Blade Runner 2049

think it going to be meh
turns out to be pure keno

I know Sup Forums is famous for it's ironic shitposting, but this movie was amazing and I'm saying that as a big fan of the original. Seriously one of the best films I've seen in awhile. If you can it's worth going to see it in theaters. I feel like whatever shitty torrent comes out it's not going to do it justice.

Yep, it was one of those movies the more you think about it, more wow it is

>turns out to be pure keno
if you're a tasteless fucking plebe for sure

Sup Forums can say what it wants in a few weeks/months, but Villeneuve definitely earned massive points in my books. The directing was just perfect, easily MOTY for me.

agreed

Fuck off roastie

user, here new to blade runner.
Watching the first one syfy channel right now and from what i understand the main plot of the film seems to be about the revenatns trying to find eternal life because as androids/cyborgs(whatever they are based on) they lack the ability to live forever like robots/androids normally do.

If im wrong let me know

It about what is it to be human.

but yes, the replicants (basically built clones) in the first movie are seeking more life.

Reminder to you cancerous new users that joined us after TFA
>plebs come to Sup Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular Sup Forums posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time

2049 is superior to the original in every way. Not even meming.

Best Hollywood movie in years and by far the best of the year.

>Sup Forums
Now I can't trust your opinion.

Kino as fuck, Dunkirk and this are my two favourites of this year.

I love how my two favorites of the year (2049 and Good Time) are like polar opposites in terms of pacing and character.

>2049
Almost two hours
Takes time to develop K practically from birth
Moves slowly, with every shot meant to be soaked in and leave the viewer dripping with questions.

>Good Time
LITERALLY NEVER FUCKING STOPS
Connie is basically given the characterization of “Is a dick, loves his autistic brother” but we care anyway
Is really just a mostly unconnected series of events

Both are spectacular in their own right.

I have to admit that my opinion has only improved while digesting it

Good fucking movie, a lot smarter and toothier than I expected from it.

Just got back- it is kino af.
Super powered autist Goose is sick. JOIfu. Kinomatography. Nice message. Wallace's lair and eye drones. So much cool shit.

needed more Edward James Olmos.

but seriously, I enjoyed that it was a pure sequel, and that it did not rely heavily on callbacks

Fuck off shill

Good visuals but cliche story and awful performances. 4/10

Was he lying when he said her eyes were green or did he forget her actual eyes (human forgetful mind).

9.9/10
-.1 because not enough Synth and Sax

What a rote critique. Doubt you even saw it retard.

>Goose bursting through the wall
Can’t wait for the niggers to get a hold of that and layer All Star by Smash Mouth over it while blowing out the bass

You didn't understand Good Time
Please don't watch actual cinematic art and just stick to meme flicks kingsman and blade runner 2.0

>Bro it's kino was fuck BASED DENNY BASED DEAKINS KINOXX OSCAR WHEN??

This is consider proper praise by children like this drone

Great movie.
Our autistic hero shines again.
One of the best looking films in recent memory.

Only issue that I have with Blade Runner is that there is no way in hell slavery would be allowed. We are still getting shit about this 200 years after the fact. Replicants are biological based and not robotic.

Also if you really have to make replicants, they would make everyone of them besides the sex androids ugly as fuck and have neon pink skin or make them without cocks or something else to dehumanize them.

He just didn’t want *another* Rachel. The first was good enough.

I read it as, he makes up an excuse to seem as though he doesn’t remember.

Disgusting

user you accidentally just reviewed GitS, not Blade Runner

How the fuck can anyone call the story cliche with a straight face

No I saw it alright. Bait and switch of him being the kid but not really was predictable as hell. Leto was awful and Ford was phoning it in. Soundtrack was trash too, except for when they reused Vangelis' original for those 2 scenes

Damn..truly great criticism

The fuck?

Maybe I’m oversimplifying it a bit to get my point across. Probably shouldn’t have said the bit about character. 2049’s top notch slow kino, while Good Time’s got a breathless and breakneck pace. Both work equally well.

Good Time unironically has the better score though.

You need to calm down.

>Sup Forums
You shills are so blatant.

