Toonami Ratings for 12/17/16

Just a heads up for the next two weeks, the end of the year holidays really throw off the ratings schedule, the threads can be delayed as late as Thursday.

December 24th will be a rerun marathon of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

December 31st will be a rerun marathon of DBZ Kai.

Dragonball Super will premiere at 8pm starting January 7th. That new weekly episode will then rerun the same night on Toonami at 11:30pm. Toonami expands 30 minutes to accommodate this.

DBZ Kai Buu saga will premiere at midnight starting January 7th.

Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 will replace IBO January 7th at 1am. This means without some unexpected schedule change, Toonami will not see anything new until June at the earliest.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, set to premier 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last week, Jojo broke the neo Toonami record for largest show to show drop with a massive 44% loss of viewers from DBZ. This week we had a special one time double dose of new Jojo, and the ratings were much better. Only thing of note is One Piece getting BTFO by the OPM rerun.

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1405 0.71 906
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 1095 0.56 719
1:00a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 937 0.49 626
1:30a Hunter X Hunter 824 0.43 545

2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 761 0.39 503
2:30a One Piece 700 0.38 483
3:00a One Punch Man (r) 731 0.40 517

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/810913085179494400
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do wonder how 8pm will fare with the premiere of Super there weekly

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.45 690 0.25
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.50 786 0.31
9:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.59 978 0.40
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.69 1178 0.48

10:00 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.76 1267 0.54
10:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.78 1291 0.56
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1630 0.78
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1798 0.86

Lot of late night tune ins for the comedy reruns

3:30a American Dad (r) 655 0.38
4:00a Bob’s Burgers (r) 707 0.41
4:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 774 0.46

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 768 0.45
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 762 0.43

Best

You think Toonami would ever pick up Keijo!!!?

AS made a bump shitting on it so I'd say no. Also we know Demarco is against anything gross, and anything not gay as fuck fits that bill in Demarco's eyes

two more weeks until Super and DB Kai show One Punch Meme how to draw like KLK did

>Made a bump shitting on it
Really? That's kinda pathetic.

did anyone mention that ghost in the shell us replacing one punch man in the rerun slot once it's over? because it is.

what did i miss

what it do tg ratings

>Ghost in the Shell again
>Not Space Dandy

No nips, BD sales are already substandard. Not a chance.

Reminder that Boruto joining the block is inevitable.

GiTS SAC will replace OPM btw.
Cool. but I really like GiTS. so it will give me a reason to stay until the end of the block again.

Where are the proofs?

i bet its becuase of the movie

twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/810913085179494400

post the bump otherwise you're lying.

Wonder why JoJo was up this week. Were people just interested in seeing Phantom Blood come to an end? Cause there's a pretty big drop-off from that episode to Battle Tendency's first.

>More marathons.
Just play a fucking anime movie or something. Jesus Christ.

Jojo is pretty polarizing.

>Only thing of note is One Piece getting BTFO by the OPM rerun.
Gahahahahahahaha! Holy shit!

I'm okay with that.

Doesnt seem to be uploaded

Basically they showed an image from the show then said if you want to "help Adult Swim save anime, watch One Punch Man Saturday nights"

The thing is, Viz is currently 125 episodes behind in Shippuden and I don't think they have any experience with simuldubs. So even if it is inevitable, I don't see it happening for about 2 1/2 years.

Incidentally, 2 1/2 years is about how long it'll be until Hunter x Hunter finishes. So there you go.

Literally why? Both of these marathons are 100% justified because they land directly on significant holidays. These threads should be empty the next two Saturdays

I'd prefer Naburo.

>block is declining in ratings
>I know lets toss on one of the shows that could hardly pull 400k viewers last time it aired

2017 off to a grand start

It's because there's a fucking Hollywood adaptation of it coming out in March. If there was ever a time to air it again, this is it.

>T- Toonami is dying, guys!

Been hearing that for half a decade.

>let's kill the block because of a mediocre film in theaters

Gr8

>half a decade

Fuck, it feels like just yesterday

Started college right around when Toonami returned.

I'm in grad school now.

>implying people won't go to see this
>implying it won't get praised by "normies"

And your gonna keep hearing it till it finally happens

>kill the block
>by airing a rerun at 3am, which has been a throwaway slot ever since Tenchi Muyo GXP ended
You're overreacting.

