Supernatural what the fuck

>watching past season 5
>eh not bad
>watch some season 1-5 again
>it's a million times better

What the fuck happened? They just got fucking lazy, no creativity at all for instance compare how they portray heaven in season 5 to now, just lazy lazy lazy, reusing plotlines from season 4 and 5 instead of having new ones

Pandering to the tumblr audience instead of pandering to the X-files audience doesn't help either, I wonder how the creator feels that his show is a fucking parody of itself now and a shell of what it used to be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSXALlAUEQQ&list=RD_74JI-lM0Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZy8cAgBlM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>They just got fucking lazy, no creativity at all for instance
Kripke always envisioned Supernatural to end in Swan Song.

Gamble tried something different without stepping too much into outlandish territory with a return of focus into monsters but expanding on their lore with the alphas and Eve, while simultaneously tying them with Purgatory, a concept tied with Heaven and Hell. Kripke had a hand with season 6, which is why the second half was much stronger and had better footing than the first

Carver steered the show back to heaven and hell without a clear sense of direction and new lore so obviously the show dipped in quality. He also tried so hard to avoid any big bad because he initially thought it weight the series down but ironically, he introduced the biggest bad (the Darkness) the series has to date and it's also his best season.

Kripke hasn't come back to being hands-on on the show, so take that as you will

I never thought I would drop the series, back in the day. I was just so into it... but then it just got fucking bad. Repetitive, lazy and bad. What a waste.

even better is that season 5 seeds the idea that Dean owes Death a debt, when dean explains its about god and the devil, death balks at it, proclaiming he is beyond that,

there you go, you were practically handed the plot of the next season on a platter, Gamble you uninspired twit

>I never thought I would drop the series, back in the day.
same, user. my best buds and i dropped it around s9-10 but we're back on the ride thanks to 11-12

the leviathans are way more inspired than metatron

leviathans had so much potential, season 7 was close to being GOAT but they fucked it up hard

the show stopped being fun when it became all about heaven and hell and dropped the more fun monster of the week formula.

I mean seriously, we had the candyman, vampires, witches, that one water ghost, etc etc, then it became THE DEMONS THE DEMONS THE DEMONS THE ANGELS THE DEMONS DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

>my best buds

Why did you feel the need to inform of us this? just say you dropped it

i rewatched it earlier this year and made me appreciate it more. it aged like wine
>see pulp fiction a week before slash fiction episode
the reference initially went over my head the first time i saw s7
>get used to "evil in a suit thanks to Angel's Wolfram & Hart"
made me appreciate the Levithans' corporate look and movement

Plus the leviathans were the first enemies to actually have the Winchesters on the run
>no help from heaven
>no help from demons
>Bobby dead
>Bobby's house reduced to ashes
>even Bobby-lite Frank Deveraux ended up missing or dying

im trying to point out that many others dropped the show, too. no need to get your panties in a bunch

Frank made 7 feel like X-files then they killed him off for felicia day, rip

my buddies actually stuck through it until 12 but then dropped it, after all the shit 12 just pushed it too far apparently

12 was the one that pushed it too far? really?

is 12 the one where they retconned lucifers motivations and completely butchered his character? I know that the mum coming back an death being killed is a lot of what killed it for them

dead demon blood is harmless

ruby is our friend

>12 the one where they retconned lucifers motivations
that's 11
>death being killed
that's 10.
both Carver's era

O DEATH

quality scene and quality casting right there

I'm still salty about the way he died.

everybody is, user. i believe nu-death in some form is yet to make an appearance.

>death will one-day reap god

I dont understand how the embodiment of death can even fucking die

Yeah, weren't there supposed to be supreme cosmic consequences from that?

And apparently he dropped it around season 10 but picked it up again thanks to season 11?

it's a physical avatar. i don't think death as a force can be rendered fully inactive since there are still reapers around and they need a boss

Carver probably envisioned the consequence to be releasing the darkness or some shit. Wouldn't put it past him considering he sucked as a showrunner

I just started watching I'm in season 2 now

season 2 is great user, hope you enjoy the ride

are you one of the anons we had the past week some threads over? the one who initially thought it was twilight tier

>its a "The Boys Bury an immortal man and bella fucking dies" episode
jesus. that got dark fast.

I only saw a few episodes but

>one episode is about participating in a event about themselves
>literally fan shilling, the episode
>another episode have them being thrown in different television formula
>that ad where they talk about a new disease but it's actually part of the show

Does anyone else miss Charlie?

