Invincible Iron Man #2 Storytime

Time for your weekly dose of Bendis

Thanks for the Bendispeak-filled recap Riri

I'm not saying black lives are worthless, I'm just saying that black lives are worth less.

Feel free to shitpost about the comic and Riri, but take that shit back to Sup Forums

Wow, Bendis admits that Riri only got this far thanks to luck.

>I won thos fights
You beat Animal Lady, but I sure as hell didn't see you win any fights in Civil War II. Mostly because I didn't actually see you fight at all because Bendis forgot to show it.

I have a feeling this page is going to make the rounds here on Sup Forums.

>He's so damn fine
Do kids these days talk like this?

Too much Bendis. I'm out.

>Both of her husbands got shot and died
Seriously?

I honestly can't blame you.

>Father died years ago
>Step-father dies
>Friend that hates cartoons dies
Did you really have to be so overkill Bendis?

>You can't just run away from a fight when it's not going your way
You're a terrible teacher Tony.

So Tony knows that his armors are more advanced than Riri's, yet he has her fight a bunch of them at once anyway. Again, terrible teacher.

Poor Stilt-Man, getting ganged up on by Spider-Man AND Iron Man is pretty overkill for a loser like him.

It culminates with her getting the...whatever the new suit is called. But if it ended with her having Tony's Iron Legion here, that would be pretty neat. Thanks for the storytiming btw

>Flashback is set "2 years ago"
>Iron Man is wearing an armor he hasn't used since the 80s
Couldn't they have drawn the Busiek era armor or something?

>I won because super-computer virus
That's extremely unsatisfying, she just pressed a win-button and flied around a little while she waited for it to take effect, hardly a victory worth bragging about.
Then again, Tony's excercise was already pretty unfair.

Hey look, it's those boring generic ninjas from the previous volume of Bendis' Iron Man that Bendis genuinely thinks will revitalize the Rogue's Gallery.
And what is it with Bendis and villains finding stuff out through social media? First Annihilus finds out that Thanos on Earth because somebody posted a fight between Carol and Gamora on Youtube, now this?

So every event/death that has happened since secret wars 1 lasted a couple of days

And that's that.
This was exactly what I have come to expect from Bendis.

Thanks. It's still average-ish I think. Not too terrible, but then the last part does bring to question why they don't train in a more secluded place.

Also, does Riri's armor have hips now? good lord

>Cartoon annoy here
>like romantic comedies
But there isn't anything more annoying than romantic comedies

MAKE IT STOP YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYI

The Extremis armor would fit better the sliding timescale

>You are a genius Riri
>The movie
Fuck, bane posting is just bendis speak.

I really hate to defend Bendis, but it seems obvious that AI Tony is going REALLY easy on her. And while dickish, this is the best way to train someone for combat. They're not going to forget the lessons and they're not going to make the same mistake twice, because mistakes HURT.

>Also, does Riri's armor have hips now? good lord
Thicc.

You know i might actually like riri at the very least she's off to a better start then miles, tony death aside, and compare to miles book this is at least average with some bad and some good moments. that mermaid page can go fuck itself though.

This is only slightly less nonsensical than Black Cat suddenly going after Miles because she hates Spider-Man and so is also angry at the totally new one.

Bendis does Bendis speak on purpose at this point right? That's not how people talk

>This person has a power armor like Iron Man
>That means this person will definetly go after our Science Ninjas group, because only people with power armor are a threat to us. Clearly no other superhero would ever want to fight us.

>The Little Mermaid!
>>I've never seen it.

>You're saying you've NEVER seen it?
>>You ARE a genius, Riri

>It's more than just a cartoon, Nat. How could you have missed it all these years?
>>I hate cartoons
>How can you hate cartoons?

>>They annoy me. I'm just more into romantic comedies

>>Speaking of which, is Stevey coming to the picnic?
>I honestly have no idea.
>>Can you find out, please?
>How?

I'm waiting for my job offer Marvel, I'm less than an hour from Manhattan

>program a computer virus while piloting armor

fuck off bendis

Wait a second those legs

its intentional at this point, right?

He's got to be doing this on purpose. He's got to be

So super computer virus is Riri's Venom Blast?

I'd like to see what they'd cook up when she fights someone who doesn't use tech in their power set.

Here's the important question. Can her suit beat Mile's Venom Blast?

Stark should really invest in an armor simulator so he doesn't have to use live fire on a kid.

Bruce Wayne lost both parents at the same time. This is how super hero origins have been since the beginning, mate.

Don't talk shit about Stilt-man.

Tfw Bendis has his OC Mary Sue and husbando fight next relaunch and has too decide whose one shot finisher beats who

Has Felicia done a single sane thing since Superior Spider-man?

Too bad these losers aren't giving Doom a try, but ninja are pretty much training wheels for super heroes with powers.

Miles x RiRi when?

