More inspirational than Superman's been in the last two decades

>english dub
Why do you do this to yourself?

Shut up, Bruce

>More inspirational than Superman's been in the last two decades

I liked it a lot
Here's another
youtube.com/watch?v=ajreyMZ4Y1w

The dub for it wasn't too bad, they at least got people who sounded similar to the Japanese voices.

I dunno about two decades, but All Might is probably the best Superman since All Star Superman by my reckoning

Yeah there have been pleanty of mediocore fights that are nothing but tropes inwestern animation...why?
Fuck the animation in shonen anime took a fucking dive from bad to terribad.
This is like fist of the north star exclusivly for stupid people.

That was just OP samefagging, don't dignify it.

I loved everyone's voice, but they completely ruined Tomura's. It made me pretty upset.

DCAU supes in underpowered enough he has plenty of good fights. The one with Captain Atom is fucking good.

Anime style Consecutive-Normal-Punches does not make for the most dramatic fight, in my opinion. Just animating the individual blows with appropriate weight and impacts on the characters' bodies does wonders.

I recall an episode of Batman that had Nightwing lay into a mobster with a boxing combo and it looked viscious.

I love how they needed the fuckboy to nerrate what was going on. Like really, the average viewer of this is exptected to be that stupid.

It's shonen. Characters are always narrating whatever is happening. Especially in situations where the characters are basically doing the same thing as usual, but HARDER.

It's also a way to convey how amazing an action is, because everyone is in awe, but it's actually what me stop reading some books. I can fucking tell what's happening. No need to explain.

Besides, I have developed a lack of patience for the usual "same attack but harder". I like the intent of the guy pushing himself, but it's not "that" impressive when every manga character and their cousin do it all the time.

Saint Seiya is based on that shit.

no one cares about your weeb shit

Bruce's bathroom beat down of Jason Todd in Under the Red Hood. Too bad they censored the bruising and blood from when Todd gets his head shoved through a porcelain fixture.

Ok, side question, has there ever been a Sup Forums related fight more tense and nail biting than
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ62frK74u0
where instead of trying to impress you, the fight draws you in as you can feel the desperation and exhaustion of the characters.

> Long, drawn out ballet with xiphos and sandals
> Maintaning tension

Chambara and westerns figured out a long time ago that you build the tension up and then cut it quickly.

That's just how weeb naratives have always been. They're not really big on "show don't tell" and instead take a more sensual approach. As Scott McCloud put it, western comics usually convey "action-to-action" while Jap comics go "moment-to-moment". Basically, they focus on the internal workings of characters rather than just strait up punches, and the most straightforward way to do so is narration.

Thus, almost every anime takes time to have internal monologues or someone commenting on the scene a la Greek chorus.

Here OP.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8

go watch one punch man. it shits all over shonen tropes.

Is there a Sup Forums battle more well animated than this?

Literally only shounen does this shit.

Not that user but there's definitely tension throughout that fight. It's clear almost from the start Hector has nothing on Achilles, and given we spent half the film getting to know them, we care about the outcome of the fight.

When it becomes clear Hector has no chance of winning (again, fairly early into the fight) it creates that dramatic tension as we see him get more and more tired while the freaking demigod Achilles is barely sweating. We know Hector is going to loose but they keep us from that conclusion as long as they can.

For all that films flaws, that fight was one of it's highlights

>I can barely punch hard
>But I must punch hard
Trully amazing, OP.

>this fight
>dramatic

better example:
youtube.com/watch?v=R6dKFRVZTng

He's not talking about his power level

...blink...blink...
Ok, now I gotta download this movie.

That is some flaccid garbage, I'll tell you what

I'm not quite, either. I just mentioned it to compare him to other, more insanely OP Supermen. Though I'm pretty sure the Cpt. Atoms that match them could give a pretty good fight too.
can ya tell I'm exited for the Captain Atom mini?

I gotta admit, as stupid as Naruto god, that shit is fucking incredible.

Why didn't he just use alchemy to beat the guy?

Watch a sports game. Sportscasters do this shit all the time as though people don't have eyeballs.

>OPM
>dramatic

>ribbit!

that's one rare pepe

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyILB1cVS7g

youtube.com/watch?v=yUJxaewOISA

Bakshi Lords of the rings, also does't have dull colors like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=3mCQiu9X2mM

youtube.com/watch?v=wx-0leXs8P4

youtube.com/watch?v=sPGFC5hCybQ

>That slow clunky movement

Even with rotoscoping this manages to look like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778

It's not even rotoscoped you nigger.

Jack's father was so fucking cool.

I like this scene, but there are much better anime battles than this that you could have chosen.

youtube.com/watch?v=tR0f6yuBfdk

youtube.com/watch?v=zp_6RLAGINU

I'm sorry you can't appreciate good swordplay

youtube.com/watch?v=0WFKvxE4YVg

>Dub
>Not Mumen Rider
2/10

the same attack but harder thing makes sense in this context because the noumu has shock absorption and hes trying to break the limit of the absorption

thats the "impressive" part of that, not the stronger punches. the thinking on his feet.

Okay, I admit this was pretty rad.
also
>mothgirl
>frogirl
top qt

>(You)

>picking anything other than the dream-subterrenean fight or maybe carnage kabuto at the outside

Has there been any Sup Forums cinematic animation that has a fight scene comparable to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY

> mfw no one's posted dofus or wakfu

Genos vs. Saitama was pretty good

Actually...

Prime was a pretty decent show.

Hell no, because when's the last time any western animated feature film had any protagonist that was specifically a sword fighter, fighting another sword fighter.

Hell, the only real showdown between a protagonist and antagonist bearing primarily martial arts skills...

Well...

youtube.com/watch?v=QHpuPXKOwUI

>digital animation
Looks like fucking shit.

