What does Sup Forums think of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome?

What does Sup Forums think of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=11j1-0k4uP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bbbbbrrrrrrrrraaaaaaappppppp

Pretty good IMO, although it was derailed by Tina Turner and the kids showing up
I’d give it a 7/10

It’s shit

Rubbish. Not unsalvageable, but mostly not good.

Only Doug Walker disagrees

It's pretty cool until the kids show up and it turns into a completely different movie.

It's the Beyond Thunderdome of the Mad Max series.

i love it and really don't understand the hate

I liked it a lot. It's on the same level as the rest of the trilogy for me and I don't understand why everyone hates it so much. The part with the kids is fun and fits well within the Mad Max universe.

Good, but not as good as the other Maxs
I blame Byron Kennedy for dying in a helicopter crash

I watched the trilogy one day and i thought honestly at the end of it beyond thunderdome was the best one

Why is it so hated? I’ve not seen the new one but was keen on watching the series

Wasn't actually that bad, apart from the awful Tina Turner music.

youtube.com/watch?v=11j1-0k4uP8

Decent up until Max actually goes beyond the thunderdome
It's not a patch on the Road Warrior though. Worryingly Fury Road has more Thunderdome in it than Road Warrior.

I liked the general lighter mood of this one in comparison to Road Warrior. Mad Max was older and it treats him more like a father figure than a middle aged tough guy, I also thought the kids were ok...the only problem with this one is that it gets a little bit cheesy at times and goes a little too far in a few places. Tina Turner was ok also but she was going a little bit too far here and there, it just needed to tone it down a little bit, the sentimentality that is. It was also weird that he ran into the helicopter dude again and they didn't recognize each other. In my opinion it was still far better than fury road, which was a pile of shit imo.

Fury Road has nothing to do with this series imo. It doesn't match the feel in any way. It was done all wrong, too much CGI, wrong actor playing Max, Charlize should not have even been in this movie at all, storyline makes no sense (who gives a shit about spoiled bimbos being raped, 99% of the population DOESN'T EVEN HAVE WATER and I'm supposed to give two fucks about a few whores?), the character development doesn't even make sense, the people in Maxes flashbacks weren't even addressed at all, there are almost no relationships, nothing feels even remotely real. Visuals and mood are great but fury road was practically taking place in another dimension, it wasn't even remotely believable. Road warrior was great because it felt possible, like it could take place in the real world.

No one gives a fuck about a few spoiled bimbos, but their escape is also Max's chance for escape, and tagging along with them is his life insurance because they have water.

Just walk away.

1 established the general world and setting of the story, road warrior established Max as a character and as the semi-legendary ''road warrior'', thunderdome added more to the setting and has the best worldbuilding, fury road expertly mixed all those three into one movie, with good worldbuilding and developed the character of max more

>worldbuilding

What else are you gonna call it, my retarded friend?

Fury Road is the result of a cultural distortion of Mad Max. You look at shit 'inspired' by Mad Max and it's all insane charred hellscapes with twisted impractical cars, when Road Warrior really wasn't too much like that. It did seem more realistic and smaller scale, as opposed to Fury Road.

That isn't a bad thing though, it can be what it wants and is, and it does it really well. I would have liked it to be more Australian though (saying this as an Aussie though).

Also I saw Immortan Joe's mutated/midget son out in public one time, that was cool.

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HEEEEEROW

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER WEEEEEEEY HOME

ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYAAAAAAAAND

TAN DER DOM

Its the best one, very cheesy, cool fight scenes (master blaster), cool characters (master blaster), and lighthearted story. Its all I need. Fury road understood this, and went all out on the action, and got rid of the grim story.

IS IT ALL FOR NATHEEEEEEEENG

Apparently that film sucked because George Miller's friend was killed in a helo crash while looking for a filming area. It impacted the film in a bad way. But now I can hear Tina Truner song in my head

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HEEEEEEROW