What does Sup Forums think about the American Interstate Highway Network, was/os it good or bad for america?

What does Sup Forums think about the American Interstate Highway Network, was/os it good or bad for america?

it was good but no speed limits would make it better

No speed limits would make it worse.

demolish it. install a rail system for rapid transport and make renting cars easier for lighter travel

Too many retards don't keep right except to pass and need to have their licenses revoked.

I wish we had them in the UK

Our motorways are shit

freedom of travel = freedom of information.

Also brought the feds more control via dat cash

Fantastic! With little effort, you can get anywhere in the US in a day or two.

Problem is, it's falling apart. It needs some nursing to keep it going.

poor person detected
Why would I want to take a train over driving or flying?

It's optimized for consuming the most gas for the gov to keep getting high gas tax revenue.

it's great and we should invest more money in maintenance. it did, however, cause some major problems for large cities so we should've done some parts of it differently.

It's nice having a stable currency so the federal government can go into great debt providing funding for such a vast road network.

Flyover state resident detected

Honestly how?

Everyone drives 75-80 anyways, nobody actually stays at 65.

There's always that 1 fag who drives 55 in a 65 zone, I'm guessing it's you

>it's falling apart
Where?

The Interstate is good, but most of the people that use them need to have their licences revoked because they can not drive.

What the fuck is it with speed limits that I always want to go faster? Some of the north texas highway speed limits were increased from 60 to 70 mph last year. I find my self pushing to 80 even though I was satisfied going 70 when it was limited to 60.

Why do you care about our highways? I certainly do not care about yours.

Bad. Incredibly inefficient like most car travel.

Should've built an amazing rail network and integrated all public transport.

NEEDS 8 MORE LANES.

It was one of the greatest infrastructure projects in this country, but it isn't being maintained properly so it's gone to shit in a lot of places

It only exists in its current form because leftists can't stop piling on top of each other in the degenerate, enormous garbage heaps they call their home and ((((city)))).

I live in Commiefornia
Go take your shitty reddit meme back there

Sucks shit.

this
80mph just feels right

Because driving is fucking annoying. You don't want an autist like me on the road. I don't want me on the road. Yet I live in the midwest... so I have to be on the road.

Needs some TLC but it was ultimately a good idea, though I wouldn't mind seeing speed limits bumped up another 10mph.
Parts of the interstate by me have recently bumped up from 65 to 70, even though everybody goes at least 80.

an amazing rail network would only work in the northeast corridor, tri-state area, and california.

outside those areas rail fails

Those fucking faggots who go 65 give everyone else road rage

Flow of traffic would be fucked because some sperg would go 100+ and wipeout causing mile long backups everyday.

>Incredibly inefficient like most car travel.
How?
It is the only method that gets you directly from point A to B

Why stop at 80MPH?

Why not drive at 800MPH for that matter?

I don't get this "every driver is terrible meme".

I've been driving almost daily for three years, interstates, small local roads, whatever, and I've maybe seen one truly "bad driver" in my entire time driving. A dindu who cut me off at a traffic circle. And maybe one or two swerving drunks very late at night when the highway was empty anyway.

Everyone else generally presents no complaints, doesn't do anything ridiculous, etc. Is my experience unique?

>Because driving is fucking annoying.
At least you admit you're an autist

Public transportation in this country is so pathetic that it is common to see New York license plates in Florida as it is so easy to drive down here.

The Nazis had no part in building it. Therefore it's shit.

Driving is fun. You just need to get clue.

so many insane fucks on pol

>retards don't keep right

I thought you weren't supposed to in America?
Just pick a lane and anything goes?

>Why not drive at 800MPH for that matter?
Because even the most advanced street legal hyper cars max out around 260MPH

There are millions of people that cant properly merge and they should all be executed

Even in California institute would fail. Outside of connecting the I5 and Bay Area huge sections would still be in the boonies.

Some states have keep right laws but for most states, it's an unwritten curtosey

No but i live in Indiana and people here can not drive. They drive slow in the passing lane, they cut you off, they tailgate, etc....

Atlanta

when i drove from new jersey to new mexico and back it was 75 on most interstates..

Try to get through Chicago during rush hour. You will spend hour and a half in traffic. The traffic jams usually start at O'Hare and go all the way to South Side.

Because you like anyone else are edgy and wants to break the law to feel cooler.

>the I5
Good luck getting high speed rail up the grapevine
Also the plan isnt even to follow the 5
It is to follow the 99

That happens anyways, only thing a speed limit does is give highway patrol the right to ticket people for going a reasonable (80mph) speed

good for america but the left most lane should be turned into a toll lane so people running actual business w/ deadlines can get to where they need to be without being delayed.

I thought on wide roads it was more a hindrance than a benefit.

We only have one wide road in the Netherlands, and some people suggested using "American rules" on it.
I think the main argument against it is that it will cause confusion if one road had an exception to the rules.

