& Barry Kitson
& Tom Brevoort
scratch their nostalgia itch
and continue the Untold Tales of Cap's Kooky Quartet

Other urls found in this thread:

www56.zippyshare.com/v/0BhaLBq7/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one cares

If no one caring about it was a barrier to a storytime, how many current Marvel comics would get storytimed?

I like that the letterer (Ferran Delgado) is doing a pastiche of Artie Simek's old lettering.

I wonder if Waid is one of those fans who only likes the X-Men before they got popular.
(Maybe not. I know Kurt Busiek famously only really likes the Silver Age X-Men and hated the Dark Phoenix saga. Not sure where Waid stands.)

I kind of would like to see the original premise for Thunderbolts, where the Avengers let in a bunch of new heroes and they all turn out to be Masters of Evil. Their vetting process is so bad I fully believe this would happen.

I don't know why they're reprinting the old Avengers letters pages. Maybe they want to show that fans have always gotten angry when Marvel makes changes. Which is true, I guess, but that doesn't mean all changes are good

I care.

Thanks for the storytime, OP.

No Quinjet?

>2.1
I'll never get over dumb this is

Only time the decimals worked was the villain month tie ins, and only because they were oneshots and DC doesn't have many non Batman villains people care about enough to buy shit of.

Why does everyone project their daddy issues on Cap?

Because everyone in that group other than Captain America was an orphan.

Cap was an orphan himself too, maybe not from the beginning but his mom died when he was 14.

Also Clint ran away from home because of his shitty dad, don't know if his parents died some point after tho.

He was

cont.
Waid, Busiek, Byrne, Hembeck, Neal Adams, Nicieza (not 100% sure), and apparently Bendis, are all fans of 0riginal Five.

Also, it's a meme that the classic X-Men weren't popular. They were put on hiatus because of Goodman, but he changed his mind, once he'd seen the sales numbers

Hulk, on the other hand, was a huge flop, as he was cancelled after 3 issues

It's almost also a forgotten lore, but Stranger was a big deal in X-Men mythos, with his arc ending in X-Men Forever and Beyond.

>Comic ends all muties do a spirit bomb drawing power from everyone on earth against ayys

This is not good.

What?

Are you implying that would be a bad thing?

Is it me, or have the X-Men always been huge dicks to Pietro and Wanda?

I'm guessing this is "Avenger X".

I agree with Pietro. Fuck Thor.

Didn't the X-Men and the Maximoffs leave on good terms? In fact, I distinctly recall that they offered them to join the team.

That was pre-Secret Wars.

I'm getting tired of people saying this. Secret Wars is not like DC's Crisis. The only changes done to continuity were undoing the Final Incursion and putting Miles Morales into 616. Everything else is exactly the same.

But it also means there is an out for any possible continuity error that happens between comics from before it to after.

The X-Men were largely a boring-ass comic for a big chunk of the Silver Age, up until Thomas-Adams. The Kirby-plotted first 15 or so are a hoot, but Werner Roth's the definition of underwhelming.

The Bumpers

They do mention there that they offered to take them in.

But in Avengers 16 the reporters mention it was the X-Men who vouched for the Maximoffs being no longer a threat (this was before the "X-Men are hated and feared" thing really took off).

Busiek is such a Silver Age X-Men fundamentalist he even thinks Thomas/Adams is too dark (he was on X-Plain the X-Men talking about how much he loves Zelda the Waitress and Bernard the Poet, completely flummoxing the hosts).

I don't think Waid is that far gone but he is the guy who insisted on bringing back the bit from X-Men #3 where Xavier is in love with Jean.

Avengers 002.1 (2017) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www56.zippyshare.com/v/0BhaLBq7/file.html

This was actually great. I loved all the shit talking.

Dickishly mind-controlling people without permission is a very Silver Age Professor X thing to do.

Hurm.

Thanks for the storytime OP, I enjoyed it

Agreed. It's weird how Waid manages to do so well on the Avengers, Avengers.1, and Black Widow, but absolutely shits the bed on Champions.

He lacks experience in how such a group would function and is instead drawing from dubious fictional ones and intrusive attempts at trying to be current.

To a lesser extent this is a problem with his Archie reboot. It's not as bad but he's straining so, so hard to show he's down with the kids today.

There may just not be any way a writer can come off as down with the kids today, even kid writers can't do it. The best bet is usually to write a stylized version of teenagers that doesn't pretend to be the real thing, like the original Archie.

That's also a good idea because the real thing sucks.

Why do Normals throw crap at Supers?

What else are they supposed to throw?

Clint treating Jarvis like this, when Jarvis is how he got on the Avengers in the first place irks me.

>he was on X-Plain the X-Men talking about how much he loves Zelda the Waitress and Bernard the Poet, completely flummoxing the host

Really?
I'd have thought they'd be all for the degenerate hipsters of the 60s given that they are degenerate hipsters of the now.

cute spin on the "Hawkeye is lame" line

The degenerate hippies of yesterday are the failures who did not give us a liberal utopia.

bump