I called that the bones were Rachael and that the kid was K a mile away, and then when he actually met the memory doctor, it was clear that it wasn't actually his memory. If a dumbass like me can predict all the plot twists a mile away then it's a predictable, cliche story

Thanks
I really enjoy your Sup Forums gold standard of praise for it. Can't wait for the absolutely horrendous grids that will come from it in several months too

I agree on the soundtrack being trash, but they strung us along well enough with the bait/switch and Ford was stellar. Leto is...he’s supposed to be one of them Silicon Valley types, so being an insufferable chunt works for him.

So you got fooled, called something the movie obviously wanted you to think, and you think you're hot shit?

Also predictable and cliche aren't the same thing you dumbfuck leave those goalposts where they at. I complained about "cliche"

Here's the part where you double down and try to think of something "cliche" about the story while carefully tiptoing around the shit that's obviously not cliche and much more important to win an internet argument and where I frustrate the shit out of you by leaving the thread. Goddamn, I'm sick of this place.

haha jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded

>Sup Forums

Blatant hype shill thread #9821, get it together guys.

Movies aren't actually math problems my autistic friend.

>haha turn your brain off

Rather be autistic than retarded

You're a fucking retard, those were intentionally built into only for the rug to be yanked out. K wasn't the kid, he was a fucking Average Joe, a nobody, completely inconsequential with no higher meaning or purpose.

>Sup Forums
>more you think about it, more wow it is
>lot smarter and toothier than I expected
>going to see it in theaters
This is some shill comedy gold right here, what the fuck are you talking to yourselves about?

>there is no way in hell slavery would be allowed
We'll just obfuscate what things are with new labels while the concept remains the same.

>Whoa, they're saying good things about a movie instead of ironic shitposting 98% of the time
>SHILLS, EVERYONE'S A SHILL

Just got back from this movie and I will say the performances were fine but the movie itself was fucking awful. Insanely boring, long trite bullshit. All style, no substance. No meaning to any characters or their actions and the story was asinine bullshit. It made no sense, not in that it was hard to follow, but their reasoning for their actions were just idiotic.

>Hurr dis baby means we gun be human

It's utterly sick. I canceled my tickets just because of this thread - not giving them a cent.

>No meaning to any characters or their actions and the story was asinine bullshit.

Nigga did you watch the movie on mute

>Hurr dis baby means we gun be human
more human than human

Cringe

Wouldn't have made much of a difference considering they never said anything of value.

I do a lot of design work on the side and you're right, like 30-45 tops. Dude probably Google "cult classic movie," spend 5 minute reading a wiki page about the movie, 30 minutes in Adobe Illustrator doing minimalist vector shit, put's it on his Etsy page for $40, then moves on the next movie nu-geeks love and will shell out cash for.

This. Why isn't he saying based kino, deakins and denis like the rest of us? Is he not down with popcorn time??

So is Deckard a replicant or not?

>Ridley wanted to make his asinine theory of Deckard being a replicant the centerpiece of the story
>Villeneuve resisted and still made kino at the caliber of the first fucking movie
can we talk about how this guy is the next great director?

I liked the movie a lot, but there's a few things that bother me.

1. This movie's plot is way, WAY too complicated for what it ultimately is.
There were brief stretches where I had literally no idea whatsoever what was happening because of a few poor choices in what should and should not be shown.
It's a "we have to find the guy" story with about 300 plot twists that don't make sense until the scene after the twist is revealed because shit is just overloaded.

2. Not gritty enough. The best scenes in the original were "Deckard walks through a steamed-up, crowded street that's so loud you can barely hear what anyone's saying."
The action was too clean, nobody ever looked to just be plain scared for their life in a fight between all the elaborate choreography.

3. Going beyond LA just kinda strains the atmosphere. Blade Runner's universe seemed to be perpetually raining and dark, but this movie has so much time in bright lighting that it takes away from the bleakness of the world.

