Are HOA's mildly annoying but mostly positive...

Are HOA's mildly annoying but mostly positive, or insufferable cunts who severely limit what you can do with your own property?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128078864&ps=cprs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the latter

if you live in a nigger city, they are pretty nice cause they keep the riffraff out.

If you already live in a nice area, they can be really unnecessarily costly

in my home search i made it very specific that i wanted nothing in an HOA.

no one's going to tell me what i can or can't do.

I can answer this one:
Insufferable cunts.

Depends on the HOA

In a lot of neighborhoods it's a bunch of rich stay at home moms than run the thing while cucking their husbands so it's awful

>see homes listed for $180k
>check the HOA
>HOA is $1000

Wew

see
It's paying taxes on top of taxes for even more "laws"

and they tend to be corrupt as fuck especially if all the land isn't sold yet. I live in an HOA and the contractors get all kinds of loopholes that not only afford them the opportunity to pay less dues (for us, they only pay one due for all property owned) but also an equal amount of votes (all non-joined lots = a vote)

How does this work? Can you opt out of it? Do they own the property and when you buy it from them they impose their rules?

This always seemed weird as fuck to me.

You sign a contract when you buy the land. This contract legally enforces that you follow the "covenants" of the HOA, and agree to any repercussions for not doing so.

If you want to live in a certain neighborhood, it's required to pay fees to the HOA and follow their rules, or you can be fined.

You own your house.

1) buy land

2) get construction loan

3) build energy efficient house to high standards instead of buying mexican built shit house from a contractor

4) profit

If HOA can put lien on it you don't really own it

Reminder to always threaten to build a radio tower in your yard. HOAs cant tell you not to, only the FCC can.

please user...even a roofer can put a lien on your house. that is poor logic.

Do you want to live under the supervision of soccer moms and bored retirees? If so, HOA is for you.

Most HOA prices are too high, it's a money scam and often isn't justified.
If an HOA is more than 50 dollars and only includes
>basic outside coverage insurance
>mowing grass
>trash
You are being shilled hard.

I've seen HOAs cost as much as 150 dollars a month for only the three I mentioned.
I've also seen HOAs that cost 60 dollars that provide a lot more than what I stated.
These are generally in housing areas that bring in a lot of money, country clubs, etc nearby.
The fact you have so much money means the HOA needs to do little as far as upkeep as often you will be a member of the clubs nearby which communistically share all profits.
>example: golf course is over priced

You agree to a penalty cost, however they can not take your house from you.
You will have to sell your house.

Roofer can't force the sale of your home

second one

They can and do take your land from you.

The fees associated with noncompliance can give them a legal means to sue you for the value should it get that high.

The latter, along with being extralegal extortionists who can literally take your house from you over nonpayment.

They should be illegal.

why? it doesn't violate the NAP.

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128078864&ps=cprs

They're basically stay at home soccer moms that have way too much power. If you have a 300,000 dollar home, you're going to take care of it. It's basically a legal mafia.

I used to work in a city housing department, and HOA boardmembers are really repulsive, self-important toolbags. I personally believe city officials should get paid more just to have to deal with them.

So what you're basically saying is that you're okay if the new neighbor turns his front lawn into a garbage dump and directly impacts the value of all nearby homes.

easy solution.
>don't enter into contracts with sleazy soccer moms
trying to restrict someone's right to contract is communism.

State and federal laws protect against that asshole.

That's not permitted under city ordinances. You'll have to try a bit harder.

not that user, but freedom means
your land your rights.

This

HOA's are fucking Fucking Communism

The fuck is a HOA?

That

You don't have a choice in most areas.

if you have an income below 80k you should not post on Sup Forums

go back to your double-wide.

Currently live in a decent HOA.

We pay about $230/month and that includes the following:
>garbage pickup
>law care
>pool use during the summer
>snow clean up during the winter
>they're also in charge of any damages done to the outside of the homes such as roof or side of house damage
They also leave us alone, been living there for a little over 5 years now and have had no problems. Overall, not that bad.

When you guys grow up and own a house, you'll understand. You don't want the biggest investment of your life to lose 1/3 of its value because your next door neighbor painted his house lime green and pink and built a tiki hut out of PVC pipes in his front yard. When you move into a neighborhood, you join a community that wants to collectively keep the house values as high as possible and keep the riff raff out. People who can't grasp this are why white flight is still a thing.

It's a choice. People that bitch about HOA's are retards who didnt look up the rules before they moved.

HOA's are completely legal.I would never ever live in one since it limits what I can do on my own fucking property past local ordinances, but if you move to one, you have no right to bitch.

except cops
government
mom
your black bull
jews
the whole fucking world
your boss
god
the list is long but ill stop there.
YOU WILL BE TOLD EXACTLY WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT YOU EDGY LITTLE FAGGOT.

home owner's association or POA property owners association.

usually headed by a board of property owners (aka contractors who own the most land in most instances) who can legally tell you what you are allowed and not allowed to do with your land. Does not superceed actual state and federal law, but usually expands on it bypassing that shit by dictating what style and color of your house and things like that.

