This was a perfect costume man

This was a perfect costume man

Agreed. The MCU one is absolute trash.

>raised webbing
>those eyes
>that chest emblem

it's good but it ain't perfect

Didn't have the eyes.

I WAITED 20 YEARS FOR THEM TO GET THE EYES RIGHT.

>LE EXPRESSIVE EYES!

No, fuck off. the animated eyes were a recent invention and a shitty one at that.

Sure.

this. small spidey eyes > mcfarlane eyes

They were drawn as a means of emoting, Peter never had robotic technology on his fucking spandex mask...it was meta

Raised webbing + basketball texturing ruins it

I never asked for him to have robot technology, I wanted the mask to emote. It's like Batman having no pupils with the cowl on; it doesn't make much sense in real life but it's an iconic part of the suit and he looks better with it.

>Peter never had robotic technology on his fucking spandex mask
Hasn't he been wearing a layer of cybersuit beneath the red and blue for a while?

>overly busy webline design
>muddy grey that blends into the red too much to not stick out
>red coloration is mixed and uneven
>shitty TASM spider
>no fatty on the backy
>shitty belt
>shitty webshooters
>good eye shape but shitty glossy execution
>shitty seems on the blue sections

its shit.

>They were drawn as a means of emoting, Peter never had robotic technology on his fucking spandex mask...it was meta
How do you think they'd do it in live action otherwise you dumb faggot.

What do you think "meta" means?

They wouldn't, because unlike Deadpool it doesn't need to break the fourth wall and they would display it as simply a mask, like it canonically was in the comics

This is better

I love the Batman: Arkham way to have the white eyes.

It was the worst of all cinematic costumes. He looked like he was made from basketballs and pvc. It looked cheap.

>raised webbing

Objectively looks better.

No, it does not. Go back to Sup Forums.

Kill yourself Sony shills. It was shit.

>Ugly
>Unnatural round head
>Huge eyes for no reason
>No expressive eyes
>Raised webbing
>No web armpits
>The big ugly TASM spider logo

It's the shittiest Spider costume of them all. MCU Spider Man is objectively the best.

costume man, costume man

does whatever a costume can

I like both this and the CW one equally as much

>Faggot doesn't like Ditko
LEAVE

What the fuck is raised webbing?

How the fuck does he even control those lenses? Hooks on his eyeballs like Clockwork Orange?

It's better than the Raimi suit, but the movie still sucks

ASM2 suit > Raimi suit > MCU suit > ASM suit > feces > 70's TV suit.

They're complaining about the fact that it has the 3D webbing as opposed to it being as flat as the rest of the suit ala MCU Spider-Man

Yet they'll jerk their dicks to the Original Spiderman Trilogy & act like Peter being fucking autistic is proper characterization because they can relate to him better

>This was a perfect costume man

It was a cheaper looking knockoff of the Raimi suit.

>It was the worst of all cinematic costumes.

ASM1 takes the cake on that.

>being as flat as the rest of the suit ala MCU Spider-Man

Actually, the MCU suit's webbing isn't flat. It's actually sunken in/concave.

>ASM1 takes the cake on that.

I'll take the ASM1, Insomnia Spider-Man, and MCU Spider-Man over that shit any day

To each their own.

Yeah but he's talking about 60s spiderman having emotional eyes, that's when peter was just a teenager wearing cloth.

Only problem I had with it is the spiders, both front and back, the latter especially.

>People /still/ think that the MCU outfit is the most accurate.

I wish I could strangle you all through the computer.

They're just shills, pay them no mind, they don't read comics....they just watch youtube videos about them narrated by "hawwwt" girls who have unnaturally colored hair

It's more accurate in some ways and less accurate in others. This is not rocket science.

No you didn't

For me it was perfect, but taste is subjective. I've liked all the movie suits for different reasons.
In order of my preferences, here's my opinions on them:

>ASM2
Perfect, colors are right, I'm a big fan of the spider emblem (I know others dislike it, but I like how it's elongated and kind of blends into the webbing), large eyes look great on a younger, slimmer Spidey in my opinion, web pattern looks good, great balance of red/blue areas. Best looking web shooters.