Changing Channels is pure kino. Herpexia alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>What the fuck happened?

American TV never cancels a show until at least a fifth of its total episode count is dross, because Americans watch TV in zombified stupor due to the working culture mandated by late capitalism, and the deliberate sabotage of public education by both major political parties, whose purposes it serves to keep the populace in uncomprehending peonage.

season 3 was kino I wonder how different it would have been if there was no writers strike

>this fucking episode

sounds like Season 7's plot

Fuck man,this is when Supernatural used to be good and get me on the edge of my seat.Back when things were at stakes,not like fighting god's sister or some shit.

Takes me back

just get hammered and watch shit from 1 to 5

>Genital herpes

Oh fuck my side, i saw it in my native language but they were talking about a new disease to fit with the mouth sync

I managed to get to season 8.

>season 6
>Uh, this is pretty bad but maybe it'll get better
>season 7
>Ok, this is starting to get pretty masochistic but I'm not ready to give up hope yet
>season 8
>fuck this, I don't hate myself that much

what language was it

French

I dropped it at the end of 8, then came back this year and binged 9-10 which I think is a step up (first few episodes of 9 are fucking atrocious though) mostly due to based Dean and smaller scale shit

But honestly before resorting to coming back make sure you've ticked off X-Files, Kolchak, old school Twilight soon since they are all much better than post season 5

cool. didn't know they did dubs on other countries

dont the japs from the anime who voice sam and dean voice them for the show in japanese too

i know about the animation but i had no idea they also liked the live action format

they do,and it's terrible

>get drubj
>See thus thread
>feck yeah supernatural theread
>See that faggots still makes buffyxsupernatural threads

Literally killing my buxznqm I am isric

don't be a hater user, a lot of supernatural fans are also buffy fans. we have a separate thread now, just post and stop complaining

I dropped it at the 2-parter finale in S2. It didn't take long for me to realize the show was going in a direction that I didn't care for. For me, S1 was the best because it was mostly monster of the week stuff with an overarching plot threaded through everything. S2 was like that until the finale, which made the series feel like it was progressing way too fast and losing sight of what made the first season so intriguing.

As contrived as it is, they should have either went with an X-Files formula where most episodes are standalone, or they should have waited longer for the heaven vs hell thing to kick off. I really liked the idea of them having to hunt with the FBI always on their tail. Stuff like that should have been used more before turning the show into what it is now.

I want to fuck that.

This. Childhood is liking plot arcs, adulthood is knowing that standalones are more satisfying.

>which made the series feel like it was progressing way too fast
it took them 2 seasons of meandering around with the overarching plot

>they should have waited longer for the heaven vs hell thing to kick off
heaven didn't even fully step in until season 4. before that it's all ambiguous angelic beings that are actually something else

I watched 1-5 and loved it
6 was bullshit, they just reset everything.
I dropped it then.

I ended up trying to watch season 6+ several years later because my sister was obsessed with it but it never really worked for me

I'd say watch 1-5, don't watch the final scene of the last episode of S05 and stop there

Season 4 had the best monster of the weeks

And 3 was pretty much 100% motw

2 had the best MOTWs, 4 had the best MOTW-tying-to-main-arc episodes

season 1-5 was planned and written as an entire story arc, following seasons were mostly condensed per-season story lines with hits and misses, there are still some kino episodes in the following seasons though

in for a penny in for a pound etc. watch it all or don't watch it at all, Supernatural is comfy and the good episodes make up for the bad ones

>bobbys back
but why tho

>bobbys back
which season are we talking about

>after school special
>jump the shark
>criss angel is a douche bag
>sex and violence
>metamorphosis

Absolute kino and they didn't tie in with main arc

next season

That meandering is what I liked. I don't think the show should have been 6 seasons of angels and demons when it was urban legends and folk tales that the first season had for its hook. I watched the show when it premiered on WB, and I really liked the first season. But my point is if the intent of the show was to always get to where angels and demons become the main focus point, I think they should have dragged their feet getting to it or maybe had one or two seasons of it and move on to something else. The show is boring and repetitive now with the only highlights being the odd MOTW stuff they do so infrequently.

>metamorphosis
tied directly to sam's upcoming demon blood addiction. it served as a parallel. rewatch it and see how sam desperately tries to save the guy, telling him that he can overcome his in-born freakside, while dean throws veiled attacks at sam, having just witnessed sam drink demon blood. iirc, the previous episode even had a "to be continued" card before metamorphosis starts

I might pick it up for a couple more seasons then. That S2 finale did not sit well with me at all.

it's an alternate universe

to each his own. we won't get anywhere arguing because it literally boils down to our subjective taste

youtube.com/watch?v=YSXALlAUEQQ&list=RD_74JI-lM0Fg

Gabriel, Dean and God, Crowley go to a Con.

