I JUST remembered that this was a thing and I loved the shit out of it as a kid

I JUST remembered that this was a thing and I loved the shit out of it as a kid.

I don't think I've ever heard a single other person acknowledge that it existed.

shit was cool.

All I remember about that show was the opening theme being pretty good and some lawnmower man tier CGI.

Saw the original show years later and thought it was quite amusing. Didn't they reboot it recently or something?

In a way...

Get on my level user, I had the novelizations. It was my favorite show growing up, and total nightmare fuel looking back on it which explains a lot.

Was interesting that the two seasons were done by different studios and how drastically different they were from each other. It was funny seeing Race suddenly turn into a good ol' boy half the time. Its like they weren't even trying to be consistent. Cartoons in the 90's were weird like that.
Supposedly the 2 teams actually even argued about who to ship-tease.

Get on MY level.

>I loved the shit out of it as a kid.
Me too. Only caught an episode here or there, but the surprisingly vivid recollections of certain scenes are some of my earliest memories. That one with the mansion and Hadji getting attacked by a monster scared the shit out of me.

This was always something that bothered me. Turns out I only really saw the second season, and the difference was distracting almost to a fault when I rediscovered the show in my teenage years.

Came here to say that. The Venture Brothers are very influenced by the show

You read Duh Magazine too?

>Was interesting that the two seasons were done by different studios and how drastically different they were from each other.

Honestly that's the best part about it.

Sim sim salabim.

Can we all just agree the shadow puppet episode was the best, followed by the Jersey Devil?

followed by Black Pearl

Followed by Eclipse

>>May I cut off your head?

The whole series is worth that one line.

I disagree.
SO SAITH THE BOOK OF RAGE!

That's just a straight parody.

In comic form yes. Hopefully once Venture Bros. is dead and gone we can get another cartoon, both the original and the real adventures were great.

I had this toy. Didn't even remember it had a ninja in it.

Man they sure did kill the shit out of people in this show. In the worst ways too.Poor Johnny's probably got PTSD.

>Johnny
triggered

Undersea Urgency was hands down the most gripping. Almost everyone died. The show had some gruesome deaths.

I just remembered they changed Jesse from Asian but made Haji a love interest at points. You know, because no man should have to be with any kind of darkie.

>some gruesome deaths
No kidding and very creative like
>dying elephant stomps on one poacher's head while throws another poacher into the tusks of an elephant's gravesite
and
>villain falls unprotected onto a stockpile of uranium, gets carried off by hazmat personnel who comment that he won't live long
and my favorite
>two bumbling french scientists whose french accents were so horribly done that I was laughing when they got crushed by a room

The episode with the Thing-esque monster going around fucking up a military base was also pretty crazy.

How ironic.

You know, back when this originally aired people called it a disaster because it was too different from the original Jonny Quest.

But today nobody cares about the original.

I still don't like it, felt like it was copying everything from the movie Speed. Story goes too fast, action goes too fast, no time to slow down for character development, hell even the theme song sounded like Speed's soundtrack.

intro used to scare me as a kid

Dude ate a dino-nuke.

yes there was a succubus episode

The original was amazing and I've never watched this garbage. Is it worth watching?