>MCU
Good fresh take, manages to distance the look from previous movies enough without looking unrecognizable as Spidey (did a better job of this than ASM attempting the same thing). Did the small eyes better than Raimi suit, and the emotive eyes work on film in this context which is neat to see. Back logo is awesome, The lowered webbing was weird at first but it's grown on me, front logo is a little weird but it's not a deal breaker for me. Black segments on the arms and legs are a good idea but they went a little overboard with it, scale back a bit and I think you'd hit the sweet spot for what they were trying to do. Ironically I think this suit looks best for a slightly older-looking Spider-Man as opposed to ASM2's very young look which is funny considering that this is the youngest Peter we've gotten on screen so far.

>cont.

>ASM (I'd actually rank this one about on the same level as the Raimi suit, but it's hard to write a list that way)
Interesting ideas which lacked refinement in a few areas, and overdid things in others. I liked the rougher look of the suit concept overall, with the less clearly defined red/blue areas, showing he hadn't really finalized his concept yet. As I mentioned before, I like the spider logo, and the long form of it fits this suit nicely I think. Web pattern on this one leaves much to be desired, but I like the texture(?) of the webs themselves and the way they're laid onto the suit. Eyes are too small for the theme overall I think, and the gold color is weird. Gloves look cool other than the bit of thin red on the forearms, and the web shooters look nice I think. Basketball texture on the suit is weird but not the worst thing in the world. Silver shoe bits are dumb.

>Raimi
Hits all the right notes technically, but doesn't translate very well into real life in my opinion. I don't feel like they adapted the look enough to make it look right, they were a little bit too focused on accuracy to the comics in a lot of ways. Colors are fine, other than the metallic look of the webbing. Eye shape is fine, but they're too raised up for the flat look they went with I think. Spider emblem is either too big or too rounded, I can't decide which. You could change either aspect and make it look better.

>inb4 I get flamed for my opinions
pls no bully, I liked them all

>ASM2
>web pattern looks good

I thought it looked too... checkered? Like it was just squares on the red bits. It didn't really look like webbing to me.

Isn't that what TDK did with the sonar?

I guess I could kind of see that in still like pic related, but I don't think it's really an issue at all in the film itself. It also doesn't really bother me in still though, so meh. I do have that same issue with the web pattern on the ASM1 suit though.

>I do have that same issue with the web pattern on the ASM1 suit though.

I think that's what they derived it from. The way I like to look at is that with ASM1, they tried to do their own thing. But then a lot of folks, and I'm guilty of this to a degree, went 'not muh' and shit on the suit's design. Then they went and made it a lot more like the Raimi suit (it's almost practically the same thing) only with thinner, less sharp features of the ASM1 suit and the biggest eyes to date on a live action suit.

I'd agree that's probably what happened, I think they kind of mashed up some of the better features of both suits to get an overall better design.

I didn't think the overall suit in ASM was all that great but I really did like the reflective eyes. They reminded me of the old Alex Ross concepts for the first Raimi movie.

The face is literally the only thing they pulled off with the mcu suit
Everything else about it looks like garbage

>I think they kind of mashed up some of the better features of both suits to get an overall better design.

To my eyes, they just took the okay features of the ASM1 suit and used the Raimi-suit as the foundation. Which is why I think it's almost the same thing as the Raimi suit. It's even got the same fabric patterns as the Raimi suit. It's a good suit. No contest there. But it is, from a production standpoint, a bit of a cop-out. It seems like it was done in order to placate the guys who went 'not muh' too much with the other suit. And instead of still trying to be unique but staying within the classic template, they just tweaked the Raimi suit with some of the ASM1 details.

That's why I like the MCU Spidey suit so much. It did what ASM1 suit tried to do, but did it in the right ways. Utilizes it's own unique features that none of it's predecessors did, but doesn't deviate from the classic overall design that we all know.

It would be perfect without the black lines and other extra shit. Also a different chest emblem I guess.

>It would be perfect without the black lines and other extra shit

I like the extra shit. Makes it look less like a tight pair of footy-pajamas.

>Also a different chest emblem I guess.

I think the emblem is pretty cool given the implied symbolism.

Oh I don't hate the emblem at all, not anymore than I disliked the previous ones anyway. Just saying as far as it being perfectly accurate goes, changing those things would damn near do the trick. The mask and web pattern are exquisite.

It is the most accurate.

The webpits are the only accurate thing on it. The expressive eyes was done for comedic purposes and in canon it was just normal eyes. That would be like having a device on Goku during the DBZ movie that would make sweat drops appear on his head when he's worried.