I'm not sure if westerners just are unable, or unwilling to make their cartoons more "intense". Even the coolest fight scenes I've seen in cartoons can't even compare to the level of hype even a mediocre fight from a crappy shonen can provoke.
>inb4 that fight scene from SU where garnet is fighting a clone(?) of her
Yeah, sure, that was cool, but compare it with anything from Hokuto no Ken, Jojo, or hell, even One Punch meme. It pales in comparison. Samurai Jack and Wakfu are the shows that come the closest to emulating that in my opinion, probably because of the heavy weeb influence behind those(Gendy, france in general).
>you're just a weeb
On the contrary. I barely watch anime, as the vast majority of them bore me, and the common anime tropes frankly make me cringe.

I think it has mainly to do with the west's standards of what is or isn't considered child friendly, and also what the networks want. It's not okay to show blood, death, or people punching each other(I mean REALLY going at it), shows are often episodic, which detracts from the sense of progression in the plot, and a more recent problem is that shows are half assing their openings in favor of shorter intros so the network can win more shekels from the fucking 10 extra seconds of commercials. Every action show needs a kickass theme song to play during the intense battles.

Where the fuck do you think we are?
We want to WATCH our shows. Not READ them.

How else am I supposed to enjoy the show in the background of my life as I clean the house?
You fucking WHORE.

Avatar had some pretty good ones, but even those didn't scratch the surface of the big Hunter x Hunter fights. The narrative tension is palpable because the MCs lose so often and anyone can die. I can't think of any western cartoons that take big risks like that, so there just isn't ever the same level of narrative tension driving the action scenes.

>Ignoring Wakfu and Dofus

I mean, c'mon. That shit is super hype.

Dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=T4A4WfGSyao&ab_channel=Mother'sBasement
Hella drama in that show.

>more than 100% of his power

They originally did that for people who would listen to it on radio.

>Samurai Jack and Wakfu are the shows that come the closest to emulating that in my opinion, probably because of the heavy weeb influence behind those
At least fucking read before posting.

how about a gun fight tha devolves into punches?

For most of that "fight" you couldn't even see the participants or their limbs. Plus they did that stupid anime bullshit where you get reaction shots from other character spliced in where they explain why the things you're not seeing are cool. I will grant you that there was one pretty well-animated exchange in the middle there, but please don't be fooled by the hot-blooded dialogue.

Now, I'm a guy who thinks dialogue and character drama are really fucking important to strengthening a good fight. Not having seen this show, I can't really be a good judge of whether the dialogue in the clip helps or hinders the overall series. So I will compare with a fight that has BOTH great animation and strong character interaction.

Sym-Bionic Titan, episode 16: Escape from Galaluna
youtube.com/watch?v=nMy9_-w1RNQ#t=11m24s

Like ones that are just generic anime garbage?

Yeah instead of a corny over-the-top English dub we could have gotten a corny over-the-top Japanese dub that would have disguised how stupid the dialogue sounds when people actually have to say it out loud

You can't make me.

This is Sup Forums.

how can you read the subtitles and watch the action at the same time?

>dumb frogposter doesn't know what it is to go further beyond

(checked)

> PLUS DUBS
> praise fucking kek

Kung fu panda had no right to be so good

That entire exchange between hisoka and gon with zero commentary was great

Shounen has better fight scenes than most western cartoons because fighting is rarely the focus of cartoons, whereas with shounen anime it's often one of the main draws so they can dump all their budget them. As "generic" as the results usually are, it's still much better than 90% of western fight scenes. Also, anime is generally bigger in Japan than cartoons are in the west if I'm not mistaken so there's room for higher production values. That said, it's kind of hilarious seeing people get so fucking defensive over cartoons.

Adding to wakfu/samurai jack, there's kung fu panda if you count movies:

youtube.com/watch?v=i846rmYryjs

And Gargoyles had pretty good fights in general, but I can't find any one in particular on youtube

I think it really helped that there was a very simple and pure goal behind it. Gon wanted to punch the motherfucker in the face and they spun the whole fight around him trying to get his shot in. The payoff is one of the best I've ever seen. Shit was great in the 99 version too (that fucking 'come hither' thing Hisoka does without saying a word).

The fact that they hyped the fight against Kai so much, only for it to end in a short fight in the real world, plus a curbstomp in the spiritual was my biggest grip with 3.

A scene where a homosexual murderclown cums all over himself because a small child punched him in the face shouldn't have so much dramatic tension.

I mean, every fight in OPM is bretty gud. The question is one of tension. Carnage Kabuto is early enough that we don't realize just how overpowered Saitama is yet, as the "Literally Invincible" premise hasn't quite soaked in yet. Thus, tension.
And the Subterrenean dream fight is the only time we see Saitama take ANY damage. This sudden flip of the rules and his sudden need to really try is what gives tension.

The parallels between this and Gon's earlier game with Netero are so great. I love the concept of "these are ridiculously strong children who do ridiculous stuff like running for five hours and killing boars with their bare hands, and they're bottom babby tier"
Any western cartoons that embody this feeling? Characters that aren't impotent, just out of their depth but still able to make small victories through planning and willpower

Apparently his superpower acts as a percentile multiplier, so pushing beyond one hundred percent is just what his power does.

Later on, his protege goes to one million percent of his power and pretty much shatters every bone in his arm

this is anime, not western cartoon

I never really saw how it was a problem. Usually when people are talking, there's not a lot of action going on. And there's only a sentence or two being displayed at a time, so I flick my eyes down, take half a second to read what's being said, then go back to the rest of the screen.

Most fight dialogue is characters screaming attack names or character names, not heavy plot information, after all.

>anime fags will never fuck off

You're worse than Sup Forums