4. No moral ambiguity. The main villain literally just says "I want to create an army of slaves" and stabs a replicant to death for no real reason other than to look evil.
His henchman lady just followed orders and had no motivation of her own whatsoever besides "do what the guy who won't stop talking about slaves tells me to do."
There is no line and no character in this movie as beautiful as Roy Batty in his final speech because you're blatantly supposed to support the replicants here, it's completely black and white.

Overall a good movie, about an 8/10 with some really fantastic scenes here and there, but no way on earth will this ever be a classic like the original.

Can we talk about how sophomore you are when it comes to film yet post like you're above 1st level?

Is this fucking shilling? I want it to be true so badly.

>nobody ever looked to just be plain scared for their life i
Because they are replicants

>. This movie's plot is way, WAY too complicated for what it ultimately is.

I was never once lost

>No moral ambiguity.

The fact that you can somehow rate this an 8/10 yet claim this really makes me wonder how shit human beings taste can actually be. Are you a fucking replicant?

Ridley Scott says he is but that doesn't make any fucking sense. Nothing in the original (the original cut that is) suggests that.

He's hunting, supposedly, the newest, most advanced replicants ever made but he's definitely older than them

>something else to dehumanize them.
The point of making them look human is to humanize them. It's so they can fit into the workforce and work along side humans without humans thinking much of it.

See >>plebs come to Sup Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
The first poster is probably just a mobile poster as well

Are we not going to talk about how fucking good Rachael looked?! I was actually shocked.

It's left ambiguous as it should be. It couldn't have been any other way though. If he was a Replicant you'd lose Ford and Fancher, if he isn't you lose Scott's involvement.

Why did Wallace's bitch fire those missiles at the hobos but ignore K?

What was the point of that baseline test? To ensure that replicants wouldn't rebel?

>Because they are replicants
>buh buh replicants can't show emotions like fear!!!
Roy was emotive as all living fuck, that's the whole point. The entire fucking first movie is about him being afraid to die and the extremes he would go to to live.

>I was never once lost
Good for you. I, however, had no idea why the fuck some lady with one eye who was in ONE scene before the last 10 minutes of the movie was suddenly meant to be one of the most important characters in the film.

>The fact that you can somehow rate this an 8/10 yet claim this
Because there are qualities that go into a film besides how much it fires the neurons, dummy. The acting, characters, visuals, music, and story were all good but not perfect.
I WANTED moral ambiguity but it wasn't there, but that doesn't destroy the movie for me.
Unless you're telling me the movie did have moral ambiguity in which case you're blatantly lying.

She wanted him to lead her to the child.

' stabs a replicant to death for no real reason other than to look evil.'

Stabs her because he is disgusted with himself about not being able to make replicants fertile.

So that he would lead her to the kid or at least Deckard

>main character's name is K
LITERALLY the most kafkaesque film of the year

Rachel had Hazel eyes.

Yes. A lot of this movie reminded me of the Black Mirror episode Men Against Fire.

Why doesn't Wallace get any kind of comeuppance despite being incredibly irredeemable whereas Tyrell was just kind of a dick and got his eyes gouged out for it

He doesn't get any resolution at all actually, that scene where he talks to Deckard was the last one he appeared in

>Roy was emotive as all living fuck, that's the whole point. The entire fucking first movie is about him being afraid to die and the extremes he would go to to live.

Roy is not a new type of Replicant, and Roy also is going to be put down for acting that way.

>Good for you. I, however, had no idea why the fuck some lady with one eye who was in ONE scene before the last 10 minutes of the movie was suddenly meant to be one of the most important characters in the film.

I don't know what to tell you expect you probably didn't pay attention because the movie is boring as all shit, or you are just dumb.

>That entire last thing

No the movie did not have moral ambiguity, which is the entire point of the series. The movie had absolutely nothing going for it. It was a cliche forgettable 2deep4u action flick without the action. It was nothing like the original Blade Runner but holds itself back by pretending to be, never coming into anything meaningful in the end. It was a very bad movie. 4/10 at best. It was legitimately awful.

>when you're so mad you can't afford a movie ticket you lash out at people for enjoying it regardless of how you actually feel about the movie itself

bitch faggot

Much better than the Tarkin treatment, that's for sure.

