In this episode of Gunnerkrigg Souls, the boss transforms into its bullshit second form

In this episode of Gunnerkrigg Souls, the boss transforms into its bullshit second form.

>Something

Do it right or don't do it at all, faggot.

How anal about perspective do you have to not combine those bottom 2 panels into 1 by adjusting the angle slightly?

This seems like a very good opportunity to bip the fuck out of there and never speak of it again.

Well.. shit. That's not how that was supposed to go.

Also who wants to bet that NOW someone is going to die?

*Jeanne's touching reunion with her lover and their blissful dissolution into the ether together stubbornly refuses to occur*

You unleashed a murderghost that's what's wrong.
Why will noone acknowledge Jeanne is a monster?!

Why the fuck are they even doing this? They're a bunch of children who have no expertise in exorcism whatsoever trying to exorcise an incredibly dangerous murder-ghost because they feel bad for it.

You fucked with the whatsit, don't fuck with the doodad if you don't want stuff to go wrong. I thought the plan was break the widget, and see if that does something interesting. Gizmo grabbing is not a great plan, but they seemed to run out of things to do, so why would they be surprised?

>in b4 they freed the fucking thing

In a good comic it would go on a rampage and kill half the children in the school. Teach them a lesson not to help evil ghosts just because they used to be a hot girl. Tom won't do that though, he's tumblr's little bitch.

Doesn't this thing keep a literal god scared away from trying to fuck with it? What made them think they could mess with it without dying? Besides being main characters.

2bh jeanne is a lot weaker than they made her out to be, I thought the amazon girl would be murdered in ten seconds

It has killed at least one death god trying to claim its soul.

Honestly, it's a little unbelievable that Parley can keep her at bay. Jeanne is established by lore as not fucking around.

Or maybe that's just unsatisfying to most readers who want to see more about Jeanne's past and also not have a catastrophe on their hands

>They're a bunch of children who have no expertise in exorcism whatsoever
One of them has guided two spirits into the afterlife

do you even read the comic

No Coyote swore tore a rift in the land separating the forest from the court, and said he wouldn't fuck with the things on the other side. He has kept to that, other than that he does seem to be willing to wreck shit on the court side while there on diplomatic stuff. Though Jeanne has killed at least one psychopomp that I can recall, and seems to keep a fearsome gardener at bay.

Ok, you got me laughing, here's your (You)

I don't know how much prep time the other psychopomps had, but these kids stacked every advantage they could and are still dangerously out of control even with Lucky Eyebrows as a gamebreaker.

Well good job you dumb little cunts you fucked with shit you shouldn't have and now you done goofed

>It has killed at least one death god trying to claim its soul.
Who said that the pomps are skilled in combat?

>jeanne spirit emerges from water
>jeanne stops attacking and she finally reunites with her long lost love
>together they start wage war against the court and the forest

called it

This comic doesn't work like that

Here's for another thread of "WHY DON'T TOM KILL ALL CHARACTERS IN THIS SHITTY COMIC" and stupid questions made by people who never read the backlog.

yeah but Parley has been juicing it on dragon'sblood and dragons trounce most gods who don't have war in their portfolio

I feel like maybe, just maybe, an adult could have helped in this situation.

Jones will drop down on Jeanne any second

Don't tell me that an adult will show up and whisk them away with no concequence?
>He can't keep getting away with it!

I mean more they could have asked for help. Like all the other times they could have asked for help but didn't.

>no consequence
the consequences are super small because other things balance them out
Annie wasn't made court medium because she was such a wild card, but because coyote wanted to mess with the court, she became the forest medium

>elf ghost gets released
>jeanne thinks its an illusion
>kills elf ghost
>realized it wasn't illusion
>goes fucking insane

>Why will noone acknowledge Jeanne is a monster?!
Cause she's the victim of Court bullshit.

>victims aren't responsible for ther behavior

Welcome to the modern stance on culpability.

I didn't say that but anyway you slice it leaving her to rot for eternity is completely unconscionable

Given the circumstances and her mental state all of which result from things beyond her control I would so no Jeanne is not responsible.

Smite all the evil.

If you become a metnal state it is no longer considered a deviation; it is THE state not a state. Jeanne is a monster 'now'.

It's a matter of pacing, I'd say.

They have no reason to kill her if they can free her instead. Just because she's a monster 'now' doesn't mean she has to be tomorrow.

wait, so WHY are high school kids doing this again? What was the reasoning for not simply alerting Eglamore or stone lady?

Just because I was a criminal '5 minutes ago' doesn't mean I have to be '5 minutes from now'. Don't punish me please.
No accurate inference can be made on the ability for a mental state to restore itself to a prior build or more societally normal format. It is prescisely because of this difficulty that we have both punishment and rehabilitation as rehabilitation is not, in and of itself, an effective tool.

She is still capable of rational thought.

Well punishment doesn't factor in here cause like I said given the circumstances Jeanne isn't culpable.

At this point why would they bother? Most of them have gotten prepped for professional roles that cover these sort of tasks anyway.

What do you actually mean by this? Is rationale action your sticking point for being a monster. Most people are capable of rational action. Even in some of the worst case scenarios it's usually more to do with warrants being different than it is about a loss or rationality.

Well in the sort of way that only allows her to think about being pissed off.