>The expressive eyes was done for comedic purposes and in canon it was just normal eyes.
Its for expressing you daft punk, and yes its in-universe, just as in-universe as Batmans eyes, eat a dick.

The eye shape, size, and emoting is accurate, the red and blue coloration is accurate, the webs being black and flush/inclined is accurate, him having webshooters (that are bulky and not infinite ammo wristwatches) is accurate, him having a utility belt with extra cartridges is accurate, the Spider-Signal is accurate.

Suck a fatty.

The only thing not accurate about this spidey suit is the exact shape of the two spider logos, the black lines, and the webshooters being external (However, those last two make sense with eachother, as the webshooters logically would look ugly under the sleeves in reality and the black lines help it blend into the design). If we're doing a checklist, then it wins for accuracy over the other two, since the raimi one had silver/white raised webbing, triangle eyes, hexagonal texturing, duplicate front-back spiders, and a maroon + navy-grey-blue color combo, while ASM 2 had a maroon navy blue color combo, hexagonal texturing, raised grey webbing, duplicate front-back logos, external spider-tracer sized webshooters, eyes that were more goggles than fabric or flush to the mask, and ugly seems everywhere.

It'd be:

Raimi: 5 major alterations from the comic design
ASM2: 7 major alterations from the comic design
MCU: 3 major alterations from the comic design

>Raimi: 5 major alterations from the comic design
>ASM2: 7 major alterations from the comic design
>MCU: 3 major alterations from the comic design

And if we include the web wings and take a point off for the backy fatty it'd be
(+1)Raimi: 6 major alterations from the comic design
(+1)ASM2: 8 major alterations from the comic design
(-1)MCU: 2 major alterations from the comic design

>>Raimi: 5 major alterations from the comic design
>>ASM2: 7 major alterations from the comic design
>>MCU: 3 major alterations from the comic design
>And if we include the web wings and take a point off for the backy fatty it'd be
>(+1)Raimi: 6 major alterations from the comic design
>(+1)ASM2: 8 major alterations from the comic design
>(-1)MCU: 2 major alterations from the comic design

And if we add onto THAT and include eye expressiveness, it'd be
(+1)Raimi: 7 major alterations from the comic design
(+1)ASM2: 9 major alterations from the comic design
MCU: 2 major alterations from the comic design

Yes, but the eyes looked too big.

Rami a best. It only needs diferent MCU web pattern and colors. And web armpits.

And the perfect butt

from the waist down his legs really taper down to wrists sized ankles

>Its for expressing you daft punk, and yes its in-universe, just as in-universe as Batmans eyes, eat a dick.

For comedic purposes which us, the readers, are only able to notice. In canon, they do not move at all.

>The eye shape, size

Varies from artist to artist.

>the red and blue coloration is accurate

Gonna ignore all those shitty black lines?

> the webs being black and flush/inclined is accurate

How the fuck would you know? They would be drawn exactly the same whether they are flat or not.

>him having webshooters (that are bulky and not infinite ammo wristwatches) is accurate

We have not seen him have to change it once.

>is accurate, him having a utility belt with extra cartridges is accurate, the Spider-Signal is accurate.

Only points you have.

I'll take the third.

I like all of the suits for their own reasons.

and water is wet! dude seriously? better than the homecoming shit anything, even the fucking f4 with the paper bag.
SAY NO TO HOMECOMING, YOUR DICK WILL GET BIGGER MINE ALREADY IS.

>eyes
New eyes= enhanced sigh(sensitive eyes)t= NO SPIDER SENSE!!! seriously dude?

Ill take the first one THX, i mean raimis... the last one looks just like a fucking cosplayer, and a bad one

raised webbing lets you see that it's spiderman even when it's dark.

personally, i think the asm1 suit is underrated and my favorite is the raimi suit.

civil war definitely had the best spidey action though,

real talk though, a thin layer of elastic fabric stuck onto the face should be able to move with ones eyebrows and cheeks.

i always saw the spider suit as some thin fabric thing more akin to pantyhose than spandex,

cont.
i saw the suit itself as being somewhat reflective of peter's social status as an academic. one minute he could be high flying, succeeding in his studies, dating, etc and in the next he could be made an utter fool of. it's a line that practically everyone walks.

>the last one looks just like a fucking cosplayer, and a bad one

Nah, pic related is a bad one. That lycra shit is cancer.