatting. What gets him depressed are big cities and the times he's feeling utterly lonely. So he go, drink, party, fuck, but that never helps. Afterwards he feels even shittier.

i still don't know if I would attribute that specifically to sex.

With.

Every story I've read where she didn't have it (admittedly, not a lot), she made a big fucking deal about how she could fuck anyone and everyone she wanted. It's like writers want to write a more sexed up version of Conan.

>When Red Sonja fucks everyone and constantly pay for orgies when she has a bit of cold coins, i see her as an insecure and depressed woman that base her entire worth on her looks and that desperately fucks always her issues in an attempt to gain a regain a bit of self-worth, security and affection.
OR MAYBE SHE JUST LIKES FUCKING SEX!

This

we had this discuss acouple of weeks ago.
turboslut red sonja>chaste monk red sonja but not by alot.
ultimately it comes down to the arc and while I am williing to give this red sonja a little rope im not confident.

so they fuck?

Nope the cook rejected her, because Sonja's stink.

Ah, a sane comment!

This. They both have their merits in my opinion.

Conan is a textbook example of great rages and joy followed by massive melancholies and depression.

WITH.

With is the whole point. Without is gay.

>last panel
>COCK GOES IN HERE

"She may only have sex with someone who defeats her" doesn't mean she HAS to have sex with that person if she doesn't want to. It's still entirely up to her.

That face in the last panel is about the biggest turn off ever.

Besides, riding a horse for 4 days would probably make you sore as hell.

From memory, she was always a bit loose with the oath. One guy, albeit a demigod of sorts, disarmed her by surprise, and she took that as an excuse to fuck him because he "beat" her.

Obviously with her oath active, I need my waifu pure, pure.

That fucking face though

That means defeat in various cultures so it makes sense.

With. It's not really a vow of chastity, though. When Scathach offered her aid to Red Sonja, she warned her that this would set her down a road of bloodshed and violence. She would never cuddle with her lover tenderly on quiet nights. She would never feel new life growing inside her. She would never cradle a babe in her arms and nurse it from her breasts. Instead she would wade through bodies and blood her entire life, as an avatar of death instead of life.

This is what her vengeance would cost her. And she chose it anyway, because she's Red Fucking Sonja.

(Simone's Sonja is fine, but it's a bit telling that she though the shitty part of Sonja's oath was the "no sex" bit and never even noticed it also meant "no motherhood".)