ITT: Lovecraftian movies

ITT: Lovecraftian movies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Train_(2006_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone who says The Void will be devoured by a shoggoth.

The void

Pooty Tang

Problem Child 3: The R'Lyeh years

When Shoggoth met Cthulhu

The dinner scene is such a classic.

Look at that skinny faggot. The original alt right weeb

What phase of HPL are we talking about?
His Poe phase?
His Dunsany phase?
His Machen phase?

Usually, it's his Machen phase people talk about the most. The stories inspired by The Novel of the Black Veil/The Novel of the White Powder/The Great God Pan (Call of Cthulhu, Lurking Fear, .Re-Animator, From Beyond, Cool Air, etc.)

Me, I like his Dunsany phase the most. Love the Dreamland and the Dream Cycle stories.

Blue is the color from outer space.

what if Cthulu...

Me? I'd serve crab legs.

The best truly lovecraftian movie I've seen.

really surprised me

unironically i like lovecrafts dream cycle stories best as well. they have this archaic feeling to them, totally out of touch with contemporary storytelling.

*BBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP*

was an oppai loli

Seen it, it's good.

They are some of his best work in terms of storytelling and the worlds he creates are so far beyond your typical fantasy I wish he'd explored it more before his death. But Christ if every encounter the protagonist has doesn't end in 'but then I remembered I was friends with *some group/ so they came and saved me/showed me the way out'.
Black Mountain Side had some lovecraft vibes, might be worth a watch if you've seen the usual films posted in these threads

ITT Sup Forumseddit

the thing
the shining
alien
the exorcist 1 & 3
mothman prophecies
in the mouth of madness
event horizon
the burrowers
the fog
the mist
predator

inb4:
>muh cosmic horror
>muh unseen
kys

The Exorcist 2 is more Lovecraft than 1 and 3. It's a really good movie (Director's Cut).
The version the show on tv (similar to the T-Cut) is butchered beyond belief and scenes are out of order too.

i saw the 2 like 15 years ago and it was so bad i have a mental barricade against it to the point i refuse to acknowledge its existence, even for a supposedly decent director's cut.

Ghost Train.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Train_(2006_film)

It's okay. Not great or anything, but okay.

Noroi is better and still feels like a HPL story with the mix of vinsanity, sci-fi, supernatural, etc. It lacks forbidden tomes and shit like that, but it's close to a Lovecraftian movie.

Maléfice. French movie about prisonners who find and evil book in the wall of their cell. Really good imho.

idk, I really liked the plot point that the demons were attacking people with the potential the help others.

why there was no big film based on lovecraft books?

In what way is Predator lovecraftian?

Because his books are literally just DUDE IT'S SO SCARY YOU CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND LMAO which understandably doesn't translate that well into film.

You never read any Lovecraft, have you?

No. He always describes everything.

Might be the case in his earlier works like Dagon but not remotely in his later stuff where he'll describe the creatures in detail. I mean for fuck sake he even jokes about it in The Unnamable.
There's a retard like you in every thread. Read some of his work or fuck off.
I gotta agree desu, Predator is a bit of a stretch.

/)

The Void was a good movie, you should get devoured instead.

You're right, I was thinking Aliens VS Predators.