Lawn care*

Some will let you opt-out. You just have to be very careful about reading the fine print when you purchase a home. It boils down to having a realtor you can trust or hiring a lawyer to look over the paperwork.

some HOA are bullshit. there is no doubt.

but not always

you may hate them if they restrict something you want to do, but you'll appreciate them when one of your neighbor's can't do something incredibly stupid that would piss you off.

you can always buy a home somewhere else. the wonderful thing about the free market is that you can move to any market that suits you. No one is forcing you into an HOA.
It is like the minimum wage, if you want to work for more than minimum wage, go get another job, don't try to force it higher that violates the right of employees and employers to contract.

When a housing developer creates a subdivision, they can write in that the area will be managed by a HOA. It's a contract between the residences and the building company before construction even starts.

No, you can not opt out of them. If you choose to live there, you are choosing to sign a contract with the HOA, the logic being that in exchange for dues and restrictive rules, your neighborhood will be up to a better standard.

>what are local, city and state ordinances, Alex?

bitter white people with a boring father and wife who cucks him are insufferable cunts who report your treehouse, shed, dog, or the fact that you seem happy in your backyard are the ones limiting you

Im fine with it. Keeps property value at a good rate and I'm not being infested by literal niggers who don't mow, trash the yard, BBQ and do drugs in the middle of the street

My house is technically part of my cities "Historical District", so you can't modify the original structure but it also means that no new shitty apartments can be moved into the area/keeps all the riff raff out.

So yeah, I can't redo the outside of my house without approval but its a minor price to pay to keep yuppies and nigs out, and my property value sky-high.

>the biggest investment of your life to lose 1/3 of its value because your next door neighbor painted his house lime green and pink and built a tiki hut out of PVC pipes in his front yard

What a joke. Drum up a real-life example or shut up. This is just too stupid to read.

Now see that's fairly worth it. You would have to pay for garbage pickup and pool access otherwise, so that's a decent chunk of the $230 every month any way. The fact they actually mow your lawns, do snow removal and take care of outside damage makes it worth it.

I lived in an HOA neighborhood before, all they did was give you pool access and the bitch about every little fucking thing they could ever find. No lawn service, no service of any kind. You had to do it all yourself or catch a fine. Fuck that shit.

I moved in an HOA. Dues are $250 a year to cover the pool and lawn care. Even met the HOA president at the first meeting who offered his position to anyone who wanted to fill the position.

I leave people alone and no one bothers me.

You clearly have never lived around FOB Asians

this

my hoa does dick though, literally nothing

A Year for lawn service? That's fucking awesome. The spics here like to charge $50 a week for that shit. I just do it myself with a shitty push mower I got for $25, but it's death every fucking time. No HOA so I can let it grow, but I'll usually be the only one on the block that does so I am pressured into doing it.

My HOA fees are stiff because I live in a townhouse in a practically crimeless neighborhood, but goddamn do they make the place look beautiful. They also cover any damages to the exterior and immediate surroundings to the building.

I have an HOA because I am a poorfag who could only afford a town home.

Definitely kikes.

We have a historical district in my neighborhood.

After the housing bubble, there was a development company that was knocking down a bunch of older houses outside the HD, buying them out for cheap, then building the exact same house over and over and over again. Just this one house. 3 stories tall, but super narrow so it looked ridiculous. But, no one could stop them.

Then, a couple of the HD houses were getting foreclosed on, and the development company started putting bids in for them. A week later, the township passed a new statute that said that new houses had to be constructed to completion on any foreclosed property while mainting the integrity of the original hisotric building.

Or translation: they told the development company that to build a new house, it had to be constructed AROUND the old house completely before the old house could be knocked down. Dev company left shortly after. It was great.

HOAs are designed to keep niggers out of your neighborhood, if you have to live in close proximity to niggers they are a necessary evil.

They keep my property from being devalued when some autistic faggot paints his house pink and let's his lawn grow out of control.

Ours is minimal. We take care of brush pickup and have zone captains that monthly write a letter or report to the city any code violations. We meet monthly and discuss things. We recently rallied with 3 other hoas and neighborhoods to block a "buy here pay here" car lot from moving in. Our fees are 25 bucks a year but we usually do a special assessment to raise it to 75. I'm going to get us to lower it this next year. I'm the treasurer. We literally do nothing but talk about the local crime and property violations. That's it. The worst we do is put a lein on your home so you can't sell it until you pay your old fees. Which we only do if they get really really bad like couple hundred bucks over 20 years. And we usually settle for half. I'd say ours is a net positive. I hope to become the president and disband it someday.

