The /orville/ general

Baby got back Edition

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9fh0l5P_ZE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only started watching this because a buddy and I were drunk and just finished binging Trailer Park Boys. No regrets!

The way Cmdr. Grayson's body looks in her uniform makes me feel certain feelings lads.

I really honestly hope it becomes a big hit, there's so much love put into this that it deserves to be

Me too.

Namely, sexual arousal.

it will have a cult following but ill be surprised if his gets to 3 seasons
id be even more surprised if it gets more than 3 to be h

butterface
dat body slammin in that pic tho

Will Isaac take her hymen as his next practical joke?

can you not?

really liked the ep overall but once again it just has to have some 90s reference in it. stop it dammit. seinfeld isn't even funny.

Photoshopped that mole out. lal

>this is reddits attempt at b8
heres a (You)

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call her a butterface, it's just that it can't live up to the body. But then again, what face could?

you like the 90s references in every episode so far?

are these threads a meme or is this show any good?
always liked watching star trek though I've only seen bits and pieces of the original series and TNG. will I enjoy the show even if I can't fucking stand Seth McFarland?

>But then again, what face could?
theres no clear view to suggest that no face could
shes king of ugly

well i grew up in the 90s
sorry it isnt a bunch of disney channel references like you would prefer seeing how youre underage/ grey up in the 00s

what scenes? nuTrek? just bad shit we ape here all the time like the ending to that hary potter movie?

I was initially hesitant to watch it because I generally dislike MacFarlane's stuff, but it's actually not bad. Although if you haven't watched through TOS/TNG and you like them, you might be better off just watching through them.

how often do you make references to the 1700s?

This show is 80 percent TOS, minus 60s fleur, plus 90s references, plus Seth overall shtick.
Almost zero pretence.
Yes, it's good.

>how often do you make references to the 1700s?
its a parody
this isnt hard scifi you boring autist

Wouldn't you guess, some people reference year 988. It's not our problem, US doesn't have much of a history.

good point but I'd like to follow a modern show so I can shitpost here
sounds good, just hope the seth shtick isn't overdone

(You)

it doesn't need to be in every episode though which is my point. woah central perk, i remember friends XD. we get it seth

>>good point but I'd like to follow a modern show so I can shitpost here
That's fair enough, I was actually going to include that in my post but figured you'd be able to make that leap yourself if you were interested. You should definitely still watch TOS/TNG though, they're really great television except for the first 2 seasons of TNG.

>entitled fag born after 1995 is mad that this show doesnt cater to his generation

>seth shtick isn't overdone
Well, Seth is the main character. But he's not full on Seth, so it's tolerable.
His references/jokes are in too, but it seems like they subside as the show progresses.
In 5th episode there was a single reference to Seinfeld and a single tired "jar of pickles" recurring gag. At least, that's what I've noticed.

I'm a bit confused as to what Lamar's purpose is. Why does the Orville need two pilots who are on the bridge at the same time? It'd make more sense for him to be a weapons officer, but it looks like him and the other guy (Forget his name) share the same role.

On that note, when are we going to see our main hotshot pilot do more hotshot piloting? He was all about hugging the donkey in the first episode, but he's been upstaged by Isaac in episode 4 doing a simple docking maneuver, and then again in this episode with something that should have totally been within his skill set.

can you read? i said its being used in every ep thats the problem. if you used 80s references in the same quantity it would be just as dumb.

One is the pilot, the other is the navigator, as it's been shown.
Also same reason airplanes have copilots.

>still complaining
youre getting upset over nothing
must suck to be severely autistic

>Isaac will never be your roommate pulling daily practical jokes on you

no point in going on desu lads

>still not following at all
your reddit spacing
is showing

I did once try to watch TNG but those first two seasons really are unwatchable, I'll probably follow one of those essential viewing guides the next time I get around to it
and tb h I always found the original series more fun and comfier than the prime TNG that I've seen bits and pieces of
is it anything like "A Million Ways to Die in the West"? literal garbage and all I expect from him these days
if it's like family guy in the early seasons of its return I wouldn't mind it, though that style of humour probably hasn't aged well
>jar of pickles
just a le random recurring gag?

o i understand what you are whining about
but what you dont seems to understand is that NOBODY CARES HAHAHAHA

I get funny feelings in my pants when Isaac says in his oh, so smooth voice "I do not understand."

>Isaac
Thanks, but no. Skynet is too real. Only good AI is nonexistent AI.

It's not "le random" at all... It's an affectionate in-joke between Capt. Ed and Alara. It's cute.

>AMWtDitW
A fraction of, maybe. Not even remotely that shitty, it's the excess that made AMWtDitW intolerable.
>random gag
Pretty much.

My opinion - try Ep 4 and decide for yourself. There are no overarching story, Ep 4 was the best so far, if it's not for you - so be it.

It brings back all the fun to a Star Trek-like show which had been sucked out of Discovery.

racist

It's supposed to be cute.
Exact same phrasing and being in every episode makes it forced as fuck.

This show is fucking garbage. Only Normies living off the government shill this trash.