>teleport-spamming dragonslayer
>robot god
>probability manipulator
>fire elemental that slaps an easy-to-anger, memory-eating trickster god on the butt for giggles
>illusionist

If anything you should ask why this superpowered battle is so low-key.

Personally I think Red has the best power of all of them

They don't trust the court adults for pretty decent reasons.

Idk why so many idiots keep questioning their actions in helping Jeannie. They know her back story and feel bad for a soul being eternally trapped in rage. Plus the psychopomps directly asked for Annie's help. And it'd make overall shit safer to not have a murder ghost around.

Now this might be some naive childlike thinking, but it does make sense. It's not some out of nowhere logic like contrary fuckers here act.

It's there hasn't been a whiff of thought about the consequences of changing something that's been that way since very soon after the split between Court and forest.

Still hoping there are very significant consequences and it's doing a "children try to act like adults and change the world but don't fully grasp what they're doing" thing.

Otherwise it'll be kind of boring, yo.

>Plus the psychopomps directly asked for Annie's help.
Fuck me, how long ago was that? Like seriously, what chapter?

This isn't about telling a fucking satisfying story, this is about teaching kids the valuable life lesson not to help evil ghosts.

I think the kids don't get the adults fear. Forest folk have been pretty chill for them. Worst the group has seen is them storming smitty. Annie has seen some shit from coyote and that monster group she had to smack down.

Most of the worst shit they've seen has come from the court.

I can see the consequences being smitty and parley lose their jobs just for not telling the court. Annies dad being upset at his daughter putting herself in danger and risking her place in school. Further banning her friends maybe. Kat's parents being disappointed or scared of whatever she's becoming. But blue gets a name.

On the flip side psychopomps are in their debt and forest folk might love them more. Robots gonna get fixed up and tell greater tales of godkat, furthering her power level. Maybe Jeannie ghost calms down and is able to come back and mentors parley.

Overall I see the court using this opportunity to fuck with the forests ether. Like shit watch the kids going back after all smug and rebellious ready for the court to be pissed but headmaster just thanks them for doing what he's always wanted done because now he's free to fuck with the forest by going through the river and court scientists just swarm the area and make plans for invading the forest for tether samples. He allowed their plans because either she'd die trying this, taking a thorn out of his side, or succeed and speed up his plans.

>Just because I was a criminal '5 minutes ago' doesn't mean I have to be '5 minutes from now'. Don't punish me please.

I would like to understand what further punishment you believe Jeanne deserves.

Personally I don't feel she committed a crime at all, but as you feel she did, you should probably explain what more beyond hundreds of years imprisoned at the bottom of a pit will be necessary before rehabilitation can begin.

>Overall I see the court using this opportunity to fuck with the forests ether. Like shit watch the kids going back after all smug and rebellious ready for the court to be pissed but headmaster just thanks them for doing what he's always wanted done because now he's free to fuck with the forest by going through the river and court scientists just swarm the area and make plans for invading the forest for tether samples. He allowed their plans because either she'd die trying this, taking a thorn out of his side, or succeed and speed up his plans.

Jeanne wasn't stopping them from doing any of that before. The Court created the sentinel, and it built and controls the bridge, and all interaction between the court and the forest occurs on their terms.

>Fuck me, how long ago was that? Like seriously, what chapter?
Found it, chapter 21. Fucking long time ago.

So the Court is content to leave the forest alone.

Will the forest return the favor when Jeanne is gone and the bridge bypassed?

The court wasn't doing them a favor, so I doubt it.

>Magic War II begins
>Thanks, Annie!

thats just hairgel.,

Her power is friendship and also hairgel

Annie needed the dramatic close-up, and if Kat's face was in shot too it'd mean they were weirdly right next to one another.

Sperating them makes more sense.

It could have just been one panel with kat visible over annie's shoulder

So you're just ignoring the point?

the cat panel would have worked without annies shoulder. or from just another angle. or a bit tinier with both of them reacting.

>Doesn't this thing keep a literal god scared away from trying to fuck with it?
No, it doesn't. The Jeanne barrier is a fucking joke.

The only reason the Forest doesn't fuck with the Court is because of Coyote's rule.

>I mean more they could have asked for help. Like all the other times they could have asked for help but didn't.
No, it's stated in the comic that Jeanne being a construct of the court, the Court might want to stop them, so the less know about their plan, the better.

and Ankou and Annie mention it later in chapter See Ya

Coyote has the second best troll faces

Even the RotD backed them up on that.

>chapter See Ya
Fuck user, made me reread the chapter.

Mort's goodbye, gets me every time, I always wonder how much of what Annie said and did there was her own idea, and how much Ankou told her to do.

Deserves?
Nothing.
What would be smart?
Death. Like, ghost death. Moving on.

This is very high-tier exorcism. It's like going straight from programming lego robots to trying to hack into SHODAN's brain. Annie is a dumbass.

Are you for real? She is an insane murderous ghost. They have no reason to believe they can safely contain her. Yeah, she's a victim and in a perfect world it would be nice to catch her in a ghost ball and have a ghost psychologist help her work out her issues but this is not a perfect world. She needs to be destroyed or left alone.

Yes.
This.
Annie is a big, dumb giant.

>lego robots
>easy
pick one

I was able to do it and I'm so dumb I grew up to be a construction worker.

It is very easy.
What are you talking about?

Is she actually attacking Parley or just randomly slashing the air?