We need more express lanes with limited exits
I want to drive though LA without having to deal with the locals

This guy is based. Do not fall for the four wheels jew meme.

i live in los angeles, most people are quite bad here. tons of people tailgate for literally no reason

>I don't get this "every driver is terrible meme"

You're all fucking morons.

t. otr truck driver.

t. Someone who has never driven extensively in Florida

>driving 100 mph
>literally ONE (1) person fucks up and has the guy behind him brake hard
>everyone else going 80-100 behind you has to brake hard to compensate for the sudden stop and their current speed
>traffic jam immediately more dense than if the same scenario would happen with slower speeds as most people would not need to brake as hard because they were not going as fast as the speeder who fucked up in the first place

you do realize bumper to bumper traffic occurs when people brake to avoid a crash right? as soon as one driver stops his vehicle completely, even if doing so to safely to avoid the mess a quarter mile ahead of him, everyone else behind him is now stuck in bumper traffic.

Michigan you know when someone is drunk driving by them not swerving to avoid potholes. :^)

What does Sup Forums think about the Norwegian highway network?

Explain the autobahn then?

Why isn't there a major pile up on the autobahn every day then?

our interstate hwys are great, the problems only occur on the outer loops around major cities. These were constructed mainly to serve as a defensive perimeter in case of invasion during the cold war. Not for traffic.
>pic related, this is ours in DC. 495, every day there is an accident and traffic for hours.

even on the interstate?

No traffic
90% of yurpoors cant afford a car

You do your best, but it was still nerve-wracking driving there this winter.
Your tunnels are great, though. Good job.

Nah. You just need better driver education.

Most of the autobahn has speed limits, and they are imposing more and more.

Only safe stretches have no limit.
And even there the vest majority of Germans restrain themselves, if only to save fuel.

Germany fails at capitalism. Americans need to be on the road at all times to get our shit done, so we are naturally more impatient and have a lot more people behind the wheel

It was good, but it destroyed many communities that had existed for a long time in my state

>I don't get this "every driver is terrible meme".
No user, you are the bad drivers.

There loads of cars but they know how to drive.

Slower cars stay in the left lanes (outer) and fast drivers go in the right (inner) lane

>be on the road at all times to get our shit done

What "shit" gets done on the road?

This shits the most annoying thing when it's a 2 lane

In the future the interstate highway system still sucks.

Pic-related

It's good for getting from city to city but causes serious gridlock in major cities. Poor city planning with terrible chock points of 3-4 highways merging is a killer during rush hour

Not that bad now with Rick try to get it fixed but two or three years ago it was complete shit especially the Northern parts of the state.

Choke*

Its worse when its two idiots driving side by side

And everything is curved for no reason.

God yes...

going from A to B to C etc. you wouldn't know much about world power citizen business though, and I'm not trying to joke around.

The real problem is the one piece of shit going 95 when the rest of traffic is going 75.

>going from A to B to C etc.

Wow, so productive.

Meanwhile it's a short bicycle ride to my office where I run a software company.

How big is your property?

Fuck you nigger I already pay a highway tax in my state to keep shit updated and in good condition, I'm not paying for fucking toll roads. The roads in my state are already better than literally every highway network around us. Take that yankee jewish mode of thought and fuck right off.

t. North Carolinian

>Roads are, on average, in considerably better condition than in the US
>driver's license training involves 15-20h of theory and 30 practice hours on different types of roads (country, inner city, Autobahn) and different conditions (day, night, dusk, if possible fog in fall/winter), costs around 1.5k - 2k €, one mistake and you have to retake the practical test for 200€
>have to get a strict TÜV inspection/certification for your car every couple of years, any defects and it is grounded until you get it repaired
>Germans fully concentrate while driving at high speeds and in general, nobody does the kind of shit you see Americans do while "cruising", shit like cup holders is not very popular

I'm not just autistic, I'm fucking stupid. Women drive better than me. It's fucked up. It's really fucked up. Need a self driving car pronto.

That actually looks better than my local road 7/10 would commute to work on

actually it's been shown that going under the speed limit creates more traffic than speeding

You know they're still building roads right?

Move the fuck out of the passing lane.

atlanta is actually doing a lot of work on their interstates as we speak. our interstates are actually in pretty good shape (not everywhere of course), but our city streets are shit

Must be a pretty shitty software company if you cant even afford a car.

Without it, there is no UPS/FEDEX. There is no logistics to transport food, building materials, or energy.

Think of it this way:
If every truck driver in this country took a week off, the entire economy would tank. There literally is no contingency plan for this at the civil or government level.

Amazon is the only company to think about this, as their drone program attempts to alleviate a potential full scale logistics disaster. Even then, though, once the warehouses are empty, they couldn't be restocked with drones.