In other words, no real reason than to look evil. It was just a visual indication to the audience "THIS GUY IS BAD AND DOESN'T TREAT THESE THINGS WELL." It's pointless fluff to make him more evil appearing.

>Quoting with literal quotes

Jesus Christ slow down shills.

Is Goose a real human bean yet? ;_;

Did I hit a nerve princess?

'It's Chinatown Jake'.

Look up Film Noir.

>going beyond LA just kinda strains the atmosphere. Blade Runner's universe seemed to be perpetually raining and dark, but this movie has so much time in bright lighting that it takes away from the bleakness of the world

Literally every scene that doesn't take place in the city takes place in some kind of barren abandoned wasteland you inhuman mong

It looked better than any deaging shit I've seen before but I still wish they'd left it out. It wasn't necessary.

The sex scene was really cool and interesting in that an AI and Repilcant were sharing a first loving sexual experience together.

The visuals and directing was fantastic. The end fight scene was better than all the Marvel movies put together.

Only thing that really didn't jive with me was the whole resistance movement thing with a chosen special leader at the end and Harrison Ford, the dude should just give it up, he's done.

The literal color palette and brightness of the area is what I'm talking about.
Deckard lived out there just fine for however long, he had Elvis to listen to, even a dog.

Blade Runner never let you interpret what was outside the world of the buildings and the holograms and the steam because that would make those things a piece of the world rather than the world itself.
It was an inescapable atmosphere, it benefited the film a hell of a lot to make you feel the entire world was just one giant metropolis.
Now it's like "oh, you can literally just leave the awful steam place and go live as a Tusken Raider out in Mad Max World if you want."

REMINDER: If the movie is well-liked by the general public and does well financially, Sup Forums will hate it

If the movie is hated by the general public and flops, Sup Forums will love it.

>The sex scene was really cool and interesting in that an AI and Repilcant were sharing a first loving sexual experience together.

That was one of the best scenes in the movie, I agree with this.

>The visuals and directing was fantastic.

The directing was horrible, but the visuals were good. However, this movie is all style, no substance, so that doesn't mean much.

>The end fight scene was better than all the Marvel movies put together.

Are you actually trying to imply this is somehow a barometer for something being good?

That comment basically makes me have no interest in continuing this reply chain. Call me pretentious or a snob but you just sound way too casual to even talk about shit with. Glad you enjoyed your movie brother.

>I-I not mad, y-you're mad!
classic

this. screencap btw

Sup Forums has such shit opinions on movies, almost as bad as /r/m*vies, why should I trust anything ANY of you fucking people say?

well yeah
You got called out and two of your other friends were upset too

The non-conclusion to Wallace's story, plus Deckard meeting his daughter/Matrix Replicants felt too open-ended, and sequal baity to me. Probably my only real complaint about the film, outside of it not really working on it's own without the original.

I get your point but where we part is where I think that the abandoned, dusty Vegas was just as depressing if not more so than the bugman metropolis of LA because it shows how the world itself is beginning to disintegrate

Goose ass Deckard if the dog was real which fits in with the theme that nothing in anybody's life is real anymore. Deckard is a crazy man farming fake bees in the wasteland with no friends and no purpose (that is revealed to us)

The bright reds and oranges reminded me of Mars, the junkyard area with the children made me think of a Forge World from 40k

Villeneuve should make a 40k movie about the Adeptus Mechanicus actually

For as many problems as I have with this movie, the ending other than the dumb shit where they threw in a shot of Deckard meeting his daughter for some reason even though it was already implied was beautiful

I really didn't know how much I had come to care about K's character until that point
Plus using the original music there was great

Prisoners is fucking tits too man

Holy shit at that JOIfu. Once more Sup Forums posters see Blade Runner 2049, this place is gonna be full of her pretty face.

And Ryan Gosling being autistic again made this movie good.

So what was the consensus regarding Arrival on Sup Forums when it released? Can't remember

>that god awful DUN DUN DUN Hans Zimmer bullshit reeking throughout the film

WHY on EARTH did Villanueve get rid of Johanneson??? There's no way anything he was working on was worse than Zimmer's rehashed garbage. almost ruined my experience