Finally a chance to post this.

Ok someone straighten me out, did ASA ever air Princess Resurrection at some point or am I remembering shit that never happened?

Nope, Princess Resurrection aired on Anime Network.

>(you)
>screencapping your own post and trying to make it a meme

>Toonami finally dies
>"we told you Toonami was going to die"

Nope, I don't even think Princess Resurrection got a dub till after Toonami was back on the air, even though it came out in like 2007

Exactly, we are going to be right one day, and that's the day you will have wished you listened

Ay nigga, it's obviously cause best Jojo is appearing

That episode of ATHF is on

TONIGHT

Which one?

The one that don't matter

Then why were BT's views lower than PB's?

How slow are the threads gonna be?

Are you really gonna spend the first part of your Christmas watching JoJo with strangers on Sup Forums?

Those were the casuals who don't know about Bullet Ripple.

I think we might be able to break the all time low record. BT is pretty dry anyway, and even the biggest NEETs have shit to do on Christmas

Is this the first Toonami to directly fall on Christmas Eve?

I mean, technically Christmas night, even.

They are showing every Jojo ep to date on the Toonami Stream this week, they know everyone is gonna watch Scavengers and then book it.

I may be wrong about this since they could just be showing the first five eps for preparation of the marathon.

Honestly no one is tuning in just to see that

>SIX long runners
>people still watch and defend this
>they try to deflect with b-b-but some of them are only a few years worth of episodes instead of a decade

>not thinking of Toonami General as your real family

yay Sarada

Apparently the last chapter of AgK just came out.
Cat tats dies the exact same way she did in the anime

So now that 2016 is pretty much done.
How did Toonami do this year on a scale 1 to 10?

Shit/10

Mod faggotry is getting unbearable

6/10
HxH dub finally materialized, Champloo got out of broadcast rights hell, JoJos on American television.

Joseph saving toonami.

I'll be here around the second half. not like you spend time with the family until 2 or 3 in the morning

That's just the usual drop from 12:30 to 1am that always happens regardless of what shows are in those slots. Besides, the second Jojo this week did better than the last episode of IBO did the previous week.

There are over 7 years worth of Naruto left so I don't think Toonami will last that long

Toonami: 7/10
Toonami Generals: 2/10

I wasn't expecting the backdoor to update this early. I also wasn't expecting the backdoor to FUCKING SURPRISE ME LIKE THIS SO DAMN MUCH.

Here's the new Mon-Thurs lineup.

12:00 - Robot Chicken x2

12:30 - Aqua Teen x2

1:00 - The Eric Andre Show

1:15 - SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST

First off, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD. Second, pairing it with Eric Andre is a pretty good idea. Third, weird how Squidbillies has gone from airing almost as much as any other Williams Street original to not airing at all (it loses its Sunday slot for SuperMansion

Space Ghost starts with early CN era episodes (2017, by the way, is CN's 25th year)

Friday schedule is the same as the weekdays except for this one change.

1:00 - DREAM CORP LLC

1:15 - Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell

New Saturday schedule, making room for an expanded Toonami and 8pm Dragon Ball Super.

8:00 - NEW Dragon Ball Super

8:30 - American Dad x2

9:30 - Bob's Burgers x2

10:30 - Family Guy x2

11:30 - Toonami

3:30 - AD x2

4:30 - Bob's x2

5:30 - KOTH

Niiiiiiiiiice. Pretty sure that's the earliest American Dad has ever aired on AS. I'm liking how they're needing Cleveland Show less and less. Poor KOTH, for the one time it gets to air before Toonami it gets shoved back to 5:30am after a month.

New Sunday schedule starting the 7th.

11:00 - Rick and Morty

11:30 - Robot Chicken x2

12:00 - NEW [to adult swim] SuperMansion

12:30 - The Boondocks

I guess we're getting new Robot Chicken soon. If they could air two new episodes every week and get it over with faster that'd be cool. The premieres don't matter when you air it every weekday at midnight, right?

OTA and Xavier return to DVR Theater at 4am on the 9th, but why? I mean, it's a good pairing, but we had it literally last month. Bring back Home Movies.