>be me
>Grow up in NJ suburbs
>Parents pay off the house, they move to Florida
>They give me the house (bout 7 or 8 years ago)
>Homes being torn down and Mcmansions are being built in their place
>The value of my home is pic related
>I want to sell and move out but I can't ;-;

Don't let people tell you HOA is a meme
If my neighborhood had it then this shit would never had happened

HOAs keep the Rednecks and dindus in line.

Pic very related.

>Making a big deal over a deer blind
>Hunting makes you a redneck

Fucking HOA bullshit.

I have no idea I live on a ranch in Montana. How do you people live on top of one another like you do ? My nearest neighbors aae 21 miles away

Non hoa is the way to go. I don't live in an hoa and God damn it's great

>People want to live next to a guy signalling that he's going to shoot at things every hunting season until he moves out

HOAs can take it too far, but this isn't evidence of that at all.

Thanks for the info! I live in bumfuck nowhere, nearest neighbor half a mile away

HOA only annoy middle class boomers that "think" they've made it. They then do not want to be told what to do, its hilarious.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a group of neighbors getting drunk together while keeping the neighborhood clean and riff raff out.

City state and county can't dictate the appearance of your home that much. Not enough to keep potential buyers from scoffing. Things like mismatching shutters. Ill painted garages or unkempt fences.

I guess it depends on what state you live in. plenty of middle and upper class people hunt and fish in rural Minnesota. Usually it is the better off that can afford nice setups.

I don't' consider it trashy around here and I would live to live by hunters.

dubs is correct.

I have never heard of such a thing, outside of a strata or condo building. I'm not even sure that any of this would be enforceable if I own the property,

My father is the president of the neighboorhoods HOA. Literally everyone is a fucking faggot kike.

You want to cut a tree down? Only if we say so.

You want to put a fence in the front yard? No.

I think they're a good thing overall but when I was looking for a home I decided that I didn't want to live in a community with one because the fees add up. I live in FL and the average HOA fee in the area I live was about $300/month. $3600 a year isn't much to ensure the value of your property but I thought about putting that money in an index fund every year for 30 years and decided against hoa.

Instead I bought 4 acres an hour outside of the city which seemed to give me the best of both worlds. My home value will remain stable, though low, and I got to save money.

I'm still not against HOAs but it just wasn't for me. If I had a family or a greater need to live closer to the city I would buy in area with one.

>insufferable cunts who severely limit what you can do with your own property?

why would you want to cut down a tree and potentially lose its shading/ cooling?

> I'm not even sure that any of this would be enforceable if I own the property,

sorry, canadabro, but it is literally written into the deed of your house.

You really can't. We get submissions for property alterations. We also can't really do shit if someone wants to build something that falls within the city code. Literally nothing. We just kindly suggest and they just don't add on the whatever the fuxk.

>Have heart attack
>Die because you're in Buttfuck, Nowhere

>Having to drive 21 miles to socialize with possibly shit neighbors

There's some perks to living in the boonies but overall it just seems depressing, and this is coming from someone who hates being around people in general.

Better than city governments because only property owners can vote

Smart move dude.

The statement wasnt about mismatched shutters. The statement was about a garbage dump festering in an overgrown lawn.

Yes. I also like knowing any fuck shit happening in my neighborhood.

You couldn't be more wrong. Living in the country actually builds quality relationships. You come friends with your rural neighbors and your kids practically grow up with one another. You essentially gain another family or families(s)

Not to mention the chance of your son becoming a cuck is slim to none.

t. rural Minnesotan who now lives in town and goes to the family farm every weekend

Depends on the area. My HOA is only $800/year and it's mostly to keep up the lawn care around retention ponds, roads, lights, et cetera. They're not particularly annoying and let you get away with a lot of stuff that they probably shouldn't (like my neighbor's lawn is probably 7-9 inches right now).

Tree roots can fuck with the foundations and piping

>$300/month HOA fee

That makes me sick to think about.

Yeah but shit like just basic crumby looking exterior can effect your homes value and you know it.

The latter.

It's about not wanting gunshots to go off while you're watching football or working on your car or literally anything else you do at home. I can't believe I have to explain this to you; what are you, a child?

+1 upboat

>A few distance gunshots related to hunting is a big deal
>Hunters shoot off multiple rounds (shit chances are they will shoot off none or one)
>Faggot user who has never hunted

I can't believe I have to explain this to you; what are you, a fucking moron?

Seconding this. The people who live in those neighborhoods are insufferable Reagan Repubs.

Why have someone shooting fuck all in your RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD? One good reason. Hardmode no fudding.

just don't buy an HOA house

Muh swpl lol.

Have you been to a poor neighborhood before? Yards jam packed full of junk is certainly not uncommon. Think the house in good will hunting

If it's residential. It's already illegal.

In townships you can shoot to your hearts content... so there is some context to be had.