NO FUCK YOU. THIS VIDEO ALREADY MADE ME TEAR UP LAST NIGHT. I WONT DO IT AGAIN

you drunk cunt

buffy fans helped keep supernatural alive you ungrateful freak

>helped keep supernatural alive

And thats a good thing how it's been 90% shit the past 7 years

nah initially. it was pitched as buffy for guys and the several crossover actors helped keep it afloat

lol fuckin fags

>it was pitched as buffy for guys

What

Over here it was literally pitched as X files 2 but more horror

>FROM THE PRODUCERS OF THE X FILES

Every fucking advert

That's the only reason my mum ever got into it she was a huge x files fag

Still is even though it's shit now

like supernatural

well i got on this ride late, so i wont argue with you about that then

should I fall for the CW meme? All of their shows have cool premises, but they all seem the same a couple seasons in.

Like they got some AI writing all the scripts

youtube.com/watch?v=tCZy8cAgBlM

>but i keep cruising, black impala moving, it's like i got this brother by my side saying it's gonna be alright

SHAKE IT OFF

>tfw you'll never bang Hilly Hindi in Dean make-up

For several seasons I was expecting them to just close off hell and get back to monsters rather than demons, even before they spent a season on the project before abandoning it in the season finale like a couple of retards. It felt like such an obvious thing to do at so many points, rather than upping the stakes and making the demons weaker. Then this last season they even had Crowley bringing up closing off hell forever, but I'm sure they won't deliver on it yet again.

I just want episodes about some poor guy who got lynched and turned into a vengeful ghost, man. Fuck heaven and hell.

i can't bear myself to watch this. as much as i like the song id rather have it within the few seconds of the episode instead of this parody video

That Dean is seriously unnerving.

thank you. i feel the same

it's pretty comfy though, ton of cast members including the big ones have cameos and femme Dean makes my pee pee wiggle

>all those actors showing up and having fun
Man, even as bad as Supernatural got I'd still love to work on it, just because they seem to have so much fun together doing it.

This was miles above other cw shit, the showrunner cared and told cw to fuck themselves a few times

will Jensen and Jared be set once this shit goes into syndication? you'd think they got some pretty good deals by now

>season 1-5 fags

Embarrassing

your buddies are plebs

Hello,

I stopped watching when Dean got the Mark of Kaine on his arm. I've seen enough, and the show was great up until a point.

That said, I always still wonder about one thing...

Did they ever save their half brother from Hell or just leave him in that cage with Lucifer or whatever?

Just forgetting about him (the characters and the writers) was STONE COLD.

nobody cares about Adam

>thinking there wasn't a severe sudden dip in quality after 5

Honestly think Dean getting the mark and that story is the best thing to come out of post season 5

There was but it's still more enjoyable to watch than a lot of tv,. 11 is my fave season

No I agree (for now I'm only just getting up to 11) it's the only game in town new x-files turned out to be awful and Constantine got cancelled

1-5 was just one of the best shows I've ever seen, now I watch it because it's decent and even good sometimes but just not close to what it was

This was way better than I thought it would be. My impression of the majority of the Supernatural fandom is that they're the western equivalents of fujoshits who care more about homolust than actual plotting or character. You can tell that this video was made with a lot of love and attention to detail and they reference a lot more of the show than just the flavor of the month storyline.

>it's the only game in town new x-files turned out to be awful and Constantine got cancelled
i remember you from last thread. yeah, shame constantine got the axe. at the time i was praying supernatural gave its seasons to constantine instead. at least supernatural is now on an upswing

Its getting a bunch of 10 minute animated shorts, not much but maybe one can dream it will revive interest and get a season 2 happening

>tfw people called it a supernatural ripoff and his outfit ripped off cas

Triggered the fuck out of me, kripke even said hellblazer was a major influence on supernatural and castiels outfit was a homage

that also pissed me off, and as a diehard supernatural-fan, made me feel so bad and embarrassed because of shitters who don't know their favorite show's roots/influences

iirc, misha collins acted weird and all creepy towards a kid wearing his outfit for halloween only for the dad to tell misha the kid was dressed as constantine

hopefully he turns back up in arrow or flash or something, even legends of tomorrow like Vixen. that'd be neat.