Your mom is garbage m8.

Well... I think it's cute. I think, eventually, that it will boil down just to something like "Alara... (Points) Pickles."

AI is impossible to stop, and we will become amoeba in comparison in days if not seconds. I don't want to extinct, desu.

regrettably I'm too autistic to pick up a series four episodes in
this is why I'm interested, discovery just looks like a ripoff of the modern movies
good to see someone giving fun campy tv a go again in orville

I fully expected it to be exactly that in this episode. Him looking at jammed door, not even trying to budge it, pointing, etc.

>AI is impossible to stop

just pull the power cable

Discovery is an utter grimdark garbage, without even a shred of rational though.
Fly through vacuum, I'm ok, lol.
Light a light that shines throughout galaxies instantly.
Shroom teleportation, biology is physics.
It's a tin-foiled flat earther among Star Treks.
Sure has high production value, though.

Is the WebM user still here?

they wanted a black character who can get away with saying "bitch" and pumping his fist

Catch-22.
To make AI you pretty much have to connect him to a network. As soon as it has connection to a network - you are fucked.

It's promoting the jew manifesto. Token Handsome Black character to convince your daughters to accept the BBC over intelligence.

I think you know what belongs on that screen.

Eh.
They should've had a character in blackface for that same role.

She should be hot but i find her facial features to soft, they all blend into each other with no definition

Why do you assume that with network access, everyone is fucked? You can have a private network and limit the permissions the AI has

We got some really nice beauty shots of the ship this episode.

Anyone have any captures of them?

Oh wow a 13 year old the Jews cast as chief of security has all of you normie fucks jackingn off. Call me surprised.

this episode had so many crazy things, leg regeneration

I find the sets of STD to be abhorrant, people would trip over that dark lightning, even the JJ films had a bright bridge, even STEnterprise had a lit up bridge and corridors
love it when they go past the ship and zoom into one of the larger side windows

+10 years
Easy there fella

/r-ing a screenshot of the biggest shit-eating grin Seth has in this episode. Like the one he gives Charlize after inviting her to his social. I think there's one more in this one that would make a great reaction pic as well, can't remember where though.

>dark
I laughed out loud at the tribunal scene. A lit fart could've shed more light than that.
But, ooh, that's cinematic.

>eyebrows
What's going on lads? Does she have them back after the first episode or is this a promotional pic that they did before they removed them?

It's a practical joke.

she's only missing eyebrows in the pilot

Oh god muh dick

episode 6 promo for anyone who missed it

youtu.be/9fh0l5P_ZE0

That's missing throughout the series.

they were trying hard for the le evil mood
he is the only one that can handle her strength after all

lucky captain always get the girls

>AN
>ENTIRE
>EPISODE
>OF
>GENDER
>ISSUES

Anyone else mentally preparing themselves for the inevitable episode of Alara getting blacked?

I was going to complain about Pria being a better pilot than him but then they covered their ass by saying her tech was doing the flying that got them out of there alive.

>warp spores

s-she won't

What is going on here? Who was in the wrong?

will never happen, never ever, ever never, she is too pure

When are we getting an episode about forced fighting in a colisseum-type arena, practically nude, while also seducing sexy female trainers? Is it not Trek?
Also, would like to see Alara in that situation.
Hell, even Isaac would be interesting.

>blatant rip off of an exponentially better series
>oh my god, the love!

why are orvillefags so dumb?

why do you look for conflict in places of peace?

Because it rips off something that's good.
Compare it with STD that can't even float a thread.

because those who aren't warring, aren't winning. this sounds like a trumpism, doesn't it? it may as well be.

New episode up on Hulu.

What you really want is the scene where the Klingon beacon went off and the Shanzhou's bridge crew panic with the subtitles reading, "THE KLINGONS HAVE WEAPONISED LENS FLARE!" - just before the Orville crew start sensibly chuckling.

>WEAPONISED LENS FLARE
>IT'S GOING FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT
Seth laughing out loud.

She looked damn good as Mockingbird too in AOS.

The episodes just keep getting better and better, how is based Seth doing it bros?

what?

Jesus Christ, only now I get it.
STD tried to outMacFarlane Seth by not only referencing shrooms, but making them a crucial plot device.

>I find the sets of STD to be abhorrant, people would trip over that dark lightning,
There's a reason the various navies of the world paint their ship interiors bright or off-white - stops the sailors from banging valuable knees and their less valuable heads into things when they have to move quick. High-vis is a must.

exactly

It's obviously a blatant rip of of TNG which is part of what makes it great. Star Trek Discovery has a completely different feel while the kinOrville has the transitions, opening sequence, and space drama that made TNG so comfy without taking itself too seriously.

Man, Seinfeld was shit wasn't it

it's great

way better than ST:D at least

Who cares if it's used every episode? Also I recall the sound of music in there which was made in the 1960's. You probably didn't know that because you clearly are an underage faggot.

So is the black guy a coward, or just acknowledging that Gordon is a better pilot?

Black guy is a nigger.