After he's had his fling with Spider-Gwen.

He was using an Adamantium armor and he STILL got his ass kicked.

Wait, I take that back. Riri's suit is literally just this with a new set of shoulders/head

fuck this bitch

I'm considering it. Dem DSLs...

>I'm flying away... In style
>Toy Story
That's not the quote you idiot. That's not even the right context to use it.
What the fuck.

Tony AI is still on humbling asskicking, one-liners and references are week three material.

Riri superhero harem comedy book when?

How'd that work out for you, Tony?

>why they don't train in a more secluded place.
Good point, it would have made far more sense to train in the desert or something. Or have a training session that doesn't involve a bunch of easily recognizable Iron Man armors.

I think the real issue is that at no point were they ever more than a few hundred feet from bystanders.

>Muh strong black female character shatters all stereotypes!
>literally steals all her super powers
>needs rich white man to teach her everything

GOOD JOB BENDIS!

Maybe that wasn't live footage?

>Do kids these days talk like this?

My sister's seventeen and talks like that, so yes.

Well... I didn't hate it, so good job Bendis.

Logically it shouldn't, since the venom blast has been shown to blow-up any tech it's used on. That's how Miles accidentally killed his uncle.

>It's still average-ish I think. Not too terrible
This just boggles my mind. How can you read a page like and and say "oh this is pretty alright"?

Alright, lets all take our headache.

You have to remember, when this was conceived there was a national conversation about BLM and gun deaths.

Yeah, but those were almost exclusively about shootings by cops, not black-on-black violence. In fact, a major criticism of BLM from the African-American community was the focus on officer-related shootings.

Who?

Not everyone gets triggered by bendisspeak, and
>reading recap pages
wew

so when does the Civil War II issue where Tony Stark dies come out?

Next week, for realsies this time.

So why isn't she operating under the name Iron Maiden and having an edgy suit like a torture device mixed with a demonic samurai?

>Bendis still trying to dance around the fact he made Carol kill Tony

Coward.

No wonder I liked her armor so much. That's one of my favorite suites.

>computer virus
>expecting it to work reliably in some sort of neural turing machine
REEEEEE

>wear a suit
>hundreds of more powerful actual superheroes running around
>hurr if it isn't tony, kill dem because they made a suit

So what logic is stopping her from going up against other exosuit wearing heroes?

It might just be self-replicating junk data clogging up stuff

Stay cucked, family.

why not just..not have an iron man?

>>Father died years ago
>>Step-father dies
>>Friend that hates cartoons dies
>Did you really have to be so overkill Bendis?
Welcome to Chicago. Best place for a Bat-Origin.

>32
Why is he training her to fight crime instead of just using whatever methods he has to control all those armors at once to fight crime?

Because Bendis couldn't think of a better excuse to make villains go after this newbie.

Except reading recap pages makes you a literal cuck.

More importantly, why doesn't AI Tony just build himself a body and just goes back to business as usual? Make a human-like body to run his company too.

Yeah, Tony got himself killed picking a fight with other superheroes and endangering the public with missile barrages, his brain-template AI isn't in a position to be teaching anyone.

I'm not sure. If they do then Bendis probably only got that correct because it was used at least 15ish years ago.

She's a black kira yamato.

I feel like this could be better if someone other Bendis was writing it.

Thatsthejoke.png

So she is Jesus?

From who? It sounded more like the major attempt at deflection was black on black violence (and riots) from when i remember it. Then people got extremely sarcastic since intraracial violence and rioting is nothing unique to anyone.

This comic was terrible.

They just put hundreds of people in New York at risk with their little air show instead of training somewhere away from the public, that makes absolutely no sense.

If anything the official super groups should have been making an appearance to haul the Kid and the armors off for disturbing the peace and public endangerment in such a blatant and over the top fashion.

Seriously, can you imagine America not reacting to 19+ unidentified objects dogfighting in its airspace? Especially after 9/11.

>tony doenst use linux
no one to blame but himself

I don't actually hate that aspect. It kind of makes the idea that she's always wanted to help people more convincing if this is something that's built up over the course of her life, rather than a Sole Trauma Incident.

No. Telling her to consider the effects of environmental changes and seals to her armour in the DESIGN PHASE is the best way to teach her. This is just a way of incurring massive repair costs to a poverty stricken teenager that doesn't have daddy's wallet to fall back on like you did.
She needs to get spider-man to teach her. He understands the importance of tactical withdrawal to create an invention that defeats the enemy or create a new plan of attack,

Does AI Tony have access to any money?

Tony Stark getting hacked is Bendis's DEFAULT thing to write. I don't know why anons are so worked up about it.

It bothers me that Riri hacking the armors into not working is treated as a victory. What's she gonna do against enemies she can't hack?

In universe I can forgive her since she probably saw it on Toonami(googling mecha?) or something and Bendis has no sense of time.