In short, HOLY SHIT. That is all.

what the fuck

>Mon - Thurs
>12:00 - Robot Chicken x2
>12:30 - Aqua Teen x2
>1:00 - The Eric Andre Show
>1:15 - SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST
Well that's certainly a shakeup. RIP Squids though. Really wish they would cut down on Robot Chicken instead.

>Saturday
>8:00 - NEW Dragon Ball Super
>8:30 - American Dad x2
>5:30 - KOTH
Wonder how Super will do in that slot, since honestly, everything that has aired in the first hour of AS on Saturdays in the past 4 years has seemed to fail. Also, RIP Hank.

>Sunday
>12:00 - NEW [to adult swim] SuperMansion
Wasn't this an AS pilot at one point in time that got picked up by some online network?
>12:30 - The Boondocks
Hell yeah

>OTA and Xavier return to DVR Theater at 4am on the 9th, but why? I mean, it's a good pairing, but we had it literally last month. Bring back Home Movies.
I don't know what their deal is with that. They aired Home Movies for a week at 4 AM and didn't even finish Season 1 before pulling it off for Halloween-themed stuff for October. But then, they never put it back on. I'm pretty sure it did better in ratings here than it did on Saturday nights a few years ago too. I can't imagine OTA and Xavier reruns for the second time in less than two months are doing much better.

Truth be told, kinda wish they'd have gone with FLCL into Arise Alternative Architecture in OVA order if promoting the movie was their goal. Now even the rerun slot is locked for an entire year.

This. Also they're airing it at 3 AM, so it's really a non-issue.
I'm just glad to see GITS grace the airwaves once more.

thank fucking god, i hope they don't get another season though.

>cleveland show finally off the schedule

What an unexpected turn of events

Unless, AS decides to replace McFarlane reruns with originals, I really don't care what they show half the time. I'll DVR Space Ghost and other stuff I like, but that's it.

Why is Squidbillies getting the short end of the stick? They just finished the new season.

its like christians with their doomsday shot

>I wasn't expecting the backdoor to update this early.

Space Ghost will be dropped within a week. Remember how shitty it did when they played it after that guy died?

You can't blame IBO for that when Jojo lost 44% of the viewers from DBZ

But wait, I thought she died in the manga after having her womb eaten

Space Dandy isn't getting a live action movie a week after One Punch Man ends.

>Space Ghost will be dropped within a week. Remember how shitty it did when they played it after that guy died?
Yeah, but that was more due to the fact that they changed the schedule a few hours before the episode aired and did a shit job of publicizing the fact that they had done so. The tv listings still said "The Cleveland Show" or whatever at that time, so casual viewers who tuned in expecting that got pissed and changed the channel and most OG Adult Swim/Space Ghost fans or potential viewers didn't even realize the episode was on.

I wonder how DB Super's premiere ratings will fare given that Toonami can only promote it during what will probably be the two lowest-rated weeks of the year.

But then again, it's DB, so I imagine Adult Swim will be hyping it all over the place.

They are airing commercials for it even during the normal AS block so it should do at least as good as Z.

I didn't even know they had aired Space Ghost that night until I saw someone had uploaded it onto myspleen

I'm more interested in how Toonami will fare leading off with a rerun from a few hours prior.

seriously this. That can't be a good idea.

The weird thing is Adult Swim and Funimation aren't promoting the 8pm showing at all despite being the premiere.

Right? Wouldn't it make more sense just to rerun last week's Kai in that slot like they used to?

I feel like it will do the same as when Kai was airing at that slot.

Why would they even premiere it in that first slot? Literally everything Adult Swim has put there bombs. Kai, King of the Hill, One Piece, The Oblongs, Home Movies, Aqua Teen, Sit Down Shut Up. All fail in the ratings.

No, I feel the Super premiere at 8pm is a compromise move with Toei since they appeared to want it in a timeslot accessible to kids.

I'd rather we skip the rest of Shitpudding straight into Bort desu senpai

Super is literally a children's show with a US toyline. 8pm is likely a compromise to catch some of that CN runoff. Having it only on Toonami doesn't make sense when there are toys to sell

Likely one of Funimation's "we know it's fucking retarded but are still gonna force them to do it" things they are so fond of

>let's skip Shitpudding right into the kiddie shit reboot version